Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

just upgraded to Mojave, getting audio drop outs when HDMI cord is plugged in

sappysport215 5:07 PM - 16 November, 2018
I have a mid 2014 MBP Retina
Serato DJ Pro
Mix Emergency

I’ve just upgraded to Mojave 2 weeks ago.
(I had High Sierra prior and never had an issue)

Everything works fine at home and at the venue 2 weeks ago.

And then 1 week later, I started experiencing audio drop outs

This ONLY happens when the HDMI cord is plugged in with Serato Dj pro & Mix Emergency running

But when the hdmi cord is UNPLUGGED with Serato DJ pro & Mix Emergency running. It works fine.

(Side note, when I tested it at home with the hdmi cord plugged into a regular pc monitor, it works fine with Serato DJ pro & Mix Emergency)

(The venue has TV’s ran through a splitter going to 8 TV’s)

Any ideas what is going on here folks?
popnwave 10:30 PM - 16 November, 2018
So it works OK at home? Is the cord provided by the venue? Could be theirs going bad.
sappysport215 1:31 AM - 17 November, 2018
Quote:
So it works OK at home? Is the cord provided by the venue? Could be theirs going bad.

i use the venue's cord and my own cord, same results.

next step is to plug into my tv at home and see what happens
sappysport215 4:13 AM - 19 November, 2018
i just did some more test, problem ONLY occurs when the hdmi cord is plugged in.

i ran serato dj pro with the hdmi cord plugged in. and instantly started getting problems with audio drop outs and then eventually serato crashed on me..

it worked fine on High Sierra

any ideas?
Culprit 5:22 PM - 19 November, 2018
This seems to be a common problem go to Serato 2.1 public beta and report it
sappysport215 5:23 PM - 19 November, 2018
thanks
DJ Tecniq 8:48 AM - 26 November, 2018
Heard of this as well all honesty you shouldn’t of updated to Mojave without fully testing the software. The same thing happened with High Sierra. A reinstall of your OS would prob fix it as others that updated their OS had video issues. Updated from a previous OS is never fail safe. Clean install is always better.
DJ Tecniq 8:48 AM - 26 November, 2018
Updating*
sappysport215 6:18 PM - 29 November, 2018
Ok folks, so after LOTS of testing between reformatting my laptop and going back to High Sierra OS.

It still crashed my Serato Dj Pro

(So in other words, Mojave & Mix Emergency was actually running fine after all 🤦‍♂️)

The final result from lots of testing was a bad Yamaha home receiver the venue was using for a “hdmi switch” that feeds into the hdmi splitter.

FCUK!
All this headache for nothing cause of a bad hdmi switch putting too much load on my cpu making my Serato Dj pro crash..

I’ve also consulted a video installer for venues about this. He confirmed that the set up at the venue was causing problems with VDJ

I’ve also spoke to other DJ’s at this venue and they was having a similar problem

Thanks for the help guys.

PEACE!

(Is there a way to post up pics in here?)
popnwave 6:54 PM - 29 November, 2018
Glad to hear you got that sorted. The whole HDMI handshake thing can really fuck things up these days so hearing about one bad link making life hell for you makes sense.
styloop 7:26 AM - 6 June, 2019
same here
DJLUPE(CHUPEMIX) 11:31 PM - 13 August, 2019
I hAve the same problem I need help
i ran serato dj pro with the hdmi cord plugged in. and instantly started getting problems with audio drop outs and then eventually serato crashed on me..
popnwave 3:49 PM - 14 August, 2019
Try the things suggested.
RICKY-SEKHON 3:46 AM - 15 August, 2019
following