Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

No main waveforms or audio issue

JackMattinson87 6:00 PM - 22 February, 2019
Hi,

I am using DDJ-SB2s with serato dj pro 2.1. Just today i’ve had an issue where tracks will randomly come up with no main waveform and i have no audio. i am streaming through soundcloud and have had no issues with this till today and i’m wondering why? Have tried changing a few settings around with no luck, i have all the latest drivers and firmware updates on my controller.

Any help will be massively appreciated as i’m a beginner and don’t know a lot about troubleshooting.
DJ Tecniq 6:42 PM - 22 February, 2019
What are the specs of your laptop?
JackMattinson87 6:54 PM - 22 February, 2019
Quote:
What are the specs of your laptop?

Intel core i3-8130u
4GB ram
Windows 10

Literally a brand new laptop
DJ Tecniq 7:26 PM - 22 February, 2019
Quote:
Intel core i3-8130u
4GB ram
Windows 10

Literally a brand new laptop
Not the greatest of processors but it should do. Your big issue is RAM. The minimum requirement for SDJ is 4 gigs ram I would definitely try to upgrade your ram to at least 8 gigs or max it out with however much your laptop can store. As for streaming i think they are still working out bugs and i would not trust this as a music playback source.
makkuso 7:50 PM - 22 February, 2019
Processor is barely ok, 2 cores/4m cache. Adding ram helps a bit but not in long term...
JackMattinson87 7:56 PM - 22 February, 2019
I really dont think specs is the issue really, other people have had this problem, there must be something i can change to stop this from happening?
makkuso 8:02 PM - 22 February, 2019
Registry needs cleaning?
JackMattinson87 8:53 PM - 22 February, 2019
Quote:
Registry needs cleaning?

How do i do that?
makkuso 9:16 PM - 22 February, 2019
I use ccleaner (full version).
makkuso 9:21 PM - 22 February, 2019
But i'll bet it's your i3/ram causing this. Registry being "full" maked them both working not as well as new... I would first add ram...
JackMattinson87 9:24 PM - 22 February, 2019
Ive done a registry clean and that hasn’t solved the problem. Its not the laptop specs because serato has been running fine since i got it with the same laptop, this has only happened today.

I can’t afford more ram so is there another solution?
makkuso 9:48 PM - 22 February, 2019
Support from serato could help... Serato has stated while ago that they dont support amd 2 core processors anymore, you got one, sorry...
DJ Tecniq 10:30 PM - 22 February, 2019
Quote:
Yes. Just download an older version of SDJ like the non “pro” version. Your SB2 is an older model controller which was released before the pro versions.
DJ Tecniq 10:34 PM - 22 February, 2019
However if your laptop is indeed an i3 processor then it still meets the requirements per the specifications on Pioneer’s website. The RAM could get upgraded it will allow Serato to run smoother. The more RAM the better👍🏼
JackMattinson87 12:27 AM - 23 February, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Yes. Just download an older version of SDJ like the non “pro” version. Your SB2 is an older model controller which was released before the pro versions.

Thanks for your solution, this seems like a good option.

Do you know what version would be best for my controller?
Hanginon 9:20 PM - 26 February, 2019
Quote:
I am using DDJ-SB2s with serato dj pro 2.1. Just today i’ve had an issue where tracks will randomly come up with no main waveform and i have no audio.

Wacky stuff can happen to USB only powered controllers. Use the shortest USB cable you've got, preferably one with 28/24 markings on it - 28 gauge for data, 24 gauge for power.
Hanginon 7:29 PM - 2 March, 2019
Quote:
Any help will be massively appreciated as i’m a beginner and don’t know a lot about troubleshooting.

Any luck?

Looks like this was your first Post - you might be new to the Forum. It's not only polite to provide feedback, but it may help someone experiencing a similar problem.
Frozone 2:27 AM - 3 March, 2019
Any chance the tracks you are playing are a format that isn't supported by SDJ?

Aiff 32 bit did the same thing for me. Played fine on my mac. SDJ would load the song, but now waveform and no audio. Play head and counter continued to move as it should...