Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

Pioneer DDJ SB, dj intro/lite "hardware disconnected/audio connection failed"

mmxumatik 12:03 PM - 29 December, 2018
For years I’ve used my SB and it worked well, but my PC is old now, so I bought a new 1 TB SSD to speed it up. I installed a new Win10, new software (I also use this laptop for work), and I wanted to install my SB and Serato Dj Intro, but when I plug in the controller, Serato gives me the messages “hardware is disconnected” and “audio connection failed”. It seems the controller works ok, and so does the USB cable. I checked the MIDI setup with MIDI-OX on, and it seem to be ok too with all midi signals. I even managed to play some songs with the SB soundcard. I made sure my sound card is the default device, but it didn’t help. The decks flash for a second and disappear. There are no conflicts in the device manager. It also tried different drivers from Microsoft, the SB DVD and the manufacturer’s website but nothing worked. My PC is a Toshiba Satellite P755-11N. I made a firmware update in SB too.
I installed it on two more PC's, one of them was another laptop of my friend and it doesn't work, another was my desktop PC and it works!
Any help would be appreciated!
Taurus L. Freeman 3:41 AM - 7 January, 2019
I'm having the same problem. Received a Gemini Serato Slate 2 for Christmas. I keep receiving "Audio connection failed." Contacted Support, followed their instruction and problem solving solutions. Contacted a second time, with no response.

Downloaded MIDI - OX, connection works. Downloaded Gemini Update, and does't function after a plethora of attempts. Computer Specs are beyond the requirements. I made sure my sound card is the default device, but it didn’t help. Purchased speaker monitors, with no luck.

The decks flash for a second and disappear. There are no conflicts in the device manager.
Restarted computer, uninstalled and reloaded software, visited and followed multiple website and video directions and even edited the "regedit."

Please advise, or I will have to return product and get a more applicable device and software program.
shieldsman 10:26 PM - 21 January, 2019
The support is an absolute joke I was going to buy this but I don’t think I’m actually going to bother unless it’s sorted ASAP
markusveralius 7:02 AM - 30 January, 2019
It looks like they've removed support for DJ Intro to push people into using DJ Lite and Pro. I'm having the same connection problems as mentioned above (DDJ-SB). Serato says the hardware is still supported, yet multiple users are finding this is not the case.
mixsinghmusic 9:27 PM - 17 February, 2019
Ok same problem for me. I've tracked it down to where I think the issue is - it looks to be a Windows 10 update. There is a support page here, which then made me go and look at when my laptop last updated itself. 24th January - version 1809.

Link to webpage: support.serato.com

The problem is that I already have version 1.1 of Serato and running the installer again has not improved or changed the situation.

Have you all seen this? Can you check your windows update history and see if this is the same version?