Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

I can not keep the BPM on a fixed value

Rémi 1:31 PM - 8 November, 2018
Hi everyone,

I control Serato DJ with a Pioneer DJM S9 mixer and a single turntable Numark Pro TT1.

Vinyl turntable with special Serato vinyl in Relative mode on the left side
Internal mode on right side

On the left deck, and despite a good DVS configuration
(Balancing arm - platinum cell, signal calibration);

I can not keep the BPM on a fixed value, it constantly move ..

For example: 90 - 90.1 - 90.2 - 90.1 ......

Will you help me to stabilize the BPM value please?

Thanks in advance,

Rémi
HighTopFade 3:55 PM - 8 November, 2018
Try the Anti-Drift feature available on Serato DJ 1.9.6 or newer.
DJ JulioYEG 6:44 PM - 8 November, 2018
Quote:
Hi everyone,

I control Serato DJ with a Pioneer DJM S9 mixer and a single turntable Numark Pro TT1.

Vinyl turntable with special Serato vinyl in Relative mode on the left side
Internal mode on right side

On the left deck, and despite a good DVS configuration
(Balancing arm - platinum cell, signal calibration);

I can not keep the BPM on a fixed value, it constantly move ..
its called wow and flutter dont worry about it to much thats normal for djing with tts, it shouldnt make your mixes off unless it goes over about .7
For example: 90 - 90.1 - 90.2 - 90.1 ......

Will you help me to stabilize the BPM value please?

Thanks in advance,

Rémi
dj_soo 9:06 PM - 8 November, 2018
Part of playing on turntables.
DJ JulioYEG 1:46 AM - 9 November, 2018
wow my comment got completely unformatted
DJ Tecniq 4:22 AM - 9 November, 2018
It’s normal it’s called wow/flutter which causes pitch fluctuation. If you came from a controller it’s the complete opposite and more consistent cause you’re using internal mode with DVS your bpm will slightly change cause you’re using an analog device. Welcome to the real world of DJ’ing you’ll just have to adjust to it and ride the pitch a bit.
DJ JulioYEG 4:24 AM - 9 November, 2018
Quote:
It’s normal it’s called wow/flutter which causes pitch fluctuation. If you came from a controller it’s the complete opposite and more consistent cause you’re using internal mode with DVS your bpm will slightly change cause you’re using an analog device. Welcome to the real world of DJ’ing you’ll just have to adjust to it and ride the pitch a bit.

he wouldnt be able to ride the pitch lol thats more for experienced people, hed be beter off twisting
DJ Tecniq 4:32 AM - 9 November, 2018
Thing is with real vinyl it seems more consistent and i rarely have to make those Pitch adjustments but with DVS you have to do more fiddling. From
What i recall SSL had less pitch fluctuation than SDJ does i would test the two but i no longer use ssl. I always feel I’m doing too much with the pitch just to keep it locked and anti-drift is only a bandaid fix however when Phase is released it will make transitions and mixing much easier cause there is no pitch fluctuation with the technology whatsoever. I’m ready to get rid of my needles ✌🏼
DJ JulioYEG 4:55 AM - 9 November, 2018
Quote:
Thing is with real vinyl it seems more consistent and i rarely have to make those Pitch adjustments but with DVS you have to do more fiddling. From
What i recall SSL had less pitch fluctuation than SDJ does i would test the two but i no longer use ssl. I always feel I’m doing too much with the pitch just to keep it locked and anti-drift is only a bandaid fix however when Phase is released it will make transitions and mixing much easier cause there is no pitch fluctuation with the technology whatsoever. I’m ready to get rid of my needles ✌🏼

I still use ssl at one of my residencies n it flutters less 100p, I always was taught to ride the pitch fader lol so it doesn't bother me, plus im not a dvs dj been spinnin on real vinyl since a youngin my ear is tuned for this shit hahaha
The Return of Dj Sparky 7:19 AM - 9 November, 2018
With phase you will be still subject to this, phase will mirror exactly how the platter rotates and that's not going to change by putting a little device on the record
DJ Tecniq 9:04 AM - 9 November, 2018
Quote:
I still use ssl at one of my residencies n it flutters less 100p, I always was taught to ride the pitch fader lol so it doesn't bother me, plus im not a dvs dj been spinnin on real vinyl since a youngin my ear is tuned for this shit hahaha
Then this is a clear indication the Serato DJ developers screwed up how the hell are they going to have worse pitch fluctuation in SDJ than SSL. The only reason i think they added anti-drift cause they knew they fucked up a long time ago if they could tweak that i would have more faith in DVS. I had horrible latency issues occur at least twice but hasn’t happened since. I’m hoping i can get a video clip of it so I can show them there software has serious issues and get an explanation why it occurs.
dj_soo 9:41 AM - 9 November, 2018
The mega latency bug is well known.

One of the ways you can trigger it is connecting to a wifi hotspot while DJing, but that's not the only way it happens.

I was getting it a lot on my 62 and traced it to a bad cable, but it's definitely in there.

I haven't seen it yet on the 72 tho.