Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

What the fuck does relocate lost files do, since 2.1 messed up my library

The Return of Dj Sparky 10:23 PM - 9 January, 2019
So serato, after 2.1 fucked up my library and relocate lost files does fuck all!

Whats going on with 2.1, latest build 210797 according to this known issue should resolve it but it doesn't,

support.serato.com

and then this joker Bruce gives me a generic answer of reinstalling and providing an error report , did you guys even read support ticket I included the link you then sent back to me to try, ticket is 522514
popnwave 10:44 PM - 9 January, 2019
Does it display ok in 2.0.5?

The library thing fixed was just a tag issue, not a locate one.
The Return of Dj Sparky 10:49 PM - 9 January, 2019
I'll try that version but if the feature can't resolve a simple drive letter and the rest of the path is the same I'd like to know exactly what the fuck it is ment to do or is it broke in 2.1
The Return of Dj Sparky 10:54 PM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:
Does it display ok in 2.0.5?

The library thing fixed was just a tag issue, not a locate one.

same in 2.0.5
popnwave 10:55 PM - 9 January, 2019
Aww yeah that's shit then.
The Return of Dj Sparky 11:55 PM - 9 January, 2019
restoring from a backup now, as i don't have 2 weeks to play the serato support tennis game, if i didn't get a 72 i'd probably go back to SSL

to anyone reading this make sure you have backups, you'll learn the hard way when serato fucks your shit up
dj_soo 1:37 AM - 10 January, 2019
I heard that they broke that a long while ago and still haven’t figured out a way to fix it.

Some people have had success using it in scratchlive - which should fix it for dj.
dj_soo 2:07 AM - 10 January, 2019
You could also try this:

serato.com
The Return of Dj Sparky 11:35 AM - 10 January, 2019
The conclusion from support, really gives you faith in the software

"Relocate Lost Files in Serato DJ Pro does not work for some customers, and we are aware of this.
If you are unable to Relocate Lost Files in Serato DJ Pro, we suggest installing Serato Scratch Live and using the Relocate Lost Files feature there"
jdt-SOG 6:20 PM - 10 January, 2019
Pure coincidence I suppose, but I knew a guy back in the days of FL Studio Collab that went by the name of DJ Sparky. Did some pretty tight trance. Told me to check out the synth VST Vanguard, which I just used on a track the other day. I made a rough, logo type video for him, superimposed text over flames...

Any way, I was just dropping in here to see what was up with the 2.1 update, found this thread and since I just got my library in good working order, do I need to update? It doesn't look like any big improvements or fixes would affect my setup except the possibility of having to reconfigure the directory again. If it ain't broke...
YZ 6:24 PM - 10 January, 2019
Why you so mad Spark? You knew the relocate app was trash no?
DJ JulioYEG 6:44 PM - 10 January, 2019
mine worked yesterday after i re arranged my new hd
The Return of Dj Sparky 7:57 PM - 10 January, 2019
Quote:

Let's see your reaction when serato fucks up your library
HK1200 8:19 PM - 10 January, 2019
Quote:
The conclusion from support, really gives you faith in the software

"Relocate Lost Files in Serato DJ Pro does not work for some customers, and we are aware of this.
If you are unable to Relocate Lost Files in Serato DJ Pro, we suggest installing Serato Scratch Live and using the Relocate Lost Files feature there"

Now if only they'd update the rest of Scratch Live to work with the 72.... Lol
YZ 9:07 PM - 10 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Let's see your reaction when serato fucks up your library

Oh Sparky. But I have real machine backups so I don't worry about those things. Good luck buddy ol' pal.
The Return of Dj Sparky 9:28 PM - 10 January, 2019
Suck a dick YZ, I have backups but if releasing a build that fucks shit up and also a build that has recovery features that don't work, I guess that's acceptable to you
DjSyndic8 3:48 AM - 12 January, 2019
yer that's why I stayed away from 2.1... worst version of serato to date in my oppinion hope you get it sorted Sparky👍👍