DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Serato Control CD on USB made TOTAL SILENCE on a gig!!!

Dagenafter 11:43 PM - 28 February, 2019
Hi! I had this odd, total humiliation for the first time at my gigs of all times! Basically, we have Pioneer CDJ-2000NSX's and DJM-900 at the clubs. I use Serato DJ Pro with Denon DVS1 Interface to get my music out for people. My music is in a external hard drive storage which is connected to my laptop. I have Serato Control CD's on my USB stick and have used them almost all the time. Also i have the original Control CD's.

Okay, i started my session and played a while, when i noticed that my serato switched from Relativemode to INT. When i started mixing next song in, just total silece came to the club and nothing happened while pressing play or cue buttons. NO MUSIC! At the moment i had timecodes from usb sticks as usually, and there was far enough time! I had to restart my laptop and devices. I started again and played for a while, and the same silence came with the problem as the mode changed from relative to int. Restarted everything again, and pulled off the usb sticks and bumped in the original control cd's to cdj's. Rest of the night i played with no sudden silences. Can anyone explain me why this happened? Can the control cd files somehow be corrupted on usb? And why the Relativemode switches automatically to INT while playing on serato?

PS. I exploder the intenret for the whole night to get answers, and it seems that also other dj's is having this same problem. But i didin't get the answer for why the music stops to total silence.

Any answers, please and thanks!
The Return of Dj Sparky 11:18 AM - 1 March, 2019
You should be using hid not the control tone if the players support hid
the SOUNDINSURGENT 11:48 AM - 1 March, 2019
See if this relates any, youtu.be

I tried to get help but the Serato team just brushed me aside and never really helped, I still have the few emails to prove what they said.....
Sol*los 5:50 PM - 1 March, 2019
I have a similar issue with Serato DJ. I use the control signal on a USB and it will switch to INT from REL. The music will continue playing in INT mode tho so the music never stops.

When i notice this I let the CDJ keep playing and just switch the mode. Then I'll stop the CDJ and start the control track to the start. I've never tried to figure out the issue, but i did recently start using a different USB drive.