DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Chassis mount xlr and power to odessey road case.

RyanC721 7:17 PM - 5 January, 2019
Anyone have any tips so I don’t crack the wood or anything ? Do I mount the power on the other side or can I do it 2 inches from the xlrs? I don’t want to screw up my $300 road case.
Logisticalstyles 9:22 PM - 5 January, 2019
I tried to do this with an IEC power connector and 1/4" connectors. The 1/4" connectors was a poorly though out solution. I should have done XLR or recessed RCAs. I never really finished the project. I mounted the connectors but never hooked my turntables up to them. I may eventually finish the project.

BTW the wood never cracked when I was using my power drill and saw to cut the holes.
DJ Reflex 10:04 PM - 5 January, 2019
Dremel Tool (router bit) works well. And yes, you can mount the power on the same side as the XLR connections.
DJ Guayo 2:03 PM - 8 January, 2019
i would opt for a powercon connector for power. it locks in place and you don't have to worry about it coming loose.
DJ Reflex 4:16 AM - 9 January, 2019
^^ Good point, but IEC is way more common if you need one in a pinch. I accidentally left my powercon cable home once and was panicked before the gig. I had to scalp one off a light fixture for the night. IEC area dime a dozen. Be sure to carry spares!
DJ Guayo 9:55 PM - 10 January, 2019
Quote:
^^ Good point, but IEC is way more common if you need one in a pinch. I accidentally left my powercon cable home once and was panicked before the gig. I had to scalp one off a light fixture for the night. IEC area dime a dozen. Be sure to carry spares!

Great point. I always carry spare and even keep a few in my ride just in case.
DJ JulioYEG 2:26 AM - 11 January, 2019
Quote:

they are so expensive i made my own buddys a electrician gave me as much cable as i wanted. made some 5s 10s 15s 25s and 50 footers cost me $160 bucks well worth it if you have moving heads and use totems