DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

NAMM 2019

Culprit 9:07 PM - 23 January, 2019
If we can, let's keep the comments to basically who is going, what events do you plan on attending, if anything dj or non dj related is catching your attention, and please no post debating on the new technics turntable because there are plenty of threads on that topic. I understand the majority are not going to make it since we got members from every part of the world, but would like to see you chime in on what you guys also think we should check out and comment on you know.

who's going? anyone hitting the bpm supreme party? any bars you guys wanna check out nearby? what hotels are you guys staying at?
The Return of Dj Sparky 9:19 PM - 23 January, 2019
have to say i'm not a fan of the mk7 recessed back, it could have been more subtle, anyone else think so?
Gio Alex 9:41 PM - 23 January, 2019
Quote:
i'm not a fan of the mk7 recessed back

I'm not gonna front, it's pretty hideous. I didn't even notice till I watched the Kenny Dope video. They should've made it like the MK4 imo.
Culprit 10:22 PM - 23 January, 2019
jesus...
Culprit 10:24 PM - 23 January, 2019
and you wonder why people abandon the serato forums over the years
Gio Alex 10:25 PM - 23 January, 2019
LOL What do you want exactly? Most of the discussions already exist in other threads...
Culprit 10:35 PM - 23 January, 2019
Quote:
LOL What do you want exactly? Most of the discussions already exist in other threads...

I actually looked for a NAMM 2019 and didnt see one :/
The Return of Dj Sparky 10:39 PM - 23 January, 2019
Quote:

maybe they got sick of reading multiple threads created on the same topic or they realised that their lil $100 fisher price controller would not make them a super star dj and moved on,

what's your take on it?
Culprit 10:40 PM - 23 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

maybe they got sick of reading multiple threads created on the same topic or they realised that their lil $100 fisher price controller would not make them a super star dj and moved on,

what's your take on it?

my take was i just asked that we for once didnt comment on the new panasonic turntable if you reread what I had originally posted
Culprit 10:41 PM - 23 January, 2019
like, what are people interested in other than the new turntable at NAMM, thats all
Culprit 10:43 PM - 23 January, 2019
it's not like i am disagreeing with you, i was hoping to make a thread that didnt turn into that debate and boom its the first thing that gets posted lol
The Return of Dj Sparky 10:44 PM - 23 January, 2019
well when you tell others what to do on the internet it usually doesn't go the way you planned it
Culprit 10:52 PM - 23 January, 2019
Quote:
well when you tell others what to do on the internet it usually doesn't go the way you planned it

of course bro, some things are too much to ask obviously
Gio Alex 11:32 PM - 23 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

I actually looked for a NAMM 2019 and didnt see one :/

I mean ppl announcing or talking about gear in separate threads, not specifically a namm 2019 thread.
Gio Alex 11:35 PM - 23 January, 2019
Quote:
like, what are people interested in other than the new turntable at NAMM, thats all

Lol The thing is I’m on other forums too. Like really into production stuff. As far as djing goes, I thought the new denon standalone unit is pretty solid and is opening the door for a lot of future non laptop potential. Things like that interest me more in the dj world.

The thing is so many things already work well for me as far as djing goes tho. Product wise.
Gio Alex 11:36 PM - 23 January, 2019
And the things we’ve been asking for forever don’t seem to be happening or happen waaaay too late.
Gio Alex 11:36 PM - 23 January, 2019
Quote:

Lol
Culprit 12:15 AM - 24 January, 2019
I think that new Denon unit is definitely a step in the right direction. The 2.5" bay for an SSD Drive along with Serato DJ support and as a stand alone unit is killer for weddings or school gigs. Plus Prime can read Serato Crates right out the bat.

Quote:
The thing is so many things already work well for me as far as djing goes tho. Product wise.

I agree, i mean we are just to the point of gear hoarding now, but i'm still steadily hoping for some action. Production wise, have you seen anything eye catching?
Gio Alex 12:26 AM - 24 January, 2019
Quote:
I mean we are just to the point of gear hoarding now

Pretty much this. Which is why it’s difficult for me to geek out about stuff.
blackavenger 3:26 PM - 24 January, 2019
Quote:
have to say i'm not a fan of the mk7 recessed back, it could have been more subtle, anyone else think so?

Totally agree!!
Gio Alex 7:11 PM - 24 January, 2019
DJ Irv 10:22 PM - 24 January, 2019
Gemini outdid itself again. That thing is extra ugly. I have no idea why Gemini doesn't do the obvious and re-release an updated version of the 2200 (Jazzy Jeff) mixer with mini innofaders , phone/line inputs and a built in soundcard. It would fly off of the shelves.
Gio Alex 10:33 PM - 24 January, 2019
Lmfao.... it’s like a really ugly spaceship- I’m guessing that screen shows waveforms?

I can only picture design meetings; “it’s not hideous enough, how can we make it more ugly?”
DJ Irv 4:28 PM - 25 January, 2019
Quote:
it’s not hideous enough, how can we make it more ugly?

It's like they have the whole R&D team betting against the company.
Culprit 5:53 PM - 25 January, 2019
Did anyone go to day one? The production hall was hella packed!
Gio Alex 6:43 PM - 25 January, 2019
I left Cali just as day one was popping up. Would've loved to check it out.
YZ 9:12 PM - 25 January, 2019
As far as DJ gear goes, nothing really ground breaking imo that we haven't already seen pre-NAMM
Gio Alex 9:17 PM - 25 January, 2019
Quote:
As far as DJ gear goes, nothing really ground breaking imo that we haven't already seen pre-NAMM

yeah... that's pretty much what we were saying from the jump. At this point we're getting to a place where we're just buying things just to buy them.
YZ 9:26 PM - 25 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

yeah... that's pretty much what we were saying from the jump. At this point we're getting to a place where we're just buying things just to buy them.

Or funding companies like Phase pre-order money so they can fix their shit.
Gio Alex 9:28 PM - 25 January, 2019
Quote:

Dead
Logisticalstyles 9:45 PM - 25 January, 2019
Quote:
I have no idea why Gemini doesn't do the obvious and re-release an updated version of the 2200 (Jazzy Jeff) mixer with mini innofaders , phone/line inputs and a built in soundcard. It would fly off of the shelves.

Maybe that's what they were thinking when they re-released the PMX 10.
geminisound.com
I don't think it flew off the shelves though.
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:53 PM - 25 January, 2019
Quote:
<div class="quote pl pr pt pb bg-l" readability="7">

Dead

I'm just waiting on an email from Phase telling me that I'll need to put money on a wristband in order to receive their product
Gio Alex 10:04 PM - 25 January, 2019
Oh shit, it's M.Bezzle!!! Where you been bro!!?
DJ Irv 10:20 PM - 25 January, 2019
Quote:
Maybe that's what they were thinking when they re-released the PMX 10.
geminisound.com
I don't think it flew off the shelves though.

That's based off a mixer that never sold well. The Jazzy Jeff mixer on the hand sold well back in the day and goes for mad money on ebay now. People love that old mixer.

Gemini bringing back the PMX10 is like Rane bringing back the SixtyOne (shots fired).
Gio Alex 10:30 PM - 25 January, 2019
Quote:
SixtyOne (shots fired)

OUCH! hahaha - the 61 is a 56Serato. They should've dropped the 57MKII and skipped that, but then 62 would've made less sense at the time, blah blah blah

I did buy one late tho lol. Only because I needed a Serato DJ Mixer (without having to use my SL3) for cheap since I already owned a Pioneer DDJ-SP1.