DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

rane 62 mixer off duty due firmware interuption

Restless 4:20 PM - 15 December, 2018
Bought the macbook pro 2017, tried to install the firmware and it interupted, i think due bad wifi connection or it just went out.

Can get my mixer to work,no lights no nothing, tried hard reset, tried other stream cable, nothing!

just before booking, help!
DJ Irv 5:27 PM - 15 December, 2018
I've had firmware upgrades on computer motherboards go bad before. It usually bricks the board. I think you should reach out to Rane strait away. I'm sure they've seen a firmware update fail before and know what to do. Chances are you might have to mail out your 72 so they can take the board out and re-flash it or replace the trouble chip.
Culprit 3:13 AM - 20 December, 2018
You can't revert or reset the firmware on the 62 but I would try reverting the 62 back to factory settings by turning off the mixer, holding down the Flex FX buttons for PGM 1 and PGM2, and turn on the mixer (while holding down those buttons).
The Flex FX buttons should flash at you once telling you its been restored properly.