Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

2 Issues

scottymac327 7:17 PM - 13 January, 2019
I have two issues. I use an external hard drive with over 10,000 songs. I have used this external for more than a year. When I open Serato only 4,600 songs load.

The second issue is deleted songs are showing up on orange with a question mark in the far left hand column.
scottymac327 7:42 PM - 13 January, 2019
Correction - Over 100,000 songs and 49,600 loading.
DjSyndic8 11:40 PM - 13 January, 2019
U must be running the new version 2.1 there is a known issue,
Roll back to SDJ Pro 2.05 and it should be good.
scottymac327 12:28 AM - 14 January, 2019
Quote:

I'll try that. I've used 2.1 since 12/25/18. My issue with all songs not loading started 1/13/19.
scottymac327 1:33 AM - 14 January, 2019
Quote:

That didn't work.
DjSyndic8 5:43 AM - 14 January, 2019
when you download the update file ( DDJ-SX2_V106.zip )www.pioneerdj.com
you have to unzip the file using win-zip or winrar.. inside is (DDJ-SX2_UpdaterApp_v1.06.jar) this is the firmware update file,
here is the instructions on how to update DDJ SX2 firmware

Note: Turn the power off and disconnect all the cables from the
unit. And close all applications on your computer before running
this updating procedure.

1) Connect your computer to DDJ-SX2 via the USB cable included
with the product.

2) Turn on the power of DDJ-SX2 while pressing the [SHIFT] button
and the [SYNC] button on the LEFT deck, and ensure the Level
meter LEDs flash before releasing your finger from the these
buttons.

Run the .jar file and follow the instructions

3) After waiting for about 10 seconds when the update file for
DDJ-SX2 (DDJ-SX2_Vxxx.jar) is activated, the following dialogue
is displayed. Click the [Start] button.

■If an error message is displayed, press the [Close] button to close
the controller and then activate the update file again.

■Approximately a few minutes are required for updating.
4) When the firmware update process is complete, click the [OK]
button.

you gotta read the instructions carefully and follow it
if there is error on the downloaded file re download it again and make sure the full has fully downloaded.
scottymac327 10:13 AM - 14 January, 2019
I think this is for someone else.
DJ JulioYEG 4:44 PM - 14 January, 2019
your harddrive has been most likely corrupted. Have you tried relocating lost files on the harddrive in Serato. and yes you need to rollback because the relocate lost files button on 2.1 is broken
DJ JulioYEG 4:44 PM - 14 January, 2019
Quote:

it is lol.
HK1200 5:05 PM - 14 January, 2019
I think Serato told someone else that they are aware if the issue, it's broken, download SSL instead and use the relocate lost files feature there as it actually works.

Ymmv
scottymac327 6:02 PM - 14 January, 2019
Quote:
your harddrive has been most likely corrupted. Have you tried relocating lost files on the harddrive in Serato. and yes you need to rollback because the relocate lost files button on 2.1 is broken

I tried relocating with 2.1 not 2.0. I'm back using 2.0 now. All songs loaded when I dropped and dragged from my music file on hard drive. I closed Serato and when i re-opened the same exact thing happened.
scottymac327 6:03 PM - 14 January, 2019
Quote:
I think Serato told someone else that they are aware if the issue, it's broken, download SSL instead and use the relocate lost files feature there as it actually works.

SSL?
DJ JulioYEG 6:17 PM - 14 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

SSL?

try ssl then +1
scottymac327 6:46 PM - 14 January, 2019
Quote:
try ssl then +1

Why go back to SSL?
HK1200 7:15 PM - 14 January, 2019
SSL = Serato Scratch Live.

Use it to locate the lost files. Then you presumably close SSL, relaunch SDJ, and all will be well.

But I've got a number of reasons why to go back to SSL too, if you're really wondering. Lol
scottymac327 8:08 PM - 14 January, 2019
Quote:
SSL = Serato Scratch Live.

Use it to locate the lost files. Then you presumably close SSL, relaunch SDJ, and all will be well.

But I've got a number of reasons why to go back to SSL too, if you're really wondering. Lol

This was done. The tracks show up. When I close and re-open tracks are gone.
DJ JulioYEG 8:18 PM - 14 January, 2019
are you using relocate lost files? did u actually go on ssl? and is your library fully external?
scottymac327 8:39 PM - 14 January, 2019
Quote:
are you using relocate lost files? did u actually go on ssl? and is your library fully external?

I tried relocate lost files. I get the no lost files found. I did not go back to SSL. All files are on an external.

All songs show up when I drop and drag music folder to Serato. When I close Serato and re-open only 49,600 bout of 100,000 songs show up. I even added a new song. Instead of taking the last number that song became number 49,600.
Nathan Shane 9:02 PM - 14 January, 2019
Hello, 2 night ago I was doing a live gig using DDJ SZ 2 and SERATO PRO 2.1, MAC Late 2014, MOJAVE, Clean OS Install w Brand new logic board.

Djing on channels 1 and 2 only.

Something weird happened where I loaded a new track on to Deck 2/Channel 2 and the audio of the previous track was still playing???

Also, the deck # in the top right corner of the screen changed to "4"??? Really strange and embarrassing to have happen at peak hour as I had to shut down my laptop and play off my iphone in to channel 1 - is this a known issue yet or am I the ony person this has happened to?
HK1200 9:17 PM - 14 January, 2019
*taps mic*

F-it

*Echo out*
Nathan Shane 9:23 PM - 14 January, 2019
that doesn't look like a solution genius
HK1200 9:37 PM - 14 January, 2019
Hey, at least I know how to start a new thread instead of trying to threadjack a bunch of other topics. You'll figure it out though, right Braintrust?
DjSyndic8 10:49 PM - 14 January, 2019
Quote:

lol sorry guys it is fotr another thread lol
scottymac327 11:29 PM - 14 January, 2019
Quote:
Hello, 2 night ago I was doing a live gig using DDJ SZ 2 and SERATO PRO 2.1, MAC Late 2014, MOJAVE, Clean OS Install w Brand new logic board.

Something weird happened where I loaded a new track on to Deck 2/Channel 2 and the audio of the previous track was still playing???

Also, the deck # in the top right corner of the screen changed to "4"??? Really strange and embarrassing to have happen at peak hour as I had to shut down my laptop and play off my iphone in to channel 1 - is this a known issue yet or am I the ony person this has happened to?

What?
DJ JulioYEG 12:37 AM - 15 January, 2019
Quote:

start ur own thread goof
DJ JulioYEG 12:38 AM - 15 January, 2019
Quote:
I did not go back to SSL

please try SSL it sill work 90% and if that doesn't work your HD is corrupted id recommend copying it to another HD for backup
scottymac327 2:45 AM - 15 January, 2019
Quote:
please try SSL it sill work 90% and if that doesn't work your HD is corrupted id recommend copying it to another HD for backup

I have a back up hard drive. I tried it and all files loaded without issues. I didn't go back to ssl.
scottymac327 9:26 AM - 15 January, 2019
Quote:
I have a back up hard drive. I tried it and all files loaded without issues. I didn't go back to ssl.

The same thing is happening with the backup hard drive.
DJ JulioYEG 4:26 PM - 15 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

The same thing is happening with the backup hard drive.

so you back up hd loaded fine then it stopped? hmm must be your wriitten folder or your file directories
scottymac327 5:50 PM - 15 January, 2019
Quote:
so you back up hd loaded fine then it stopped? hmm must be your wriitten folder or your file directories

No. I used the backup hard drive and only 99,600 songs loaded. I shut down. Backed up my regular HD so all songs are now on back up. It took about six hours overnight. I opened Serato with the backup this morning and only 99.600 out of 100,000+ songs loaded.
DJ JulioYEG 8:16 PM - 15 January, 2019
open a help request you got me stumped. still think you should try ssl bc it will fix your librarry in sdj too.
DJ Tracy G. 9:27 PM - 15 January, 2019
There was a hotfix for this but wasnt advertised for users with EXTERNAL drives or more than one drive in a laptop.

1) Download 2.1 again and it should be version ending with 797.
2) You will have to go back and reload all of the songs you loaded since you installed 2.1 only and then when you restart everything will be OK.

Your library is looking for your external songs on the c: drive which was the bug

There is no issue with 2.05
DJ JulioYEG 2:16 AM - 16 January, 2019
he rolled back and still didnt work
scottymac327 2:26 AM - 16 January, 2019
Quote:
open a help request you got me stumped. still think you should try ssl bc it will fix your librarry in sdj too.

I tried this it didn't work.
DJ JulioYEG 2:28 AM - 16 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

I tried this it didn't work.

do u hav a 2nd computer? DONLOAD SSL not sdj and try it with ur back up hd not ur primary
DJ Tracy G. 7:28 PM - 16 January, 2019
@DJ JulioYEG

Once you roll back, you will need to remove and re-add the files you imported using 2.1 or those songs on the external will still be pointing to c: in your library.
DJ JulioYEG 7:37 PM - 16 January, 2019
im not sure about that one chief
DJ Tracy G. 7:42 PM - 16 January, 2019
I happened to me and that was how I was able to restore. I never ever use Relocate Lost files - ever.
DJ JulioYEG 7:44 PM - 16 January, 2019
Quote:
I happened to me and that was how I was able to restore. I never ever use Relocate Lost files - ever.

then you just make your life harder
DJ Tracy G. 7:46 PM - 16 January, 2019
I'm up and running and I didn't have to do my whole library over. Overall it was about 20 minutes of recovery. I just needed to reload a few hundred titles. My Added Dates are still intact...lol
The Return of Dj Sparky 8:03 PM - 16 January, 2019
Deleting a track from the computer does not delete a track from the software, doing so will cause a broken link,

you have to delete in the software to remove it from there, cmd + shift + delete to permanently delete the file from the software and computer,

cmd + delete just to remove the track from serato and keep it on the computer,

now as for your other problems serato recommended to me to install SSL which i refused as they no longer support it so why should we use it and if it causes more problems they will not support you as SSL is not supported anymore, they admit there is a issue where relocate lost files does not work, they really should knuckle down on the software as they are in the same boat as before where they are stretching development over many platforms which is why they "said" they were discontinuing SSL but it was merely a way to relaunch the software and charge for all additional add on's
DJ Tracy G. 9:46 PM - 16 January, 2019
not sure if the comment above is in response to my suggestion.

1) Remove any track from the library analyzed with the bad 2.1
2) import those tracks again using 2.05 or earlier version or a FRESHLY DOWNLOADED 2.1. There were no release notes or anything relating to the hotfix they released for this issue where external files were pointed to c: in the library.
scottymac327 3:41 PM - 17 January, 2019
Quote:
Once you roll back, you will need to remove and re-add the files you imported using 2.1 or those songs on the external will still be pointing to c: in your library.

I created a crate in Serato and called it SLM BACKUP. I did this for my backup hard drive and backup laptop. I dragged all files to the new crate. I closed Serato. I cahnged the name of the database V2 on the laptops and hard drives. When I opened Serato my issue was corrected only on the backup laptop and hard drive. This shit is frustrating. All I need is for my main setup to work.
scottymac327 3:41 PM - 17 January, 2019
Quote:
not sure if the comment above is in response to my suggestion.

1) Remove any track from the library analyzed with the bad 2.1
2) import those tracks again using 2.05 or earlier version or a FRESHLY DOWNLOADED 2.1. There were no release notes or anything relating to the hotfix they released for this issue where external files were pointed to c: in the library.

I created a crate in Serato and called it SLM BACKUP. I did this for my backup hard drive and backup laptop. I dragged all files to the new crate. I closed Serato. I cahnged the name of the database V2 on the laptops and hard drives. When I opened Serato my issue was corrected only on the backup laptop and hard drive. This shit is frustrating. All I need is for my main setup to work.
scottymac327 3:42 PM - 17 January, 2019
Quote:
Deleting a track from the computer does not delete a track from the software, doing so will cause a broken link,

you have to delete in the software to remove it from there, cmd + shift + delete to permanently delete the file from the software and computer,

cmd + delete just to remove the track from serato and keep it on the computer,

now as for your other problems serato recommended to me to install SSL which i refused as they no longer support it so why should we use it and if it causes more problems they will not support you as SSL is not supported anymore, they admit there is a issue where relocate lost files does not work, they really should knuckle down on the software as they are in the same boat as before where they are stretching development over many platforms which is why they "said" they were discontinuing SSL but it was merely a way to relaunch the software and charge for all additional add on's

HK1200 5:38 PM - 17 January, 2019
Quote:

Can't say that I disagree with what you have said. However when you had this problem and contacted Serato they did tell you to download and install SSl, use the locate lost files feaure in SSL, and it would resolve the issue, correct?

Now if memory serves me right, you declined to do that and instead did what amounts to a complete system restore from a previous backup, which ultimately resolved the issue for you. Am I right?

Assuming I am, then Scotty can either do the same if he happens to have a complete system backup from an appropriate time frame. If he doesn't however, Serato have already given their current version of a resolution and it's apparently to use SSL to recover the lost files. Now if THAT doesn't work then it's Serato who has to answer for it, but if he's unwilling to even attempt their suggested resolution then what ya gonna do?

C'mon. A little SSL never hurt nobody Ya might even like it, lol.
scottymac327 5:42 PM - 17 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Can't say that I disagree with what you have said. However when you had this problem and contacted Serato they did tell you to download and install SSl, use the locate lost files feaure in SSL, and it would resolve the issue, correct?

Now if memory serves me right, you declined to do that and instead did what amounts to a complete system restore from a previous backup, which ultimately resolved the issue for you. Am I right?

Assuming I am, then Scotty can either do the same if he happens to have a complete system backup from an appropriate time frame. If he doesn't however, Serato have already given their current version of a resolution and it's apparently to use SSL to recover the lost files. Now if THAT doesn't work then it's Serato who has to answer for it, but if he's unwilling to even attempt their suggested resolution then what ya gonna do?

C'mon. A little SSL never hurt nobody Ya might even like it, lol.

The Serato rep didn't suggest I download SSL. He did instruct me to change the database V2. Which worked on one laptop and hard drive but not on the other one.
HK1200 5:43 PM - 17 January, 2019
The Serato rep suggested SSL to Sparky a few days ago.
scottymac327 6:19 PM - 17 January, 2019
Quote:
The Serato rep suggested SSL to Sparky a few days ago.

I must have dealt with a different rep.
The Return of Dj Sparky 8:11 PM - 17 January, 2019
Yeah its the fact they don't support it anymore then why are they recommending to use unsupported software, and it ssl made things worse they wouldn't support the problem as it was caused by ssl, I restored a backup of my database not a full system restore
HK1200 8:25 PM - 17 January, 2019
Quote:
Yeah its the fact they don't support it anymore then why are they recommending to use unsupported software, and it ssl made things worse they wouldn't support the problem as it was caused by ssl, I restored a backup of my database not a full system restore

I hear ya, just trying to kinda pass their message along to Scotty here so he can get sorted out. Serato suggested SSL, so it might he worth a whack for him if all else fails. I personally wouldn't know what else to suggest... beside cmd/ctrl+delete everything and reimport the library of course. Lol
djcrap 9:26 PM - 17 January, 2019
If you say it worked one laptop and didn’t work on the other laptop that is the main setup

Maybe the internal hard drive of your main laptop is failing? Or maybe the external hard drive is failing or has a bad sector! Just saying and could be the reason why
Maybe you should look into that next to find out if you have some bad blocks of failing sectors on that internal hard drive of your main set up or even the external hard drive.

Check the s.m.a.r.t. Statuses for both your internal and external hard drives or run a deep scan test to locate bad sectors on both hard drives.
I use techtool pro to run all the tests I suggested above am on a MacBook Pro mid 2012