Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Recreating an old Filter effect from DJM800

Volatile 5:37 PM - 18 January, 2019
so on the old DJM 800 there was a pretty dope filter effect.

you'd select your beats for it to filter over and then on button press it would start with absolutely no filter at all but then HPF through your selected beats then back to the middle then LPF to your selected beats, almost mimicking you starting with the knob on zero and then perfectly blending in the filter to 100% by the 8th beat or whatever,

I can't seem to find anything like that on Serato DJ / DJM S9. as soon as i flcik the effect on, its just instantly on to that 100%

is there any way of recreating this?
dj_soo 2:08 AM - 19 January, 2019
Take a look at the LFO filter options in the software
Serato, Support
Dave. 11:03 PM - 7 February, 2019
Hi Volatile,

Dave here from the Serato support team.

We've received multiple help requests from you. It looks like our replies to your emails are not being received :(

We have received all emails from you, and all of our replies are being sent (we've verified this with our web team) - so it is likely that either our emails are going to a junk email inbox or being filtered out by your email inbox. We very rarely have trouble getting back in touch with our customers so it very possible that this has to do with your email account being tied to a vanity domain, if it's not the email preferences for the email account that are at fault.

I have reached out to you via a PM, and asked for a gmail or alternate email I can use to get in contact with you.

With regards to the question on this thread - The LFO filter in SDJ Pro will get you the effect you are after.

Please get back in touch via PM so I can help you further with the other issues you've reported.

Cheers,
Dave.
DJ Tecniq 3:22 AM - 8 February, 2019
Quote:
I can't seem to find anything like that on Serato DJ / DJM S9. as soon as i flcik the effect on, its just instantly on to that 100%

is there any way of recreating this?
That would be wide filter setting in the Pioneer utility👌🏼 Simple