Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Library Searching for files in C:/ instead of D:/ after Relocate Lost Files

LeeWes 8:10 PM - 17 December, 2018
Hi all,
I have submitted a request to Serato for this but thought I would see if anybody here had a quick answer.

I recently purchased a new laptop and have transferred all my music db and Serato folders across. After performing "Relocate Lost Files" all my files are listed under C:/MusicDB when in actual fact they are all in D:/MusicDB

has anyone had anything similar happen?
The Return of Dj Sparky 8:27 PM - 17 December, 2018
On Windows change the drive letter back to C and it will all be fine provided you didn't change any oher part of the file path
LeeWes 8:30 PM - 17 December, 2018
I can't do that as C:/ is my main drive with the OS installed.
DjSyndic8 9:16 PM - 17 December, 2018
Quote:
I can't do that as C:/ is my main drive with the OS installed.

I agree very unprofessional advice given by spanky there its ok hes probabky taking time off trolling the serato threads... your windowss system will probably not boot up because default windows os drive is c drive im glad u picked that up and not go through with this advice LeeWes.
DjSyndic8 9:20 PM - 17 December, 2018
try moving your "Serato and Serato backup folders to D drive where your music is located and then do a relocate file through serato
LeeWes 9:32 PM - 17 December, 2018
Must admit I was pretty surprised when I seen that advice!!

I was wondering if Serato would see the folders if I put them on the D drive I did have them in both locations on the last system but when I put them in both locations on the new it seemed to duplicate all the entries. I will try the folders just on D.

Thank you very much
DjSyndic8 10:10 PM - 17 December, 2018
Also to make things easier for you in future concider having your music on a external portable drive it makes things so easy when transitioning from laptop to laptop lets say your current laptop dies you have to get the hard drive out and transfer your music how long would that take?

But if you have an external drive its simply plug and play, install serato plug your drive in and play serato will automatically know where your music is cause your serato and serato backfolders will be on the external drive👍
LeeWes 10:16 PM - 17 December, 2018
DjSyndic8 you are genius!!
I didn't even have to re search for lost files, it all just fell into place so thank you for that!

With regards to the external HD advice, I run 2 laptops both with 2x internal HDD's and also have a backup on an external so like to cover all bases :)

Thank you again for your help!
LeeWes 10:23 PM - 17 December, 2018
Just my history missing now :( I'll have another play tomorrow.
DjSyndic8 12:00 AM - 18 December, 2018
Quote:
DjSyndic8 you are genius!!
I didn't even have to re search for lost files, it all just fell into place so thank you for that!

With regards to the external HD advice, I run 2 laptops both with 2x internal HDD's and also have a backup on an external so like to cover all bases :)

Thank you again for your help!

No problems LeeWes glad to help and apologies for spankies noobish response.... glad it worked out

For history issue try this

Open your _Serato_backup folder

Copy the History folder from the _Serato_backup folder and paste it into the _Serato_ folder

See if that works
DJ Marv the Maverick 3:18 PM - 19 December, 2018
+1 on using External drives as your main music storage location for all the reasons stated earlier.

I moved to external about 5 years ago and haven't looked back.

I have changed laptops 2 or 3 times since then, no headaches getting Serato to work on the new machine.

I use a 4TB SSD external that I installed in a repurposed Lacie Rugged TB enclosure and have 4 exact clones on 4 x 4TB HDD externals in case my SSD craps out.

Its cheaper than trying to buy a MacBook with 4TB internal SSD.
DjSyndic8 9:05 PM - 19 December, 2018
Quote:
+1 on using External drives as your main music storage location for all the reasons stated earlier.

I moved to external about 5 years ago and haven't looked back.

I have changed laptops 2 or 3 times since then, no headaches getting Serato to work on the new machine.

I use a 4TB SSD external that I installed in a repurposed Lacie Rugged TB enclosure and have 4 exact clones on 4 x 4TB HDD externals in case my SSD craps out.

Its cheaper than trying to buy a MacBook with 4TB internal SSD.

niiiiiiice :)
dj MvT 1:18 PM - 20 December, 2018
There's a bug in 2.1.0 that is currently investigated addressing this issue.
The Return of Dj Sparky 9:09 PM - 8 January, 2019
right so i got this bug myself now, updated to latest and its still not locating the files and the path is broken

support.serato.com

they say latest version resolves, it doesn't