DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Wedding dj Rcf HDL-6 vs RCF ART-745

Hollowgram 4:49 AM - 21 February, 2019
Hi, I want to know what I should go for. RCF HDL-6 or RCF ART-745. Thank you
Hollowgram 4:50 AM - 21 February, 2019
I already own 2x etx 18sp, 2x srx 18 subs and 1x rcf 8004 as
Al Poulin 5:32 PM - 21 February, 2019
Seeing as the HDL-6 can't be used stand alone (without subs) IMO, I would opt for a full range top that can be used stand alone for smaller occasions. That huge horn on the 745 is also great for live sound / vocal intelligibility. Mind you, they don't look all that great for weddings. Maybe something from the HD line would look sexier?

Al
Rebelguy 12:35 AM - 22 February, 2019
Quote:
Seeing as the HDL-6 can't be used stand alone (without subs) IMO, I would opt for a full range top that can be used stand alone for smaller occasions. That huge horn on the 745 is also great for live sound / vocal intelligibility. Mind you, they don't look all that great for weddings. Maybe something from the HD line would look sexier?

Al

He could get the NX-45a which is basically the 745 in a sexier cabinet.
dj_soo 1:37 AM - 7 March, 2019
Quote:
I already own 2x etx 18sp, 2x srx 18 subs and 1x rcf 8004 as

Wouldn’t it make more sense to just buy the same sub if you’re going to go multiple?
benictrs 6:26 PM - 7 March, 2019
So i would recomend in this order depending on the budget :
-tt25mk2
-nx45
-hd45
-art745 mk4
They are all somme killer tops . Personaly i own tt25mk4's and nx45's and previosly owned some art745's .
You can't go wrong with eather of them depending on what you are doing with them .
If just mobile dj'ing then you should be fine with the art & hd line . If you are intrested in providing sound reinforcement for bands & stuff i would go the tt & nx route .
It's worth to note that the hdl6 is a line array module vs the art745 witch is point source speaker . You would need ad least 4 hdl6 /side in conjunction with at least two 8004subs .... but that wold be a pretty decent sounding little system .
benictrs 6:30 PM - 7 March, 2019
Quote:

Quote:
<div class="quote pl pr pt pb bg-l" readability="12">

Al

No sir you are wrong .
Have owned the art745 and curently own a pair of nx45's these are two diferent animals .
SELECT 7:01 PM - 7 March, 2019
The NX45 is on the top of my list now. I love the wood cabinet (better bass) and look. How is the output and sound compared the the 745? I currently use the 735a.
SELECT 7:12 PM - 7 March, 2019
I also like what RCF Firphase is doing to the speaker - Watchwww.youtube.com
Rebelguy 8:58 PM - 7 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
<div class="quote pl pr pt pb bg-l" readability="12">

Al

No sir you are wrong .
Have owned the art745 and curently own a pair of nx45's these are two diferent animals .

All the discussions I have read on the two cabinets indicate that the internal components are basically the same. The main changes being the wooden cabinet, the horn and some tweaks to the DSP. How are they two different animals?
pdidy 9:54 PM - 7 March, 2019
Quote:
No sir you are wrong.
Have owned the art745 and currently own a pair of nx45's these are two different animals.

Define different?
DTweed 5:27 AM - 8 March, 2019
I’d actually go with evox 8s or 12s they look better for weddings and set up quicker. Check my pic on IG @djdtweed and you can see how sleek they look
Arielito.093 11:31 AM - 28 June, 2019
How many people can I cover with 8 rcf hdl 6 + 4 rcf 8004
pdidy 10:46 PM - 28 June, 2019
Quote:
How many people can I cover with 8 rcf hdl 6 + 4 rcf 8004

500 - 2000 depending on many variables like genre, age, event type, spl requirements, in doors, out doors, ect........ Being that this info was not provided an educated answer is not possible.