Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

Upgrade cost

ilias2008 11:00 AM - 27 February, 2019
Hi! I recently bought Numark Mixtrack platimum that comes with Serato DJ Lite.

1. If i want to upgrade to Serato DJ Pro, I have to pay 129 dollars? Don't I have a discount??

2. Another thing, If I buy Serato DJ Pro, will work only for my gear or with others too? I am asking because if in the future i buy another controller, will Serato Pro work with the new one, or not??
DJ Tecniq 6:23 AM - 28 February, 2019
Here’s an easy explanation. The cheaper Serato devices are usually “upgradable for SDJ as purchase via a license” The more expensive hardware devices are usually “plug n play” compatible with SDJ which means they don’t necessarily require a license the product itself unlocks the pro features of the software. When you purchase a SDJ license you unlock any and all hardware that is compatible. For example if you purchase a Pioneer DDJSB3 that product will now be fully compatible with SDJ Pro due to your license. However you can pay the full $129 for the license or do a monthly paid subscription to use SDJ Pro. The choice is yours
DJ Tecniq 6:39 AM - 28 February, 2019
If you’d rather subscribe for $10 month here’s the link. When you subscribe you get all the expansion packs unlocked as well like Serato Video, Flip, pitch n time etc. If you purchase the full software license you do not get all the expansion packs with it. Hope that helps serato.com
ilias2008 8:25 AM - 28 February, 2019
I don't want to pay monthly.... I want to purchace one time only!
DJ Tecniq 8:56 AM - 28 February, 2019
Quote:
I don't want to pay monthly.... I want to purchace one time only!
Then go to the Serato store and purchase it
ilias2008 9:11 AM - 28 February, 2019
So there is no discount at all?!!
DJ Tecniq 10:06 AM - 28 February, 2019
Quote:
So there is no discount at all?!!
No sorry. They have discounts or half off every now & then which they announce on their social media but it is not discounted at the moment which is why i suggested the $10 month subscription for you. Or you could just use SDJ Lite their limited software which is free. You can also do a free trial of SDJ Pro just download it 👍🏼
DJ Tecniq 10:08 AM - 28 February, 2019
Free for 14 days. Knock yourself out👍🏼
serato.com
ilias2008 10:31 AM - 28 February, 2019
OK Thanks! I will use the Lite version, since i find a discount.
Laz219 5:19 AM - 17 March, 2019
Why do you automatically expect you should be getting a discount anyway?