Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato Remote

Mass Flava 3:34 PM - 21 December, 2018
I've attempted to connect Serato Remote with Serato Play unsuccessfully. I continue to get a message "the Serato Remote requires Serato DJ supported hardware to be connected to your laptop"

Please advise!

Thank You!
Logisticalstyles 4:40 PM - 21 December, 2018
Do you have Serato DJ supported hardware connected to your computer? Probably not since you are trying to use Play.

While I'll admit that I thought about whether you could use Remote with Play, it seems like the answer is in the error message you received. Serato Remote needs Serato DJ supported hardware connected in order to work.
Gio Alex 7:59 PM - 21 December, 2018
Maybe play doesn't allow "midi" or external controllers?
05spoof 4:40 AM - 14 February, 2019
Surprised Remote doesn't work with PLAY. The audience PLAY is for... 99.9% probably owns or use a mobile device on the daily.
REDSELECTER 4:04 PM - 6 July, 2019
Just got Play and was also surprised/disappointed that Serato Remote on my iPad doesn't work given that the point of Play is NOT having hardware connected.
deejdave 11:24 PM - 6 July, 2019
www.dropbox.com

Again could not help but notice literally the first line on the product page itself............ Glad to see not many are being thrown by this though.
REDSELECTER 2:19 AM - 7 July, 2019
Quote:
www.dropbox.com

Again could not help but notice literally the first line on the product page itself............ Glad to see not many are being thrown by this though.

Why are you glad? Do you work for Serato? How is it better if a product has less features?
deejdave 3:03 AM - 7 July, 2019
You are speaking like you purchased a license or are missing features that were advertised when neither are true and I am just saying I am glad most are getting what they need out of this hence the low activity on the thread and others like it. By all means asking for such features to be added in the future is great and expected even but I don't think Serato could have been any more clear on what this is being marketed as or what it offers.
deejdave 3:04 AM - 7 July, 2019
To be quite blunt this expansion is what many here have been asking for for years.
deejdave 3:08 AM - 7 July, 2019
And again if I am being honest I would personally like to see MIDI function (OSA or not) as well as remote capabilities BUT that being said I full knew what I was getting prior to purchasing as it is clearly indicated in the specifications.