Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

New Technic SL-1210 MK7

Ragman 7:48 AM - 8 January, 2019
Did they nail it or what? From what I've read it appears so, but time will tell.

djworx.com
DJ Tecniq 8:21 AM - 8 January, 2019
Quote:
Did they nail it or what? From what I've read it appears so, but time will tell.

djworx.com
If it’s not affordable then no it’s more like a closed casket⚰️
DjSyndic8 9:09 AM - 8 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

djworx.com

yer we need to put the 1200 turntable to rest its like digging your dead grandpa up every year just to touch em up and make him look good, way too over priced for an old school tool for spinning vinyl. whats wrong with the old model lol.
DJ Tecniq 6:23 PM - 8 January, 2019
Quote:
yer we need to put the 1200 turntable to rest its like digging your dead grandpa up every year just to touch em up and make him look good, way too over priced for an old school tool for spinning vinyl. whats wrong with the old model lol.
The technology that went into this new mk7 is pretty neat and for me it’s the +16/double pitch speeds, detachable RCA’s & the LED Strobe can change red/blue. The M5G’s of course had the ext pitch but that’s not the kind of Technics I have. I’d sell mine for these in a heartbeat.
The Return of Dj Sparky 10:33 PM - 8 January, 2019
haha yes all this new tech....

my guess is that this turntable was released to recoup the losses and R&D cost that Panasonic incurred from the grandmaster turntable
Ragman 5:52 AM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:
haha yes all this new tech....

my guess is that this turntable was released to recoup the losses and R&D cost that Panasonic incurred from the grandmaster turntable

Agreed. That was destined to be a huge miscalculation.
Ragman 5:56 AM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

djworx.com

Apparently this newer Tech 1200 is specifically aimed at DJs and have not been priced yet. But I agree, if they get to greedy this will be a flop for sure.
Ollieboy 6:05 AM - 9 January, 2019
Looks like Reloop just clapped back with an RP 8000 Mk2 at $699 youtu.be
DjSyndic8 8:32 AM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:

now were talking incorporating new school with old school and fairly priced
Despo 12:16 PM - 9 January, 2019
And they still didnt implement hid control into the spindle which would make it the best turntable ever
DJ JulioYEG 4:18 PM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:

have you guys seen reloops version of a s9? i literally thought it was a s9 in between the tts
YZ 4:59 PM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:

djworx.com

It's the same 1200 it's always been, it was nailed back in the late 80s. Minor changes you'll never realize are there on this one... more or less just reselling for the guys that never got to get Technics back in the 90s.
docmotion2000 9:39 PM - 9 January, 2019
Great Article from Mark Settle

djworx.com

RP8000MK2 is great but a toy for serato and no choice for people who just want to play a fuckin vinyl and more
docmotion2000 9:48 PM - 9 January, 2019
my opinion:

If Technics brings out a new turntable pushes the market 1000x more than a button player from Reloop

a comparison annoys
dj_soo 2:14 AM - 10 January, 2019
Quote:

djworx.com

RP8000MK2 is great but a toy for serato and no choice for people who just want to play a fuckin vinyl and more

The fact that you can use the buttons to shift the pitch on the 8000 for straight vinyl makes it more than a pure serato deck.
AKIEM 2:27 AM - 10 January, 2019
oh shit, thats dope
Comrade Tulayev 10:13 AM - 10 January, 2019
Quote:

djworx.com

Records. They're called records. No one plays "a vinyl".
AKIEM 2:49 PM - 10 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

djworx.com

they are called "vinyls"
its official
Comrade Tulayev 2:56 PM - 10 January, 2019
Bollocks
HK1200 3:00 PM - 10 January, 2019
Couple of vinyls, a little linoleum, and you've got yourself a party.
AKIEM 3:56 PM - 10 January, 2019
Quote:
Bollocks

dont u mean 'Bollock'?
Comrade Tulayev 6:31 PM - 10 January, 2019
Lol!
DjSyndic8 10:38 PM - 10 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

djworx.com

they are called "vinyls"
its official

vinyl
/ˈvʌɪn(ə)l/
noun
plural noun: vinyls

synthetic resin or plastic consisting of polyvinyl chloride or a related polymer, used for wallpapers and other covering materials and for gramophone records.
"the vinyl is cut to size with a craft knife"

----------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------
record
noun
noun: record; plural noun: records
/ˈrɛkɔːd/

a thin plastic disc carrying recorded sound in grooves on each surface, for reproduction by a record player.
"I'm listening to records in my room"
synonyms: album; More
vinyl;
tape, cassette, disc, compact disc, CD;
recording, release;
datedgramophone record, LP, long-player, single, forty-five, twelve-inch (single), EP (extended-play);
seventy-eight, 78;
datedblack disc;
datedphonograph record
"I spent a lot of time listening to records"
a piece or collection of music reproduced on a record or on another medium.
"my favourite record"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------
DJ JulioYEG 1:38 AM - 11 January, 2019
vinyl
noun [ U ] UK ​ /ˈvaɪ.nəl/ US ​ /ˈvaɪ.nəl/

strong plastic that can be bent, used for making floor coverings, furniture, clothing, etc., or (especially in the past) records: records, as a way of recording and listening to music.

dictionary.cambridge.org
AKIEM 1:41 AM - 11 January, 2019
en.oxforddictionaries.com

vinyl
NOUN
1. mass noun Synthetic resin or plastic consisting of polyvinyl chloride or a related polymer, used for wallpapers and other covering materials and for gramophone records.

‘the vinyl is cut to size with a craft knife’
as modifier ‘vinyl floor tiles’

1.1 Vinyl used as the standard material for records.
‘fans had to wait almost a year before the song eventually appeared on vinyl’
as modifier ‘sales of vinyl recordings’

1.2 count noun A vinyl record.
‘he had plenty of tapes and vinyls

2. Chemistry
as modifier Of or denoting the unsaturated hydrocarbon radical —CH=CH₂, derived from ethylene by removal of a hydrogen atom.

‘a vinyl group’
DJ JulioYEG 1:43 AM - 11 January, 2019
Quote:
en.oxforddictionaries.com

bonus marks for the citation of your source ;)
AKIEM 1:46 AM - 11 January, 2019
i read citations too, how bout this?

Meaning of “vinyl” in the English Dictionary
English
"vinyl" in English
See all translations
vinyl
noun [ U ] UK ​ /ˈvaɪ.nəl/ US ​ /ˈvaɪ.nəl/

strong plastic that can be bent, used for making floor coverings, furniture, clothing, etc., or (especially in the past) records

records, as a way of recording and listening to music:

Today's music lovers growing up with iPods may never know the sound of vinyl.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words

Plastics & rubber

Bakelite Bubble Wrap Cellophane celluloid cling film Formica injection moulding latex Lucite microbeads polyethylene polypropylene polystyrene polythene polyurethane Styrofoam Teflon thermoplastic thermosetting uPVC
See more results »

(Definition of “vinyl” from the Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary & Thesaurus © Cambridge University Press)

American
"vinyl" in American English
See all translations
vinyl
noun [ U ] US ​ /ˈvɑɪ·nəl/

strong plastic that can be bent and that is used to make floors, furniture, clothing, etc.:

vinyl flooring/upholstery
a vinyl raincoat

(Definition of “vinyl” from the Cambridge Academic Content Dictionary © Cambridge University Press)

Examples
Examples of “vinyl”
These examples are from the Cambridge English Corpus and from sources on the web. Any opinions in the examples do not represent the opinion of the Cambridge Dictionary editors or of Cambridge University Press or its licensors.
He was an avid rock fan with a large collection of vinyls.
From Wikipedia
The variant is a different version of one of the vinyls in the series.
From Wikipedia
The vinyls from the master sources are thereby highly sought out by preservationist and collectors.
From Wikipedia
The 12 vinyl's artwork was also different and featured a close up view of a ballerina sitting and holding a teddy bear on the ground.
From Wikipedia
The colours still remain on network maps but the vinyls for the most part have disappeared from the fleet's vehicles.
From Wikipedia

The record stores that participated in the event received limited edition vinyls.
From Wikipedia
His ways of bending the lines between art, photography and nature in his large format vinyls, photographs, installations and photo performances are considered highly innovative.
From Wikipedia
By mid-decade, four-doors as well as coupes could be topped with a number of colorful vinyls.
From Wikipedia
The vinyl's cover was taken from the same photoshoot as the album's was.
From Wikipedia
Their means of transportation was usually public buses, with mixers and turntables under their arms, and vinyls and minidiscs in backpacks.
From Wikipedia
Vinyl's lower surface noise level than shellac was not forgotten, nor was its durability.
From Wikipedia
DJ JulioYEG 1:52 AM - 11 January, 2019
Quote:
i read citations too, how bout this?

Meaning of “vinyl” in the English Dictionary
English
"vinyl" in English
See all translations
vinyl
noun [ U ] UK /ˈvaɪ.nəl/ US /ˈvaɪ.nəl/

strong plastic that can be bent, used for making floor coverings, furniture, clothing, etc., or (especially in the past) records

records, as a way of recording and listening to music:

Today's music lovers growing up with iPods may never know the sound of vinyl.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words

Plastics & rubber

Bakelite Bubble Wrap Cellophane celluloid cling film Formica injection moulding latex Lucite microbeads polyethylene polypropylene polystyrene polythene polyurethane Styrofoam Teflon thermoplastic thermosetting uPVC
See more results »

(Definition of “vinyl” from the Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary & Thesaurus © Cambridge University Press)

American
"vinyl" in American English
See all translations
vinyl
noun [ U ] US ​ /ˈvɑɪ·nəl/

strong plastic that can be bent and that is used to make floors, furniture, clothing, etc.:

vinyl flooring/upholstery
a vinyl raincoat

(Definition of “vinyl” from the Cambridge Academic Content Dictionary © Cambridge University Press)

Examples
Examples of “vinyl”
These examples are from the Cambridge English Corpus and from sources on the web. Any opinions in the examples do not represent the opinion of the Cambridge Dictionary editors or of Cambridge University Press or its licensors.
He was an avid rock fan with a large collection of vinyls.
From Wikipedia
The variant is a different version of one of the vinyls in the series.
From Wikipedia
The vinyls from the master sources are thereby highly sought out by preservationist and collectors.
From Wikipedia
The 12 vinyl's artwork was also different and featured a close up view of a ballerina sitting and holding a teddy bear on the ground.
From Wikipedia
The colours still remain on network maps but the vinyls for the most part have disappeared from the fleet's vehicles.
From Wikipedia

The record stores that participated in the event received limited edition vinyls.
From Wikipedia
His ways of bending the lines between art, photography and nature in his large format vinyls, photographs, installations and photo performances are considered highly innovative.
From Wikipedia
By mid-decade, four-doors as well as coupes could be topped with a number of colorful vinyls.
From Wikipedia
The vinyl's cover was taken from the same photoshoot as the album's was.
From Wikipedia
Their means of transportation was usually public buses, with mixers and turntables under their arms, and vinyls and minidiscs in backpacks.
From Wikipedia
Vinyl's lower surface noise level than shellac was not forgotten, nor was its durability.
From Wikipedia

long texts indented short texts quoted and titles italicized​​ or i dock ur 69 percent next time
AKIEM 2:00 AM - 11 January, 2019
thats fine, I got lazy because you cited a page which quotes "vinyls" half a duzen times.

I say "vinyls" just to annoy people like I was the first time I heard it anyways -lol
DJ JulioYEG 2:03 AM - 11 January, 2019
Quote:
thats fine, I got lazy because you cited a page which quotes "vinyls" half a duzen times.

I say "vinyls" just to annoy people like I was the first time I heard it anyways -lol

they quoted Wikipedia definitely got a F-
AKIEM 2:27 AM - 11 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

nah, wikipedia might not be a usable source citation for a college paper. It is certainly usable for examples of language usage.
A+
(otherwise your argument is with the Cambridge dictionary, not me.
DJ JulioYEG 2:30 AM - 11 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

nah, wikipedia might not be a usable source citation for a college paper. It is certainly usable for examples of language usage.
A+
(otherwise your argument is with the Cambridge dictionary, not me.

thats what i was hinting @ lol
AKIEM 2:35 AM - 11 January, 2019
lol aight.
DJ Tecniq 2:36 AM - 11 January, 2019
$1200 USD. Think any online retailers will have 10-15% off or pre order discount? Thoughts🤔
Rebelguy 1:39 AM - 12 January, 2019
Price is actually the same as the original release price if you adjust for inflation.
david07 7:49 PM - 1 July, 2019
youtu.be

Oscillation pitch bpm on serato
Matt Sherman 10:38 PM - 1 July, 2019
Yea it's funny they claim this new motor design gets rid of cogging but then you look at the specs and one of them shows cogging.
DJ Tecniq 10:41 PM - 1 July, 2019
Quote:
youtu.be

That’s amazing it’s barely drifting the bpm. My old mk5’s are not as spot on as this. Hrmmm May just sell my old decks.
djstefy74 5:25 PM - 2 July, 2019
I've the 0.1\0.2 bpm oscillation on my MK2s..at least they are 27 years old!..so,i don't know if there's a tt that not have a little oscillation because of the records..with Phase probably there's no bpm fluctuation?
John Calipari 11:43 AM - 3 July, 2019
They nailed it with the MK2, then progressively worsened from there
david07 1:26 PM - 3 July, 2019
sl-1210 mk5 dish recently bought and in good condition, the same problem oscillation bpm
Despo 6:04 PM - 3 July, 2019
Since when is this a problem? Turn on anti drift in serato and watch all fluctuations disappear if you're that anal about it
dj_soo 6:18 PM - 3 July, 2019
This happens in every turntable - it’s worse on non technics.
david07 7:15 PM - 3 July, 2019
fortunately I have a couple of unused mk5 tones, I will try it, I mention this because in a black mk2 it did not happen to me, that's why I find it strange
electro elvis 3:18 PM - 4 July, 2019
I have Mk2 turntables, which I have owned for over 20 years, and the BPM fluctuates slightly on mine.
I assumed this was due to them being poorly set-up (I recently moved all my kit and haven't yet got around to recalibrating everything) and more than likely in need of a professional service.
If people are saying slight fluctuations in BPM is normal, then I'll save myself some cash and won't bother with the service.
dj_soo 7:09 PM - 4 July, 2019
Wow and flutter are a standard thing with all turntables.

Technics has industry low levels of wow and flutter compared to the hanpin and denon offerings too.

If it bothers you, just turn on the anti drift feature in the settings.
david07 10:34 PM - 4 July, 2019
With anti frift it stops but not instantly
Caley Martin 5:59 PM - 15 July, 2019
Quote:
youtu.be

Just got my pair and this is driving me nuts!

"Upgraded" from a pair of MK5s and never experienced this sort of oscillation. I usually do long blends with my music and would occasionally have to move the pitch slider. Now my hand is constantly on the pitch slider making adjustments to compensate. Even with pitch reset on and anti-drift, the playing track is oscillating between .01 and .03 slower and faster... is this expected behavior due to the digital pitch on these newer models?

I thought the motor was supposed to be improved? The pitch seems waaaaay less stable now compared to my MK5s.

I ended up sending Technics a support inquiry. Let's see what they get back to me with.
david07 8:25 PM - 15 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
<div><strong><font style="vertical-align: inherit;"><font style="vertical-align: inherit;">Citar:</font></font></strong>
<a href="youtu.be title="youtu.be rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer" target="_blank"><font style="vertical-align: inherit;"><font style="vertical-align: inherit;">youtu.be</font></font></a>
<font style="vertical-align: inherit;"><font style="vertical-align: inherit;">
tono de oscilación bpm en serato</font></font>

Acabo de recibir mi par y esto me está volviendo loco! </font></font>
"Mejorado" de un par de MK5 y nunca experimenté este tipo de oscilación. </font><font style="vertical-align: inherit;">Por lo general hago mezclas largas con mi música y ocasionalmente tengo que mover el control deslizante de tono. </font><font style="vertical-align: inherit;">Ahora mi mano está constantemente en el control deslizante de tono haciendo ajustes para compensar. </font><font style="vertical-align: inherit;">Incluso con el reinicio de tono activado y anti-deriva, la pista en reproducción oscila entre .01 y .03 más lenta y más rápida ... ¿este comportamiento esperado se debe al tono digital en estos modelos más nuevos? </font></font>
¿Pensé que el motor debía ser mejorado? </font><font style="vertical-align: inherit;">El tono parece ser menos estable ahora en comparación con mis MK5. </font></font>
Terminé enviando a Technics una consulta de soporte. </font><font style="vertical-align: inherit;">Vamos a ver con qué me devuelven.
</font></font>
in my mk2 I never step now with an mk5 yes, I'm testing the cdj1000mk3 and the pitch is perfect
david07 12:50 PM - 10 December, 2019
I am currently using an mk5 technics and a rp8000 reloop and I am quite happy, but the bpm swing is still happening, you must wait a few seconds until it stops, although one ends getting used to it, when I remember my mk2..uff that was perfect
DJ JulioYEG 7:19 AM - 13 December, 2019
Quote:
I am currently using an mk5 technics and a rp8000 reloop and I am quite happy, but the bpm swing is still happening, you must wait a few seconds until it stops, although one ends getting used to it, when I remember my mk2..uff that was perfect

is your anti drift enabled in settings?
david07 6:05 PM - 13 December, 2019
Dj Julio
I have to correct, it is not the bpm but the tenths that oscillates, and if the anti drift is enabled