Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Rane Twelve Left Deck playing backwards

DJ CUTLOOSE 12:54 PM - 20 January, 2019
Brought some Rane Twelves in November 2018, all been good but since the latest Serato DJ update the left deck sometimes rotates normal speed but anti clockwise, hitting the start stop normally makes it spin clockwise. But last nite I had to switch off the deck at the power a few times to get it to work.
Has anyone else had this or any feedback from the serato team
Thanks
DJ Tecniq 1:42 PM - 20 January, 2019
Rane Twelve has been recalled bruh. There’s a free recall contact then to get it fixed.
DJ Tecniq 1:43 PM - 20 January, 2019
You’re welcome👍🏼
dj.rane.com
DJ CUTLOOSE 2:11 PM - 20 January, 2019
Quote:
Rane Twelve has been recalled bruh. There’s a free recall contact then to get it fixed.

Thanks Bro, for some reason I thought the deck span fast backwards and I thought it was on older Twelves.
I only just got them in November so I'll call up the shop tomorrow 👍
DJ Tecniq 2:18 PM - 20 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks Bro, for some reason I thought the deck span fast backwards and I thought it was on older Twelves.
I only just got them in November so I'll call up the shop tomorrow 👍
Try the software firmware update i think this may fix it too. Certain batch had the motor issue hopefully yours was not one of the affected ones.
DJ Tecniq 2:28 PM - 20 January, 2019
My bad sounds like yours is still faulty. I heard it happens when you hit start/stop 2x’s and it will spin backwards. Def contact them. Not good news that you got the units in November and still got a bad batch this tells me they either haven’t corrected new units or maybe your retailer sent an old shipment. Hope you get it solved. InMusic/Rane should have better quality control next time.
Diiijay 2:31 PM - 20 January, 2019
Quote:
Brought some Rane Twelves in November 2018, all been good but since the latest Serato DJ update the left deck sometimes rotates normal speed but anti clockwise, hitting the start stop normally makes it spin clockwise. But last nite I had to switch off the deck at the power a few times to get it to work.
Has anyone else had this or any feedback from the serato team
Thanks

Same problem here!

application full of bugs!
each version seems worse than the other.
lots of advertising ... lots of partnerships ...
but present good performance and reliability ... nothing!
Diiijay 2:34 PM - 20 January, 2019
I would like to emphasize that I use a Pioneer DDJ-SB2 and had the same problem with version 2.1.
IT'S A SHAME!!!
DJ CUTLOOSE 2:35 PM - 20 January, 2019
Quote:
I would like to emphasize that I use a Pioneer DDJ-SB2 and had the same problem with version 2.1.
IT'S A SHAME!!!

Same problem with Rane Twelves?
DJ Tecniq 2:35 PM - 20 January, 2019
Ouch! Blame Rane for this recall. You’ll have to ship the unit to them so they can do a firmware fix on the motor. Sounds like you both have the faulty motor. Good luck fellas hope it gets resolved.
DJ CUTLOOSE 2:40 PM - 20 January, 2019
Quote:
Ouch! Blame Rane for this recall. You’ll have to ship the unit to them so they can do a firmware fix on the motor. Sounds like you both have the faulty motor. Good luck fellas hope it gets resolved.

I've looked at the video of the fault but it's spinning really fast...

Mine was spinning backwards normal speed so it might be a different issue 🤔
Diiijay 3:08 PM - 20 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
IT'S A SHAME!!!

Same problem with Rane Twelves?

I do not know if it's exactly the same problem. some times I ran the Serato DJ 2.1 one of the dishes rotated in the opposite direction. In that case I would close and reopen the application and the problem would be solved. I am no longer using version 2.1. I came back to 2.0.5. I've already said: It's a SHAME!
Itchin_4_A_Scratch 5:51 PM - 20 January, 2019
Makes no sense.
Rane Twelve not working contact Rane don't make excuses or look for simple causes for the problem.

Rane has identified a problem with the motor in the Twelves which means something is wrong with the motor so ANY motor problem should be considered a real issue.

When someone said they have the same problem on a non-motorized DDJ SB2 it pretty much derailed the thread.
Diiijay 8:41 PM - 20 January, 2019
Quote:
Makes no sense.
Rane Twelve not working contact Rane don't make excuses or look for simple causes for the problem.

Rane has identified a problem with the motor in the Twelves which means something is wrong with the motor so ANY motor problem should be considered a real issue.

When someone said they have the same problem on a non-motorized DDJ SB2 it pretty much derailed the thread.

I do not have a "Rane Twelve". I do not know this issue from the manufacturer and I believe you when they say the manufacturer acknowledged this failure. Anyway, I guarantee that my report is real. I had the musician loading my DDJ-SB2 on the serato Dj where the software played the music in reverse. Could it be a software problem?
DJ Tecniq 12:45 AM - 21 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Makes no sense.

I do not have a "Rane Twelve". I do not know this issue from the manufacturer and I believe you when they say the manufacturer acknowledged this failure. Anyway, I guarantee that my report is real. I had the musician loading my DDJ-SB2 on the serato Dj where the software played the music in reverse. Could it be a software problem?
No there’s keyboard shortcuts for reverse play via the software you prob hit the shortcut key for the virtual deck to go in reverse. Simple fix
Diiijay 10:21 AM - 21 January, 2019
What shortcut? I dont find it.
DJ Tecniq 5:16 PM - 21 January, 2019
Quote:
What shortcut? I dont find it.
Reverse play is Q/Left deck and A/right deck you prob accidentally hit the key letter and the deck went in reverse. See here serato.com
DJ Tecniq 5:18 PM - 21 January, 2019
At the top right of SDJ there’s a tool tips section for all of the shortcut keys you should go through them and determine what key functions do what. Nothing is wrong with the controller you can undo-reverse play.
WildcardX 6:15 PM - 21 January, 2019
Quote:
Reverse play is Q/Left deck and A/right deck you prob accidentally hit the key letter and the deck went in reverse. See here serato.com

The common cause of this issue; and very frequently; is when you go to click on the search bar but do not do it properly to engage the text typing. So you end up hitting the "Q" or "A" keys that may be part of what you are looking for and it engages reverse play instead. So be mindful when engaging your search.

As for the Rane issue, you have a defective deck so best bet is to bear it and get in contact with Rane. Hope it works out.
YZ 8:51 PM - 21 January, 2019
I'm usually an early adopter however I'm glad I passed on the Twelves.
Diiijay 10:32 PM - 21 January, 2019
I didn't know the existence of this function. Thanks for the clarification.
DJ Tecniq 10:53 PM - 21 January, 2019
Quote:
Welcome to the basics of SDJ 😊
DJ CUTLOOSE 11:43 PM - 22 January, 2019
It got to the point I was scared to stop the deck because if I hit start it might go backwards...and it takes a few cycles of the button to make it spin clockwise
Diiijay 10:29 AM - 24 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Welcome to the basics of SDJ 😊

Fanboys will always be fanboys...
DJ CUTLOOSE 5:53 PM - 29 January, 2019
So they have gone back to rane under warranty..2 week turnaround!

2 months old and still on finance 😡

2 weeks lost gigs.....😡
DJ Tecniq 11:07 PM - 29 January, 2019
Quote:

2 weeks lost gigs.....😡
Welcome to InMusic quality control...
DJ CUTLOOSE 11:30 PM - 29 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

2 weeks lost gigs.....😡
Welcome to InMusic quality control...

Taking the piss they are bro
DJ Tecniq 11:39 PM - 29 January, 2019
Always have a backup rig. I have a Pioneer S9 and SR2. Both work flawlessly. Rane/InMusic isn’t the only one suffering quality control issues. Pioneer has as well with the SX3 and some units of the S9. My first S9 was indeed defective. Best to wait instead of purchasing so quickly.
CMOS 11:23 PM - 30 January, 2019
Why wouldnt you just rent decks for two weeks instead of losing gigs?
Mr. Goodkat 12:14 AM - 31 January, 2019
Quote:
pdidy 5:38 AM - 31 January, 2019
Quote:

dont confuse the man with reason and logic lol
popnwave 4:50 PM - 31 January, 2019
Sadly most people are playing with their margins too close to be able to rent. Bad planning.
DJ CUTLOOSE 12:09 AM - 3 February, 2019
Quote:
Sadly most people are playing with their margins too close to be able to rent. Bad planning.

What an stupid comment! Bad planning and close margins
Do you work for Rane?
Bad service is bad service!
pdidy 12:17 AM - 3 February, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Do you work for Rane?

Might there be a language barrier or did you completely miss all the points being made?
DJ CUTLOOSE 12:17 AM - 3 February, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

DJ Troll on my thread 😂
DJ CUTLOOSE 12:50 AM - 3 February, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

The common cause of this issue; and very frequently; is when you go to click on the search bar but do not do it properly to engage the text typing. So you end up hitting the "Q" or "A" keys that may be part of what you are looking for and it engages reverse play instead. So be mindful when engaging your search.

As for the Rane issue, you have a defective deck so best bet is to bear it and get in contact with Rane. Hope it works out.

Respect my friend and thanks for the reply
pdidy 9:30 AM - 3 February, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

DJ Troll on my thread 😂

Dude, I stopped trolling you weirdos about 2 years ago lol. I was simply being sarcastic because all of us recognized your falts.
DJ CUTLOOSE 11:29 AM - 3 February, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

DJ Troll on my thread 😂

Dude, I stopped trolling you weirdos about 2 years ago lol. I was simply being sarcastic because all of us recognized your falts.

The fault was happening with and without my mac connected so it's a Twelve issue and since posting they are sending a new deck to me.

And when I replied I also missed quite a replies by mistake, I was looking on my phone and just didn't see them.

Thanks to anyone who put constructive comments!
Robbie O 4:21 PM - 4 February, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Lol... This had me weak lol
popnwave 5:13 PM - 4 February, 2019
Quote:
Do you work for Rane?

Uhh why are you coming at me, I wasn't even replying to you?
DJ CUTLOOSE 11:06 PM - 5 February, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Do you work for Rane?

Uhh why are you coming at me, I wasn't even replying to you?

Sorry Robbie O...I'm.not good on forums, good on decks tho 😂
No offence meant 👊
Kingmauler 5:46 AM - 20 February, 2019
My Rane 12s played backwards because I accidentally turned on reverse mode on the deck. I hit the cue mode button and start button at the same time, by accident, which is mapped to the midi reverse mode in Serato. I didn't notice it for the longest because I never looked at the screen to see reverse mode highlighted. I thought I would have to send mine back too.

Problem solved, the documentation doesn't cover this feature.
DJ CUTLOOSE 1:49 AM - 24 February, 2019
How do I add video footage to a post becuse this happened again tonight, it's not a Rane issue becuse I swapped the decks round, it only ever happens on the left side.

Everrytine I hit start on the Twelve it toggles between normal and reverse, and sometimes it sticks in reverse, but I can get it out using the keyboard short cut. I watched it happen loads and even got a video clip. I'm not even touching the keyboard just the start stop button?

I am glad it's happened again because if I'm honsest some of the comments were out of order and trying to make me look stupid, but that's how hard people can act on a keyboard but usually in person people it's a different story!

Anyway Serato there is an issue, hopefully it can get sorted, but at least I have a work round till you do.
raedonquan 4:45 PM - 24 February, 2019
Quote:
How do I add video footage to a post becuse this happened again tonight, it's not a Rane issue becuse I swapped the decks round, it only ever happens on the left side.

Everrytine I hit start on the Twelve it toggles between normal and reverse, and sometimes it sticks in reverse, but I can get it out using the keyboard short cut. I watched it happen loads and even got a video clip. I'm not even touching the keyboard just the start stop button?

I am glad it's happened again because if I'm honsest some of the comments were out of order and trying to make me look stupid, but that's how hard people can act on a keyboard but usually in person people it's a different story!

Anyway Serato there is an issue, hopefully it can get sorted, but at least I have a work round till you do.

Make the video.. show everything the 12 and the screen shot of the decks playing backwards

Drop the video in Dropbox and share the link
DJ Tecniq 9:30 PM - 24 February, 2019
Quote:
How do I add video footage to a post
www.Youtube.com, copy/paste. I feel like Nick Burns your company’s computer guy😊 “Oh..You’re Welcome
DJ CUTLOOSE 11:04 PM - 24 February, 2019
Yeah I have a youtube channel, I'll upload it.
Wasn't sure if there was a direct way as an attachment on the forum.
DJ Tecniq 1:05 AM - 25 February, 2019
Quote:
Nope we don’t even have a edit feature yet and this forum has been around since early 2000. Serato doesn’t like change😕
AKIEM 3:25 AM - 25 February, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Nope we don’t even have an edit feature, yet this forum has been around since early 2000. Serato doesn’t like useful minor changes😡

yet somehow we are able to edit "quoted" posts.
lmao
DJ CUTLOOSE 10:43 PM - 25 February, 2019
Thats the rane twelves working 😁

www.facebook.com
DJ CUTLOOSE 10:44 PM - 25 February, 2019
And here

www.facebook.com
DJ CUTLOOSE 10:58 PM - 25 February, 2019
Here's the fault tho

youtu.be
raedonquan 11:36 PM - 25 February, 2019
Just for shits and giggles... go to settings then click the midi tab and click the reset to default mapping.

See if it fixes it
Chino 1:20 AM - 26 February, 2019
Quote:
Here's the fault tho

youtu.be

Maybe its a MIDI map conflict with the Dicers? I've noticed that the 72 does not seem to play well with other MIDI mapped devices. I had to delete & re-install my Midi map file on my Denon 3900s twice to get it to work properly.
DJ Tecniq 1:39 AM - 26 February, 2019
Why use dicers with Rane 12 when you have the mixer that does the same thing🤔
DJ Tecniq 1:40 AM - 26 February, 2019
Guarantee you’re running too many midi devices, two Rane 12’s, pair dicers & mixer. That’s a lot of usb power being used😳 good luck
raedonquan 3:54 AM - 26 February, 2019
Quote:
Guarantee you’re running too many midi devices, two Rane 12’s, pair dicers & mixer. That’s a lot of usb power being used😳 good luck

do you know the rane 12 has its own power hence the 120volt power it needs to operate

so it is not using any of the usb power from the computer its just sending data
DJ CUTLOOSE 7:42 AM - 26 February, 2019
I like the dicers close to the deck so I can change samples mid scratch
DJ CUTLOOSE 7:45 AM - 26 February, 2019
Loads of reasons to heve dicers, but I'm going back to the previous SDJ version, only happens in the latest
DJ Tecniq 5:27 PM - 26 February, 2019
Quote:
Loads of reasons to heve dicers, but I'm going back to the previous SDJ version, only happens in the latest
That would be the best option. Latest release was a big fail imo.
DJ CUTLOOSE 7:09 PM - 26 February, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Truss me and it's very slow to open crates
YZ 10:19 PM - 26 February, 2019
Quote:

Dicers? Cats still using those? Oh snap!
DJ CUTLOOSE 9:18 AM - 27 February, 2019
Nuff DJs uae Dicers bro ...

youtu.be
Quote:
Quote:

Dicers? Cats still using those? Oh snap!

Nuff DJs using them bro ...
youtu.be
Diiijay 7:14 PM - 2 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

ahauhauhauahuah Only the latest version ???

Fanboys make me laugh real!
dj_soo 9:55 PM - 2 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

do you know the rane 12 has its own power hence the 120volt power it needs to operate

so it is not using any of the usb power from the computer its just sending data

It’s not the power - it’s all the mapped controls. There’s only so many midi controls you can use and with devices as complex as the ones today, it’s very easy to come across midi conflicts - especially when you start mapping your own on top of that.
DJ CUTLOOSE 1:50 AM - 3 March, 2019
Went back to the previous version. Everything is cool...case closed!
DJ Tecniq 7:10 AM - 3 March, 2019
Quote:
Went back to the previous version. Everything is cool...case closed!
I don’t care to update to the latest release it’s a pile of shit. I use both versions cause needed the latest release for Mixars Primo support. Hope this next release is stability updates they are really slacking.
dj_soo 9:01 AM - 3 March, 2019
beta is looking pretty good for me so far.
Diiijay 4:08 PM - 4 March, 2019
Correcting again ... is not the BETA version! It's ALPHA!
BETA will be available as final version! kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk