Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

64 GB Ram, Necessary? Helpful?

DJ Intrigue 10:44 PM - 6 December, 2018
I see all this talk on the forums about 64 GB of Ram machines.... Does anybody actually have such a spec'd machine?

How does it run? like insanely fast? Will it really make a difference?
RR437T 10:48 PM - 6 December, 2018
You most likely will see little to no difference with anything over 16gb. I'm assuming you will be running just Serato and not have a bunch of other apps running.
DJ Intrigue 10:57 PM - 6 December, 2018
correct, must only be helpful for editing like 4/5k videos eh?
DJ JulioYEG 1:52 AM - 7 December, 2018
maybe if you use sync and mix with 24 decks of songs with video LOL
DjSyndic8 4:05 AM - 9 December, 2018
Quote:
correct, must only be helpful for editing like 4/5k videos eh?

not even that you need GPU power for video stuff 64GB of ram will help in having multiple software's running at once

you can also use your ram for paging file memory, so many uses for having a lot of ram memory

also bear in mind you may have 64gb ram but the you gotta look at the mhz speed ranging from 1600 to 3200mhz and in some cases higher specked rams have to be down clocked if your processor is overclocked, so its not that amazing having 64gb ram :)
RR437T 5:49 PM - 9 December, 2018
"also bear in mind you may have 64gb ram but the you gotta look at the mhz speed ranging from 1600 to 3200mhz"

If you actually had any real experience with different ram speeds, you'll know that it makes little to no difference 99% of the time.

"in some cases higher specked rams have to be down clocked if your processor is overclocked"

Do you have any idea how rare it is to have to under clock memory? And even if you have to, you messed up somewhere else and should deal with the real problem.

Either way he has a Mac Mini. So once again, stop making a fool of yourself.
DjSyndic8 5:56 PM - 9 December, 2018
Rr432T again I advise you to mind your bussiness and s stop harrassing me and other members on this forum your comments clogs up the threads and is useless information read by know one please refrain from doing this the complaints against you is piling up thank you.
RR437T 6:55 PM - 9 December, 2018
That's fine with me. Let the complaints pile up. If Serato wants to kick me off the site for calling you out on your jackass comments that can easily be proven false, let them. And even if they do get rid of me, I'll have the last laugh - you'll still be here posting crap information.

Complain away, and as always, keep making a fool of yourself.
DjSyndic8 11:16 PM - 9 December, 2018
That's your problem you are a wannabee serato mod it's never gonna happen cos you make yourself look like a knobend just give it up bro and stop being so maad😂😂
RR437T 2:26 AM - 10 December, 2018
Quote:
That's your problem you are a wannabee serato mod it's never gonna happen cos you make yourself look like a knobend just give it up bro and stop being so maad😂😂

Sorry. Pleasing you isn't on my to do list. Besides, correcting your bad info is good for the site.
DjSyndic8 7:30 AM - 10 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Sorry. Pleasing you isn't on my to do list. Besides, correcting your bad info is good for the site.

LMAO 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 yet you lose sleep over it every night 😂😂😂😂😂😂 0 Care Given Give it up Sister....
DJ JulioYEG 9:52 PM - 10 December, 2018
the whole time it was him LOL
YZ 4:48 PM - 11 December, 2018
Quote:
I see all this talk on the forums about 64 GB of Ram machines.... Does anybody actually have such a spec'd machine?

Hogwash, I'm running Serato from an r2.2xlarge instance type In AWS using an 211.9 spec'd hi-def/hd remote USB receiver to wirelessly connect through a secure vpn tunnel directly to my mixer, where I installed an RJ45 female port. It will take massive dumps on any physical 64gb ram setup on this forum, period.
The Return of Dj Sparky 8:23 PM - 11 December, 2018
I'd take technical advise from a monkey before I'd listen to syndick, sure he once told me he knew the software better then be because he's from new Zealand, haha
DjSyndic8 11:58 AM - 12 December, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Hogwash, I'm running Serato from an r2.2xlarge instance type In AWS using an 211.9 spec'd hi-def/hd remote USB receiver to wirelessly connect through a secure vpn tunnel directly to my mixer, where I installed an RJ45 female port. It will take massive dumps on any physical 64gb ram setup on this forum, period.

totally agree YZ:)