Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Played Tracks in Serato DJ Pro mess around with actual file in music folder.

Rocs_WitIt 9:34 AM - 2 December, 2018
I've come across a weird problem, and i'll try to explain as best as I can. Basically, if i play a song in Serato DJ Pro, the actual physical file that is in the folder for my dj music will automatically be at the very top of my list of songs with a new "date added". This has been happening for the last several months and it starting to drive me crazy.

I've tried looking through the forum but can't seem to find anything. Is this happening to anyone else and if so, is there a fix? It's like Serato DJ is altering the actual file and makes seem it was added recently when it was added months/years ago.
The Return of Dj Sparky 8:51 PM - 2 December, 2018
are you grouping it date modified or by date created in windows?
Rocs_WitIt 9:02 PM - 2 December, 2018
Forgot to mention this is on Mac OS, currently on Mojave but it’s been doing this since the last 2 releases or so.

In my actual folder for my music, it’s organized by ‘date added’.
DJ JulioYEG 4:16 PM - 5 December, 2018
weird this has never occurred to me before
DJCarlos. 2:45 PM - 9 June, 2019
Hi did you manage to fix this ?
i have had this same issue since 1 (maybe 2) update of seratovdj
and on mojave and before

thanks for any info

i play on mac, but i prepare at home on my pc
so my external is formated in exFat.
Rocs_WitIt 7:01 AM - 9 July, 2019
I thought I figured it out but something else happened. I had 2 "database V2" files, one was a back up from when i tried fixing something with my music library. I was suppose to delete it once i was done, but never did. When i realized it was in there, I deleted it and started playing around with music in serato and the actual files didn't move (which was the main problem). Something happened recently and it's doing it again though, but I don't know what is.
DJCarlos. 9:58 AM - 9 July, 2019
Thanks for the info, i am going to look into this :-)