Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

PA Speakers but no sound. Using DDJ SB3 and a 2017 Macbook air w/ Serato Lite

Patrick_E 11:27 PM - 5 February, 2019
I recently bought some 15" dual PA speakers from Amazon.com and I tried connecting it to my DDJ SB3 Controller using RCA to RCA cables but cannot find out why there is no sound. My controller connects to my desktop speakers perfectly fine when using RCA to RCA, but when I connect to the PA speakers I get no sound. Does anyone know if this is a cable issue or if my computer output setting are wrong? Should I use dual RCA to dual male XLR cables? Or could it just be the PA speakers not working? Thanks!
DJ Tecniq 4:07 AM - 6 February, 2019
Check your sound setting on Mac make sure the audio device is set as the sb3 controller.
DJ Tecniq 4:08 AM - 6 February, 2019
Which speakers did you buy?
Patrick_E 4:51 AM - 6 February, 2019
Quote:

I bought the Rockville RPG15 Dual PA speakers.
DJ Tecniq 4:56 AM - 6 February, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Gotcha make sure the settings on the back of the speaker are correct. There’s a button for aux/line if I’m not mistaken and make sure the levels are turned up for the master on the speakers.
Patrick_E 5:18 AM - 6 February, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Gotcha make sure the settings on the back of the speaker are correct. There’s a button for aux/line if I’m not mistaken and make sure the levels are turned up for the master on the speakers.

Thank you for all you help. I’m not sure if I can locate an aux/ button but if I find it I’ll update the post. I went to guitar center and the guy there told me to buy some dual RCA’s to dual male XLR’s.. but I’m not certain if that would do the trick. I’ll keep you posted. Thanks again!
DJ Tecniq 5:22 AM - 6 February, 2019
Did you check your sound settings on Mac? Make sure the audio output is set on the sb3.
DJ Tecniq 5:32 AM - 6 February, 2019
Are both speakers not working?
Patrick_E 5:54 AM - 6 February, 2019
Quote:
Did you check your sound settings on Mac? Make sure the audio output is set on the sb3.

Yea the Mac is connected to the SB3 controller in the sound system preferences. And I tried both speakers and none of them are working.

I’m not sure if it might be the USB cable, RCA to RCA cables, or just the speakers.. but my controller works fine with other desktop speakers and even works through the headphone jack.
DJ Tecniq 7:07 AM - 6 February, 2019
Quote:
but my controller works fine with other desktop speakers and even works through the headphone jack.
I have an idea. If you have a rca to aux cord plug the RCA’s into your speaker and the aux/3.5 mm jack to your phone. This will test out the speaker. Rockville is not a very popular brand and is known as “cheap speakers” hope you get it figured out.
DJ Tecniq 7:10 AM - 6 February, 2019
Can you post the link of which kind of cables you’re using? The sb3 has just a master RCA output. So any rca cables, rca to 1/4 or rca to xlr should work just fine. Make sure the gain levels on the controller are up as well as master level on the controller it’s a noob mistake most make. Make sure the Serato decks are in “internal” mode
DJ Tecniq 7:22 AM - 6 February, 2019
If you are using Mojave make sure you check out this article as audio issues can occur if you don’t allow microphone access. Hope it helps
support.serato.com
Patrick_E 7:45 AM - 6 February, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
but my controller works fine with other desktop speakers and even works through the headphone jack.
I have an idea. If you have a rca to aux cord plug the RCA’s into your speaker and the aux/3.5 mm jack to your phone. This will test out the speaker. Rockville is not a very popular brand and is known as “cheap speakers” hope you get it figured out.

Quote:
Can you post the link of which kind of cables you’re using? The sb3 has just a master RCA output. So any rca cables, rca to 1/4 or rca to xlr should work just fine. Make sure the gain levels on the controller are up as well as master level on the controller it’s a noob mistake most make. Make sure the Serato decks are in “internal” mode

www.amazon.com

I plugged in a friends RCA to 3.5mm jack to the back of my speakers and connected it to my iphone.. both speakers still didn’t work. I then plugged that same cable into my desktop speakers and it worked... u mentioned that my serato decks have to be in “internal” mode? How do I go about doing that because it’s starting to seem to me that the speakers might be defective.

I also contacted Rockville tech support and they said that it might be my computer output that’s not assigned to my controller.. I told them it was and they said it might be my RCA cables (even though I told them it was brand new).

I even went on Pioneerdj.com and downloaded the recent firmware and restarted my computer.. still nothing..
Patrick_E 7:56 AM - 6 February, 2019
The only thing I didn’t try was the dual RCA cables to dual Male XLR cables. I really hope that might be the problem but I doubt it... Other people have these speakers and use RCA cables similar to mines to connect... I don’t think it’s my laptop for it’s a brand new laptop that was purchased last month. Plus I already been using my laptop to mix songs in serato lite with other speakers using the same settings...

It’s been super frustrating to just “try” these PA speakers.... I never even had a chance to listen to a song on these speakers and it’s sad because they are really nice looking and brand new.

Im gonna call Rockville once more tomorrow and see what they have to say.. if there is no solution I’m gonna have to return em..
DJ Tecniq 8:04 AM - 6 February, 2019
Quote:
The only thing I didn’t try was the dual RCA cables to dual Male XLR cables. I really hope that might be the problem but I doubt it... Other people have these speakers and use RCA cables similar to mines to connect... I don’t think it’s my laptop for it’s a brand new laptop that was purchased last month. Plus I already been using my laptop to mix songs in serato lite with other speakers using the same settings...

It’s been super frustrating to just “try” these PA speakers.... I never even had a chance to listen to a song on these speakers and it’s sad because they are really nice looking and brand new.

Im gonna call Rockville once more tomorrow and see what they have to say.. if there is no solution I’m gonna have to return em..
Damn bro I’m really sorry. I actually purchased the Rockville RPG12BT it’s the blue one which has Bluetooth but the sent me the wrong damn speaker. I shipped it back at their cost and they sent my original speaker I wanted. Tested everything and it worked. If you tried the cable and both speakers didn’t work it’s likely they are defective or something. I highly suggest trying a diff PA speaker...anything just to test it’s not your controller. Try messing with all the knobs on the back of the speaker. Rockville = Audiosavings.com they are the same company. They are usually pretty good with customer service. However i must validate that their speakers are not very powerful nor do they carry a lot of low end bass. I only bought one for wedding ceremonies plus it has Bluetooth. They are cheap there’s better speakers in that price range.
Patrick_E 3:16 PM - 6 February, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Damn bro I’m really sorry. I actually purchased the Rockville RPG12BT it’s the blue one which has Bluetooth but the sent me the wrong damn speaker. I shipped it back at their cost and they sent my original speaker I wanted. Tested everything and it worked. If you tried the cable and both speakers didn’t work it’s likely they are defective or something. I highly suggest trying a diff PA speaker...anything just to test it’s not your controller. Try messing with all the knobs on the back of the speaker. Rockville = Audiosavings.com they are the same company. They are usually pretty good with customer service. However i must validate that their speakers are not very powerful nor do they carry a lot of low end bass. I only bought one for wedding ceremonies plus it has Bluetooth. They are cheap there’s better speakers in that price range.

Thanks for the advice. I tried messing with all the knobs on my controller and on the speaker but still got nothing. I even plugged it in to my tv just to see if that would work.. still nothing. I tried multiple iphones and I couldn’t get a single sound.. I’m gonna bring my laptop into the apple store and see if it’s the system preferences. If that still don’t work then I’m gonna return the item. This sucks.
DJ JulioYEG 3:34 AM - 8 February, 2019
did u get the powered version lol?
DJ JulioYEG 3:36 AM - 8 February, 2019
for cheap speakers id go for some behringers. but tbh id go to ur local dj store and pick up some used evs, jbls or yorkies