Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ Pro 2.1 Super Slow Load Time

DJ Anti Hero 6:29 PM - 16 December, 2018
Ok,

So admittedly I have a lot of tracks and crates... but I've timed this a few times... wow the load times for crates and everything on 2.1 is slooooooooooooooow. I've timed this a few times... from clicking on Serato DJ on my toolbar (I have both 2.05 and 2.1 installed - you can just rename the old one so you can have both)... but wow... what a difference...

Serato DJ Pro 2.05 load time: less than a minute
Serato DJ Pro 2.1 load time: more than two minutes

I understand there's more stuff going on - but that's a huge difference! Anyone else got super slow load times with 2.1?

(For the techs... I'm running a 2012 Macbook Pro with 16 Gigs of RAM and an 1TB SSD as main drive and 1TB HDD drive in my optibay with Sierra 10.12.6 as my Os)

But wow 2.1 is slow...

A.H.
DJCLAXIX 7:24 PM - 16 December, 2018
Yes. That and now my sp6 is set to channel 1 by default can’t be set to Aux and unusable at this point
Dirtbag Jules 11:43 PM - 16 December, 2018
Maybe it is related to this issue: serato.com
Dj Ultamate 12:30 AM - 17 December, 2018
Yes .. same issue . Pro 2.1 is dumb slow to load now and analyze files is also considerably slower. Load time is about 90 secs. I have two of the same spec MacBook Pros and when on Pro 2.1 they display the same issues. 10.12.6 Sierra, MacBook Pro Late 2011, 17inch, 16GB Ram, 1.5 GB VRam, and 2TB SSD in both. When I revert to 2.0.5 no issues. Load time is smooth about 30 seconds and analyze is also smooth and fast on 2.0.5. I can't imagine analyzing my database (like we're periodically supposed to) on 2.1 to weed out corrupt files.
popnwave 6:57 PM - 17 December, 2018
No analyzing speed issues on big ol music videos on my mid 2012 running Yosemite.
DJ Sound Technique 7:31 PM - 17 December, 2018
Not seeing it on PC and I have a HUGE library 95k mp3 and videos and maybe 200 crates. 2.1 has other library issues that I have posted in other threads, maybe it is related.
DjSyndic8 12:29 AM - 18 December, 2018
Quote:
Not seeing it on PC and I have a HUGE library 95k mp3 and videos and maybe 200 crates. 2.1 has other library issues that I have posted in other threads, maybe it is related.

Same here popnwave scan is normal
Dj Ultamate 9:14 PM - 18 December, 2018
I actually analyzed 14 files on the PRO 2.0.5 version approximately 10-11 seconds. I analyzed the same 14 files on PRO 2.1 and took 47 seconds. Load time is 2 mins from hitting Serato icon on PRO 2.1 (90 secs after the Serato display shows). On 2.0.5 load time is 30-40 seconds. Going back to 2.0.5 until all these issues clear. I'll use my Rane 72 as i have been without the added post fader effects.
popnwave 10:32 PM - 18 December, 2018
So do your prep in 2.0.5 and if the load time is the only bad thing in 2.1 use that for your Rane 72?
RodrigoVolta 4:05 PM - 19 December, 2018
SDJ is very swollen. Many built-in features and this makes it very slow. Compared to the old ITCH, SDJ starts and closes 10x slower ... Remembering that they both share the same libraries and setups contained in the _SERATO_ folder, then it is not a library problem.
Dj Ultamate 2:37 AM - 4 January, 2019
Have been using the new 2.1 Update to the prior 2.1 update (lol) and it is much better for the analyzing. Analyze result times are close to normal, but the load time of almost 2 minutes compared to 40 seconds - whoa. There has to be a fix for that.
Diiijay 11:32 AM - 5 January, 2019
application full of bugs!
each version seems worse than the other.
lots of advertising ... lots of partnerships ...
but present good performance and reliability ... nothing!
Cwite 10:29 PM - 5 January, 2019
I've just ditched 2.1

Way too slow. Along with a string of other new glitches it's just unstable. I've not had a crash for as long as I can remember before 2.1, but since, I've lost count now.

I'm on win 10. If you open task manager and monitor Serato as it loads up, it is constantly reported as not responding. And that is just on boot up. My screen cursor doesn't respond properly when it's open, tag saving is painfully slow. The screen will often freeze for over 30 seconds as a track plays whilst its attempting to save tags. Building a tracks profile is much slower too.
Actual boot up time has gone from around 40 seconds to go and boil.the kettle whilst it starts.
The amber text bar will periodically tell me that it can't connect to the streaming services, but I'm not subscribed and the streaming boxes aren't checked.

Bye bye 2.1
popnwave 2:18 PM - 6 January, 2019
Quote:

Shoulda helped out during the public beta then. Comments like this are lazy and unhelpful.
HK1200 3:01 PM - 6 January, 2019
Releasing broken, buggy, and bloated DJ software intended for professional DJ's seems pretty lazy and unhelpful as well, fwiw.

Serato peaked at SSL imho. As much as I want to see SDJ flourish and succeed they seem to do a hell of job at making each new revision worse in various ways, while largely ignoring the input and outright pleas from core user base.

I mean, how many years have people been begging for various bugfixes and basic features only to be completely ignored, yet Serato has the resources to cram more and more stuff that nobody is really asking for into the installation. No wonder SDJ runs 20x slower.

They should have started by making it as good as their legacy software, and maybe listening to user input for once, before shooting for the moon.

I all honesty, they'd better hope that InMusic doesn't decide to pony up for some actual progrmmers. They've got the dough. If they actually learned from the mis-steps of Serato, Pio, Stanton, Tractor, VDJ, etc, instead of repeating everybody else's mistakes, they might actually have a shot.

Don't get me wrong. I love Serato, but damned if they don't disappoint me.
Diiijay 1:05 PM - 16 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Shoulda helped out during the public beta then. Comments like this are lazy and unhelpful.

Now I'm sure you're a fanboy. Blind as the lovers. Wake up!
popnwave 3:28 PM - 16 January, 2019
Quote:
Now I'm sure you're a fanboy. Blind as the lovers. Wake up!

Nah, just work with a lot of developers and get lots of junk feedback that does't help fix things.
Diiijay 4:39 PM - 16 January, 2019
Quote:
Nah, just work with a lot of developers and get lots of junk feedback that does't help fix things.

It's not my job to post as if it were a support guy. I'm a consumer with a right to complain about a bad product. Whether you (fanboy) like it or not!
Comrade Tulayev 4:47 PM - 16 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

It's not my job to post as if it were a support guy. I'm a consumer with a right to complain about a bad product. Whether you (fanboy) like it or not!

Stop yer moaning ffs
Diiijay 5:21 PM - 16 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Stop yer moaning ffs

Another fanboy detected!!!
DJ Tracy G. 7:25 PM - 16 January, 2019
I put a ticket in for slow initial load plus slow using the MOVE command. They asked me for my database but I told them they can use any database and see the load time versus 2.05. I have a large library but I'm not convinced that is an issue at all. 2.05 loads in 1/3 the time as 2.1 for me.
Diiijay 9:05 PM - 16 January, 2019
Quote:
I put a ticket in for slow initial load plus slow using the MOVE command. They asked me for my database but I told them they can use any database and see the load time versus 2.05. I have a large library but I'm not convinced that is an issue at all. 2.05 loads in 1/3 the time as 2.1 for me.

That's what I said: "The software with bugs strikes again ". Looks like they put the interns to develop the last and some other versions.
DjLouie Jr 1:44 AM - 17 January, 2019
2.1 crashed on me the very first song after i update to it, the song just stop playing it seemed to loss contact with my Rane 62 & pioneer cdj-2000 in HID Mode i had to go back to 2.0.5. running with no issues now i have 10.13.6 High Sierra MacBook Pro Late 2011, 17inch, 16GB 1TB SSD its a really bug they need to get on it
DjSyndic8 1:54 AM - 17 January, 2019
Quote:
2.1 crashed on me the very first song after i update to it, the song just stop playing it seemed to loss contact with my Rane 62 & pioneer cdj-2000 in HID Mode i had to go back to 2.0.5. running with no issues now i have 10.13.6 High Sierra MacBook Pro Late 2011, 17inch, 16GB 1TB SSD its a really bug they need to get on it

Open up a help request support.serato.com
but in the meantime I suggest you roll back to 2.05 the new version is just buggy as hell.
Diiijay 2:09 AM - 17 January, 2019
It's a shame...
onthe1 6:21 AM - 17 January, 2019
No problems here on PC either. Maybe a Mac issue?
dj_soo 7:09 AM - 17 January, 2019
it's super apparent if you use itunes.

2.0.5 - 30 seconds to load with 22k tracks.

2.1 - 1 minute, 20 seconds to load with the same itunes library.
DJ Tracy G. 1:50 AM - 18 January, 2019
I don’t even use iTunes and it’s still much longer load time. The Serato tech was just buying time asking me for my database. It like they didn’t want to use their own test databases OR they already know it’s an issue and we’re just trying to placate me. As a tech support manager in my other life I tell my team all the time how the customer should not be expected to augment our DevQA team unless they agreed to participate in a BETA.
popnwave 4:00 PM - 18 January, 2019
Quote:
I don’t even use iTunes and it’s still much longer load time. The Serato tech was just buying time asking me for my database. It like they didn’t want to use their own test databases OR they already know it’s an issue and we’re just trying to placate me. As a tech support manager in my other life I tell my team all the time how the customer should not be expected to augment our DevQA team unless they agreed to participate in a BETA.

I am sure they are looking for a common thread in the folks complaining about the load time.
Diiijay 2:25 PM - 20 January, 2019
It is! I got an excellent excuse for the developers ... a trainee published a BETA version. Excellent excuse, do not you think? #fanboysgocrazy
Itchin_4_A_Scratch 6:04 PM - 20 January, 2019
WHY IS THERE NO IGNORE FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM!!!!!!!
DJ Tracy G. 7:01 PM - 20 January, 2019
There is bro. You can hit the button called “Stop Tracking”
DJH_PGH 8:36 PM - 20 January, 2019
So is there a fix yet?
Is the "FIX" to delete the original 2.1 download and then reload it?
Or are y'all just gonna argue amongst yourselves?
Diiijay 8:44 PM - 20 January, 2019
I downloaded and installed the "corrected" version. And I continued to have problems.
Product without "quality control" is it!
DJH_PGH 8:45 PM - 20 January, 2019
thats a shame
DjSyndic8 9:09 PM - 20 January, 2019
Quote:
So is there a fix yet?
Is the "FIX" to delete the original 2.1 download and then reload it?
Or are y'all just gonna argue amongst yourselves?

uninstall 2.1 restart your windows then install 2.05... its a temp fix until the new update
al83 9:14 PM - 20 January, 2019
SDJ 2.1 loads in around 40 seconds, SSL 2.5 loads in 20 seconds.. and people were having a go at me for still using SSL!
DjSyndic8 9:41 PM - 20 January, 2019
Quote:
SDJ 2.1 loads in around 40 seconds, SSL 2.5 loads in 20 seconds.. and people were having a go at me for still using SSL!

everyone's load time is going to be different cause everyone's music library is different,
al83 10:14 PM - 20 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

everyone's load time is going to be different cause everyone's music library is different,

Of course, but the point is no matter what older version you use, it loads in around half the time!
Diiijay 10:22 AM - 21 January, 2019
As I said before the software is heavy and full of errors. Each version is a list of new bugs. Quality control needs to improve and much!
al83 10:53 AM - 21 January, 2019
Quote:
As I said before the software is heavy and full of errors. Each version is a list of new bugs. Quality control needs to improve and much!

Yep! I hope they spend 2019 fine tuning SDJ and focusing on workflow/GUI improvements, speed and stability.
Diiijay 3:40 PM - 21 January, 2019
I fully agree! This is what I have been saying here in this forum for a few days but some participants insist on defending the manufacturer's mistakes. An end product can not present both errors at once! Just read the forum calmly that we can prove it.
popnwave 4:26 PM - 21 January, 2019
Quote:
I fully agree! This is what I have been saying here in this forum for a few days but some participants insist on defending the manufacturer's mistakes. An end product can not present both errors at once! Just read the forum calmly that we can prove it.

Use 2.0.5 then and wait for a good version for your setup then.
DjSyndic8 7:00 PM - 21 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Use 2.0.5 then and wait for a good version for your setup then.

+1
Diiijay 10:33 PM - 21 January, 2019
It was exactly what I did. After so many errors from version 2.1.0 I went back to the 2.0.5 version. Yet I consider it absurd such a launch and with so many mistakes.
DJ REZ 2:29 PM - 30 January, 2019
I was a serato fan but these slow down issues have been escalating. I use both serato dj pro and rekordbox dj. and have to say that making a comparison on startup and close time. serato dj is 4:30 and rekordbox dj 25sec in total process. this is a big difference. same computer and same library.🤔
www.dropbox.com
DJ REZ 2:45 PM - 30 January, 2019
I was a serato fan but these slow down issues have been escalating. I use both serato dj pro and rekordbox dj. and have to say that making a comparison on startup and close time. serato dj is 4:30 and rekordbox dj 25sec in total process. this is a big difference. same computer and same library.🤔
youtu.be
Diiijay 4:21 PM - 30 January, 2019
I tried to open the same library I use in SERATODJ on its competitor the VIRTUALDJ and the time difference is absurd! VirtualDJ opens much faster. In my opinion, the CRATES system is guilty of that.
Chino 5:47 PM - 30 January, 2019
Quote:
youtu.be

Damn. I recently installed a Samsung 860 EVO internal SSD & SDJ Pro 2.1 load times are STILL considerably slower than 2.0.5. Not sure what is going on but a fix is definitely needed!

Mid 2012 MBP 2.6 i7 quad core
OSX 10.12.6 16 GB RAM
1 TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD
Chino 5:55 PM - 30 January, 2019
Quote:
Yep! I hope they spend 2019 fine tuning SDJ and focusing on workflow/GUI improvements, speed and stability.

^THIS!! (& maybe finally implement Day Mode???!!)
RodrigoVolta 2:13 PM - 28 February, 2019
Quote:
I downloaded and installed the "corrected" version. And I continued to have problems.
Product without "quality control" is it!

Finally I found someone really sensible here in this forum. For years I've been criticizing how Serato develops its software and nobody listens. Since the late ITCH, programmers do not listen to customers. They only know how to swell the software with features that few use and make it worse. Not to mention the poor support for those who have old controllers who supported ITCH, as if we were forced to change equipment every year...
I think there should be more people like you who are realistic and no brand fanboys at all!
Great job!!!
david07 2:32 PM - 28 February, 2019
I have already noticed something strange in this last version on my macbook pro mid2015 with mojave, unfortunately in mojave serato dj.pro it is not so fine anymore
popnwave 3:30 PM - 28 February, 2019
Quote:

Finally I found someone really sensible here in this forum. For years I've been criticizing how Serato develops its software and nobody listens. Since the late ITCH, programmers do not listen to customers. They only know how to swell the software with features that few use and make it worse. Not to mention the poor support for those who have old controllers who supported ITCH, as if we were forced to change equipment every year...
I think there should be more people like you who are realistic and no brand fanboys at all!
Great job!!!

Every year? Ok now you're getting to drama queen territory. I have a DDJ-SX that I got 6 years ago and I still use it at home with no problems.

As for loading, there's a new public beta that Serato posted about on Facebook, loading is much quicker for me on my old 2012 MacBook Pro than 2.1 was.

Diiijay is just a troll anyway, you want to side with him, plan to be ignored or flamed like you deserve.
Diiijay 4:53 PM - 28 February, 2019
I still disagree with the "fanboys". I just discovered a new app crash. Upon exiting Serato, an error window related to Directx was displayed. I asked for support help but it did not help. They did not even know what was happening. I ended up discovering the reason for such failure alone. Seratodj is incompatible with the Nvidia driver. I do not know if they are all but with two video cards I own the problem if it presented the same. I discovered that leaving the default Windows driver would solve the problem. Since I did not want to use standard Windows drivers I decided to change the video card to another one from AMD where I installed the original drivers from the manufacturer and the problem is solved. Summary: The support did not solve my problem I did it myself and it is another defect for Seratodj's already extensive list of errors. Remembering that my computer did not present any other problems with any other software installed. Only with Seratodj ... this marvel of software they both venerate in this innocent forum.
Diiijay 5:26 PM - 28 February, 2019
Fanboys are blind! I am a wide-eyed Troll and a cold heart! I want software that is stable. No bugs!
But just to prove that I am one of the best Trolls you have ever seen I will summarize the errors of this "excellent software".
- Super slow loading of the library; I experienced the free version of VirtualDJ (I've never used this application before) just to compare the loading time of my extensive library and how I expected it ... virutaldj opened my library instantly! Doubt??? So stop being "fanboy" and try to make the comparison yourself too!
-Waveform that looks like Ed's cartoon, Edd n Eddy. Tremble all the time! ahauhauha what a horrible Serato thing! I would be ashamed to present a final product with such a lack of sensitivity!
-CRATES ... have an idea worse than this ??? Of course not! You are required to manage two libraries! (The music files and the CRATES library). We have to make a real move if we want to move the music files to another folder. horrible
-There are various reports from users of this forum that do not let me lie. Just look. Some claim that the software suddenly stopped working and forced it to open again. Ever wonder??? You're in the middle of the ballad, and you're forced to tell the audience, "Ladies and gentlemen, please wait ... my software has made a mistake, and since it takes me a long time to read my files, it will take me a few minutes to get back to playing music, sorry".
DJ Tecniq 5:50 PM - 28 February, 2019
Here’s my issues I had to update to the latest version for my Mixars Primo...the GUI is so shitty and freezes up while searching or browsing my library the waveforms pause for seconds and glitch but the sound is never interrupted. Just curious if we’ll ever get a smooth GUI without the hiccups. With previous versions it is still there but not as bad. Just asking for pretty much every digital DJ on the planet😬
DJ Tecniq 5:53 PM - 28 February, 2019
I would much be in support of them getting rid of SDJ and starting a new platform. I can’t believe the GUI hasn’t been tweaked...instead we get more hardware support on new products...Whoop Dee fucking dooooo
Diiijay 6:09 PM - 28 February, 2019
Exactly ... the waveform gives small fights from time to time but it does not disturb the execution of the music. I reported this to the support team and they said they were aware of the problem. Actually I have never seen in any version of Seratodj these waveforms work smoothly. Like I said ... they seem to have been developed by the same creators of the animated cartoon Ed, Edd n Eddy.
Diiijay 6:11 PM - 28 February, 2019
Quote:
I would much be in support of them getting rid of SDJ and starting a new platform. I can’t believe the GUI hasn’t been tweaked...instead we get more hardware support on new products...Whoop Dee fucking dooooo

I agree!
DJ Tecniq 7:28 PM - 28 February, 2019
I’ve hated SDJ ever since Scratchlive I’ve made that very clear on the forums. The developers of SSL have been long gone and have nothing to do with SDJ. We have no choice but to use SDJ now just wish they would fix the issues.
DJ Val-BKNY11203 11:23 PM - 28 February, 2019
I have a 4 year old i5 Windows Acer with a 500 GB SSD. SDJ loads pretty quick for me. Only crashes I had was at the very beginning of the beta.
Diiijay 7:08 PM - 2 March, 2019
Quote:
I have a 4 year old i5 Windows Acer with a 500 GB SSD. SDJ loads pretty quick for me. Only crashes I had was at the very beginning of the beta.

You're a lucky guy (just read the various reports in this forum). But frankly ... how big is your library? Mine is very big! Did you like me and tested your library on other DJ software? I test my extensive library on the free version of VirtualDJ and it opened up instantly! And I discovered something else very good! In VirtualDJ we do not need to manage two libraries (the music files and the Crates). Just point to your music folder and all are recognized by the application. If you add a new song it automatically recognizes it. It is not necessary to add the new songs to the Crates library. I will end up becoming fanboy of VirtualDJ but as I have no money to buy it I will continue demanding a SeratoDJ without bugs.
al83 5:49 PM - 3 March, 2019
Quote:
I’ve hated SDJ ever since Scratchlive I’ve made that very clear on the forums. The developers of SSL have been long gone and have nothing to do with SDJ. We have no choice but to use SDJ now just wish they would fix the issues.

yep, same. i think SDJ 2 has been a step in the right direction, but still so much missing from what made SSL great.
Dj RMT 2:50 PM - 4 March, 2019
I am having an issue where I make a crate with my external plugged in then switch to a back up laptop to make sure everything works. I see the crates but when I try loading the track, i get the file missing notification. I am Serato DJ pro 2.1.0 Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad T430 Intel core I5 2.6 GHZ RAM 8 GB. Laptop 2 Serat DJ 1.9.10 Macbook Pro 13 Mid 2010 Core2Duo 2.4 GHZ RAM 4GB.
Diiijay 3:57 PM - 4 March, 2019
See there? The application is full of problems but the fanboys are blind! I will repeat: just a quick search in the forum to realize the amount of problems that the application has. The point is that developers are only concerned about supporting more and more hardware on the market and can not care less about the errors reported by users.
popnwave 5:38 PM - 4 March, 2019
Do you really think that by spamming multiple threads you are doing anything other than annoy other users?
DjSyndic8 7:56 PM - 4 March, 2019
Quote:
Do you really think that by spamming multiple threads you are doing anything other than annoy other users?

Totally agree he pounces on any comments that fits his or her agenda, bit tiring.
Diiijay 1:18 AM - 5 March, 2019
Quote:

======================================================================
My campaign is not against users. You guys are hurting because they are FANBOYS. My goal is that other users realize that the product has many flaws that need fixing and that the development team does not fix. I DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU. SO WHY DOES NOT SIMPLY NOT IGNORE MY POSTS? IT'S SIMPLE! FORGET ME!
dj_soo 1:20 AM - 5 March, 2019
Still waiting for that ignore feature on this forum.
Diiijay 1:21 AM - 5 March, 2019
Totally agree he pounces on any comments that fits his or her agenda, bit tiring.
=====================================================================
I recommend you do the following ... when you see my post ... skip and keep reading!
Diiijay 1:22 AM - 5 March, 2019
Quote:
Still waiting for that ignore feature on this forum.

Try to control anger ... it's bad for the soul.
dj_soo 1:44 AM - 5 March, 2019
No anger - your posts are just a complete waste of time.

Maybe you should see someone for your obvious personal issues.
Diiijay 1:50 AM - 5 March, 2019
Quote:
No anger - your posts are just a complete waste of time.

Maybe you should see someone for your obvious personal issues.

Another one from the FANBOYS team. as I have already said: "They multiply like rabbits."
dj_soo 2:27 AM - 5 March, 2019
Hardly. I have no issues calling out serato for their deficiencies.

Your issue is you're consistently derailing conversations and threads.

We get it, you don't like Serato - switch to something else and enjoy all the problems that other software also experiences.

If you have bugs, write them up, participate in the public beta - actually contribute.

Being a walking caricature of an entitled user does nothing but annoy everyone - including people that are actively trying to improve the software.
Diiijay 3:03 PM - 5 March, 2019
Quote:
Hardly. I have no issues calling out serato for their deficiencies.

Your issue is you're consistently derailing conversations and threads.

We get it, you don't like Serato - switch to something else and enjoy all the problems that other software also experiences.

If you have bugs, write them up, participate in the public beta - actually contribute.

Being a walking caricature of an entitled user does nothing but annoy everyone - including people that are actively trying to improve the software.

===================================================================
I will repeat but I think I will have to "draw" for you (FANBOYS) to understand that my campaign is not against users! It is against low quality paid software.
I will repeat, too, that it is enough to IGNORE MY POSTS! Follow your life in the forum! FORGET ME!
I WOULD LIKE to switch to other software but invested everything I could believe in the advertisement of this buggy software.
WHO KNOWS DO YOU INVITE THEM TO RETURN ALL MY INVESTED MONEY? REMEMBERING I BOUGHT ALL PACKAGES OF EFFECTS AND OTHER EXTRAS.
With respect to the BUGS I already contacted the support and they admitted some problems like the waveform but have no interest in correcting! They are only concerned with supporting more and more hardware in the market, making partnerships and publicizing the product.
NOBODY IS TRYING TO IMPROVE THE SOFTWARE IN THIS FORUM. EVERYBODY'S GETTING UP FOR TECHNICAL SUPPORT AND EVERY VERSION THE SOFTWARE HAS MORE AND MORE BUGS! (Just see the functions that worked well in previous versions and started to work poorly on newer versions.) Instead of walking forward we have to walk backwards!
Diiijay 3:21 PM - 5 March, 2019
To say that other software has problems is to say, "If my neighbor is wrong, I can go wrong too."
When you bow to others you become mediocre.
Chino 2:47 AM - 7 March, 2019
I can confirm a noticeable improvement to my music library load up times on SDJ Pro 2.1.1. Thank you to Serato for quickly addressing this issue!

16 GB RAM OSX 10.12.6
1 TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD
1TB external G-drive (music)
4TB external G-drive (vids)
Diiijay 3:04 AM - 7 March, 2019
Quote:
I can confirm a noticeable improvement to my music library load up times on SDJ Pro 2.1.1. Thank you to Serato for quickly addressing this issue!

16 GB RAM OSX 10.12.6
1 TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD
1TB external G-drive (music)
4TB external G-drive (vids)

Here version 2.1.1 was, at most, 10 seconds faster. I calculated the time it took for the library to be ready and it took absurdities: "46 seconds!"
I tested the same library in competing software and opened in, just, "5 seconds"!
Minimum difference.
DjSyndic8 11:04 AM - 7 March, 2019
Quote:
Here version 2.1.1 was, at most, 10 seconds faster. I calculated the time it took for the library to be ready and it took absurdities: "46 seconds!"
I tested the same library in competing software and opened in, just, "5 seconds"!
Minimum difference.

I think part of the reason serato is slow loading is because it quickly goes through your library re scanning id3 tags I don't know why it does this every time you start serato? shouldn't this info be already there from the last time it was opened, compared to virtual dj and others dj apps. I'm sure that little scan is whats causing some djs with a large library to have issues.
Diiijay 12:33 PM - 7 March, 2019
There's been enough time to make that correction. But as I always say: "There is no interest in it. They just want to support more and more hardware on the market."When will the users' priority be?
popnwave 2:04 PM - 7 March, 2019
PEBCAK
Diiijay 3:53 AM - 8 March, 2019
Quote:
PEBCAK

====================================================================
For the first time I agree with you!
The problem is between the chair and the keyboard of SeratoDJ developers. It's time to review this development team that is farther back than it is ahead!
That's it, FANBOY !!! (Being sarcastic ...)
DJ Anti Hero 6:10 AM - 9 March, 2019
I'm not sure how stable 2.1.1 is - haven't tested it out - but have tested the load times... almost identical to 2.0.5 ... maybe slower by 2~3 seconds... I'm cool with that. Glad this has been fixed. (Not like I'm likely to ever use the Soundcloud/Tidal option lol)

Some of you guys have had stability issues it seems? Is that on Mac or Windows?

Seems like I have to test out 2.1.1 at home a few times before I use it at work. But 2.0.5 has been working just fine - so no stress here - glad this library taking forever to load thing is now a resolved issue and not a permanent thing (or I'd likely just never update Serato DJ from 2.0.5 ever...)

A.H.
HighTopFade 9:59 AM - 9 March, 2019
Just installed and started up. Yeah, it's way faster.
Diiijay 11:16 AM - 9 March, 2019
Quote:
Just installed and started up. Yeah, it's way faster.

===============================================================
In fact this version only corrected the library's overloaded loading time. Even so the charging time is far from ideal. I do not think we should consider this time enough. Forget about the size of the library. Read what I wrote up there: "I calculated the opening time of my library in competing software and it was ready for use in just five seconds!" If other software gets this quick and short time why SeratoDJ can not?
CMOS 5:11 PM - 9 March, 2019
That other software just lists folders on your hard drive, it doesnt scan an internal database for file locations and crate lists.

Why is 46 seconds to load your "very large library" such a big deal, you are talking about a 39 second difference like its screwing up your life and making it so you cannot work.
DANGERUST 3:44 AM - 10 March, 2019
Ok guys I have just compared the loading time of 2.1 & 2.1.1 and the out come for me is the 2.1.1 is faster by a whole 8 seconds. Which was 24 seconds to read my library. I have got a huge library, over 70,000 songs and that includes 3500 MP4 files.

I used to use the iTunes tick box in Serato and that seemed to take minutes to read my library back in the day.
There's my 2 cents.
DjSyndic8 4:00 AM - 10 March, 2019
Quote:
Ok guys I have just compared the loading time of 2.1 & 2.1.1 and the out come for me is the 2.1.1 is faster by a whole 8 seconds. Which was 24 seconds to read my library. I have got a huge library, over 70,000 songs and that includes 3500 MP4 files.

I used to use the iTunes tick box in Serato and that seemed to take minutes to read my library back in the day.
There's my 2 cents.

your library is mediocre large library is around 90 to 100k plus, 24 secs is pretty good though,
Diiijay 12:27 PM - 10 March, 2019
Quote:
That other software just lists folders on your hard drive, it doesnt scan an internal database for file locations and crate lists.

Why is 46 seconds to load your "very large library" such a big deal, you are talking about a 39 second difference like its screwing up your life and making it so you cannot work.

==============================================================
But you're only giving me reason !!! It is just this process of SeratoDJ that makes it slow!
The Crates system is bad. Mainly because it does not update the contents of the library automatically.
And another thing ... it's the year 2019. Computer science is automation!
39 seconds ??? In 39 seconds I order pizza ... using computer technology!
Diiijay 12:29 PM - 10 March, 2019
Quote:

There's my 2 cents.

=====================================================================
That's it! The difference is minimal!
Certainly the development team was focused on developing the new functions.
Diiijay 12:33 PM - 10 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

There's my 2 cents.

your library is mediocre large library is around 90 to 100k plus, 24 secs is pretty good though,

My library is over 90k and takes 5 seconds to load into the competing software. I do not use SSD!
In SeratoDJ it takes 46 (on average) seconds to be ready.
If something can be better ... why not do it?
Comrade Tulayev 2:52 PM - 10 March, 2019
Can't we just ban this twat
raedonquan 4:04 PM - 10 March, 2019
Quote:

My library is over 90k and takes 5 seconds to load into the competing software. I do not use SSD!

DjSyndic8 4:17 PM - 10 March, 2019
Quote:

lol
Diiijay 1:04 PM - 11 March, 2019
Quote:

lol that scared! My life will end without this forum!
Diiijay 1:09 PM - 11 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
========================================================
=======

Welcome to the SeratoDJ Fanboys Club!
Soon you will receive your card. Restless and unobtrusive users are our preference. This is very good for us developers! So we can continue to advance our goal of supporting more and more hardware in the market and make many partnerships.
DjSyndic8 6:31 PM - 11 March, 2019
DIIIIJAY my loadtime is 2min30secs Doesnt bother me as long as it loads I cant believe u complaining about you secs of loadtime
raedonquan 6:43 PM - 11 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
=================================================
=======
=======

Welcome to the SeratoDJ Fanboys Club!
Soon you will receive your card. Restless and unobtrusive users are our preference. This is very good for us developers! So we can continue to advance our goal of supporting more and more hardware in the market and make many partnerships.

no fan boy i use a different software for my main gigs.... but i use them all... you just dont understand that different programs use their own method

why does traktor use TSI files. for mapping software and serato uses xml...

vdj uses a file system that locates all mp3... so what the big difference.

yeah you can buy a dj library conversion tool..

yesterday i tried traktor3 and the library took a bit long to load and it was only one folder with 1k songs.

djay pro2 has a hard time loading mp4 large library... everytime i open it up..

so your complaint is null .... for that whole 45sec load time..
DjSyndic8 10:05 PM - 11 March, 2019
Quote:
djay pro2 has a hard time loading mp4 large library... everytime i open it up..

Mine loads quick on 13inch i7 mac mid 2012
raedonquan 10:25 PM - 11 March, 2019
I have a smashvid folder reading straight out of my music folder in the main drive..

Ever time I access it and scroll to the bottom to get to the 135 bpm videos the library screen goes blank.. then the beach ball happens

High sierra. 2011 i7 ssd internal.
DJ Marv the Maverick 11:32 PM - 11 March, 2019
Quote:

Their filesystem or database management is on steroids.

I have an LE copy of VDJ8.

Instant start up and exit.

It even read my Serato crates, with hot cues intact.
Chino 4:06 PM - 12 March, 2019
Quote:

I've been hearing a lot of good things about VDJ lately.
popnwave 4:22 PM - 12 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

I've been hearing a lot of good things about VDJ lately.

I used to goof on it it a lot since it was the "cheap" aka pirate DJs favorite, but if/when my MacBook Pro dies, I am seriously considering the jump if I go the PC laptop route. For video it's pretty much THE way to go if you're not on a Mac.
Diiijay 12:14 PM - 13 March, 2019
Quote:
DIIIIJAY my loadtime is 2min30secs Doesnt bother me as long as it loads I cant believe u complaining about you secs of loadtime

================================================================
Talk to the hand!

Note: Please ignore my posts! Some users are already opening their minds and doing the tests I'm proposing! Only they interest me. You FANBOYS just want to discuss and defend buggy software.
Diiijay 12:18 PM - 13 March, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

If the competing software can load the library instantly (including reading CRATES) why can not SeratoDJ?