DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Technics event Jan 7th - possible dj table announcement?

dj_soo 11:51 PM - 27 December, 2018
www.technics.com

Lots of big name djs involved - possibly a 1200 mk7? Or some dj oriented deck to be announced?
Mr. Goodkat 12:35 AM - 28 December, 2018
if it is a tt, its about 5 years too late.
DJ Irv 1:32 AM - 28 December, 2018
They finally figured out there are a lot more DJ's in the world than rich audiophiles.
577er 1:32 AM - 28 December, 2018
Quote:
They finally figured out there are a lot more DJ's in the world than rich audiophiles.

Ha! This was my first thought
DJ Irv 1:53 AM - 28 December, 2018
They've boxed themselves into a corner. They can't release an MK7 with the new motor from the G/GR/GAE for cheaper than the 1200G/GR/GAE without cannibalizing sales. The best they can do is re-release the MK6 (call it an MK7) add more pitch range and replaceable RCA's like the MK4 had. They'll have to do this for around $1000usd. I have very little hope for Technics to produce a MK7 DJ's can afford with more features than the PLX-1000. Mr Goodkat said it best "5 years too late"
monchi 3:01 AM - 28 December, 2018
Many here said the the Rane 12 was 10 years too late and they selling okay , just saying
Mr. Goodkat 3:45 AM - 28 December, 2018
what numbers do you have on sales of the twelve?

im yet to see a pair in the wild club or home
dj_soo 10:07 AM - 28 December, 2018
Quote:
Many here said the the Rane 12 was 10 years too late and they selling okay , just saying

I think the Twelves actually came at the right time.

10 years ago, Serato was at its peak with - Traktor Scratch a distant second - and the Technics DZ1200 and Numark CDX had failed miserably due mainly to quality issues. Several companies were trying their hand at spinning platter CDJs, but none of them stuck for a variety of reasons. With Serato, few turntable DJs were really willing to spend the money on brand new players when their tech 12s were still going strong. Pioneer was just breaking into the player market with the CDJ 1000 MK3 and was a year away from releasing the 2000.

By the time 2010 rolled around, Traktor revolutionized the market with an affordable, full featured controller in the S4 - which provided an established software to go with the controller
(vs the Xponent that was using the problematic and unproven Torq software) - while Pioneer was revolutionizing the standalone market with the CDJ 2000 that didn't require any laptops.

By 2012, the V7s and the NS7 came out but by then, the static platter options were so varied and common that most DJs outside of scratch DJs realized that spinning platters were completely unnecessary. Most spinning platter holdouts were still using techs with Serato or Traktor Scratch and the V7s failed to put a dent in the market while the NS7 was relatively successful but still niche.

Fast forward to today and Technics bowed out of the DJ game, Pioneer rules the roost with the standalone model, and everyone's Techs are 10 years older with parts becoming more scarce and more expensive. DJs that had never experienced the industry outside of controllers and CDJs are starting to get interested in vinyl and spinning platters, and more DJs are itching for the turntable experience, but without the problems associated with using turntables at gigs. Add to that Shure discontinuing needles and you have the perfect storm for people wanting something like the Twelves to scratch that itch for spinning platters.
dj_soo 10:09 AM - 28 December, 2018
Quote:
what numbers do you have on sales of the twelve?

im yet to see a pair in the wild club or home

They sold well enough that they are still pretty scarce and they were able to produce a new batch with altered cable connection placement in less than a year.
Chino 12:37 PM - 28 December, 2018
Quote:
www.technics.com

Lots of big name djs involved - possibly a 1200 mk7? Or some dj oriented deck to be announced?

Everytime I say to myself that, "I'm done buying new gear", an above announcement is made! Lol

I love my new set of SLDZ MKII mods but I would not hesitate to buy a new portable set of Technics decks if released.
popnwave 3:39 PM - 28 December, 2018
~2 weeks before NAMM? Good way to build some hype!
Chino 4:22 PM - 28 December, 2018
I did hear whispers of a new Technics deck but then Traktor 3 was released with the S4MKIII. I thought maybe that was what the rumors were about.

Maybe the Technics rumors are actually true...
popnwave 4:48 PM - 28 December, 2018
Honestly, if they did resurrect that DZ1200 concept and updated it, I would give it a look.

What are the odds it's a controller style vs a proper turntable?
Djkom 6:53 PM - 28 December, 2018
Quote:
Honestly, if they did resurrect that DZ1200 concept and updated it, I would give it a look.

What are the odds it's a controller style vs a proper turntable?

Could also explain the price drop of SC5000/SC5000M ... so probably an hybrid concept with static and motorized platter like the Traktor S4 MKIII

Quite exciting news !
Mr. Goodkat 7:33 PM - 28 December, 2018
Quote:
DJs that had never experienced the industry outside of controllers and CDJs are starting to get interested in vinyl and spinning platters, and more DJs are itching for the turntable experience,

disagree

recently i had a under 30 bring vinyl. he didnt have a cart/stylus, record brush or slip mat with his 30-40 record 'crate'. once younger guys realize the expense and inconvenience, i don't see it lasting.

its the same reason ppl switched to and stayed with dvs.

guys plus 30, especially plus 35-40 are stil playing their collections, but most of those guys know that any technics will do and i don't see them buying a new 800-1200 tech.

who knows maybe they get it down to 600$ which seems like a realistic price point for larger sales, but i doubt it.

as far as the twelve goes, i'd still like to see the units sold. who knows how the two production runs were set up and the numbers
Matt Sherman 7:41 PM - 28 December, 2018
I am a Pioneer fan but I must admit that the SC5000M looks sick although I have never played on one.
HighTopFade 5:19 PM - 29 December, 2018
I imagine a 1200GR with a missing tonearm. More sturdy feet. No hinges and dustcovers. On the tonearm section, an SD and USB slot with basic forward/reverse buttons. $999.00
Mr. Goodkat 9:40 PM - 29 December, 2018
Quote:
I imagine a 1200GR with a missing tonearm. More sturdy feet. No hinges and dustcovers. On the tonearm section, an SD and USB slot with basic forward/reverse buttons. $999.00

that would be a good take
desmorider 6:57 PM - 30 December, 2018
I bet it will be the mini SL-700’s Biz Markie uses. I know they were made by another company, but a bunch of dj’s are using 45’s.

djworx.com
Culprit 10:50 PM - 30 December, 2018
The charter is a sl1200mk5 rebranded at $999
Culprit 10:51 PM - 30 December, 2018
*chatter
YZ 4:02 PM - 31 December, 2018
I've always been saying, if Technics and Technics only made a 2 deck + mixer platform\controller set... take my money.
eugguy 6:38 PM - 31 December, 2018
gonna be a 10-inch turntable - style rane twelve - with a cdj/rane 72 touch screen -
Chino 4:00 PM - 1 January, 2019
Quote:
gonna be a 10-inch turntable - style rane twelve - with a cdj/rane 72 touch screen -

: ) Return of the King: Technics!!
DJ Irv 5:25 PM - 1 January, 2019
If DJ Worx is correct it's a turntable modeled after the new GR models.
djworx.com

I would be surprised to see it using the new motor but, I been wrong before. The color scheme looks like black paint on black buttons. I'm starting to wonder if they are shifting production to southeast Asia to make them cheaper (hope not).
Djkom 5:46 PM - 1 January, 2019
Seriously, who is still interesting by old style turntables new products now ??? Still don't understand all the hype around making more fat ass turntables when the 2nd market is full of very reliable stuff !
Reminds me a video that shows that everything, especially technologies, has evolved a lot in the last 40 years, except school...and we must admit turntables too !!!

If it's just another 12" basic turntable, it will be a shame for Technics. They just want to catch up some money now the market is increasing (for bad reasons ) when they had the technology and the reputation to make something really strongly built and more up-to-date !
Culprit 7:15 AM - 2 January, 2019
Quote:
Seriously, who is still interesting by old style turntables new products now ??? Still don't understand all the hype around making more fat ass turntables when the 2nd market is full of very reliable stuff !
Reminds me a video that shows that everything, especially technologies, has evolved a lot in the last 40 years, except school...and we must admit turntables too !!!

If it's just another 12" basic turntable, it will be a shame for Technics. They just want to catch up some money now the market is increasing (for bad reasons ) when they had the technology and the reputation to make something really strongly built and more up-to-date !

Could be just Panasonic stretching themselves to thin, or shifts in power internally within the company. So many different factors at play globally and economically. I don't get what all the hate is about with the Hanpin model turntables. We're using software to mix and scratch now, what's the big deal.
Bob Rokk 8:28 AM - 2 January, 2019
a new 1200 could be fine..but i think (forecast) that price will be 'out of range'..let see..
dj scottie b 1:41 PM - 2 January, 2019
Quote:
I bet it will be the mini SL-700’s Biz Markie uses. I know they were made by another company, but a bunch of dj’s are using 45’s.

djworx.com

but with a digital lean..i could see that
HighTopFade 5:41 PM - 2 January, 2019
Quote:
I'm starting to wonder if they are shifting production to southeast Asia to make them cheaper (hope not).

I wouldn't be surprised. I wouldn't be disappointed either. But if they did, I'm sure it would still be a good looking deck. Always curious about Super OEM but didn't actually purchase until the PLX1000 came out. I paid extra for (in my opinion) an aesthetically pleasing Super OEM deck. I would pay the same for a Technics Hanpin.
Mr. Goodkat 8:34 PM - 2 January, 2019
technics waited too long and brought out a expensive turntable that isnt selling most likely.

they have all the parts and manufacturing setup so they realized that they need to make it cheaper and aim at djs because audiophiles have much better options at that price point and spec
popnwave 9:33 PM - 2 January, 2019
Quote:
technics waited too long and brought out a expensive turntable that isnt selling most likely.

they have all the parts and manufacturing setup so they realized that they need to make it cheaper and aim at djs because audiophiles have much better options at that price point and spec

I still don't know anyone who has one of the insanely expensive models to do a side by side. Wonder if there's a YouTube video of anyone comparing.
dj_soo 9:40 PM - 2 January, 2019
Mojaxx did a review of the GRs And has a mk5 right next to it (albeit a modded one)

youtu.be
YZ 10:36 PM - 2 January, 2019
You guys are so fixated on the fact that there is going to be a new turntable. Not saying you're wrong, but don't hold your breath for some other product that could be on the horizon (ie, controller or mixer of some sorts)
popnwave 11:15 PM - 2 January, 2019
Quote:
You guys are so fixated on the fact that there is going to be a new turntable. Not saying you're wrong, but don't hold your breath for some other product that could be on the horizon (ie, controller or mixer of some sorts)

I'd find it a bit odd that they used a turntable in the promotional material, only to find out that wasn't it.
Mr. Goodkat 11:49 PM - 2 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

I'd find it a bit odd that they used a turntable in the promotional material, only to find out that wasn't it.

this.
Djkom 12:14 AM - 3 January, 2019
Quote:

In djworx article, there's a link on the Technics Stand at NAMM: namm19.mapyourshow.com

It's pretty big stand (just in front of Pioneer) for just one turntable new product... it seems as big as the whole inMusic (Rane+Denon+Numark...etc) stand !!!

This + Denon prime series price drop + Pioneer quietness ... looks like something is happening behind the scenes...or not
Mr. Goodkat 12:27 AM - 3 January, 2019
technics is owned by panasonic which is publiccally traded has a 34.9 billion market cap, worth far more than inmusic.

from what i can see inmusic/jack o'donnell is worth about 1/100th of that at 314 milion and not publically traded.

means more money to spend at trade shows
Djkom 1:05 AM - 3 January, 2019
Quote:
technics is owned by panasonic which is publiccally traded has a 34.9 billion market cap, worth far more than inmusic.

from what i can see inmusic/jack o'donnell is worth about 1/100th of that at 314 milion and not publically traded.

Off topic, brands and theirs holding are completly seperated when it comes to marketing and communication. Panasonic has nothing to do at NAMM shows, and cannot (legally) allocate dedicated budget to Technics just for trade shows.
Even financially, it doesn't make sense to spend some much communication money just for one product in such market nich (Native instruments doesn't attend to trade shows anymore because it's not profitable even they have bunch of products)
Mr. Goodkat 9:21 AM - 3 January, 2019
i guess we'll see.
Matt Sherman 12:51 AM - 4 January, 2019
Man I hate always having to keep up with the jones.
DJ Irv 1:21 AM - 4 January, 2019
Mr. Goodkat 2:43 AM - 4 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Off topic, brands and theirs holding are completly seperated when it comes to marketing and communication. Panasonic has nothing to do at NAMM shows, and cannot (legally) allocate dedicated budget to Technics just for trade shows.
Even financially, it doesn't make sense to spend some much communication money just for one product in such market nich (Native instruments doesn't attend to trade shows anymore because it's not profitable even they have bunch of products)

i still cant believe i didnt say this makes zero sense. im off to a great 2019
Djkom 2:50 AM - 4 January, 2019
Quote:
New Teaser
Watchwww.youtube.com

Boring as hell !!! "create a new standard" they say 😒
All that noise for a basic turntable, are they serious ???
Technics has already lost the game IMO
Chino 2:52 AM - 4 January, 2019
Quote:
New Teaser
Watchwww.youtube.com

Soooo, is this the new standard? Do you think Technics will release a smaller, portable version?
Chino 3:00 AM - 4 January, 2019
Im feeling the hype. There is just something magical about 1200s...

Watchm.youtube.com
Culprit 3:13 PM - 4 January, 2019
Most people don't need a beamer or mercedes but it still sell's well. I could be totally wrong about it, but people going to go out and get one just because it's an update. I welcome it with open arms after I put it in that perspective.
Djkom 3:57 PM - 4 January, 2019
Quote:
Most people don't need a beamer or mercedes but it still sell's well. I could be totally wrong about it, but people going to go out and get one just because it's an update. I welcome it with open arms after I put it in that perspective.

This is where I see an issue !

Mercedes, Bmw, Audi sell very well because technologically there are on top and there are more and more rich people, there is a a real growing market share for this business.
I'm sorry but I can't see the same for "basic turntables" even if there are strongly build because nowadays with dvs systems and motorized controllers.

People buy turntables just because of vinyl reborn and #realdj hastag but it's just a temporary hype.

SL1200/1210 notoriety came from djs and build quality...now the dj scene are more digital oriented and fundamentally we don't need analog turntables to be so highly built.

I could be wrong but if Technics just bring this mk7 without new stuff beside (mixer, digital player...) and a real strategy to gain dj scene as their name deserves, they will stop again turntables production in less than 5 years.
GusGomez 4:08 PM - 4 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

This is where I see an issue !

Mercedes, Bmw, Audi sell very well because technologically there are on top and there are more and more rich people, there is a a real growing market share for this business.
I'm sorry but I can't see the same for "basic turntables" even if there are strongly build because nowadays with dvs systems and motorized controllers.

People buy turntables just because of vinyl reborn and #realdj hastag but it's just a temporary hype.

SL1200/1210 notoriety came from djs and build quality...now the dj scene are more digital oriented and fundamentally we don't need analog turntables to be so highly built.

I could be wrong but if Technics just bring this mk7 without new stuff beside (mixer, digital player...) and a real strategy to gain dj scene as their name deserves, they will stop again turntables production in less than 5 years.

I agree I'm over the whole carrying back up stylus and backup Vinyl and stylus cleaner and all the b.s...that's the main reasons i purchased the Rane Twelve's... if Tech's really wanna make a splash then make a 10" controller style turntable that's both portable and gives you that turntable feel .
So Fresh 6:49 PM - 4 January, 2019
Please be a Technics media player and not a vinyl turntable
Chino 7:23 PM - 4 January, 2019
Quote:
if Tech's really wanna make a splash then make a 10" controller style turntable that's both portable and gives you that turntable feel .

This may just be the beginning. There could be more products down the line...
HighTopFade 8:15 PM - 4 January, 2019
Not feeling this "Create New Standard" ad. The only thing more you can do to a DJ turntable (that plays vinyl) that hasn't been done already is add a 4% pitch range.
So Fresh 8:23 PM - 4 January, 2019
It’s got to be a standerlone media player
The Return of Dj Sparky 10:43 PM - 4 January, 2019
its going to be a mk7, now if it was a hybrid vinyl and digital that would take the market by storm, but if its jusy a regular tt with a updated motor then fuck it, it will still sell but nothing like a hybrid
Culprit 8:03 PM - 5 January, 2019
Could be just a short run for hype as well. 500 units at a time for the first run, 250 people get first dibs. Test the market.
Mr. Goodkat 10:46 PM - 5 January, 2019
Quote:
Could be just a short run for hype as well. 500 units at a time for the first run, 250 people get first dibs. Test the market.

nah
HK1200 3:21 PM - 6 January, 2019
Wonder if it'll come in Piano Back and Gold?
DJ Irv 3:34 PM - 6 January, 2019
Quote:
Wonder if it'll come in Piano Back and Gold?

Happy to still have a pair of SL-1200GLD's
HK1200 3:35 PM - 6 January, 2019
You're living the dream. Do you use them, or are they just display pieces?
DJ Irv 3:47 PM - 6 January, 2019
Quote:
You're living the dream. Do you use them, or are they just display pieces?

I put them into storage. I used them for about a decade but, when Technics discontinued the 1200 I knew it was time to look at them as a collectors piece.
HighTopFade 7:48 PM - 7 January, 2019
www.theverge.com

I wonder the MSRP
GusGomez 8:07 PM - 7 January, 2019
Quote:
www.theverge.com

I wonder the MSRP

As much as I love Techs times have change there’s way too many TT & or TT Hybrid options on the market they have to compete around the $799 range
HighTopFade 8:19 PM - 7 January, 2019
I think they can get away with 1k if Made In Japan. The consumers I imagine purchasing this are first time Technics owners, and Technics loyalists who want the increased pitch range.
popnwave 8:23 PM - 7 January, 2019
Might sound silly, but to create a purely analog device for current DJs is a big whiff and miss.

Since the pics show no new controls on the top (like a Reloop) I hope at least the guts have a big upgrade out of dampening. A USB out along with the analog outputs so some sort of MIDI/HID could be achieved (no I don't care about USB for audio ripping) easily. Will wait to see some videos of the demos with the DJs on the event lineup to see what they are doing on the hardware.
deezlee 8:36 PM - 7 January, 2019
Yeah the only way that I'd use anything but my (old) 1200s is if these have crazy dampening/feedback protection.
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:43 PM - 7 January, 2019
Quote:
Will wait to see some videos of the demos with the DJs on the event lineup to see what they are doing on the hardware.

youtu.be

Quote:
Quote:
www.theverge.com

I wonder the MSRP

As much as I love Techs times have change there’s way too many TT & or TT Hybrid options on the market they have to compete around the $799 range

Yeah price is key.

Official statement

www.technics.com
Chino 8:55 PM - 7 January, 2019
www.theverge.com

Maybe this is a 1, 2 combo punch from Technics? Create interest and hype with a re-release of the SL-1200 first, then hit us secondly with a surprise new product range at NAMM?

Or maybe I'm just being too optimistic? Either way it's nice to see Technics back in the game...
So Fresh 9:01 PM - 7 January, 2019
Seems like a mistake not to bring something new to the table:(
Chino 9:09 PM - 7 January, 2019
Quote:
Seems like a mistake not to bring something new to the table:(

I agree. Let's see what NAMM brings us. 'Til then... keep rockin' the SLDZ MKII mods ; ) !!
Illiment 9:13 PM - 7 January, 2019
that matte black is sexy af.
Mr. Goodkat 9:23 PM - 7 January, 2019
BOORRRRRIIIIIINNNNNNG
Chino 9:26 PM - 7 January, 2019
Quote:

Hell YEA! lol My 14+ year old 1200s work perfectly fine BUT maybe I'll sell them to have a minty fresh new set at home...
Chino 9:28 PM - 7 January, 2019
Quote:
BOORRRRRIIIIIINNNNNNG

I could be wrong but my gut is telling me that Panasonic may have something else new to unveil...
Chino 9:33 PM - 7 January, 2019
Think about it like this... A re-release of a SL-1200 after 10+ years is a big deal but not NAMM main floor 'big deal'.

Now a re-release PLUS a new product range unveiled at NAMM on the main floor right in front of Pioneer IS BIG DAWG status!!!
Djkom 10:42 PM - 7 January, 2019
Quote:
BOORRRRRIIIIIINNNNNNG

+100000000000000
Djkom 10:52 PM - 7 January, 2019
Quote:

Finally I think you were right :-(

Technics is back only because Panasonic has invested tons of money since the reborn...

No real evolution strategy....let's wait NAMM before concluding

As I long time dj who started with SL1200/SL1210, I'm very disappointed !
What's your opinion guys ? Do you really think you or your friends would buy this mk7 even if it's "good priced" ???
Djkom 10:54 PM - 7 January, 2019
Even the Denon VL12 or Reloop RP8000 are WAYY more interesting than this dummy MK7 !
Chino 11:02 PM - 7 January, 2019
“We wouldn’t dream of drastically changing one of the most renowned products in music history. This product has stood the test of time. As part of our revival of our storied @technics brand we have re-engaged the DJ community.”
– Michael Moskowitz, Consumer Electronics President, Panasonic

"As PART of our revival"... this says it all directly from Panasonic.

Part 1- Re-release the SL-1200
Part 2- We shall see...
Chino 11:21 PM - 7 January, 2019
Technics re-engaging the DJ community is comparable to...

Discovering that Biggie & Tupac are alive & now making new music together!!
Illiment 11:42 PM - 7 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Hell YEA! lol My 14+ year old 1200s work perfectly fine BUT maybe I'll sell them to have a minty fresh new set at home...

haha i was thinking the same, mine are mint, plus I got the twelves but these got me considering a matte black plasti-dip job bc I can't get over how clean these look. +-16% would be nice too. Not worth the upgrade, but if they magically bust out the sl700's i'm all over that shit.
Mr. Goodkat 11:44 PM - 7 January, 2019
technics was never into the dj community. So it would be more like your ex that left you after you did everything for her, but then realizing they couldn't get anyone better so she starts calling you and flirting with you again, with a new hair style and better perfume.
Illiment 11:46 PM - 7 January, 2019
The business mogul talk on here everytime new gear drops is thoroughly entertaining.
Chino 12:16 AM - 8 January, 2019
Quote:
technics was never into the dj community. So it would be more like your ex that left you after you did everything for her, but then realizing they couldn't get anyone better so she starts calling you and flirting with you again, with a new hair style and better perfume.

LMAO!!
Papa Midnight 12:21 AM - 8 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
www.theverge.com

I wonder the MSRP

Yeah price is key.

Official statement

www.technics.com

I'm just wondering what the price is, and why no one seems to know what it is. Though, that said, depending on the price of these, prices on M5Gs are going to possibly tank.
DJ Merci 1:31 AM - 8 January, 2019
www.technics.com

Is this the new Tables??
lvmez 1:51 AM - 8 January, 2019
No.
lvmez 1:52 AM - 8 January, 2019
"Technics Introduces the "New", Long-awaited Direct Drive Turntable SL-1200MK7* Series with Technology for Outstanding Sound Quality
*The European model is the SL-1210MK7.*
"January 2019""
Illiment 3:43 AM - 8 January, 2019
I heard 1700. fuuuuuuuuuuck that.
Mr. Goodkat 3:55 AM - 8 January, 2019
you know pioneer is gonna make a better deck than the plx 1000 and price it cheaper than this new technic
lvmez 4:07 AM - 8 January, 2019
Quote:
you know pioneer is gonna make a better deck than the plx 1000 and price it cheaper than this new technic

Nope. Why wouldn't you do it right the first time? They are not interested in making quality equipment. They have enough fan boys that pay top dollar for plastic.
Chino 4:57 AM - 8 January, 2019
Quote:
I heard 1700

With a street price of $1500 per deck. This sounds about right.

These days people are paying 1500-2000 for 'high end' plastic controllers. A new Technics SL-1200 has more tangible value than a plastic controller. Controllers are disposible products purposely made to be inferior within a year or two. A well maintained 1200 will last your entire DJ career.

No hate on controllers but I would rather spend $$$ on a well manufactured instrument like a Technics SL-1200. It will last a lifetime.
Chino 5:06 AM - 8 January, 2019
If I compare turntables alone-price/value/performance....

I will put Technics up against any turntable out. The undisputed best turntable ever made! Period.

Thats not fanboy talk. Thats just facts!!!
dj_soo 5:13 AM - 8 January, 2019
that seems a little steep considering the GRs are $1600 each.

I was thinking more $1000-$1200.

Guess we'll see.
Chino 5:36 AM - 8 January, 2019
Quote:
I was thinking more $1000-$1200.

I certainly hope your right. I just dont want people to have 'sticker shock' if it ends up costing more. Obviously, Technics costs more because of the quality.

I guess the real question is if people are willing to pay more for actual quality components OR will they continue to pay for cheap plastic parts marketed as 'quality'?
dj_soo 5:48 AM - 8 January, 2019
Pioneer could slap their logo on a literal piece of shit and not only would people buy it, but they would be telling everyone they knew that they "had" to buy it if they wanted to be familiar with the "standard."
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:11 AM - 8 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
I heard 1700

With a street price of $1500 per deck. This sounds about right.

These days people are paying 1500-2000 for 'high end' plastic controllers. A new Technics SL-1200 has more tangible value than a plastic controller. Controllers are disposible products purposely made to be inferior within a year or two. A well maintained 1200 will last your entire DJ career.

No hate on controllers but I would rather spend $$$ on a well manufactured instrument like a Technics SL-1200. It will last a lifetime.

To me 😋 a €300 controller actually does more & more practical than a turntable.

€1500 is bonkers if its true. That kool-aid must be extra chilled.

My pair of ST 150 are 8 years old & like new.Technics SL1200 alleged longevity is beginning to look like a myth to me.

I have the Technics SL1210 MK5 as well btw.
Papa Midnight 6:38 AM - 8 January, 2019
Quote:

Out of curiosity -- no hate here: what would you quantify as a "'high end' plastic controller" that is "made to be inferior within a year or two"? I only ask because my NS7 and V7s are still going strong.

That said, at the time of their release, NS7s retailed for $1,599.00 (plus the NSFX of course). In turn, V7's retailed for $799 each.

That put them in right in line with pricing seen on units such as the Stanton STR8 150 ($798.86) and the Pioneer PLX-1000 ($849).

Quote:
I heard 1700. fuuuuuuuuuuck that.

If the target market is DJs, then that would be absolutely ridiculous. Let's assume a unit street price of $1400-1500 - just for margins sake at retail.

Currently, at retail, the Reloop RP-8000 goes for $699.99.

The Stanton STR8.150 is going for $599.99 at retail.

The Pioneer PLX-1000 is going for $699.00 at retail.

Name power is strong, but name power isn't so strong as to justify nearly twice the price of competing units in the market right now - especially for something that offers nothing more than what was previously seen on the Technics SL1210M5G.
dj_soo 6:57 AM - 8 January, 2019
my 18 year old M3Ds are running like new.

I can't see this being successful unless it's in the $1000 range although lower would be better.

Their marketing vid specifically stated it was supposed to be a "low price" and "music for all" - if they think $1500 is a low price for DJs, they are delusional.

I think at $1000, the biggest loser is going to be the Denon VL12s since no one is going to buy the $900 VL12 if a technics is available for just a hundred more.
The Return of Dj Sparky 7:55 AM - 8 January, 2019
Tecnics are waiting to guage how much DJs are willing to pay, it's gonna be 900 each probably
Culprit 8:18 AM - 8 January, 2019
This run is going to be for the die hard technics base I don't understand why everyone is making such a big deal about this release. I don't think out the gate anyone is thinking they are going to sell huge amounts of these units including Panasonic themselves. Limited edition items go on sale all the time, especially in the entertainment industry. Everything aint Costco Style or Sams Club guys go outside and get some h20 and chill out
Culprit 8:18 AM - 8 January, 2019
Quote:
Tecnics are waiting to guage how much DJs are willing to pay, it's gonna be 900 each probably

Exactly, they are testing the market
Djkom 9:49 AM - 8 January, 2019
DAMNNNN

The answer from reloop:

www.instagram.com

www.instagram.com

Reloop ELITE mixer and Reloop RP 8000 mk2 !!!!

In your face Technics and Pioneer !!!
GusGomez 9:51 AM - 8 January, 2019
Quote:
DAMNNNN

The answer from reloop:

www.instagram.com

www.instagram.com

Damn! That’s dope as fuck
GusGomez 9:52 AM - 8 January, 2019
Quote:
DAMNNNN

The answer from reloop:

www.instagram.com

www.instagram.com

And look at that price wow
dj_soo 10:48 AM - 8 January, 2019
that mixer looks dope
So Fresh 11:38 AM - 8 January, 2019
Yup that’s what I had in my head

Well done reloop.
Chino 3:05 PM - 8 January, 2019
Quote:
Out of curiosity -- no hate here: what would you quantify as a "'high end' plastic controller"

I consider the Roland DJ-808(which I own) to be a 'high end plastic controller'. It retailed for 1499 at release. The Pioneer SZ/SZ2 are two other examples. All of these controllers are primarily made of plastic & will be obsolete in the near future. Maybe not quite as soon as I stated above(1 or 2yrs). Will we see these controllers in heavy use 5 or 10 years down the road? I highly doubt it. Will the SL-1200 still be in use 5 or 10 years down the road? Absolutely!
Chino 3:29 PM - 8 January, 2019
Quote:
€1500 is bonkers if its true. That kool-aid must be extra chilled.

So I took a step back, calmed down a bit & thought about it...

As many of you can clearly see, Im quite passionate about Technics (LOL). The Reloop product announcement has helped me to put things in perspective. That mixer looks dope. Let's see if the Reloops can stand the test of time...
Chino 3:34 PM - 8 January, 2019
Quote:

[quote
I think at $1000, the biggest loser is going to be the Denon VL12s since no one is going to buy the $900 VL12 if a Technics is available for just a hundred more.

True.
Djkom 3:38 PM - 8 January, 2019
Quote:
DAMNNNN

The answer from reloop:

www.instagram.com

www.instagram.com

Wish the RP 8000 mk2 has gone beyond regarding the design.
It mixes battle style layout controls (pad mode, serato logo...etc) AND traditionnal layout controls (pitch, bpm display...etc)...
Switchable controls, like for Numark TTX, would have been perfect !!!
AKIEM 3:42 PM - 8 January, 2019
Technics will never ever put midi buttons on a deck no matter how well it works....
Gio Alex 3:52 PM - 8 January, 2019
Quote:
DAMNNNN

The answer from reloop:

www.instagram.com

www.instagram.com

an in your face to Rane too in a way. Since it also serves as a turntable as well for probably the same price.
Culprit 3:59 PM - 8 January, 2019
loosing the tonearm is a huge win for the Rane Twelve though
Gio Alex 4:02 PM - 8 January, 2019
yeah I hear ya... Those pesky tonearms. Some of us don't wanna pay 800 each for a midi controller though. Some us like the idea that a device can do more than just use it for serato for that price.
Culprit 4:08 PM - 8 January, 2019
Quote:
yeah I hear ya... Those pesky tonearms. Some of us don't wanna pay 800 each for a midi controller though. Some us like the idea that a device can do more than just use it for serato for that price.

Exactly, thats why all the majors are fighting for the business, win win for everyone. Who is still not satisfied in 2019 with these major wins for djs everywhere. If your not happy with whats coming out, stick to what you got. This is the best time to be a dj to be honest.
Culprit 4:11 PM - 8 January, 2019
To be honest, i would have never thought of Rane or Technics ever making a comeback. The US economy is so shakey, industry retail giants are failing and going bankrupt, it's actually really satisfying to see some movement in the entertainment industry, even if it's rebranded or repurposed stuff.
Gio Alex 4:22 PM - 8 January, 2019
yeah true, i wouldn't think it either. Both seem to be a bit late, but who knows. Maybe they'll catch up. That reloop 8000mk2 tho seems to be listening to what DJs want. And I'm not even a reloop person.
GusGomez 5:13 PM - 8 January, 2019
To Be honest if Denondj would make a version of the sc5000m with a ten inch platter that would be it standalone 10” spinning platters and Serato capability? That would be amazing
Gio Alex 5:15 PM - 8 January, 2019
Wasn't the sc3900 that? or 3700
GusGomez 5:17 PM - 8 January, 2019
Quote:
Wasn't the sc3900 that? or 3700

Yes but times have change I think now is more acceptable than it was at the time those came out...plus we need an updated version of those
Gio Alex 5:24 PM - 8 January, 2019
Timing is everything i suppose. What a day it would be if the V7 came out today or the SC3900MK2 or something. sigh
Gio Alex 5:48 PM - 8 January, 2019
Damn Reloop is not messin' around

djworx.com
Chino 5:49 PM - 8 January, 2019
Quote:
Timing is everything i suppose. What a day it would be if the V7 came out today or the SC3900MK2 or something. sigh

I previously owned the 3700s. I currently own the 3900s & Technics SLDZ MKII mods. All of these products are good but each falls short in it's own way.

A new 10" Technics, Rane or Denon 3900MKII with native Serato compatibility would be great! It would fill the need for a spinning platter AND be portable enough for mobile gig use.

Unfortunately, the 5000Ms only have a 7" platter & Serato compatibility is still being worked on.
popnwave 5:58 PM - 8 January, 2019
Well, Rane can now really size up what the others did and see if what they've learned from the TWELVES are worthy of those smaller platters. I think it would be pretty cool, but time (and NAMM) will tell :)
HK1200 6:19 PM - 8 January, 2019
The only thing that gives me pause about the twelves is the whole closed ecosystem thing. Eventually there will be another "major" revision to Serato, and if the twelve happens to be in the legacy pile or they otherwise decide not to spend money to work with Serato to maintain functionality or licensing or what have you, then you'll be forced to use what will then be antiquated end of life software. Or be forced to spend whatever the manufacturers decide you should spend to maintain a functional and current setup. Or what if Serato folds, god forbid?

...all of the 1200s will still be spinning though. At least until they kill dvs altogether.

All things considered, the inconveniences of tonearms, styli and cv really aren't that bad.
Chino 6:44 PM - 8 January, 2019
Estimated price confirmed...

djworx.com

£899 so that is approx $1,143.30 in U.S. dollars. A street price of about $999. Affordable.
Gio Alex 6:44 PM - 8 January, 2019
We called it!
Chino 7:03 PM - 8 January, 2019
So the question now is if most DJs will buy the Reloop decks at 699 each or pony up the extra 3 bills for Technics SL-1200s?

Like @DJ Soo stated above... the Denon VL12s will likely be the loser in this turntable battle!
Chino 7:14 PM - 8 January, 2019
If I did a blind purchase today without actually, physically trying them out... I would choose the Technics.

If I get the opportunity to try both out though, I think (feature wise) Reloop has the potential to sway me.
Gio Alex 7:17 PM - 8 January, 2019
Denon always getting shafted. It's a shame cuz they come up with great stuff!
popnwave 7:59 PM - 8 January, 2019
Oof that street price is sooo close, even that is tempting to me knowing the features on the Reloops are probably more useful.
Chino 8:22 PM - 8 January, 2019
Quote:
Well, Rane can now really size up what the others did and see if what they've learned from the TWELVES are worthy of those smaller platters.

If Rane released a 10" spinning platter with the pads that are on the RP8000MKII & the ULTRA low latency of Roland DJ-808 platters...

I sound like a broken record, repeating myself over & over again but here is always hope for the future!
Chino 8:23 PM - 8 January, 2019
*there.... AND if Serato finally gave us an edit button!! LOL
Gio Alex 8:27 PM - 8 January, 2019
Quote:

Man, that edit button would be everything LMAO. First and only Forum i've ever been on without an edit button.
The Return of Dj Sparky 8:36 PM - 8 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Man, that edit button would be everything LMAO. First and only Forum i've ever been on without an edit button.

Its not on serato's road map, here is their road map

healthisahabit.files.wordpress.com
Gio Alex 8:44 PM - 8 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Its not on serato's road map, here is their road map

healthisahabit.files.wordpress.com

hahaha
dj_soo 10:21 PM - 8 January, 2019
£899 in some uk shops which means it’ll likely be $900-$1000 stateside
Chino 10:52 PM - 8 January, 2019
Looks like I will be selling some old gear soon to help fund my gear addiction!
05spoof 12:59 AM - 9 January, 2019
Come on now....these are entry level Hi-Fi rock enthusiast turntables. Now you can play those death metal and metal records in reverse and recieve those subliminal messages in pristine definition and clarity.
Mr. Goodkat 1:10 AM - 9 January, 2019
jesus aptidda is back
05spoof 1:15 AM - 9 January, 2019
HELL NO!
Culprit 3:05 AM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:
Come on now....these are entry level Hi-Fi rock enthusiast turntables. Now you can play those death metal and metal records in reverse and recieve those subliminal messages in pristine definition and clarity.

did you just miss the whole conversation or are you selectively reading this thread?
dj_soo 3:16 AM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
DAMNNNN

The answer from reloop:

www.instagram.com

www.instagram.com

an in your face to Rane too in a way. Since it also serves as a turntable as well for probably the same price.

it's just a turntable - nothing in the literature suggests that it can do midi/hid like the twelves.
AKIEM 4:50 AM - 9 January, 2019
lol @ a 10" Technics record player... with cue buttons...

not gone hap
pdidy 5:09 AM - 9 January, 2019
For the first time in my life, I can say I could not care less about a NEW technic 1200. That may have a lot to do with the Rane 12 and my current technic 1210 will likely outlive me.....
dj_soo 5:11 AM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:
or the SC3900MK2 or something

wouldn't that be the MC5000M?
AKIEM 5:21 AM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:
For the first time in my life, I can say I could not care less about a NEW technic 1200. That may have a lot to do with the Rane 12 and my current technic 1210 will likely outlive me.....

same, i mean i kinda want one but not for any good reason.

if it had a usb out, or even line out i could use it to rip vinyl
dj_soo 5:23 AM - 9 January, 2019
they sit firmly in the "wish list" category. Don't need them, don't want to spend the money on em, but wouldn't say no to a pair that landed in my lap.
Culprit 6:28 AM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:
they sit firmly in the "wish list" category. Don't need them, don't want to spend the money on em, but wouldn't say no to a pair that landed in my lap.

amen!
dj_soo 7:15 AM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:
For the first time in my life, I can say I could not care less about a NEW technic 1200

Since I got my M3Ds like 20 years ago, I never really cared that much about newer Techs. It's not like the design drastically changed or they added new features between the Mk2s and the MK5s. The biggest change was the MK5Gs which only really brought the pitch doubling for overt features - nothing life changing.
blackavenger 7:29 AM - 9 January, 2019
I may buy one MK7. Not a pair, but a single deck. I'd prefer to keep my (immaculate condition) analog MK5s for mixing vinyl. But to have a single deck for listening, sampling and archiving would be nice. My current deck that I use for those purposes is a P.O.S. Pro-Ject Debut Carbon. It's not in the best condition. It could do w' a replacement.

Now I wonder if that price is going to be 899.00 across the board? DJWorx posted a price of £899 earlier. If it's $899 as well, I can justify that.
Papa Midnight 3:33 PM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:
Now I wonder if that price is going to be 899.00 across the board? DJWorx posted a price of £899 earlier. If it's $899 as well, I can justify that.

Based on what I'm hearing and what other sites are reporting, the Technics SL 1210 MK7 (GBR) will be £899 whilst the Technics SL 1200 MK7 (USA) will be priced at $1200 USD.
Gio Alex 3:39 PM - 9 January, 2019
Damn 1200 USD for a deck that should've been created 10 years ago. Steep.
Chino 3:46 PM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:

I wonder if the street price will still be the same? Dealers usually have a $100-$200 wiggle room they can use to discount to end users.
Gio Alex 3:47 PM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

I wonder if the street price will still be the same? Dealers usually have a $100-$200 wiggle room they can use to discount to end users.

True.

With inflation, 799-899 would be "fair". Anything more than that makes little sense considering a pair of MK2/MK3/MK5 get the job done just fine. Same with other brands.
05spoof 3:58 PM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

did you just miss the whole conversation or are you selectively reading this thread?

nah...just making a knock on the whole Hi-Fi thing.

Quote:
With inflation, 799-899 would be "fair". Anything more than that makes little sense considering a pair of MK2/MK3/MK5 get the job done just fine. Same with other brands.

Don't know about the MK2's though. Finding replacement pitch faders for that thing hasn't been easy. Majority of the time it's been refurbished ones.
Gio Alex 4:04 PM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:

Don't know about the MK2's though. Finding replacement pitch faders for that thing hasn't been easy. Majority of the time it's been refurbished ones.

I hear you on that. Hasn't really been an issue in NYC in my experience. Although, I haven't had to replace mine luckily. Either way, point is there are plenty of options in that department that make it unnecessary to purchase a dj turntable at 1200 usd is that's the retail price.
05spoof 4:28 PM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

I hear you on that. Hasn't really been an issue in NYC in my experience. Although, I haven't had to replace mine luckily. Either way, point is there are plenty of options in that department that make it unnecessary to purchase a dj turntable at 1200 usd is that's the retail price.

True... but I sure do prefer the consistency of those digital pitches after spending some time on some rp8000's. If only those Reloop turntables quality and durability were on an equal level.

Any word on where the mk7's are made?
Gio Alex 4:37 PM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:

I know it's a different time and most things are made in Taiwan and China, but I don't see Panasonic/Technics going that route. I guess it all depends on the final price.

But, Both G and GR models are made in Japan.
Chino 4:59 PM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:

Thankfully, manufacturing is being handled in Japan.
blackavenger 5:38 PM - 9 January, 2019
I wish everything was still made in Japan.
Gio Alex 5:39 PM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:

True.

The old gear still works though.
Chino 5:54 PM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:

+1000!!!

My Technics SLDZ MKII mods originally manufactured in 2004 are alive & still kickin' today.
Culprit 6:24 PM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:

Very little willing to pay the price for the quality though, look at the responses from this thread. People would rather take a hit on the quality of manufacturing for a more budget friendly version.

Unless these things are flying off the shelf to ramp up production it's not possible. Who's trying to figure out the economics behind it though to be honest.
Mr. Goodkat 8:07 PM - 9 January, 2019
i figure the internet price will be 1k.

these decks will drive down the cost of a pair of mk2(already there most of the time)/3/maybe/probably 5(not5g) down to 1000k.
AKIEM 8:46 PM - 9 January, 2019
regardless of price, they are probably still an excellent value. Probably last your entire career and resale near purchase price when ur done.
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:55 PM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:
regardless of price, they are probably still an excellent value. Probably last your entire career and resale near purchase price when ur done.

Isn't the reason for the better resale value of the Technics due to the fact that stopped making them.
Chino 9:02 PM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:

I keep thinking about selling my MKIIs to upgrade to these new MK7s.
Gio Alex 9:05 PM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:
i figure the internet price will be 1k.

these decks will drive down the cost of a pair of mk2(already there most of the time)/3/maybe/probably 5(not5g) down to 1000k.

I already seen a pair of black mk3s for 800
AKIEM 9:06 PM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Isn't the reason for the better resale value of the Technics due to the fact that stopped making them.

i think its the resale value that caused them to shut down production. they couldnt raise the new price that much above the street resale price and profits slowed. used price doubled the original sales price when they quit production. now when they return they have a new profitable price point - and a big splash return and maybe demand

i think they planned the whole move from the shutdown through ignoring djs with the hi fi overpricing...
Gio Alex 9:06 PM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:

It's cuz they last forever. My MKIIs are from 97/98 and I bought them back in '03
AKIEM 9:12 PM - 9 January, 2019
lol i just copped a numark pt01 based on this thread because the only table i could justify needs a usb out... Twelves, TechMK2s and various other buttons has me covered...
lvmez 9:56 PM - 9 January, 2019
If you don't need or like them that's cool, but that doesn't mean they aren't a good value. A deck that can last decades is totally worth it.
lvmez 9:59 PM - 9 January, 2019
www.whathifi.com

Conformed $1200 price and May 2019 release date.
AKIEM 10:08 PM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:
If you don't need or like them that's cool, but that doesn't mean they aren't a good value. A deck that can last decades is totally worth it.

whoever said otherwise?
AKIEM 10:11 PM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:
www.whathifi.com

Conformed $1200 price and May 2019 release date.

so before Phase... lol
The Return of Dj Sparky 10:13 PM - 9 January, 2019
I'll be releasing my memoirs before phase releases
kip 11:46 PM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Thankfully, manufacturing is being handled in Japan.

Sadly it's Malaysia.
Chino 11:49 PM - 9 January, 2019
Quote:
Sadly it's Malaysia.

Do you have a link I can reference? The marketing ad I saw said Japan. Im REALLY curious about this now.
kip 11:55 PM - 9 January, 2019
What Hifi hands on review.
The Return of Dj Sparky 12:00 AM - 10 January, 2019
I have to laugh at all this "oh its shit cause it's made there", the fact is good equipment can be made anywhere if the right resources are made available
Chino 12:05 AM - 10 January, 2019
I just rematched the vid below...

Watchwww.youtube.com

At 1:58 it clearly states MADE IN JAPAN.
Chino 12:08 AM - 10 January, 2019
Quote:
I have to laugh at all this "oh its shit cause it's made there", the fact is good equipment can be made anywhere if the right resources are made available

You are 100% right on this! "The right resources" allows good quality manufacturing almost anywhere in the world but most companies are not willing to spend those resources. Many companies prefer to maximize their profits at all costs.
dj_soo 12:09 AM - 10 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

i think its the resale value that caused them to shut down production. they couldnt raise the new price that much above the street resale price and profits slowed. used price doubled the original sales price when they quit production. now when they return they have a new profitable price point - and a big splash return and maybe demand

i think they planned the whole move from the shutdown through ignoring djs with the hi fi overpricing...

Well, part of it is that the manufacturer of certain components closed down and they didn’t want to spend the capital to create new chains of manufacturing and distribution. Seems like the GR and G came out first to get those new supply chains up and running to the extent where they could reduce cost after the new component manufactures established faster and cheaper processes.
kip 12:54 AM - 10 January, 2019
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

Published on Sep 2, 2016
The Return of Dj Sparky 12:59 AM - 10 January, 2019
the GR might be made in Japan, doesn't mean the mk7 will be
kip 1:13 AM - 10 January, 2019
G/GR - Japan
MK7 - Malaysia
Gio Alex 1:16 AM - 10 January, 2019
Quote:

Watchwww.youtube.com

That link is for the G/GR series.
Chino 3:08 AM - 10 January, 2019
Quote:

That link is for the G/GR series.

Damn. You guys are right! I missed that. My bad!!

I don't think quality will suffer much because of the manufacturer location but who knows...
Chino 3:14 AM - 10 January, 2019
I wonder why they moved the location since the G/GR is made in Japan? The only reason to move that I can think of would be for better logistics and/or cheaper labor and raw material costs.
dj_soo 4:31 AM - 10 January, 2019
All pioneer gear is manufactured in Malaysia.

I know that probably doesn't give the pioneer haters much solace, but while their stuff is overpriced and plasticy, it's not like they are poorly made.
Itchin_4_A_Scratch 6:16 AM - 10 January, 2019
I guess I'm different from most to me a 1200 is still worth the $225 ea that they cos t me new, anything else is just profiteering.
Don't get me wrong I'm not ignoring the fact of adjusting for inflation but lets be realistic that only gets you to about $500

As someone else mentioned the 1200 retaining their value probably was the piece of the equation that always caused Technics a problem.

It's gonna be really interesting to sit back and what how these new 1200 pan out.
For many it will more than likely give them the opportunity to put a spare set of used 1200s in the corner because the used market priced go down.
kip 9:21 AM - 10 January, 2019
Quote:
All pioneer gear is manufactured in Malaysia.

PLX is China, not sure about the rest.
Gio Alex 4:37 PM - 10 January, 2019
Quote:
I wonder why they moved the location since the G/GR is made in Japan? The only reason to move that I can think of would be for better logistics and/or cheaper labor and raw material costs.

because panasonic/technics doesn't fuck around, when they go high end, the go high end. lol... it's an old boys club. Also it's a Japanese company.
HK1200 5:12 PM - 10 January, 2019
Also about being future proof. A 1200 will never be obsolete and will always do exactly what it was designed to do. Few if any other products in this industry can make that claim, especially these days.

I doubt they really want to establish any partnerships with some of these fart in the wind-esque little struggling software companies either, all considered... though it would be kinda nice to have as an end user, I admit.
Gio Alex 5:15 PM - 10 January, 2019
Quote:
Also about being future proof. A 1200 will never be obsolete and will always do exactly what it was designed to do. Few if any other products in this industry can make that claim, especially these days.

I doubt they really want to establish any partnerships with some of these fart in the wind-esque little struggling software companies either, all considered... though it would be kinda nice to have as an end user, I admit.

agreed.
Chino 5:48 PM - 10 January, 2019
Quote:

Part 2 of Technics strategy...

Unveil a Serato/Technics partnership on a new SDJ Pro embedded media player????!!!

(I know, I know, I'm dreaming- LMAO!)
HK1200 5:58 PM - 10 January, 2019
Shit, even a clip-on or something, like a dicer on steroids but feaured up more like an sp1. With a Technics logo on em. They would make bank and sell every last one of them, assuming they don't muck it up and hardcode all of the mappings like Serato and Novation did.
HK1200 6:00 PM - 10 January, 2019
Hell, put a sensor or two in it, sell some vinyl with embedded magnets in it or something, and put Phase out of business.
Chino 6:05 PM - 10 January, 2019
Quote:
Hell, put a sensor or two in it, sell some vinyl with embedded magnets in it or something, and put Phase out of business.

That would be something if Technics releases a Phase type device FIRST. A rechargeable 45 adapter sized device with double the battery life(20hrs)!
Gio Alex 6:34 PM - 10 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Part 2 of Technics strategy...

Unveil a Serato/Technics partnership on a new SDJ Pro embedded media player????!!!

(I know, I know, I'm dreaming- LMAO!)

Technics barely even wanted to be in the DJ market to begin with. I honestly believe it was accidental and they ran with it. However, if they released a MKII of the SLZD1200 it would be amazing.
Chino 6:45 PM - 10 January, 2019
Quote:

Technics barely even wanted to be in the DJ market to begin with. I honestly believe it was accidental and they ran with it. However, if they released a MKII of the SLZD1200 it would be amazing.

EXACTLY! This time around, an updated SLDZ would be done right especially with all the feedback from the DJ community.

The DJ community adopted Technics so Panasonic needs to accept that and fully embrace us with open arms. We are what will help Technics succeed going forward!
AKIEM 7:22 PM - 10 January, 2019
SLDZ1200MKII-media-player
(unless they still feel that ass on fire)

Rane wouldnt like that there
Mr. Goodkat 7:35 PM - 10 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

EXACTLY! This time around, an updated SLDZ would be done right especially with all the feedback from the DJ community.

The DJ community adopted Technics so Panasonic needs to accept that and fully embrace us with open arms. We are what will help Technics succeed going forward!

at least they got some super legendary djs to promo the new TT in vegas
Gio Alex 7:36 PM - 10 January, 2019
Quote:

Rane would cry. It would be over for that Twelve
Gio Alex 7:38 PM - 10 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

at least they got some super legendary djs to promo the new TT in vegas

Yeah they def like to benefit for it, but they've manage to play this interesting game of sure you can used them for djing and we have you in mind, but we're not a dj company, and don't want to be anymore. But they never really were though aside from the very few mixers they had and headphones.
AKIEM 7:39 PM - 10 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

maybe,
you might get your Rane Ten then
Gio Alex 7:41 PM - 10 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

maybe,
you might get your Rane Ten then

hahaha and not for 799 lol
Chino 7:41 PM - 10 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

LMAO!! SO TRUE!!!
Gio Alex 12:38 AM - 11 January, 2019
You can fully see the MK7 here... the back is all open.

youtu.be
Gio Alex 12:38 AM - 11 January, 2019
Battle style is gonna look weird from the side for sure lol
Gio Alex 12:43 AM - 11 January, 2019
Kenny Dope is the man tho. Glad they got a great line up to showcase the decks.
blackavenger 7:16 AM - 12 January, 2019
Quote:

youtu.be

Whoa, that's weird lookin'!!
Gio Alex 8:14 AM - 12 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

youtu.be

Whoa, that's weird lookin'!!

Yup, exactly! So unnecessary. Why not just make it like the mk4?
kip 12:46 PM - 12 January, 2019
Quote:
Why not just make it like the mk4?

To use the same mould as for 1500C.
To make it unusable for diyers that would like to put their own tonearm.
Maybe something more.
AKIEM 4:47 PM - 12 January, 2019
Maybe becaise its really just a Hanpin Super OEM too.

LMAO
Gio Alex 6:24 PM - 12 January, 2019
Quote:
Maybe becaise its really just a Hanpin Super OEM too.

LMAO

Yikes! That’d be crazy. Lmao

By the looks of it I’d stick to the MK2/3s I have lying around. Especially at the price they want these for, im good
HighTopFade 7:53 PM - 13 January, 2019
The only existing Technics 1200 owners I see buying these are the ones who missed out buying the M5G.
The Return of Dj Sparky 7:01 PM - 21 May, 2019
Quote:
[post removed]

You cannot say because you were not there, now piss off with your spam