Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato Play + CDJs?

sotosoul 12:37 PM - 24 December, 2018
Hi all,
I'd like to ask the community if it's possible to connect official Serato accessories, such as CDJs, to a Serato Play-enabled computer and control it via HID mode.
This functionality could be useful as backup solution in cases where the audio hardware fails... (or I forget to pack :P )
Cheers
dj_soo 6:06 AM - 25 December, 2018
Nope
DjSyndic8 10:16 PM - 25 December, 2018
Quote:
Hi all,
I'd like to ask the community if it's possible to connect official Serato accessories, such as CDJs, to a Serato Play-enabled computer and control it via HID mode.
This functionality could be useful as backup solution in cases where the audio hardware fails... (or I forget to pack :P )
Cheers

i can see DJs try to stretch this serato play and try to get more out of it
Despo 11:36 PM - 25 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Hi all,
Cheers

No wonder, the other 2 big players Traktor and Rekordbox allow any soundcard to be used as far as I know. I actually use rekordbox half of the time now. Serato is still in the dark ages as always where you pay extra for keylock and ~serato play~

And people actually defend this shit instead of their own best interests and other customers
DjSyndic8 7:22 AM - 26 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi all,
Cheers

No wonder, the other 2 big players Traktor and Rekordbox allow any soundcard to be used as far as I know. I actually use rekordbox half of the time now. Serato is still in the dark ages as always where you pay extra for keylock and ~serato play~

And people actually defend this shit instead of their own best interests and other customers

serato is doing this on purpose to stay ahead of the game why give out free plugins when you can monitise it, try and make as much money as possible, Serato Play is standard free feature with Virtual dj, traktor maybe some other software's as well its just a business move that's all, look at why serato is the most used software because of the simplicity and ease of use compared to the others, I will be making the move to rekordbox just to see what the other side is like.