Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Transferring Recordings to an External HD

AverySetiawan 2:09 AM - 14 January, 2019
Serato Users

Not sure if I am the only one out there, but I've got a ton of vinyl mixes (b-sides, white labels etc) that I have been recording within Serato. It automatically saves it but I am trying to find a way to transfer these files to an External HD (and free up some internal space).

Anyone done this or could provide some insight?

The reason I'm asking is because I am in the process of buying a new laptop and would like all my rare tunes I've recorded from wax.

Abs
DJ Unique 4:41 AM - 14 January, 2019
It is on your main drive.

Can't remember exact path but something like below:

User/Documents/Music/Serato/Recording
DjSyndic8 5:50 AM - 14 January, 2019
Quote:
Serato Users

Not sure if I am the only one out there, but I've got a ton of vinyl mixes (b-sides, white labels etc) that I have been recording within Serato. It automatically saves it but I am trying to find a way to transfer these files to an External HD (and free up some internal space).

The reason I'm asking is because I am in the process of buying a new laptop and would like all my rare tunes I've recorded from wax.

Abs

go out and buy your self a 1 or 2tb external drive plug it into your laptop and rip your music directly to your external drive also drag the music you already ripped onto your drive and when you buy your new laptop just install serato and plug your hard drive in and build your crates,
easy way to manage your music, say you lose your laptop just do the same to your new laptop, I always separate my music from my laptop just encase anything happens also if you have money buy another identical external drive and back your music up so now you have 2 drives.. too easy.
DJ JulioYEG 8:26 PM - 16 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Serato Users

Abs

go out and buy your self a 1 or 2tb external drive plug it into your laptop and rip your music directly to your external drive also drag the music you already ripped onto your drive and when you buy your new laptop just install serato and plug your hard drive in and build your crates,
easy way to manage your music, say you lose your laptop just do the same to your new laptop, I always separate my music from my laptop just encase anything happens also if you have money buy another identical external drive and back your music up so now you have 2 drives.. too easy.

im getting a new external soon and im scared im gonna hav to re create all my crates
DjSyndic8 10:00 PM - 16 January, 2019
Quote:
im getting a new external soon and im scared im gonna hav to re create all my crates

get to know "itch sync" app convert folders to crates, very easy to use google search it.
DJ Unique 11:14 PM - 16 January, 2019
Quote:

Within you can copy your music & crates to a new hard drive.

If all your music is already on an external then just use data copying software.

support.serato.com
DJ JulioYEG 7:12 PM - 17 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Within you can copy your music & crates to a new hard drive.

If all your music is already on an external then just use data copying software.

support.serato.com

you just saved me a huge headache. appreciate both of you!
DJ Unique 2:40 AM - 18 January, 2019
Quote:

you just saved me a huge headache. appreciate both of you!

Awesome.

For software I use Retrospect (Windows) and Intego (OS X)
I clone my main music HD and only DJ with clones. The original HD always stays at home.
DJ JulioYEG 2:55 AM - 18 January, 2019
intego comes up as a anti virus??
DJ JulioYEG 2:56 AM - 18 January, 2019
so once i save my curent hd how do i clone it?
DJ Unique 5:50 AM - 18 January, 2019
Quote:
intego comes up as a anti virus??

I guess you need to buy the "Mac Premium Bundle X9" which is a 5 program bundle including the Personal BackUp.

I received the program with my Lacie drive and upgraded to full version for about $30

Once you have backup software, you will need to back up to a separate hard drive which will become a cloned copy.
DJ JulioYEG 11:04 PM - 20 January, 2019
www.bestbuy.ca

is this a good drive? thinking about buying it
DjSyndic8 11:22 PM - 20 January, 2019
Quote:
www.bestbuy.ca

is this a good drive? thinking about buying it

there's no good or bad drive now days bro its all about how you look after your drive you gotta baby it and not throw it around, also eject your drive accordingly, don't just pull it out of the USB Port,

Gotta roll the dice and hope the drive doesn't die on you,
before it gets to you, you have no idea what the drive has gone through or how many times its been dropped, through transition via shipping, but it always pays to backup your music onto 1 or 2 backup drives, my guess is since there are so many drives out there, they are cheaply mass producing these products and they are made to fail in their life, I always look at how long the warranty is on the drive if its a short warranty then the drive is shit.