Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Seriously Serato... WTF

OJO 9:12 AM - 8 February, 2019
ibb.co

I almost didn't believe my eyes when I saw this conversation on Facebook... Serato: how can you sleep on this? The Xone 96 is a beast and will be seen literally everywhere (5 months on the market and still out of stock almost everywhere). And no Club Kit support? WTF? I think this is a huge mistake which will drive a lot of people towards Recordbox and Traktor (especial since they announced parallel waveforms now). Sad.
DJ Tecniq 9:41 AM - 8 February, 2019
Here’s an alternative since you are a fan of A&H Xone mixers.
serato.com
Rebelguy 9:53 AM - 8 February, 2019
Quote:
ibb.co

I almost didn't believe my eyes when I saw this conversation on Facebook... Serato: how can you sleep on this? The Xone 96 is a beast and will be seen literally everywhere (5 months on the market and still out of stock almost everywhere). And no Club Kit support? WTF? I think this is a huge mistake which will drive a lot of people towards Recordbox and Traktor (especial since they announced parallel waveforms now). Sad.

Every online dealer in the United States has them in stock.
Bornd Fono 10:32 AM - 8 February, 2019
Quote:
Every online dealer in the United States has them in stock.

Different situation here in Germany... I contacted all big retailers a week ago and they said that all charges they expect to get their hands on in the next weeks are already sold out (pre-ordered) and that it would be probably march until a stock establishes. This is strange since A&H is a UK brand and ppl normally say they are better established in the europe market than in the US.

Quote:

Serato: how can you sleep on this? The Xone 96 is a beast and will be seen literally everywhere (5 months on the market and still out of stock almost everywhere). And no Club Kit support? WTF? I think this is a huge mistake which will drive a lot of people towards Recordbox and Traktor (especial since they announced parallel waveforms now). Sad.

Nevertheless he is absolutely right with that. +1
Vinny Crates 7:06 PM - 8 February, 2019
i am also waiting for the sleeping guys at serato.. Unbelievable..
OJO 7:20 PM - 8 February, 2019
I think I‘ll switch to traktor. And yes, here in germany you have to wait for months, if you want to buy the 96.
Caley Martin 6:03 AM - 9 February, 2019
A lot of people are salty about this blatant missed opportunity, myself included. Maybe if we make enough noise they’ll change their minds?
Rebelguy 4:45 AM - 10 February, 2019
Quote:
A lot of people are salty about this blatant missed opportunity, myself included. Maybe if we make enough noise they’ll change their minds?

Possibly. They did eventually certify the DB4. It did take 4 years though.
05spoof 11:38 PM - 10 February, 2019
How much is A&H paying Serato to support the 96?
The Return of Dj Sparky 7:17 AM - 11 February, 2019
Quote:
How much is A&H paying Serato to support the 96?

Not enough by the looks of things
Bornd Fono 12:49 PM - 11 February, 2019
I doubt that this "pay-us-or-we-dont-support-your-hardware" is a business concept with a bright future.
Native Instruments has done the right move imho with opening up their software to all hardware - it makes Traktor so much more attractive!

I would - with pleasure - pay a ton of money to Serato for the freedom to use the software with whatever soundcard I want!
cotdagoo 4:26 PM - 12 February, 2019
Quote:
I doubt that this "pay-us-or-we-dont-support-your-hardware" is a business concept with a bright future.
Native Instruments has done the right move imho with opening up their software to all hardware - it makes Traktor so much more attractive!

I would - with pleasure - pay a ton of money to Serato for the freedom to use the software with whatever soundcard I want!

Agree 100%

When I started with SSL and SL1 back in 2005 it was nice that you could download and use the software free of charge without having hardware connected to sort tracks, prepare, etc..

Free updates were nice as you put down a good chunk of coin on the hardware requirement (SL1), in addition to any expense you had for playback gear (1200s, CDJ, Laptop).

Now with full on controllers with embedded soundcards, integrated Serato functionality the entire industry has changed. I don't know that free updates are sustainable in this day and age when it comes to adapting to the 'ever changing needs' of the modern dj.

I for one would not be opposed at all to paying a small upgrade fee if in turn Serato is able to deliver long requested features, and are prepared to listen to their user base. It would be a good move for them financially, and perhaps would drive the team to implement more features if there was more pay off for doing so. I'd actually almost prefer this method if it ensured a better feature set came to SeratoDJ as a result.
DJ JulioYEG 7:19 PM - 12 February, 2019
Quote:
for one would not be opposed at all to paying a small upgrade fee

speak for urself idiot. imagine spending over 2k on a mixer just to have to pay 10 bucks a month to pilot the stability for a software. The day that happens is the day I quit djing or migrate to standalone only
YZ 7:25 PM - 12 February, 2019
Keep it locked. They're already having trouble keeping up with all the button and knob players, god forbid they have to start supporting all the other Fisher Price crap guys are using these days. Not thanks.
Bornd Fono 8:19 PM - 12 February, 2019
Quote:
imagine spending over 2k on a mixer just to have to pay 10 bucks a month to pilot the stability for a software. The day that happens is the day I quit djing or migrate to standalone only

Your opinion.

Quote:
speak for urself idiot

He has another one. No need to be an asshole here.
Gio Alex 10:06 PM - 12 February, 2019
Quote:
Here’s an alternative since you are a fan of A&H Xone mixers.
serato.com

That's not even close to being equivalent. Unless you were trolling.
cotdagoo 10:54 PM - 12 February, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
for one would not be opposed at all to paying a small upgrade fee

speak for urself idiot. imagine spending over 2k on a mixer just to have to pay 10 bucks a month to pilot the stability for a software. The day that happens is the day I quit djing or migrate to standalone only

"I for one" means I am speaking for myself.. lol

idiot eh.. I'd reserve that term for someone who can't distinguish what the term "I for one" means before slinging mud.

Speaking for myself, I did not mention spending 10 bucks a month or suggest any kind of subscription.. You may have some comprehension problems my friend.

I personally.. *cough* would happily have paid a one time fee for a 2.0 upgrade, a 2.5 upgrade or anything that contained significant feature upgrades if that made things happen faster in the SeratoDJ feature world.

Otherwise where is the development cost coming from? Licensing controllers? Mapping hardware? Clearly not cutting it in any way to prioritize features that have been requested for upwards of 6+ years.. it's nuts.
CMOS 12:02 AM - 13 February, 2019
I wish Serato would open it up to all sound cards, so i can use this cheap <$100 card i already have then complain that it doesnt work right. lol

OMG Imagine the routing issues support would have to deal with.

I know when using Ableton with different cards, even though the inputs and outputs are physically labelled the same between the 2 cards, the software I/Os can sometimes be different numbers.

For those who want Serato to work with any card, what cards would you use?
YZ 8:11 PM - 13 February, 2019
Quote:
I wish Serato would open it up to all sound cards, so i can use this cheap <$100 card i already have then complain that it doesnt work right. lol

This is what some of the people in here don't think of. They don't work in IT or tech companies because if they did they would know that selling a mass produced product with proprietary software, that's it's not a bright idea to open it up to the world when you only have x # of support staff, x # of help desk guys, x # of dev and dev ops people, etc. Fixes would be back logged to hell supporting all the cheap crap you guys go out and buy. Some things need to remain in a controlled environment. Tons of hours of software development and driver support needs to be added to the product, with more additions = more problems and so on.

OP, basically you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about my man. Sorry.
Despo 1:14 AM - 14 February, 2019
Quote:

For those who want Serato to work with any card, what cards would you use?

Djm750? Traktor z2? Djm250? Any cdj that has a sound card? Traktor can do this. Rekordbox can. And serato can't for some reason? Come on
AKIEM 4:06 AM - 14 February, 2019
i would pay a couple hunit for the long term 'simple' features requests. and a couple more for a library overhaul...
05spoof 4:20 AM - 14 February, 2019
Time for that Serato Kickstarter...lol
Bornd Fono 2:57 PM - 18 February, 2019
Quote:

I would immediately support this. Have my 96 since a week now and I high expectations were reached. Insane mixer with nothing less than a beautiful sound. I dj fulltime and had almost every mixer on the market in my hands during the last years... and the 96 beats or reaches them all.

Having Serato support on this would be the ultimate pair of hard- & software for me!
The Return of Dj Sparky 7:25 PM - 18 February, 2019
Quote:

Serato just need a good kick up the arse
ddj beryan 9:40 PM - 18 February, 2019
Serato should upgraded the customer/tech support staff as well.
John Calipari 10:04 PM - 18 February, 2019
No offense but as long as Serato is supported by InMusic Brands and especially Pioneer hardware, all other outlier gear is immaterial.
DJ JulioYEG 8:36 AM - 19 February, 2019
Quote:

AHAHAHHAAHHAHAHA
Bornd Fono 3:27 PM - 19 February, 2019
Quote:

Manners boys...

But I am really wondering what's going at Serato: Their community speaks a (relatively) clear voice when it comes to the things the users would like to be worked on and which (often) have been requested for several years now. And yet with every update they seem to try to dodge that "priority list". But what's most sad is their communication with their community. They claim to read a lot here in the forum, but the only time I see a post from a Serato guy is when people are flaming each other and they remind them to be nice to each other...
A simple & clear communication like "Listen up boys, Day Mode is not coming any time soon, cause of there is reason X for that.", "Guys, we would like to implement play count, but there is the fact XY that keeps us from doing it" etc. would free the moods in this forum of a lot of frustration imho.
John Calipari 6:37 PM - 19 February, 2019
SDJ has a Worldwide installed base into the Millions. And this thread has about 15 post from even fewer users, not all of which even agree on a consensus.

Fact of the matter is, SDJ users are happy by-in-large. If they weren't, there would be unique user activity logging into the Serato site by the thousands per day, this thread would be into the hundreds, and Traktor would have at least 1/3 global market share. There isn't, there isn't, and they don't.
AKIEM 7:13 PM - 19 February, 2019
Quote:
SDJ has a Worldwide installed base into the Millions. And this thread has about 15 post from even fewer users, not all of which even agree on a consensus.

Fact of the matter is, SDJ users are happy by-in-large. If they weren't, there would be unique user activity logging into the Serato site by the thousands per day, this thread would be into the hundreds, and Traktor would have at least 1/3 global market share. There isn't, there isn't, and they don't.

false. everytime someone is dissatisfied with a product they dont register on a website, search the topic and write a post. crazy.

the other side to that is ive had many conversation about these issues with DJs who agree there is a problem yet hardly know this forum exists.
Bornd Fono 7:28 PM - 19 February, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

false. everytime someone is dissatisfied with a product they dont register on a website, search the topic and write a post. crazy.

the other side to that is ive had many conversation about these issues with DJs who agree there is a problem yet hardly know this forum exists.

Thank you AKIEM. This is on point.
Bornd Fono 7:31 PM - 19 February, 2019
I would see the users in this forum as a cross section of the global Serato base. For every user with a request here, there are a lot of people out there who would like to see the same request implemented in further versions, but don't come up with the idea of getting active in this forum / don't even know it exists...
John Calipari 7:32 PM - 19 February, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

They log into Serato.com and get Customer Support. If if they are satisfied, they go into the forums and complain like 75% of the the activity nowadays.

And there is a hotlink to the Serato site on just about every damn window or page within Serato UI
AKIEM 7:55 PM - 19 February, 2019
Quote:
I would see the users in this forum as a cross section of the global Serato base. For every user with a request here, there are a lot of people out there who would like to see the same request implemented in further versions, but don't come up with the idea of getting active in this forum / don't even know it exists...

yup.
Gio Alex 8:03 PM - 19 February, 2019
Quote:
Their community speaks a (relatively) clear voice when it comes to the things the users would like to be worked on and which (often) have been requested for several years now. And yet with every update they seem to try to dodge that "priority list". But what's most sad is their communication with their community. They claim to read a lot here in the forum, but the only time I see a post from a Serato guy is when people are flaming each other and they remind them to be nice to each other...

What they do is check the list of things we've been asking for years, then charge for them individually. At least that's the way it looks from the outside. Features that competing DJ software have as standard too. smh lol
Bornd Fono 10:37 PM - 19 February, 2019
Serato DayMode Expansion? 40$

Serato PlayCount Expansion? 30$

Coming 2020 :D
Gio Alex 11:06 PM - 19 February, 2019
Basically
AKIEM 11:20 PM - 19 February, 2019
LOL
Vinül Junkie 12:23 AM - 20 February, 2019
You should know one thing: Its allways up to the company who Build a device. If A&H dont licens their new mixer- thats how it works. Serato only sell a license for a specific product to a company and make a support in their Software. Thats how it works.
DJ Tecniq 1:14 AM - 20 February, 2019
Seriously how the hell did Serato Itch get day mode but SDJ still doesn’t have it. What the hell happened to Serato itch anyway. Didn’t the Scratchlive developers build it?
Bornd Fono 1:18 AM - 20 February, 2019
Quote:
Its allways up to the company who Build a device. If A&H dont licens their new mixer- thats how it works.

How do you know that? What's your source for this information?
Gio Alex 1:31 AM - 20 February, 2019
Quote:
Seriously how the hell did Serato Itch get day mode but SDJ still doesn’t have it. What the hell happened to Serato itch anyway. Didn’t the Scratchlive developers build it?

I think itch was just the beginning of serato dj. Remember itch wasn’t on any Rane hardware. SSL was only on rane hardware. Itch was the first time you saw Serato on non rane hardware.
AKIEM 2:08 AM - 20 February, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

I think itch was just the beginning of serato dj. Remember itch wasn’t on any Rane hardware. SSL was only on rane hardware. Itch was the first time you saw Serato on non rane hardware.

hmmmm... you know what, I think you may be right about that....
( no wonder )
AKIEM 2:09 AM - 20 February, 2019
I feel tricked.
Gio Alex 2:15 AM - 20 February, 2019
Quote:
I feel tricked.

How come?
Gio Alex 2:25 AM - 20 February, 2019
I think SSL was a Rane/Serato partnership. Hence it having to be name something completely different when it became licensed to other hardware, presumably for legal reasons. I feel like the terms of the contract strictly had a thing between Scratchlive and Rane. This is just my guess. Not like they ever really explained this to us. But noticed as soon as it wasn’t called scratch live the flood gates were open. Then serato dj and it was basically opened to almost any dj company.
AKIEM 2:35 AM - 20 February, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
I feel tricked.

How come?

well when ITCH came out it was kinda toyish - the name was even a joke. But now here I am using it. I like my shit thorough, not the progeny of some joke, toy, lite mess.... but that also explains why DVS feels like the add on (well is actually) not the core like SSL. And I think also speaks to how Serato feels about DVS now, secondary.
Gio Alex 2:55 AM - 20 February, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I feel tricked.

How come?

well when ITCH came out it was kinda toyish - the name was even a joke. But now here I am using it. I like my shit thorough, not the progeny of some joke, toy, lite mess.... but that also explains why DVS feels like the add on (well is actually) not the core like SSL. And I think also speaks to how Serato feels about DVS now, secondary.

Well, if you think about how just to get someone on serato back in the day you needed at least 500 bucks for an SL1, Just to use SSL. And that’s excluding turntables/mixer and so on. Probably wasn’t a lot of money in that since most djs kept their SL1s or 57SL mixers for years. It also wasn’t inviting new djs who couldn’t afford that.

Now someone can pay 20-40 bucks or whatever they charge for serato play, and there’s plenty of money and margins there. Which is also probably why every little feature is nickeled and dimed. Think about how many Rane mixers and SL boxes had to be sold to really see some numbers. Now they can just sell the software and you can use whatever hardware you want, or no hardware at all now, apparently.
Gio Alex 2:55 AM - 20 February, 2019
So yeah I guess DVS will def feel and appear secondary when you factor the margins.
AKIEM 3:00 AM - 20 February, 2019
sure.
Im still annoyed.
at the way they implement shit as if no dvs users even test or the feedback is ignored.
Gio Alex 3:05 AM - 20 February, 2019
I feel like things are just the wild Wild West now in the dj world. On one hand the culture is bigger and more recognized, happy serato is making money. But on the other hand it devalues everything. Now you got the fly by night djs showing up with a busted laptop and an aux cable undercutting everyone. Everybody’s a dj now lol

In worse cases making more than pros cuz they bought instagram followers. What a mess! Lol
Comrade Tulayev 9:26 AM - 20 February, 2019
How dare everyone be a DJ! The cheek of it
Gio Alex 12:36 PM - 20 February, 2019
Quote:
How dare everyone be a DJ! The cheek of it

Is this Aptida? Lol
Comrade Tulayev 12:44 PM - 20 February, 2019
No, it's someone laughing at the precious bullshit here.
Gio Alex 12:51 PM - 20 February, 2019
Oh comedians... nothing wrong with everyone being a dj per se, that’s on them. But there is something wrong with big venues hiring crap djs on big nights. Hearing awful blends, transitions, trainwrecks, lots of distortion. One night a group of us went to a venue and everyone was outside because the dj was redlining so bad. The speakers were farting and ears were bleeding.

I suppose this is okay with you?
Comrade Tulayev 1:01 PM - 20 February, 2019
Dunno about the US, but in the UK, the whole ethos of the acid house/rave scene was DIY, like punk. Anyone can do it, fuck this elitist shit.
Gio Alex 1:08 PM - 20 February, 2019
What I mentioned wasn’t elitist lol, but I see the direction you’re going. For a sec I really thought we could have this convo, not blowing out sound systems isn’t elitist. I’m talking about established venues/clubs here not outlaw raves. There’s a place for everything.
Comrade Tulayev 1:16 PM - 20 February, 2019
I don't really give a shit about commercial clubs tbh
Dj John Bekk 7:34 PM - 20 February, 2019
Quote:
ibb.co

Yeah, poor show Serato
DJ Cutt 6:01 PM - 25 February, 2019
Ah ok, sry I didnt see this post... so I started another one. Will delete it
The Return of Dj Sparky 8:28 AM - 26 February, 2019
Quote:
Ah ok, sry I didnt see this post... so I started another one. Will delete it

No you won't
Gio Alex 1:10 PM - 26 February, 2019
Hahaha “delete” that’s cute. We can’t even edit.
YZ 10:23 PM - 26 February, 2019
Quote:
Oh comedians... nothing wrong with everyone being a dj per se, that’s on them. But there is something wrong with big venues hiring crap djs on big nights. Hearing awful blends, transitions, trainwrecks, lots of distortion.

Since circa-2004 every DJ to be created has been hard coded to suck... (in 99% of cases). Fax.
Bornd Fono 6:14 AM - 28 February, 2019
How the hell got this thread from "WTF Serato... no Xone 96 Clubkit support?!?" to this "you-are-a-wack-dj-if-you-didn't-learn-it-back-in-the-days" whining?
Gio Alex 3:42 PM - 28 February, 2019
Don’t you know this is every serato thread lol
Vinül Junkie 12:10 AM - 7 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Its allways up to the company who Build a device. If A&H dont licens their new mixer- thats how it works.

How do you know that? What's your source for this information?

1. Is it a logical thing ;-) or why do you thing get pioneer more and more products without sdj? They got their own licensed dj-software. Way more cheap and customers are fixed to their brand only
2. I worked in dj-equipment-business for a few years as an ambasador and sales promoter. I should know that for selling dj- hardware
Diiijay 2:58 AM - 7 March, 2019
Honestly I'm surprised. If there is one thing that worries the SeratoDJ development team is the compatibility with new hardware on the market. So much so that they do not correct previous software problems.
Caley Martin 8:27 PM - 7 March, 2019
Quote:
Honestly I'm surprised. If there is one thing that worries the SeratoDJ development team is the compatibility with new hardware on the market. So much so that they do not correct previous software problems.

Looks like they weren't so worried about the 96. LOL.
Bornd Fono 3:19 AM - 8 March, 2019
Let's see what the next patch brings. Now that TR-SYNC is done, they can concentrate on adding support for the 96... ;)
Diiijay 3:47 AM - 8 March, 2019
Quote:
Let's see what the next patch brings. Now that TR-SYNC is done, they can concentrate on adding support for the 96... ;)

=================================================================
I liked it! I will use from now on ... they are not new versions ... they are patches.
Bornd Fono 8:23 AM - 9 March, 2019
Quote:
Is it a logical thing

So you basically have no solid information and are just guessing. That's what I thought.

I think there are more factors which carry weight when it comes to the decision which controller gets club kit support than just money.
Rebelguy 7:13 PM - 9 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Is it a logical thing

So you basically have no solid information and are just guessing. That's what I thought.

I think there are more factors which carry weight when it comes to the decision which controller gets club kit support than just money.

There is solid factual information that there will be no 96 support. Serato staff has already stated they have no plans to make the unit compatible.
DJ JulioYEG 1:54 AM - 13 March, 2019
Quote:
I think there are more factors

2 words. Industry standard. Start a dj revolution and break the norm ahahaha.
Bornd Fono 1:34 PM - 13 March, 2019
Quote:
2 words. Industry standard. Start a dj revolution and break the norm ahahaha.

As I see things... this is exactly what's happening right now.
You can see ppl. raising their voices and ask for support for the 96 on almost all platforms on the web... and as already discussed in this thread: not everyone wishing clubkit support for the 96 is getting active and communicating this... the dark figure of ppl welcoming this (what would be the ultimate combination of hard- & software) will be very much higher.

Let's all hope that Serato listens to their community.
YZ 6:46 PM - 13 March, 2019
Quote:

How do you know this information? Who is your source at Serato?
Bornd Fono 8:48 PM - 22 April, 2019
I think that's just his view from his experiences with serato and how they are dealing with long-waited-on features / bug fixes - on which Serato does not seem to work.
Vinny Crates 10:12 PM - 15 July, 2019
Hi All

Serato 2.2 is out... support xone 96??

GreetZ
popnwave 10:55 PM - 15 July, 2019
nope
KC1 8:56 AM - 16 July, 2019
Quote:
Hi All

GreetZ

Wishful thinking ..
deejdave 11:51 PM - 16 July, 2019
Quote:
Hi All

GreetZ

Won't be happening.
roy rohypnol 12:50 AM - 17 July, 2019
Quote:
Hi All

GreetZ

If only my friend....
Bornd Fono 5:02 AM - 17 July, 2019
We can only hope for the next update...
KC1 10:28 AM - 3 March, 2020
Bump
KC1 9:03 PM - 4 March, 2020
Remember the DB2 and DB4 from Allen & Heath took 5 years. Keep on @serato for the Xone 96.
Bornd Fono 1:03 PM - 29 March, 2020
5 years is really heavy.
In today times the most digital devices are already mostly outdated after 5 years... ofc the situation with analoge gear like the 96 is not THAT heavy, since the mixer will keep us all happy for a long time I think... but still industry-wise? 5 years OMG!

So like the thread host said: WTF @Serato?
deejdave 2:15 PM - 29 March, 2020
Fair enough but let's put this into perspective. Should it be supported? Sure why not if only to make some great users happy. Did they sleep on anything or make a decision that did/will hurt them? Not a chance. I know this mixer exists............. that's about it.
Laz219 12:47 AM - 30 March, 2020
Was actually going to ask that Dave...
Originally poster was saying 'this mixer will be everywhere' .....so are people coming across these regularly?
I know Europe is a pretty big market for AH mixers...
deejdave 3:11 PM - 30 March, 2020
They are more frequent in Europe and I won't argue that but so is Traktor.............

Serato is and probably always will be US targeted and if we are being honest it is working for them. Throughout the years we have heard how "Serato will lose customers" and "Serato is falling behind" and "Serato needs to change its ways" then UserX who made such comments will go down a different path (which nobody even notices until years later when they come back) and Serato has exponentially expanded its hold on the market. They are not hurting and they don't hate money. On the contrary they are actually pretty good at deciding what is/isn't worth their resources. I would not try to insult anyone here by saying this would not be a great addition to the arsenal BUT I firmly believe at this point there is/are projects that would be more fruitful for the team and its community at large. A&H is still considered niche (relatively speaking) at best and until this changes I don't see them wasting (and yes that is the proper word here) resources. I prefer Pioneer but I am NOT a fanboy (I know ho fast people will use this as a defense) and furthermore fully admit that the Tour-1 was a waste of time and adding support to the new DJM-V10 would be the same.

Keep in mind opinions are cool and asking for support IS welcomed and I am in no way saying peeps (the more the merrier) shouldn't be asking for this daily even but just keep things and your expectations realistic. Serato DJ is the number one used SW for a reason and while Rekordbox user-base is growing (very slowly) they have a long ways to go before theya re even a blip on Serato's radar. Add things because it makes sense and would improve the workflow HERE not because RBDJ or NI does this. By this logic I should be able to use my cable box as a controller because it has USB and VDJ will support anything up to and including a toaster................
KC1 3:50 PM - 30 March, 2020
Ah the old Serato - "F**k Yeah!" America user base story.

media3.giphy.com
thumbs.gfycat.com

:/
Hanginon 1:36 AM - 31 March, 2020
I think a lot of people fail to see the tree through the forest.

People are always complaining about the sound quality of a particular piece of hardware on the Serato Forum.

People are always complaining about the incompatibility of a particular piece of hardware on the Serato Forum (like in this thread).

ALL THIS GOES AWAY if Serato would separate the LICENSE from the HARDWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There was a time when this risked piracy of the software - THOSE DAYS ARE LONG GONE!
KC1 6:38 AM - 31 March, 2020
Just allow sound cards FFS problems solved.
DJ JulioYEG 10:15 AM - 31 March, 2020
IDK how i would feel about Jim walkin in the club with his Behringer controller using Serato. Its a measure of quality control for the software i like it how it is. if you're concerned about cross software platform or compatibility buy something that is known for that like an s9 works on both Serato n rekordbox. and dont buy gear in hopes of it being supported
KC1 11:15 AM - 31 March, 2020
Quote:
IDK how i would feel about Jim walkin in the club with his Behringer controller using Serato. Its a measure of quality control for the software i like it how it is. if you're concerned about cross software platform or compatibility buy something that is known for that like an s9 works on both Serato n rekordbox. and dont buy gear in hopes of it being supported

That was a Stupid post.

- Comparing a Behringer to the Xone 96 is pitiful - Also the Xone 96 works on RekordBox as well as Traktor because guess what? Rekordbox don't block sound cards like Serato and guess what Jim still don't turn up to the Club rocking his Behringer on RekordBox either.
Bornd Fono 11:40 AM - 31 March, 2020
Quote:

I agree that this is REALLY stupid & also a quite shortsighted perspective.

What if Jim would turn up with his Behringer controller and slam the shit out of all the other DJs of that night, delivering an incredible set. Would you still say he should be somehow "sorted out" for his choice of equipment?

What is Jim loves his Behringer controller for the workflow he has on this thing but really hates the crappy build-in audio interface that he is forced to use for unlocking Serato. What if he owns a way better sounding interface (RMX Fireface, MOTU, etc.) for the producing he does at home and would love to keep his controller but route the audio through his interface like he basically could with every other DJ software. Would you still think it's a good thing & legit that he can't offer his audience a better sound experience?
popnwave 1:58 PM - 31 March, 2020
Quote:
Would you still think it's a good thing & legit that he can't offer his audience a better sound experience?

I understand you like that gear, but if you really think the experience is going to be THAT much better, you're getting into niche-gatekeeping-audiophile-my-gear-is-the-best-gear territory. Ain't no body got time for that.

If the installed base was great enough to make the soundcard an appealing option, I'm sure Serato and A&H would come together and do it.
KC1 2:26 PM - 31 March, 2020
Ain't no Audiophile DJ using Serato that is for sure.

I think the point was it don't matter what hardware you use if you are good.

Serato need to open up to other sound cards and cut the BS mindset that it will bring problems, problems are only Seratos if they officially support a specific sound card - so take the Pioneer/Rekordbox approach and UNofficially support the sound cards and then any problems don't get any official support.
deejdave 3:53 PM - 31 March, 2020
Quote:
Ain't no Audiophile DJ using Serato that is for sure.

I think the point was it don't matter what hardware you use if you are good.

Serato need to open up to other sound cards and cut the BS mindset that it will bring problems, problems are only Seratos if they officially support a specific sound card - so take the Pioneer/Rekordbox approach and UNofficially support the sound cards and then any problems don't get any official support.

This is NOT the Serato way and TBH they have mu full respect for that. And regardless of your geographical location or stance on this I will say they there just may be some other entity around here that agrees that the juice is not worth the squeeze. I could insert my victory gif here too but in all honesty I'm good. I am not bothered by this in the least just figured MAYBE some insight as to the why's would be helpful. But until then we will have to deal with these hoards of people who are upset about this................ I mean they ARE coming right;)

BTW I would be worried about the resources "JIM" is going to eat up when his sub par controller with sub par laptop (I mean let's be honest these things go hand in hand) and now it is Serato's obligation to get this guy up and going?

ANYWAYS like I said from the start I am all FOR this and hope it DOES happen but perhaps it is just easier for you guys to not see ANY reasoning behind this. I mean A&H's VERY unprofessional post sure does not paint a great picture but there is always more to every story and again there is probably a very real reason/s that this is NOT happening unless you truly think Serato does not like money?
KC1 7:48 PM - 31 March, 2020
Quote:

This is NOT the Serato way and TBH they have mu full respect for that. And regardless of your geographical location or stance on this I will say they there just may be some other entity around here that agrees that the juice is not worth the squeeze. I could insert my victory gif here too but in all honesty I'm good. I am not bothered by this in the least just figured MAYBE some insight as to the why's would be helpful. But until then we will have to deal with these hoards of people who are upset about this................ I mean they ARE coming right;)

BTW I would be worried about the resources "JIM" is going to eat up when his sub par controller with sub par laptop (I mean let's be honest these things go hand in hand) and now it is Serato's obligation to get this guy up and going?

ANYWAYS like I said from the start I am all FOR this and hope it DOES happen but perhaps it is just easier for you guys to not see ANY reasoning behind this. I mean A&H's VERY unprofessional post sure does not paint a great picture but there is always more to every story and again there is probably a very real reason/s that this is NOT happening unless you truly think Serato does not like money?

Oh bor-The-feckOff-dude - what's with the long boring stories each reply .. It's clear all you want to do is W.U.M.

You're not bothered about this thread or A&H - yet you keep posting.

Who cares about Jim or stupid make believe scenarios.

Most people I know around the club scene look at Serato DJ's just like you look at this make believe Jim.

SeratoUSA look after their own and most of their own are scratch hip hop USA DJ's - That's why most the U.K and Europe don't care for Serato as most DJ's here are EDM/House/Techno and Serato don't cater for them .. That's the Traktor and Rekordbox / Pioneer stand alone crowd.

So all that aside and even the Xone 96 aside - The problem is serato and sound cards. But serato ain't gonna open up to all sound cards because they're greedy - It's not because of forum support needed for unofficial sound cards or because of Behringer users named Jim!
deejdave 10:23 PM - 31 March, 2020
Ok
deejdave 10:34 PM - 31 March, 2020
I mean obviously most of what you are saying is laughable at best but I have to know what is W.U.M?
I have long responses because I am here in NY dealing with MUCH bigger issues than dealing with the unreasonable BTW...............
Bornd Fono 10:46 PM - 31 March, 2020
Quote:
I mean A&H's VERY unprofessional post

What are you referring to here?
deejdave 10:46 PM - 31 March, 2020
Also out of fairness I will disclaim I DO agree with you they should open sound card support and I was simply stating a FACTUAL by product that would come out of it.
deejdave 10:48 PM - 31 March, 2020
ibb.co

Putting Serato on blast is a little out of line Just not something they would do is all. They were actually very calm and collected in how they handled it when it happened BTW....
Bornd Fono 10:54 PM - 31 March, 2020
I don't think it was unprofessional how Alexander described the situation. Why would it be?
He didn't throw any dirt in the direction of Serato... just stated how things are.
DJ JulioYEG 11:08 PM - 31 March, 2020
Quote:
Comparing a Behringer to the Xone 96 is pitiful

never mentioned the xone 96 in my post retract ur statement. That was ur assumption.
deejdave 11:09 PM - 31 March, 2020
yah maybe. I think it would have been better to just say "we didn't come up with an agreement" but his point was to take the heat off of A&H is all..... I am not saying it was like a blast or anything just unprofessional. These things are generally best kept in house.
KC1 11:31 AM - 1 April, 2020
Quote:
Quote:
Comparing a Behringer to the Xone 96 is pitiful

never mentioned the xone 96 in my post retract ur statement. That was ur assumption.

You posted some make believe scenario in a XONE 96 thread about Jim and a Behringer and how you don't want serato to offer support for 3rd party sound cards.

If that's not comparing Jim and his Behringer to this thread and the talk of sound cards then I don't know what is dude.

Quote:
I have to know what is W.U.M?

W.U.M. = Wind Up Merchant. www.google.com.

Quote:

I have long responses because I am here in NY dealing with MUCH bigger issues than dealing with the unreasonable BTW...............

USA again dude like this pandemic don't effect UK and Europe or the rest of the world. I get it you're a proud American Serato user.

All I am here to do is try to promote a better software for all DJs. It just baffles me that after all these years serato still has the sound card situation on lockdown and if they want to grow outside the USA market then they need to start considering a change.
deejdave 1:15 PM - 1 April, 2020
YAh and I agree with you. I just see no reason in turning this into an anti American campaign where we scratch DJ's (which I have never done BTW) are catered to with the rest of the world being forgotten. I firmly believe it is a numbers game and it is that simple. I have news for you. In discussing back and forth with Serato they were able to tell ME what devices I used and how often on my setups. Not the other way around and the numbers for A&H use thus far are staggering low........... this is known so from there I would have to assume the entire things looks like a reach. Just my guess though. Maybe I'm thinking it too far I don't know. I am juts voicing how it looks from my neck of the woods and just because we disagree on ONE thing does not make me wrong or you wrong. Just a stupid question to play devil's advocate but who says they want to grow outside of US market anyways? I mean Let's be honest they dominate here yes but it's not like they are nowhere to be found elsewhere. Anyways I didn't mean any offense and I would NEVER tell someone what to do or how to spend their time. I have just been around these forums a long time. I have some relationships with some at team Serato. I am not privy to uber secret under the table decisions and such obviously but I do know their philosophies and ways of thinking. They a.) won't do this without a solid partnership and b.) won't do it unless there is demand for it. These are the facts and I promise you one thing. If this thread starts firing up (with more people for it than against it LOL) we may have a chance.

Wording also helps. I am also ALL FOR the idea of open sound cards as well as FULL MIDI mapping (platters and all) but I am not going to sit here and sign a post that says "Serato WTF?" It's just NOT how I do things is all................... and BTW I am in NY not just the USA. Check the numbers bud we have it worse than anyone to date. You probably have no idea what I am going through so please let's just take it down a notch. Again I agree with you so there should be no problem. Have a good day bud.
KC1 1:25 PM - 1 April, 2020
You again are comparing USA though to everyone and making it a numbers' thing, so I really cannot take you serious - sorry and no offence.

Stay well and have a good day to, bud.
Laz219 2:28 PM - 1 April, 2020
Honestly,
It seems more like a chicken and egg situation anyway.

It's long been said (word of mouth anyway) that Serato has the US market and NI has the euro market, because of the generalisation of the US being scratch/hip hop DJs and Europe being more electronic.
So when it's also a thing that A&H are common in club installs in Europe, but almost never in the US.

So if you combine that, a user of a software more prevelent in that market, finds installed gear that is also prevelent in that same market.

And yes. I'm quite aware that neither software is inherently market specific, but lines have been drawn by users (until pioneer kill Traktor anyway, because NI don't seem to care about it)
Hanginon 5:38 PM - 1 April, 2020
Hardware is just a tool. Software is just a tool. Great DJ's are great DJ's, and probably don't care about this stuff unless they're being back door promo'd.

My purpose of bringing up the sound card/license issue was because, rather than have people constantly taking about a "specific" hardware problem, IMHO the best solution for all is changing the licensing.

Do you know how much time and energy on this Forum is wasted complaining about the sound of Pioneer controller's?? Absolutely ridiculous!

Think Globally.
KC1 6:33 PM - 1 April, 2020
Think globally, before other software that does (within its own eco-system)- gains' momentum!

Also, before passing any judgement on the Xone 96 I urge should the chance be made you actually give it a go and only then give a true opinion threads like this because bar Pioneer V10 (still waiting to see it head to head though) at Pro level pricing nothing compares to the Xone 96 for sound other than the PlayDifferently MODEL1 which is also made by Allen & Heath and costs even more than the Pioneer V10.

DJing has evolved and many DJs now want the ability to scope and play with the sound on a pro level and right now the options are limited with Serato till the likes of A&H are let in by Serato or till Serato open up the sound card lockdown.