Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Rewired Technics 1200s not working with Serato

Caleb ATL 9:25 PM - 31 January, 2019
Purchased 2 used Technics 1200s from a trusted individual who does a complete overhaul on them. New wiring in particular. There is no ground wire anymore as I believe they are now internally ground. Plugged them correctly into my Pioneer DJM900NXS and nothing registering thru Serato...only vinyl plays. Bummer. Are these 1200s destined to be only for the purist vinyl dj? What ya think? I don't understand as I thought all RCA wiring would work with Serato...any help would be appreciated
DjSyndic8 11:18 PM - 31 January, 2019
Quote:
Purchased 2 used Technics 1200s from a trusted individual who does a complete overhaul on them. New wiring in particular. There is no ground wire anymore as I believe they are now internally ground. Plugged them correctly into my Pioneer DJM900NXS and nothing registering thru Serato...only vinyl plays. Bummer. Are these 1200s destined to be only for the purist vinyl dj? What ya think? I don't understand as I thought all RCA wiring would work with Serato...any help would be appreciated

cause you don't have Serato DVS enabled, you have to purchase this through serato store
heres more info www.pioneerdj.com

while your there make sure all your drivers are up to date.
Caleb ATL 11:50 PM - 1 February, 2019
I neglected to mention that I already have Serato Pro and have been using a different pair of 1200s for over a year now. These 1200s from this post are new to me. Is Serato DVS still needed?
DJ Tecniq 1:01 AM - 2 February, 2019
You still need a DVS expansion pack If you haven’t bought one for the mixer yet. You can sign into Serato while offline and see if your DVS expansion is listed in your products. To learn more about the hardware you have see here. serato.com
DJ Tecniq 1:04 AM - 2 February, 2019
Your t-tables are more than likely fine you just never purchased the DVS plugin for timecode vinyl.
Logisticalstyles 1:28 AM - 2 February, 2019
Quote:
have been using a different pair of 1200s for over a year now.

Is this the same exact setup with only the new 1200s being added? Same mixer, laptop, and Serato interface?

A DVS license isn't tied to the turntables. If everything is the same except the turntables then this might not be a licensing issue. If you were using the previous turntables with the same setup then I would have to assume that you already had the DVS license.
DJ Tecniq 3:00 AM - 2 February, 2019
Wait i think he said he’s using Reloops. Isn’t there a switch on the t-tables for phono or line. I’d check that first.
DJ Tecniq 3:02 AM - 2 February, 2019
My bad wrong thread.
RR437T 4:35 AM - 2 February, 2019
"There is no ground wire anymore as I believe they are now internally ground."

A lot of people are moving away from ground wires, so there's nothing abnormal in not having one.

As for internal grounding, its not true. Its not the TT that gets grounded, its the phono cart itself. The ground wire is usually built into the tonearm cable.

"Are these 1200s destined to be only for the purist vinyl dj? What ya think? I don't understand as I thought all RCA wiring would work with Serato...any help would be appreciated"

In order for Serato to do anything with your music, the signal has to be digital. If your mixer doesn't have an ADC, you'll need to get an external box like the ones Rane makes.Also, it doesn't matter what kind of TT you have.They all work the same way.
Caleb ATL 8:50 PM - 2 February, 2019
Its the Pioneer DJM900NXS so it's Serato ready. I guess I'm confused as to why I need DVS for the new 1200s, but have not needed it for the old/original 1200s that I have been playing thru. Thanks for all the help
btw
DJ Tecniq 8:57 PM - 2 February, 2019
Quote:
Its the Pioneer DJM900NXS so it's Serato ready. I guess I'm confused as to why I need DVS for the new 1200s, but have not needed it for the old/original 1200s that I have been playing thru. Thanks for all the help
btw
Did you maybe change laptops? Check your Serato plugins maybe DVS got disabled somehow?
dj_soo 9:09 PM - 2 February, 2019
Quote:
btw

Exactly which license do you have? Just the DJ pro license or the club kit or the suite?
HK1200 10:45 PM - 2 February, 2019
Not familiar with the mixer, but is there a line/phono switch out of position or something? If vinyl plays and you swap to CV do you hear the control tone or is it just dead air? Are your scopes blank?
Serato, Support
Mike.C 1:55 AM - 4 February, 2019
Its might be that you need to set up the inputs of the mixer, this article explains it: support.serato.com

And yes, using the DJM900NXS you need a Serato license and DVS license associated with your account (club kit license). It might be that the license isn't activated on the computer you are using or CD/Vinyl control might be turned off in the expansion packs tab of the setup menu.