DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Is Crane still around?

No Handle 7:16 PM - 19 January, 2019
I need to get my Crane stand repaired. I've contacted them twice using their online service request form and got no response.

I also called the number on their website and I get an automated response "Your call cannot be completed as dialed"

Anyone have any info on this? It looks like Crane stands are still being sold online...
No Handle 3:27 AM - 6 February, 2019
For anybody finding this thread: @thecranestand Instagram hasn't been updated since 2016 and their website hasn't been updated since 2015. Folks are complaining about sending service inquiries and never hearing back from the company. It's a shame that they disappeared given that DJs still like Crane hardware. #ripcrane
dj_soo 5:57 AM - 6 February, 2019
could just be backstock that retailers are trying to get rid of. Really sounds like they are done - it's too bad tho.

Still rocking the OG crane stand and it's still great. I think there ended up being too many other companies that copied their design and sold them for less. Doesn't help that the Elevate design they tried didn't feel quite as bulletproof as the older ones. My partner has one and he's always dealing with the height adjustment being finicky and it slipping down if it's not set up just right.
dj_soo 6:01 AM - 6 February, 2019
I just wish I could find a separate Center Stage base for mine since the single foot is a little annoying for some setups.
DJ GaFFle 2:45 PM - 6 February, 2019
Quote:
could just be backstock that retailers are trying to get rid of. Really sounds like they are done - it's too bad tho.

Still rocking the OG crane stand and it's still great. I think there ended up being too many other companies that copied their design and sold them for less...

Well, many of you guys knowingly bought those cheaper, Chinese copy-cat designs so that was probably their nail in the coffin.

Maybe Crane didn't do their due-diligence by patenting things. I still have mine. Haven't had to use it in quite some time but I won't ever sell it.
Logisticalstyles 2:51 PM - 6 February, 2019
Quote:
Well, many of you guys knowingly bought those cheaper, Chinese copy-cat designs so that was probably their nail in the coffin.

That's what I was thinking. They got copied by a lot of other no name brands.
popnwave 4:03 PM - 6 February, 2019
Still the best stand I've ever used.. that's a real shame when you make a product that DOES last and because of that it probably killed them.
Laz219 11:55 PM - 6 February, 2019
I've got two of them, been 100% bullet proof in the 7 or so years I've had them.
Shame if they have shut down, but I wouldn't be surprised with all the clones, plus the fact that they're so solid I don't see me ever needing to replace my current ones.