Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

are you till using Alchimie Zinc? Or is there a better way?

respectskills 2:01 AM - 28 February, 2019
I'm upgrading my mac and library. I need to know if there is a better way to have my external drive crates mirror in Serato.
Bornd Fono 4:52 AM - 28 February, 2019
Hi,

I have found a JAVA application on the net which does the same job (just without a GUI). Have used it succesful on a mac to rebuild my library several times now. Are you on a mac or on a windows machine? Give me your mailadress and I will send it to you. You will need to customize the path in a setup file to your needs (the file comes with the JAVA file) and then this should work for you too...
respectskills 5:01 AM - 28 February, 2019
I have both a MacBook Pro and windows Pc. I would love to check it out thanks.
Bornd Fono 5:09 AM - 28 February, 2019
The application is called "itch sync" if any other ppl read this and are interested too... just google it!
DJ Tracy G. 8:37 PM - 1 March, 2019
Use the Serato MOVE/COPY command.
respectskills 12:08 AM - 2 March, 2019
Quote:
Use the Serato MOVE/COPY command.

Please explain
DJ Tracy G. 12:57 AM - 2 March, 2019
I'll be more specific. What outcome do you want?

Do you want Serato crates to match your current folders
OR
Do you want to create folders based on your current crates?

Two different workflows - both can be accomplished within Serato without any extra apps and no relocate lost files needed either.
respectskills 1:05 AM - 2 March, 2019
I want seraph to mirror my crates
respectskills 1:05 AM - 2 March, 2019
Serato
respectskills 9:00 PM - 5 March, 2019
?
Bornd Fono 9:56 PM - 5 March, 2019
This has been a feature request for years now bro... until they surprise us with this (and better library management in general) you have to work with the itch sync application I fear.
respectskills 12:38 AM - 6 March, 2019
Quote:
This has been a feature request for years now bro... until they surprise us with this (and better library management in general) you have to work with the itch sync application I fear.

Thanks for your help!
DJ JulioYEG 4:27 PM - 6 March, 2019
back up before you start moving shit. its worth it.
Tariq Salem 9:13 PM - 23 May, 2019
Every time I try to use itch sync, an error comes up. I’ve changed the directory of my music and my Serato folder and it always gives an error
YZ 9:26 PM - 30 May, 2019
That Alchemy app is total trash, the only right way to sync your library is to drag new music to your physical directories, then drag em into your iTunes playlist. Any other way will be messy and cost you the same amount of time to do it the way it was designed. There are other apps to try to skip the "copying to iTunes" part --> dougscripts.com
Dj Frocho 12:12 AM - 12 August, 2019
Alchimiedj still works for me... there is nothing better... that java script you said is not good when you're a regular mac or pc user...
deejdave 12:41 AM - 12 August, 2019
There is actually some truth to what YZ has said. While a great concept the app itself has caused some real headaches for those with large libraries especially and the damage it causes will be irreversible. While a bit more tedious (at first) a proper direct library will always be the way to go. ANYTHING involving iTunes is just asking for trouble on its own as well which has been proven multiple times throughout history and as we all know (or should) history repeats itself and the best thing we can do is learn from it.............. hopefully.
DJ Quartz 5:54 PM - 3 December, 2019
I'm still using this to this day. But things have gone quiet.
YZ 10:11 PM - 6 December, 2019
Quote:

Yea, because just a couple of sub average developer dopy ass kids created the software. I used to talk to them for support and every question I asked was like reporting a bug and they didn't communicate well at all. They don't update it anymore and probably married with ugly kids running around the house, stay away from it. If it snaps your library, don't think you're getting support. It's a band-aid app.
popnwave 11:09 PM - 6 December, 2019
lol
deejdave 1:05 AM - 8 December, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Yea, because just a couple of sub average developer dopy ass kids created the software. I used to talk to them for support and every question I asked was like reporting a bug and they didn't communicate well at all. They don't update it anymore and probably married with ugly kids running around the house, stay away from it. If it snaps your library, don't think you're getting support. It's a band-aid app.

Create your own app if you don't like it. I personally don't know how to create apps and the fact that it ever worked is pretty amazing and people DO still use to this day. I have mixed feelings about it as I have heard some horror stories that may or may not have been linked to its use BUT I would never try to take away from the hard work that went into it.
AndrewX 1:02 AM - 9 December, 2019
Quote:
I'm upgrading my mac and library. I need to know if there is a better way to have my external drive crates mirror in Serato.

No
Bornd Fono 4:08 AM - 9 December, 2019
I would tell everybody to use the java script which floads around on the net. It does basically the same and it's free. You only need like 15 min to configure the settings file and understand how everything works and you are good to go.
Culprit 8:05 AM - 10 December, 2019
Quote:
I would tell everybody to use the java script which floads around on the net. It does basically the same and it's free. You only need like 15 min to configure the settings file and understand how everything works and you are good to go.

Scratch Tools? I use this quite often still. Only problem is you need to boot up SSL first to configure the database file, run the program, then run Serato DJ and your crates auto update according to your folder structure.

For some reason when you boot SDJPro it updates the database v2 file and breaks compatibility with scratch Tools which is no longer in development
Bornd Fono 3:48 PM - 10 December, 2019
Quote:
Scratch Tools?

No, I was referring to the java application called "Itch Sync".
It works flawlessly directly with SDJ Pro (to my experience atleast).
Culprit 8:39 PM - 10 December, 2019
github.com

Looks like its still active or someone has updated it.

Basically do you just run the program after every update to your library and it wont overwrite the currently present track information?
Culprit 8:41 PM - 10 December, 2019
Bornd Fono 9:57 PM - 10 December, 2019
Quote:
the currently present track information?

Please say what EXACTLY you mean with this, then I can answer your question
the SOUNDINSURGENT 11:15 PM - 10 December, 2019
Quote:
github.com

Co-sign, been using this for quite some time now 👌🏾
Culprit 1:18 AM - 11 December, 2019
let me clarify,

like it wont affect existing tracks in your database, it will just add the new files to your database?
Bornd Fono 6:41 AM - 11 December, 2019
The metadata in your files is not changed. The script just cares for folders and lists all the music files inside them... it does not care for the files in detail, so you are good!