Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Ddj 1000 & serato

akispdj 10:54 AM - 5 February, 2019
I have ddj 1000 pioneer. Can I connect with serato .in the future connection.? Unofficial mapping ?because I pay serato and is my main program at my club .
WildcardX 1:59 PM - 5 February, 2019
Unless yo find and unofficial mapping, this controller is for Rekordbox DJ and that's it. Serato has nothing to do with it.
akispdj 6:09 PM - 5 February, 2019
sorry for my question . sorry serato
DJ Tecniq 9:18 PM - 5 February, 2019
No. You are stuck with Rekordbox. The DDJ 1000 is not a Serato hardware device.
Despo 10:04 PM - 5 February, 2019
People will ask for this forever
pdidy 2:05 AM - 6 February, 2019
Quote:
I have ddj 1000 pioneer. Can I connect with serato .in the future connection.? Unofficial mapping ?because I pay serato and is my main program at my club .

Most of us have decided not to by it until it supports Serato.
DJ/VJ Graham 7:38 PM - 6 February, 2019
I just tried mine with my virtusl dj and its pretty tight. Sll the rekordbox issues I was having are non existent in virtual dj. It works pretty well. I still use scrstch live with my 1200s, serato dj with my ddj sx2 but I will no longer use rekordbox on my ddj 1000....... I will use virtual dj with that instead.
DJ Nin 8:10 PM - 6 February, 2019
I get that Pioneer wants to dominate the DJ world and become a monopoly, but Rekordbox isn't gonna take off. Face the music Pio. They need to release a Serato version of this controller. It would be the best selling controller ever. I won't be purchasing another Pioneer controller until they do.
popnwave 8:46 PM - 6 February, 2019
I played around with a friend's DDJ-1000 in VDJ as well, and I was impressed.
Johnnynights 12:28 AM - 7 February, 2019
Quote:
I get that Pioneer wants to dominate the DJ world and become a monopoly, but Rekordbox isn't gonna take off. Face the music Pio. They need to release a Serato version of this controller. It would be the best selling controller ever. I won't be purchasing another Pioneer controller until they do.

Yeah they need to release it for serato..same here wont be getting any other pioneer controller until they make one for us serato users.
Just Mike 1:09 AM - 7 February, 2019
Quote:

+1
It literally is the best feeling controller on the market but Rekord Box sucks!!! For that reason, I do not use it in public.
YOGIRLY 5:29 PM - 1 March, 2019
So this cannot be used even with a Serato box?
popnwave 5:47 PM - 1 March, 2019
Quote:
So this cannot be used even with a Serato box?

Kinda pointless, you wouldn't have any of the controls available.
Dj KoolBreeze 10:06 PM - 1 March, 2019
serato is slowly getting there, only a matter of time till they open the app to any software
Rad-I-Nation 3:15 AM - 23 April, 2019
That is why I'm not getting anything pioneer until it works with serto and rekordbox. Pioneer needs to look at what Denon has done with the prime series.
DJ JulioYEG 4:59 AM - 23 April, 2019
Quote:
serato is slowly getting there, only a matter of time till they open the app to any software

never gonna happen lol
DJ JulioYEG 5:01 AM - 23 April, 2019
Quote:
That is why I'm not getting anything pioneer until it works with serto and rekordbox. Pioneer needs to look at what Denon has done with the prime series.

lol u mean the way denon took everything a cdj does added a s9 onto the bottom of the player and copied the 900 mixer? smh
Rad-I-Nation 5:11 PM - 23 April, 2019
It is going to get to the point all companies will have the same basic layout. There are similarities between them Denon and Pionner mixer yet they are also very different. With Denon you can use Serato, Engine (Denon stand alone software) and VDJ. Also in stand alone it supports SoundSwitch.
Rad-I-Nation 5:15 PM - 23 April, 2019
People are quick to say serato is the apple of the DJ industry. I dont feel like that. I feel (trying to be nice) Pioneer is the apple of DJ. If I want to use Serato I have to to buy serto version of controller. If I want to use Rekordbox I have use that type of controller.

Me point I was trying to make is Denon is smart by making there stand alone units compatible with Serato.
dj_soo 8:46 PM - 23 April, 2019
Serato is sort of in between Apple and android. It’s a closed system like Apple, but supports and partners with multiple hardware manufacturers - each withtheir own customizations like android
Rad-I-Nation 9:06 PM - 23 April, 2019
Quote:
Serato is sort of in between Apple and android. It’s a closed system like Apple, but supports and partners with multiple hardware manufacturers - each withtheir own customizations like android

I think it is the best way I've heard someone describe it.
dj_spark 4:07 PM - 18 May, 2019
Quote:

Unofficial ? Yes, I've got this : youtu.be
Rebelguy 7:07 PM - 18 May, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Unofficial ? Yes, I've got this : youtu.be

So how is it done?
dj_spark 10:50 PM - 18 May, 2019
Channel 1&2 send midi to Serato (internal).
Channel 3&4 get audio from the Serato box.
The xml file transpose midi data into Serato commands.
Despo 11:09 PM - 18 May, 2019
are the jogwheels tight enough? 30 bucks seems really steep for a mapping
Rebelguy 1:06 AM - 19 May, 2019
Quote:
Channel 1&2 send midi to Serato (internal).
Channel 3&4 get audio from the Serato box.
The xml file transpose midi data into Serato commands.

Where do you go to purchase the mapping?
dj_spark 1:23 PM - 19 May, 2019
Quote:
are the jogwheels tight enough? 30 bucks seems really steep for a mapping

How do you like it ? youtu.be

30 bucks that pay for the hosting : sellfy.com also for 30 hours spent on the coding and debugging, 4000 lines of xml codes (1000 done 100% by hands), a day for filming/editing.

To be honest, I didn't even want to do that mapping : I gave all the keys for doing it 1 year ago but people was still asking me to do it for them so here it is.

Quote:
Where do you go to purchase the mapping?

I have made a page for this : sellfy.com
Despo 4:14 PM - 20 May, 2019
Just tried the old mapping for the jogwheels. While it works decent for mixing, scratching is not as tight as on rekordbox
dj_spark 8:16 PM - 20 May, 2019
Agree, that's why I wasn't sold on this last year.
What firmware version do you have ? I think there has been an improvement on that side since 1.05
DjLaZaRuSrOcKs 5:10 AM - 22 May, 2019
Is this mapping stable enough to use at a live club gig for 6 hours straight? Has it been tested for long gigs?
dj_spark 7:05 AM - 22 May, 2019
Nope, I did 2hours myself that's all.
On a side note, it's not the mapping that will fail, (a mapping work or not) it's the handler (ie Serato).

I do have numerous issue with Serato and my DJM-T1 in the past where midi suddenly stops, happened with my Numark NS6 too, also happened with my V7, so I won't put my hand there for Serato.
DjLaZaRuSrOcKs 7:14 AM - 22 May, 2019
Thanks for the quick response. True, it is the software handler that would fail. Serato has been mostly stable for me, but did freeze/crash last weekend.
I might want to experiment with your midi effort with the DDJ-1000. I'll think about getting it. Cheers, L
dj_spark 7:47 PM - 23 May, 2019
You're welcome.
vboyd666 8:50 PM - 29 May, 2019
Nice work DJ Spark.
dj_spark 9:48 AM - 31 May, 2019
Thank you.
Africansoundboy 11:51 PM - 13 July, 2019
I fully agree. Pioneer should open up the DDJ 1000 to Serato, trust me, the amout of units you'll sell will be insane, it'll offset the revenue lost in the sell and or promotion of RB. Let RB prove itself out in the industry and people will drift to it due to its performance, reliability and whatever options it offers that'll outweigh other software in the industry. They shouldn't arm twist and ''blackmail'' people into using RB by limiting the hardware capabilities. Tbh, this is one controller i'll buy in a huff if Serato was enabled, I love it, the mechanical jog wheels, its feel, weight etc.
Clubber1970 1:15 AM - 14 July, 2019
Quote:
I fully agree. Pioneer should open up the DDJ 1000 to Serato, trust me, the amout of units you'll sell will be insane, it'll offset the revenue lost in the sell and or promotion of RB. Let RB prove itself out in the industry and people will drift to it due to its performance, reliability and whatever options it offers that'll outweigh other software in the industry. They shouldn't arm twist and ''blackmail'' people into using RB by limiting the hardware capabilities. Tbh, this is one controller i'll buy in a huff if Serato was enabled, I love it, the mechanical jog wheels, its feel, weight etc.

This will never gonna happen.
The DDJ1000 is now and in the future a RB only device, as well as the DDJ 700, XDJ1000MK2, DDJ-XP1 etc.
I don‘t know why the people believe it will be opened for other in their perspective 3rd party software like Serato or Traktor.
Why they should pay a license fee for other Software if they have an own good piece of Software?

If you are focused on Serato than you have to buy Serato supported devices and they support a LOT of devices!!!
dj_spark 7:09 AM - 14 July, 2019
Quote:

I was so convinced with the controller, I switched in a heartbeat. No regrets.
Sometimes you gotta do what you need to do ! ^^
Despo 3:11 PM - 14 July, 2019
It's understandable why they do it but inconvenient for everyone using serato
david07 4:09 PM - 14 July, 2019
ddj1000 is for rekordbox, do not waste time on this, never give support for serato has already spent micho time
deejdave 11:12 PM - 15 July, 2019
There is ONE simple fact. Serato no longer has the best controller on the market............
DJ Tecniq 11:30 PM - 15 July, 2019
Quote:
There is ONE simple fact. Serato no longer has the best controller on the market............
True words. End of thread!
Just Mike 11:37 PM - 15 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
True words. End of thread!

Agreed!!!
DjLaZaRuSrOcKs 6:57 AM - 16 July, 2019
I bought a DDJ-1000 about 9 months ago, I was hoping to switch to Rekordbox. However, I dj mostly with videos and the video features of Rekordbox are weak. So I stayed with Serato, but because of Mixemergency. Not because of any features Serato offered.
I just sold my DDJ-1000 as I could not wait any longer for Rekorbox to get their shit together.
So, if Pioneer released a similar controller. I'd buy it immediately. It really was the best controller I ever used.
DJ Marv the Maverick 11:15 AM - 16 July, 2019
Quote:

Denon Prime 4: Hold My 🍺
SG SOUNDS 4:19 PM - 16 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Roland dj808 Hold mines first 🍺
deejdave 10:40 PM - 16 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Hey to each his own I suppose.
deejdave 10:47 PM - 16 July, 2019
Both great controllers though.
dj_spark 7:58 PM - 17 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I can agree that the Prime 4 is a better controller... even if it's not a controller but a media player BUT, Roland DJ808 better than a DDJ-1000, really ???

Probably for your application with your eyes, but the 1000 has so many features over the 808 that it isn't a fair comparison for both of them.
dj_soo 8:52 PM - 17 July, 2019
808 has a ton of features the 1000 doesn’t have also. They’re just different controllers.

I prefer some things on the 1000 (platters and crossfader) and others on the 808 (drum machine/sequencer, sound quality, serato support).
deejdave 12:16 AM - 18 July, 2019
808 has a ton of features if you are into that sort of thing and there is nothing wrong with that. The 1000 takes the essential parts of a performance controller as well as a true club setup and places it into an affordable and effective package. As you said they are just different controllers.

Only thing is I have never seen as much activity regarding a non serato device on these forums and furthermore it commands more attention than the 808. Maybe not as much as the Prime 4 ATM but this is to be expected as the Prime 4 just came out.
SG SOUNDS 3:29 AM - 18 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I can agree that the Prime 4 is a better controller... even if it's not a controller but a media player BUT, Roland DJ808 better than a DDJ-1000, really ??

Probably for your application with your eyes, but the 1000 has so many features over the 808 that it isn't a fair comparison for both of them.

There is no feature for me on the 1000 that can top the superior sound quality of the dj808, that's how good it sounds period.
DJ Tecniq 4:15 AM - 18 July, 2019
So I’m curious is the DDJ 1000 basically the same soundcard & preamp as the SX3? You would think as their top flagship RB controller they’d improve the sound quality right? Or is it the same flat muddy sound like most their stuff...however the output on my DJM S9 sounds pretty clean.
DjLaZaRuSrOcKs 5:58 AM - 18 July, 2019
This seems to be the DAC in the DDJ-1000
www.akm.com
Just Mike 12:25 PM - 18 July, 2019
Quote:
This seems to be the DAC in the DDJ-1000
www.akm.com

DJLaZaRuS,, the specs. on Pioneer's website is the same for both units. The soundcard you posted is 32 bit. I wish the 1000 did have that in it!
DjLaZaRuSrOcKs 1:41 PM - 18 July, 2019
It's easy for the specs to be the same among controllers, but use different quality DAC's. Also features of the DAC may not be used in the unit. Most DAC's are designed for multiple uses.
I got this DAC info from a DDJ-1000 owner who opened up their unit to see what DAC was being used.
Just Mike 2:02 PM - 18 July, 2019
Quote:
It's easy for the specs to be the same among controllers, but use different quality DAC's. Also features of the DAC may not be used in the unit. Most DAC's are designed for multiple uses.
I got this DAC info from a DDJ-1000 owner who opened up their unit to see what DAC was being used.

Quote:

No argument from me. To me, it does sound better that the SX3. Thanks for the info.
DJ Tecniq 4:32 AM - 22 July, 2019
Not my pictures and I don’t know if this is legit or not...if this is the case why does it say “SRT”?
imgur.com
DjLaZaRuSrOcKs 4:35 AM - 22 July, 2019
I hope that is real Tecniq. Pioneer will sell them by the truck load. I'll be first in line.
DJ Tecniq 4:39 AM - 22 July, 2019
Quote:
I hope that is real Tecniq. Pioneer will sell them by the truck load. I'll be first in line.
Wish I knew but this is floating around. And i thought SRT meant 4-ch mixer. While the 1000 is a 4 ch unit it’s still a controller. It would be smart of Pioneer to open it up to Serato but I’m skeptical about the authenticity of the photo.
DjLaZaRuSrOcKs 4:48 AM - 22 July, 2019
We'll find out in 3 weeks. fingers crossed.
Clubber1970 7:56 AM - 22 July, 2019
Well I don‘t see any Rekordbox logo above the right jog wheel as it is normal. And i guess there is a big Serato logo on the left side of the front panel.
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:58 AM - 22 July, 2019
Quote:
We'll find out in 3 weeks. fingers crossed.

Why 3 weeks?
DjLaZaRuSrOcKs 8:11 AM - 22 July, 2019
3 weeks is when its meant to be announced. Aug 11 was specifically mentioned in another thread.
dj_soo 9:29 AM - 22 July, 2019
there's pic of the box for the unti floating around and it has Serato emblazoned all over it.

I think this is finally happening.
Johnnynights 2:53 PM - 22 July, 2019
Quote:
Not my pictures and I don’t know if this is legit or not...if this is the case why does it say “SRT”?
imgur.com

This is awesome hope is true...let me steal the pic from you so I can post it on my ig lol.
DJ Tecniq 3:47 PM - 22 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
imgur.com

This is awesome hope is true...let me steal the pic from you so I can post it on my ig lol.
Go ahead bro if you search pioneer1000srt tag on Instagram you’ll find it
DJ Tecniq 3:54 PM - 22 July, 2019
Imo the box itself just looks plain you’d think they’d put “Serato DJ Pro” all over it.
Clubber1970 4:06 PM - 22 July, 2019
But the device itself looks slightly different than the original. No Rekordbox logo. Different faders. A Serato logo at the front panel.
Clubber1970 4:08 PM - 22 July, 2019
I think this would be my next controller after some good reviews after release. I need a new controller for mobile gigs.
DJ Tecniq 4:12 PM - 22 July, 2019
I would have to see what the sound quality sounds like on this unit that’s if it is being released for Serato.
Clubber1970 4:21 PM - 22 July, 2019
Yes, this is very important for me, too. I will wait for feedback of the community. I will be definitly no early adopter.
Despo 4:47 PM - 22 July, 2019
Oh shit time to sell my 1000
DJMIYAGI 6:19 PM - 22 July, 2019
Quote:
And i thought SRT meant 4-ch mixer. While the 1000 is a 4 ch unit it’s still a controller. It would be smart of Pioneer to open it up to Serato but I’m skeptical about the authenticity of the photo.

SeRaTo = SRT
DJ Tecniq 6:21 PM - 22 July, 2019
Quote:
SeRaTo = SRT
I get that but I don’t recall any Serato controllers with description of SRT. This shall be the first I guess.
DJMIYAGI 6:27 PM - 22 July, 2019
serato.com

Not a controller but you get the idea
DJ Tecniq 6:40 PM - 22 July, 2019
I’m hoping the DDJ800 will be a SRT model soon as well. Guess we wait till August🙏🏼
DJ Tecniq 6:55 PM - 22 July, 2019
If some of you buy the 1000 SRT model and you’re not satisfied with the sound quality will you return it? Curious
Djkom 7:37 PM - 22 July, 2019
Quote:
Guess we wait till August🙏🏼

If this product real, not necessary...
Pioneer used to launch their new product communication many days before tradeshows !
Because of these leaks they will be more in a hurry...I can see official announcement at worst the beginning of the next week 😉
SG SOUNDS 7:45 PM - 22 July, 2019
Quote:
I would have to see what the sound quality sounds like on this unit that’s if it is being released for Serato.

Most likely the same shitty sound card, all pioneer cares about is robing peoples money
SG SOUNDS 7:47 PM - 22 July, 2019
Quote:
If some of you buy the 1000 SRT model and you’re not satisfied with the sound quality will you return it? Curious

i gurantee it wont sound better than the Roland or the Denon Controllers
DJ Tecniq 7:56 PM - 22 July, 2019
Quote:
Most likely the same shitty sound card, all pioneer cares about is robing peoples money
I think you’re right however my DJM S9 sounds pretty robust compared to their controllers but i think that most mixers sound better then controllers anyways.
SG SOUNDS 9:11 PM - 22 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
I think you’re right however my DJM S9 sounds pretty robust compared to their controllers but i think that most mixers sound better then controllers anyways.

I'm referring to the Controllers not the mixer, the S9 sounds good
Just Mike 2:05 AM - 23 July, 2019
Quote:
imgur.com

Oh Crap, gotta take this SX3 back before 30 day return
policy!!!!!
Just Mike 2:08 AM - 23 July, 2019
Quote:
Oh shit time to sell my 1000

Ditto!!!
DJ Tecniq 2:58 AM - 23 July, 2019
I’m hearing pre order date of Aug 8th I may be wrong but that is the rumor floating around. Guess no official release date?
dj_spark 5:28 AM - 23 July, 2019
Too many factors in, it is smelling good, for me not a fake.
Heard 12th of August for release.
Bob Rokk 1:34 PM - 24 July, 2019
I've stopped any decision..
I'm a vinyl freak but I'd wish to buy something 'only digital': XDJ-RX2? DDJ1000? wait X/CDJ 3000?
I were very close to get Rane promo (12+72+12 free)..but, right or not, my trust in Pioneer is far more than in inMusic..
..I hope Pioneer release something new very soon :)
Djkom 2:59 PM - 24 July, 2019
Quote:
I've stopped any decision..
I'm a vinyl freak but I'd wish to buy something 'only digital': XDJ-RX2? DDJ1000? wait X/CDJ 3000?
I were very close to get Rane promo (12+72+12 free)..but, right or not, my trust in Pioneer is far more than in inMusic..
..I hope Pioneer release something new very soon :)

I'm afraid we will not any spinning controllers from Pioneer anytime soon...😔
Traktor S4 MK3 is dope for vinyl lovers but Traktor itself 😒
If only a compant can create a controller like the S4 MK3 but for Serato it will be absolutely killer !!!
the SOUNDINSURGENT 6:06 PM - 24 July, 2019
www.instagram.com

It’ll happen
popnwave 6:17 PM - 24 July, 2019
Ah yes more recycled nonsense of the same pic.
DJ Tecniq 6:40 PM - 24 July, 2019
Quote:
Ah yes more recycled nonsense of the same pic.
lol thought the same!
the SOUNDINSURGENT 6:45 PM - 24 July, 2019
Lmmfao
LoLyfe 10:38 PM - 25 July, 2019
so my sources are saying this is legit and a few stores already have this in their systems. Asking price is about $1300 and comes with the full Serato suite. I already put my CJD2000-NXS up for sale.
DJ Tecniq 11:08 PM - 25 July, 2019
Quote:
so my sources are saying this is legit and a few stores already have this in their systems. Asking price is about $1300 and comes with the full Serato suite. I already put my CJD2000-NXS up for sale.
Noice! Which stores have it already.
dj Krazey leo 1:21 AM - 26 July, 2019
Still hoping for support for the original ddj1000
dj_soo 1:40 AM - 26 July, 2019
That is 100% not going to happen with the release of this controller
deejdave 1:55 AM - 26 July, 2019
Quote:
Still hoping for support for the original ddj1000

Not a chance.
deejdave 1:56 AM - 26 July, 2019
I am sure there are still those hoping the DDJ-RX, RR & RZX (among others) will be supported by Serato too though :)
dj Krazey leo 2:55 AM - 26 July, 2019
Time to sell
DJ Tecniq 3:37 AM - 26 July, 2019
Quote:
Time to sell
Yup
DJ Tecniq 4:52 AM - 31 July, 2019
This is what my retailer said when i asked if they would have it in stock soon...

“Steven,

Great to here from you!
I believe Pioneer will announce it within next 2 weeks.
Until then we cannot release any additional information.

Kindest Regards,”