Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ Pro

henryyoungdj 6:44 PM - 11 January, 2019
Ive bought serato dj pro about 5 months ago ive recently bought a new mac and have downloaded it on it, but when i go to start mixing its saying i have to but serato again even tho i am logged in? Help please!!!
popnwave 9:54 PM - 11 January, 2019
Quote:
Ive bought serato dj pro about 5 months ago ive recently bought a new mac and have downloaded it on it, but when i go to start mixing its saying i have to but serato again even tho i am logged in? Help please!!!

I'd open a ticket, looks like you need to have your license tied up in some way. Though you SHOULD be able to have it live on two pieces of hardware.
YZ 9:58 PM - 11 January, 2019
Yea, didn't they change the way their licensing works? Open a ticket, you need a different key.
deejdave 1:00 AM - 12 January, 2019
Quote:

Logging in is not enough. You need to activate the SW via the "my serato" tab.
henryyoungdj 11:44 AM - 12 January, 2019
Quote:
Yea, didn't they change the way their licensing works? Open a ticket, you need a different key.

Thanks mate, but how do you do this 😯
deejdave 5:46 PM - 12 January, 2019
You do not need a different key. Even the activation codes from SDJ 1.0 still work for even the most updated version.
Quote:
You need to activate the SW via the "my serato" tab.
Skillzington 8:05 PM - 13 January, 2019
my SL2 doesn't connect to Serato DJ pro on my new MacBook Pro (2017) running on Mojave 10.14.2 while it connects perfectly to Serato DJ pro on my old MacBook Pro (mid 2012)

what am I missing ?
Skillzington 8:06 PM - 13 January, 2019
my SL2 doesn't connect to Serato DJ pro on my new MacBook Pro (2017) running on Mojave 10.14.2 while it connects perfectly to Serato DJ pro on my old MacBook Pro (mid 2012)

please what am I missing ?
DJ Tecniq 9:13 AM - 14 January, 2019
Quote:

what am I missing ?
Install the driver maybe?
popnwave 7:40 PM - 14 January, 2019
Driver, new macbook might not like whatever USB-C to A adapter you're using
Quote:

Driver, new MacBook might not like whatever USB-C to A adapter you're using as well.
Nathan Shane 9:02 PM - 14 January, 2019
Hello, 2 nights ago I was doing a live gig using DDJ SZ 2 and SERATO PRO 2.1, MAC Late 2014, MOJAVE, Clean OS Install w Brand new logic board.

Djing on channels 1 and 2 only.

Something weird happened where I loaded a new track on to Deck 2/Channel 2 and the audio of the previous track was still playing???

Also, the deck # in the top right corner of the screen changed to "4"??? Really strange and embarrassing to have happen at peak hour as I had to shut down my laptop and play off my iphone in to channel 1 - is this a known issue yet or am I the ony person this has happened to?
Skillzington 10:05 PM - 14 January, 2019
I installed the driver the moment Serato DJ pro brought it up at the bottom of the page.
Skillzington 10:06 PM - 14 January, 2019
Quote:
Driver, new macbook might not like whatever USB-C to A adapter you're using
Quote:

Driver, new MacBook might not like whatever USB-C to A adapter you're using as well.

I was thinking same because I am using an adapter indeed. ill get a cable usb c to a instead and try it again.

Thanks
DJ JulioYEG 3:26 AM - 16 January, 2019
Quote:

what am I missing ?

drivers
DJ JulioYEG 3:27 AM - 16 January, 2019
oops everyone already answered lmfao. we really need a delete button add that onto the things that will never happen
Serato, Support
Matt P 10:24 PM - 16 January, 2019
Hey Skillzington,

It sounds like your having this problem - support.serato.com

Unfortunately quite common since Apple introduced this pesky security feature.

Regards
Vierra Vibe 11:23 PM - 16 January, 2019
Quote:
Hello, 2 nights ago I was doing a live gig using DDJ SZ 2 and SERATO PRO 2.1, MAC Late 2014, MOJAVE, Clean OS Install w Brand new logic board.

Djing on channels 1 and 2 only.

Something weird happened where I loaded a new track on to Deck 2/Channel 2 and the audio of the previous track was still playing???

Also, the deck # in the top right corner of the screen changed to "4"??? Really strange and embarrassing to have happen at peak hour as I had to shut down my laptop and play off my iphone in to channel 1 - is this a known issue yet or am I the ony person this has happened to?

The same thing happened to me. I have a brand new 2018 MacBook Pro (with Touch Bar) and a brand new DDJ-SX3. I have downloaded all the drivers and purchased Serato DJ Pro and the DVS license (even though I thought my equipment unlocked Serato DJ Pro with purchase).

Looking for solutions as well.