Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Using 4 Novation Dicers

MuzzaDJ 6:28 PM - 30 December, 2018
Hi guys, first time posting here but got a lot of valuable information from the forum over the years.

I'm wondering if it's possible to use 4 dicers at once for 4 cdjs? Is it a case of map your own buttons with the dicers or do they come pre mapped and you just select the deck to assign to? Any help is appreciated!
Despo 12:47 AM - 31 December, 2018
Why use 4 pairs of dicers? You can use the cdjs in hid and have all the controls on the Players
RR437T 1:22 AM - 31 December, 2018
You can use them, and they don't come pre mapped. I would get a Launchpad instead. You would only need one, and you can do more with it.
MuzzaDJ 8:53 AM - 31 December, 2018
Thanks for the replies. I can't use my CDJs in HID mode as I am using 1000's which aren't supported. Also I already have a xone k1 sat next to my mixer but I am looking to take physical cue point buttons to each deck and possibly sell the k1. I often mix with a mate both on the decks at once, 2 pairs headphones over 4 decks so it can quickly become a mess or arms when someone is using the mixer and someone is using the controller both in the middle of the setup. Can get second hand dicers very cheap so just exploring my options at the moment.
dj_soo 9:20 AM - 31 December, 2018
Pioneer sp-1 can control 4 decks