Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Serato Play + Some Midi Devices

RGR 10:45 AM - 13 December, 2018
Just downloaded Serato Play. Can be useful in some circumstances. However, it would have been nice in Serato Play mode to allow one to connect some small MIDI devices (e.g., Neon Reloop). It's too much to do everything on the computer keyboard. 5 out of 10 stars as it is today.
Le Frique 6:08 PM - 16 December, 2018
You can‘t even use Serato Remote with Play... I also would like to have midi or remote functionality in Play👍
DJ Leroy DJ 9:49 AM - 24 December, 2018
Agreed I’d like to be able to use my DDJ-SP1 alongside it. It’s a bit annoying as I payed the full licence for Serato Pro (so I can use without it being connected to a controller) and I’ve now payed for play.
al83 8:35 PM - 30 May, 2019
Hey Serato, is there plans for full MIDI mapping to any controller for Serato Play in future?
MTBScab 3:09 PM - 4 June, 2019
Plus one here.
RiceCube 12:00 AM - 16 September, 2019
Bump. Why the heck is midi mapping disabled in SDJ Pro when a controller isn't connected? For music organization purposes (tagging, naming, etc.), would have been extremely useful to be able to connect small midi controllers. I also just paid $29 for Serato Play. I wish I could get a refund. Can anyone from Serato please let us know if this is in the works?
bohlrocka 3:51 PM - 28 December, 2019
+1
midienthusiast 2:10 AM - 26 January, 2020
Is MIDI support for Serato Play happening ever?
savelhas 9:47 PM - 17 March, 2020
seratooo libera o midi do serato play, possuo digital SP1 e nao posso usar ele no modo offline, triste em pagar 29 dolares e não desfrutar de algo que seria perfeito para treinar rotinas em aeroporto, onibus entre outros :(
Blank_Disk 8:38 AM - 5 April, 2020
been asking for midi upgrade for about 4 years and still not had an answer, the only place I have seen a response is the crate auto-sync question, that's the only response I have seen for anything other than when I opened a ticket once and got told its not planned in the future.
thebulge 6:31 AM - 12 November, 2020
+1

I was interested in Serato Play --- and then using my Neon to make Flips without my mixer connected... so this currently is not possible?

I know the offline player doesn't respond to the Neon -- but with a Serato play add-on it doesn't either???
Dj Wunder 7:43 AM - 18 November, 2020
+1
DJ Gerhard 5:21 PM - 25 July, 2022
Hi Serato Product Team,

Has there been any update on this? I recently bought a Reloop Neon and did not know the meaning of SOA.

I would like to use the Reloop Neon with Serato DJ Pro + Play without having main hardware connected.

The use would mainly be for hot cue prep etc but I see this is not allowed. This is not going to hinder a purchase on any of your other hardware it just makes life practical when on the move instead of using the keyboard shortcuts.

Hope you take this into consideration.
Gordey 10:17 AM - 12 December, 2022
This is a necessary function to use a MIDI device in SERATO PLAY mode via the built-in sound card!!!
metroplex2005 10:49 PM - 12 December, 2022
Quote:
This is a necessary function to use a MIDI device in SERATO PLAY mode via the built-in sound card!!!

And would completely destroy Serato DJ Pro's license model (only certified hardware, upgrade license from Lite, ect.)...
That's why this will never happen.
Blank_Disk 2:15 PM - 13 December, 2022
it would destroy the license model, i have a pro license and it still does not unlock midi functionality, just upgrades devices if you use a lite controller, its a shame because pioneer have followed the same model, starting to look like ill be going back to traktor eventually, just a shame native instruments hardware is so basic looking.
Kamza 6:45 AM - 22 December, 2022
+1

I have an Akai AFX and the fact that I can't use it in Play without connecting the AMX is crazy. Please open Play up to allowing more features, especially because its a paid for expansion.