DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Becoming a Master with DJ Craze | Serato ?

So Fresh 10:36 AM - 15 January, 2019
DJ Irv 5:55 PM - 15 January, 2019
Looks like he got a big bag.
Despo 5:57 PM - 15 January, 2019
whats going on, craze switching to serato?
Logisticalstyles 6:40 PM - 15 January, 2019
According to his social media he's still going strong with Traktor.
The Return of Dj Sparky 8:41 PM - 15 January, 2019
you didn't miss much, it was a load of crap
So Fresh 8:44 PM - 15 January, 2019
What just happened, I don’t get it
Logisticalstyles 8:52 PM - 15 January, 2019
It was funny at least.
Ollieboy 9:01 PM - 15 January, 2019
I read "Welcome to the family." from Serato. So is he now endorsing Serato DJ and leaving Tractor?
Chino 9:41 PM - 15 January, 2019
Quote:
I read "Welcome to the family." from Serato. So is he now endorsing Serato DJ and leaving Tractor?

Absolutely NO disrespect to Craze but I believe most Pros follow endorsement deals. When your DJing for a living, you go where the $$$ is at. Simple.
Gio Alex 9:43 PM - 15 January, 2019
UNLESS............

He got the S9 to support Traktor, maybe???
Logisticalstyles 9:55 PM - 15 January, 2019
4 days ago on Istagram he said "never gonna be on RANE ... fuck them"

When asked if he was ditching Traktor, he replied " bruh chill ... they dope ... Serato is dope as well ... this is a dope move for the culture"

When he erroneously thought someone was dissing Traktor he replied "don’t disrespect ... they are my family!!!! 😡 this move is all love"

This was all 4 days ago when the announcement was first made, so who knows what's really going on. All I know is he doesn't like RANE.
Gio Alex 10:00 PM - 15 January, 2019
I saw that too. So maybe he's just doing a Pioneer move, but Traktor support? But that doesn't make much sense either these days since Pio pushing their own software.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh... wait a minute! Is he going Rekordbox!?
Chino 10:03 PM - 15 January, 2019
Quote:
All I know is he doesn't like RANE.

It's probably not Rane per say but more inMusic Brand. The parent company seems more focused on the bottom line instead of the quality of their products!

It's a sad reality because the legacy Rane company excelled at having quality products & EXCELLENT customer service!
Gio Alex 10:07 PM - 15 January, 2019
Quote:
It's a sad reality because the legacy Rane company excelled at having quality products & EXCELLENT customer service!

Facts!
Chino 10:08 PM - 15 January, 2019
Quote:

I keep saying that Pioneer has been TOO quiet lately. Maybe Pioneer's silence is because they are really busy working on that R9 mixer...
Logisticalstyles 10:09 PM - 15 January, 2019
Quote:

But why do a Serato promo video?
Gio Alex 10:11 PM - 15 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

I keep saying that Pioneer has been TOO quiet lately. Maybe Pioneer's silence is because they are really busy working on that R9 mixer...

yeah could very well be, after sitting there and thinking about it. They don't have a dedicated rekordbox battle mixer.
Gio Alex 10:11 PM - 15 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

But why do a Serato promo video?

Good question. SO wtf is he doing then? Unless he's on board with serato and trolling.
dj_soo 11:07 PM - 15 January, 2019
I always wondered what his beef with Rane was.

So this was a nothing piece of hype?
DJMIYAGI 11:15 PM - 15 January, 2019
Quote:

They teased something called Detox at the end of the video. Wonder what that could be...
Mr. Goodkat 12:27 AM - 16 January, 2019
Quote:

me too
dj_soo 3:13 AM - 16 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

It's probably not Rane per say but more inMusic Brand. The parent company seems more focused on the bottom line instead of the quality of their products!

He’s using the Denon VL12s in that vid tho and while InMusic Rane is no Ranecorp in terms of customer support, what they’ve been doing with the 72s and Twelves far exceeds what Denon has been doing in terms of transparency and support for the last while.
DJ Irv 4:04 AM - 16 January, 2019
Serato might be releasing a pressing with Slow Roast (or a breakbeat) on one side and CV on the other. It's probably called the Detox.

Not sure about Craze leaving NI. They just got a 50M investment. If they didn't give Craze some dough then they messed up. I also think that NI integrates better with some of his production tools, but if Serato bought me a Tesla I might switch too. Craze is the main reason I bought a Z2. The other reason was the lack of support for my Rane 57 in SDJ. Wasn't about to give them $2000 for a SixtyTwo so they could drop support for that too. I'm on that fuck Rane shit too I guess.
dj_soo 4:24 AM - 16 January, 2019
Quote:
They just got a 50M investment. If they didn't give Craze some dough then they messed up.

I mean, I would think most of that investment went to their production side of things since that's their bread and butter.

This is also the same company that is charging $50 to upgrade to Traktor 3 - which is essentially just a facelift with one new effect mode and open DVS - after about 3 years of doing absolutely nothing with Traktor.

Open DVS might be attractive to new users, but I wonder how many people that gave up on the platform are willing to pay money to switch back just because it now works on new gear they may have picked up since.
DJ Irv 1:38 PM - 16 January, 2019
Quote:
This is also the same company that is charging $50 to upgrade to Traktor 3 - which is essentially just a facelift with one new effect mode and open DVS - after about 3 years of doing absolutely nothing with Traktor.

Doesn't Serato charge $100 bucks for the DVS expansion that is not completely open? I'm asking because I'm not sure.

It's also has a much better pitch algorithm comparable to PnT. Serato charges 30 bucks for theirs.

I would say in 3 years they did a lot of the wrong things not that they did nothing (might be worse than doing nothing). Stems, didn't bring a lot of value to most dj's. They did some other stuff, but since it didn't do anything for me I can't remember what they are.
DJ Irv 1:50 PM - 17 January, 2019
According to Craze himself (via instagram) he switched. Even if there are no hard feelings that is a big L for NI. No Z2 mk2 yet, lost Craze and Traktor Pro 3 being not what users wanted is all bad for Traktor.
Gio Alex 2:45 PM - 17 January, 2019
oh ok, sounds different from what he was saying before, interesting. But then again, he was being real cryptic.

I've always respected his honesty unlike other djs that like to play sides or be diplomatic, but the hate for rane kinda bums me out. However, who knows what their relationship was like.
DJ Irv 3:47 PM - 17 January, 2019
He said Serato bought him a Tesla. I can't argue with that.
grrillatactics 5:38 PM - 19 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

He's using the Denon TTs in the video. They are InMusic.