DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

HELP!!!

ResyOne 5:32 PM - 16 November, 2018
I've noticed this happening a lot more lately ever since I switched to Serato DJ Pro.

Anyone else?

So it's the day of the show, sound check runs perfect...no glitches. Then it comes time to hit the stage and ALL OF A SUDDEN (worst nightmare). I connect my Ortofon OM Pro S's, connect my Macbook 13" (mid 2012 version). I play a track and can't get a clean read off of the Serato vinyl or it will play then start slowing down during my set. I've tried making quick adjustments while on stage from, cleaning the needle, adjusting the weight and finally quickly trying to do a calibration in the Serato settings...but no luck! I have to go internal mode. I never had this issue with Serato SL. I hope you haven't experienced the same but if you have, some help would be nice.

Equipment:

Technics 1200's
Rane 72
macbook Pro (macOS Sierra 10.12.6)
Laz219 12:19 AM - 17 November, 2018
What do the scopes look like when it's happening?
novakone 12:19 AM - 17 November, 2018
New stylus
New CV
ResyOne 12:27 AM - 17 November, 2018
Thanks for the reply...

I carry a couple of stylus w/ the same Ortfon's and still no change.

Scopes are all over the place, I'll switch for a different cartridge and same output.

(It' s been driving me crazy)
Laz219 12:30 AM - 17 November, 2018
support.serato.com

Do they match anything you see on that link?
ResyOne 12:34 AM - 17 November, 2018
no, looked online some time ago....it's sucks also cause the venue provides the equipment so it's a different reading every time. It's been so bad that I'm thinking of investing in the PHASE.
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 9:51 PM - 19 November, 2018
72 Internal mode.