DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Ddj sr2 turntables

braker1 11:54 PM - 16 November, 2018
Hello people,
I am looking for a controller small enough to carry around and also to hook up my technics so i can scratch and play in dvs mode at my home.So the ddjsr2 seems to be the best solution since i am in serato.
The questions is
Can i put an innofader in ddjsr2? You can put it in ddjsr1.
And does anybody knows how good the stock crossfader is for scratching?
Thank you very much guys
popnwave 12:03 AM - 17 November, 2018
www.reddit.com

There's a decent discussion about it.
braker1 12:11 AM - 17 November, 2018
Thank you popnwave.
I want to believe that the inno is compatible since it is with the previous version but these is totally my thoughts haha
popnwave 3:28 PM - 20 November, 2018
Quote:
Thank you popnwave.
I want to believe that the inno is compatible since it is with the previous version but these is totally my thoughts haha

I doubt the pin connections changed, I'd just be worried about if the crossfader slot was any bigger/smaller just by a hair.
braker1 7:50 PM - 5 December, 2018
guys i just bought the SR2 and i ve got to say its incredible.The crossfader is not that sharp as i am used to the innofader but i can live with that.The current innos do not fit in but i hope in the future that it will be a model for sr2.Again great unit
Logisticalstyles 8:25 PM - 5 December, 2018
The stock fader is pretty decent for a controller in that price range. I would like to replace it though. It feels like it would break with any heavy scratching. When I first got my SR2 I hooked it up to the Technics and it worked well but after a week or two I realized that it just wasn't very practical, especially for a mobile situation.
dj_soo 3:21 AM - 7 December, 2018
have you adjusted the cut lag in the utility mode?
Matt Sherman 4:05 AM - 7 December, 2018
What do most y'all keep your cut lag on the crossfader at? I am using the stock setting on the S9 and I think it's 1mm? I'd have to check. It's pretty sweet although I don't have a lot of experience with other mixers. I like how the crossfader doesn't make the loud clicking sound whereas a lot of others do.
dj_soo 4:39 AM - 7 December, 2018
on the S9, I usually put it to .3 mm - I know a lot of people like it tighter. On the Rane 72, I usually have it at 2 on the crossfader lag adjust which I think it .2 or .3 mm
Matt Sherman 4:45 AM - 7 December, 2018
Quote:
on the S9, I usually put it to .3 mm - I know a lot of people like it tighter. On the Rane 72, I usually have it at 2 on the crossfader lag adjust which I think it .2 or .3 mm

Only thing that sucks with a short cut is when you accidentally bump the fader and the other channels music comes through lol
DJ Intrigue 5:12 PM - 10 December, 2018
Quote:
What do most y'all keep your cut lag on the crossfader at? I am using the stock setting on the S9 and I think it's 1mm? I'd have to check. It's pretty sweet although I don't have a lot of experience with other mixers. I like how the crossfader doesn't make the loud clicking sound whereas a lot of others do.

Have you tried a 72 yet? The faders on that mixer are what every fader aspires to be.
dj_soo 9:58 PM - 10 December, 2018
I prefer the S9 fader feel, but the 72 faders are good.

Quote:

Have you tried a 72 yet? The faders on that mixer are what every fader aspires to be.

You should really work your game more - this shit is beyond obvious
popnwave 10:28 PM - 10 December, 2018
Quote:
You should really work your game more - this shit is beyond obvious

You know people are suspect with bare bones profiles and if you google their name it goes nowhere :)
DJ Intrigue 10:37 PM - 10 December, 2018
“Work on your game”, “ we google’d you”. Awww man, ya’ll got me shakin in my boots over here.

I know not of what you speak, the name is DJ Intrigue the #1 DJ in Antartica, and once I blow up THE WORLD WILL KNOW INTRIGUE. That’s all you need to know.
Matt Sherman 3:21 AM - 11 December, 2018
Quote:
“Work on your game”, “ we google’d you”. Awww man, ya’ll got me shakin in my boots over here.

I know not of what you speak, the name is DJ Intrigue the #1 DJ in Antartica, and once I blow up THE WORLD WILL KNOW INTRIGUE. That’s all you need to know.

I will let the mod know TurtleFace is back!
braker1 12:10 PM - 20 March, 2019
Ohhh maan...i thought we were talking about crossfaders...hahhaha
Are we on a battle?????
Back to the subject yess i ve have adjusted the crossfader lag time from the utility mode...very important think and not obvious!!