Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

DDJ SX3 vs. MC7000

DJGlennB85 4:01 PM - 5 March, 2019
What’s your guys’ opinion on these two? And which would you go with?
DJ JulioYEG 6:15 PM - 6 March, 2019
The mc7000 has 2 mic inputs which are nice with separate gain controls and features echo for both mics. A big reason why I purchased the mc7000 was that it has individual deck scroll knobs. On the sx series, you have one big selector in the middle. Mc does it like the sx line from pioneer. Also you have booth outs on xlr not jacks plus main out on xlr and rcas unbalanced. You have one combo xlr mic jack and one mic input on jack. The mc7000 sounds a lot better to me and has more headroom, compared to the sx3. Also you get pnt serato video and one more serato package i forget. The mc7000 is worth it far more than the sx.
DJ Tecniq 6:20 PM - 6 March, 2019
Be cautious about the MC7000...it’s very cheaply made Check the plastic they used.
youtu.be
DJ JulioYEG 6:23 PM - 6 March, 2019
Quote:
Be cautious about the MC7000...it’s very cheaply made Check the plastic they used.
youtu.be

tbh ive had mine for 2 years and havent had any problems except a bleeding fader which just has to be cleaned. which is another plus for the mc because it has a removable swapable fader. Ive had no button issues an if i remember correctly pots are metal.
DJ Tecniq 6:27 PM - 6 March, 2019
^ while they may be metal in the video the button is clearly attached by plastic. Watch as he removes the button. Glad you haven’t had issues though.
DJ JulioYEG 6:30 PM - 6 March, 2019
Quote:
^ while they may be metal in the video the button is clearly attached by plastic. Watch as he removes the button. Glad you haven’t had issues though.

even in cdjs the buttons get fucked so idk buddy probably fucking drums with the play button
DJ Tecniq 6:34 PM - 6 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

even in cdjs the buttons get fucked so idk buddy probably fucking drums with the play button
Read the comments multiple users have had the same issues. Facts matter.
DJ JulioYEG 6:42 PM - 6 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Read the comments multiple users have had the same issues. Facts matter.

thats only a small amount og units sold tho. if u wanna look at numbers you have to consider number of units sold and the problems. we both know quality control with inmusic is non existent
PaulT99 6:47 PM - 7 March, 2019
Ive not had any issues in 2 years with my mc7000. I still believe its the best Serato Controller.
Re the Buttons. The mc7000, mcx8000, sc5000 prime and sc5000m prime, and the new Prime4 all use the very same play button pack.

The overall amount of failures is low, and if you go bashing the buttons non stop like a twat then they are going to break.

Speaking to DenonDJ recently it looks like they might be opening a "Parts" section on the website to order spares.
DJ Tecniq 8:28 PM - 7 March, 2019
Here’s the follow up video and it’s been said in the messages they are charging $200 for the spare part which is connected by plastic.
youtu.be
Rebelguy 12:09 AM - 8 March, 2019
Okay we get it...you don’t like the MC7000. Regardless of the plastic buttongate it’s still a better unit than the SX2 and SX3.
DJ JulioYEG 2:18 AM - 8 March, 2019
Quote:
Regardless of the plastic buttongate it’s still a better unit than the SX2 and SX3.

+1111111111
PaulT99 7:29 AM - 8 March, 2019
And its cheaper @ £700 here in the UK anyway.
And you get Serato Pro free
And you get 3 add ons free. Video, PnT, and Flip.
DJ JulioYEG 7:31 AM - 8 March, 2019
Quote:
And you get 3 add ons free. Video, PnT, and Flip.

ahhh flip thats the one i forgot lol