DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Pioneer S9: Serato DJPro & crossfader

Bob Rokk 8:07 PM - 22 December, 2018
Hello guys..today I've unboxed my Christmas gift..S9, obviously..I've 2 questions:

1) I've already installed Serato on my macbook, was a trial but tracks management is ever unlocked..so, I've my library ready..what's I've to make to unlock full Serato DJPro without overwrite/delete my Serato library?

2) I've sadly discovered that crossfader is impossible to disable (no THRU option), I've bought S9 not to battle or scratch but because I think is smarter mixer out there about mix two tracks without too many frills..now, I'm a bit uncertain about my choice..is really impossible to disable?
Ollie 8:57 PM - 22 December, 2018
per Pioneer
"There's no true way to disable it, but what you can try is to set the fader curve slope to the steepest setting on each end (the square shape), then within the settings utility, adjust the cut-in distance for the crossfader to the lowest possible setting - chances are this value is lower than the physical distance, meaning it's effectively disabled."
dj_soo 4:52 AM - 23 December, 2018
Is it that hard to just leave the crossfader in the middle?
Bob Rokk 12:29 PM - 23 December, 2018
this morning i’ve tried it..

1) ok about crossfader, isn’t a problem

2) i’ve noted some strange thing about load tracks..sometimes i loaded it and it sound awful, at 50 bpm ..i’ve a 2010 macbook, maybe is not enough? i was on battery power option, not by power cable, maybee too weak to run?

3) original Pioneer slipmat, don’t slip..backspin vinyl is too difficult to..i’ve placed slipmat just over metal plate, is right?
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:36 PM - 23 December, 2018
2. What's the exact spec of the MacBook...i5 or i7 CPU is the recommended for recent versions of Serato DJ.

3. Get a slipsheet...DIY it. Just cut one of those clear nylon sheet that you find in vinyl records. What TT are you using?

1. Most Scratch mixers e.g. S9 don't have a thru option...
Bob Rokk 10:17 PM - 23 December, 2018
Quote:
2. What's the exact spec of the MacBook...i5 or i7 CPU is the recommended for recent versions of Serato DJ.

3. Get a slipsheet...DIY it. Just cut one of those clear nylon sheet that you find in vinyl records. What TT are you using?

Hi Marv..is a Core 2 Duo..far away i5 or i7 :(

Pioneer PLX 1000

new question: sometime it's activate a button (in Serato sw) named INT and REL (just over INT) goes off, when happen this the needle doesn't control anymore the track..how to skip that?
Matt Sherman 3:48 AM - 24 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Hi Marv..is a Core 2 Duo..far away i5 or i7 :(

Pioneer PLX 1000

new question: sometime it's activate a button (in Serato sw) named INT and REL (just over INT) goes off, when happen this the needle doesn't control anymore the track..how to skip that?

Usually it will switch to Internal mode if you do something like turn the mixer off while playing etc.
Bob Rokk 7:47 AM - 24 December, 2018
just last night i’ve discovered that as soon needle reach the end of timecode vinyl Serato go to INTERNAL mode then music doesn’t stop..i left the needle go forever because i thought that it doesn’t move from position where you place on timecode vinyl (my misunderstanding), instead needle moves exactly as on real vinyl..
Bob Rokk 7:51 AM - 24 December, 2018
anybody knows if Lenovo laptops are fine with Serato? to shift my Macbook with another one is a lot expensive..
DJ Intrigue 4:51 PM - 24 December, 2018
OMG you purchased a new S9? Ewwww, should have gone Rane.
Bob Rokk 9:14 PM - 24 December, 2018
Quote:

I taken in count also Rane set (Twelve+SeventyTwo), but I wanted play real vinyl too and keep on Pioneer (I've already an XDJ-RX2)..I'm fine with Pioneer and Rane support (in Italy) is not so strong..
GusGomez 4:05 PM - 26 December, 2018
Quote:

god you're fucking annoying not everyone likes the same thing...every post of yours is the same crap do stop trolling already grow the f up
DJ Intrigue 4:31 PM - 26 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

god you're fucking annoying not everyone likes the same thing...every post of yours is the same crap do stop trolling already grow the f up

How about a fuck you? Nobody I know likes the all plastic shit quality of the Pioneer DJM S9. Grow up? I have amassed more accolades in my thirty odd years of life than you will in an entire lifetime you blue collar working class peasant. I'm the resident Troll, so get the fuck outta here with your petty comments. It will not be tolerated.
GusGomez 5:19 PM - 26 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

How about a fuck you? Nobody I know likes the all plastic shit quality of the Pioneer DJM S9. Grow up? I have amassed more accolades in my thirty odd years of life than you will in an entire lifetime you blue collar working class peasant. I'm the resident Troll, so get the fuck outta here with your petty comments. It will not be tolerated.

Shut your broke ass up kid....\Talking all that shit behind a keyboard fuck outta here and like a fucking loser you get banned and go create another account cause your broke ass has nothing else to do can't get a gig yet claim to have all this gear collecting dust at home...go get a life kid....what fucking accolades you have besides being a virgin loser in front of a computer all day? gtfoh
DJ Intrigue 5:25 PM - 26 December, 2018
wow Gus, ya really hit home with that one. LMAO you fucking blue collar peasant.
Matt Sherman 1:06 AM - 28 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

AMEN!
Matt Sherman 1:13 AM - 28 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

With all the trolling he does you know darn well he has no girlfriend let alone gigs ( Unless you consider his bedroom a gig ). I also heard he deleted all of his youtube vids because they were so embarrassing. What a joke this guy is who constantly has to make new accounts after getting kicked off because no one likes him. He's so pathetic that he responds to his own post with another one of his made up accounts to make it look like people agree with him SMH LMAO
GusGomez 1:23 AM - 28 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

With all the trolling he does you know darn well he has no girlfriend let alone gigs ( Unless you consider his bedroom a gig ). I also heard he deleted all of his youtube vids because they were so embarrassing. What a joke this guy is who constantly has to make new accounts after getting kicked off because no one likes him. He's so pathetic that he responds to his own post with another one of his made up accounts to make it look like people agree with him SMH LMAO

AMEN ^
Matt Sherman 5:50 PM - 28 December, 2018
Looks like they finally kicked another one of his million accounts. Thank you Serato!
Culprit 10:54 PM - 30 December, 2018
Quote:
Looks like they finally kicked another one of his million accounts. Thank you Serato!

Shadow ban feature so he can play with himself lol