Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato Pro 2.1 crashed 3 hours into set

DJ O 12:19 AM - 18 December, 2018
Was playing a set and Serato 2.1 crashed 3 hours into the set without warning. Below are the equipment/specs I was using during the crash.

Pioneer DDJ-SX2
Serato Pro 2.1.0
MBP (2018)
OSX 10.13.6
DjSyndic8 12:36 AM - 18 December, 2018
Quote:
Was playing a set and Serato 2.1 crashed 3 hours into the set without warning. Below are the equipment/specs I was using during the crash.

Pioneer DDJ-SX2
Serato Pro 2.1.0
MBP (2018)
OSX 10.13.6

Did u save the crash report?
Was appnap disabled?
Laptop optimised for serato?
dj_soo 2:06 AM - 18 December, 2018
Were you using any of the streaming options?
DJ O 3:11 PM - 18 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Pioneer DDJ-SX2
Serato Pro 2.1.0
MBP (2018)
OSX 10.13.6

Did u save the crash report?
Was appnap disabled?
Laptop optimised for serato?

No I didn't save the report but doesn't it save it automatically?
WTH is App Nap?
Laptop works fine with any other Serato version. Haven't had an outright crash in years.
DJ O 3:12 PM - 18 December, 2018
Quote:
Were you using any of the streaming options?

Nope. Original tracks
Baum 10:37 PM - 18 December, 2018
Same here.

Rane SL3
2 PioneerCDJs 2000 nexus (HID Mode)
Serato DJ Pro 2.1MacBook Pro (Retina, 2012)
2,6 GHz Intel Core i7
High Sierra 10.13.6

After 2 hours, I was also using Tidal that night but not at the moment the program crashed. Switched then to SDJ Pro 2.0.5 and had no problems at all. At least the clean echo out effect seems to sound better now under 2.1.
ItsGMan21 3:30 AM - 19 December, 2018
I had the same problem. I'm a little worried and gun shy now!!! some of my effects don't work the same as well!

Pioneer DDJ-SX2
MacBook Pro 13 inch mid 2012
2.9 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB
Mac OS 10.14.1
Vade 4:47 AM - 19 December, 2018
There a lot of bugs on this new software.
Vade 5:14 AM - 19 December, 2018
Using play shift key, does the opposite. downgrading to older software.
Slartibartfass 8:52 PM - 29 December, 2018
Same here: Crash (not responding hardware) after ~ 30 minutes. Randomly expierienced on same setup before - but never repeating within 3 runs in 60 minutes any previous occasion. Did not even get "red light" for warning

NS7 II
WIN 10
Lenovo Thinkpad 420
8 GB Ram,
256 GB SSD
1 TB harddisk

Worked well until 2.X
PaulT99 10:32 PM - 3 January, 2019
I too have had lots of issues with 2.1.
If you using Serato for professional use, then go back to 2.0.5 asap. I have and all my kit is working sweet again.
Philmixit 10:49 PM - 3 January, 2019
The same thing happen to me as well,I play for about three hours and then serato 2.1 just stop working, I don't know what happen.
popnwave 11:39 PM - 3 January, 2019
Damn, now I feel blessed doing 4-6hour sets on my old rig and haven't had a hiccup yet.
Diiijay 11:39 AM - 5 January, 2019
application full of bugs! No tests before the release???
each version seems worse than the other.
lots of advertising ... lots of partnerships ...
but present good performance and reliability ... nothing!
Cwite 10:10 PM - 5 January, 2019
I have just rolled back to 2.0.5

The 2.0.5 version has glitches, but nothing like the stability issues of 2.1

It crashes on boot up, it crashes on exit, it crashes randomly through a set. It takes ages to boot up, and even without streaming subscriptions it is constantly trying to connect to these services. It freezes if a FLIP passes through an active loop. Its laggy with mouse control, it takes too long to write a tag. the screen freezes and the cursor times out, sometimes for 30 seconds or more. I daren't gig it again! Even using it to library manage is pointless.

Its the worse release for a long time. I was sooo happy for the Serato Play expansion, but not at the expense of all these problems. I can't risk using it.

I have just reinstalled 2.0.5 and it boots up quick again.
nabit 9:48 AM - 15 January, 2019
So same here at our club... All the serato djs are back on 2.05... We tried to reach serato... But like always... No answer. It would be nice if someone official would participate in this discussion... So it is not only a problem for a few of us... They need to do something...
popnwave 5:18 PM - 15 January, 2019
Quote:
So same here at our club... All the serato djs are back on 2.05... We tried to reach serato... But like always... No answer. It would be nice if someone official would participate in this discussion... So it is not only a problem for a few of us... They need to do something...

Gotta provide more info on each setup. Which only half the people are doing, just saying something crashed is too vague to even remotely start troubleshooting it.
DJ JulioYEG 3:25 AM - 16 January, 2019
Quote:

good luck
nabit 7:45 AM - 16 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Gotta provide more info on each setup. Which only half the people are doing, just saying something crashed is too vague to even remotely start troubleshooting it.

We have djs on windows and on Mac... Different setups but all with the same result... Serato freezes or crashes totally on 2.1. No stability issues on 2.05....so it is probably the 2.1. Just sayin
dj_soo 9:57 AM - 16 January, 2019
I've been on 2.1 for a while now and the only crashing I've been experiencing has been related to using Tidal streaming (haven't tried soundcloud). I'm curious what gear you're using.

I've been pretty much exclusively using the Rane 72 so maybe the newer drivers help compared to older gear.
nabit 10:15 AM - 16 January, 2019
We have rane72 and Rane 12s at the club.. Nobody was using streaming. We have tried out different setups, strong macs average macs and pcs... Even tried out a Mac mini... Rane 72 is on 1.3 firmware... It happens randomly... Sometimes after 30 minutes or 3h... But it will freeze or crash... For us with 1500 people at the club on a Saturday night not working at all... So we re back on 2.05 with NO ISSUES at all. The only thing we recognized is, that the clean echo out on the left channel stops working regularly after a while on all machines
Philmixit 11:21 AM - 16 January, 2019
Hi guys , I went back to 2.0.5, something is wrong with 2.1,I hope that SERATO is looking into it as soon as posable because I have SERATO PLAY, and it can'nt work on 2.0.5, may be thay are looking into it. 2.0.5 has no issues at all.
Diiijay 4:41 PM - 16 January, 2019
Bad software strikes again!!!
Chino 5:05 PM - 16 January, 2019
Quote:
Hi guys , I went back to 2.0.5, something is wrong with 2.1,I hope that SERATO is looking into it as soon as posable because I have SERATO PLAY, and it can'nt work on 2.0.5, may be thay are looking into it. 2.0.5 has no issues at all.

Damn. I havent had any freezes or crashes on 2.1 but I may download & install 2.0.5 just in case. I primarily use SDJ Pro 1.9.6 with my Roland DJ-808 & Denon MC6000 MKII. I use 2.1 with my Rane 72/SLDZ mod combo.

Mid 2012 MBP 2.6 i7 quad core
16 GB RAM
OSX 10.12.6
1 TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD
Alexx Rea 3:51 AM - 20 January, 2019
The same sh*t, just come back now from club unhappy, today update Serato Dj Pri from 2.0.5 to 2.1, and tonight when i palying my set, at first happened something with bass, its simple lost somwhere, and than, after 2,5h serato stops without any warnings :@
Diiijay 1:43 PM - 20 January, 2019
The software was released without any quality control. It must be the fault of the trainees who developed the latest version. What a shame Serato!
DjSyndic8 9:12 PM - 20 January, 2019
Quote:
The software was released without any quality control. It must be the fault of the trainees who developed the latest version. What a shame Serato!

I agree serato should release the beta for testing way way ahead of time so the software can be properly tested and make changes accordingly before the release.
Diiijay 10:16 AM - 21 January, 2019
It is clear that due to wanting to upgrade the software to new hardware and new functions they release versions without testing them. End up making us beta testers. And there is more... I noticed that the staff here in the Forum does not usually reclarmar effectively with the development team. This needs to change.
nabit 12:05 PM - 21 January, 2019
Still no answer from the support team... I don't get it... I don't need f... ng new features... I need stability and reliability... That is a major joke... But I can't laugh...
DjSyndic8 12:54 PM - 21 January, 2019
Quote:
Still no answer from the support team... I don't get it... I don't need f... ng new features... I need stability and reliability... That is a major joke... But I can't laugh...

as long as you've put a help request in all you have to do is wait, don't expect Serato to respond straight away that's how its always been, and there's no way to speed it up,
in the mean time stay on 2.05 until they put out a update.
Diiijay 3:35 PM - 21 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

as long as you've put a help request in all you have to do is wait, don't expect Serato to respond straight away that's how its always been, and there's no way to speed it up,
in the mean time stay on 2.05 until they put out a update.

After all ... I still do not understand ... please answer me: who are you? Are you part of the support or are you just, another fanboy? If the product has an addiction it is the consumer's right to ask for support and get a response. For me this only proves the already dubious quality of this product.
popnwave 4:25 PM - 21 January, 2019
Always remember, unless you need to streaming features (especially since it doesn't work in all territories) don't upgrade. There are no major bug fixes that are worth using 2.1 at the moment.
dj_soo 6:52 PM - 21 January, 2019
72 firmware update features are pretty cool. That’s pretty much the only reason I stick with 2.1, but it’s certainly getting annoying constantly resetting my key tags.

To people bitching, yes this is the buggiest release in a good while and it definitely feels rushed, but any pro relying on software has learned long ago that upadating immediately is a terrible idea - whether it’s the program or os, or any plugins.

They’re are working on fixes and you just have to wait until they do - in the meantime, if you can’t deal with bugs, you just have to use an older version.

This is the case with all major software and every program has had a bad update in their time.
Diiijay 10:47 PM - 21 January, 2019
A bad update every time is acceptable. But in the case of SeratoDJ they are practically every new version. Even though small they always exist. And do not forget last year when Windows 10 was upgraded and we had problems on SeratoDJ which also forced us to go back to an earlier version.