Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

vinyl like browsing experience on SDJ Pro?

M.adaM 11:16 PM - 7 November, 2018
Hi,

I would like to know how can I have the closest vinyl-like browsing and song organizing experience within SDJPro?
I'm dj-ing about 22 years now. (Vinyl only)
The only thing I miss from EVERY digital emulation is the same intuitive, artwork based track browsing and organizing experience that I got used with.

What is the closest way to achieve this in SDJ?
I have an NS7II, really like it,but the never ending reading of the track names makes me crazy.

I miss the old days when I went on stage and from 2 box of vinyls I could play 2-3 hours and play every record at least 1 track (30-60 sec/ record on the Techics, like DJ Numark does in his videos)

Now I can't do it like that 'couse I'm reading song and artist labels and trying to find out how the artwork of that record was.
I'm feeling old

I can recall things by pictures

I would like to organize these in the same way I've don years before.
If I want a record be moved it automatically moves all the tracks to a specified place in the list.
Maybe even different cover pic for the A/B sides....

Please someone give directions for me, couse I'm feeling I will sell everything, let the new kids play and quit.

Will be there any xtended screens in SDJ? I have a bunch of Ipad minis so I could use them for this browsing.

Even 4 xtended screens could be useful so every deck could have its own crate and the 17" PC having the decks and waves only

I guess this is not a mission impossible so close to 2019
DjSyndic8 11:45 PM - 7 November, 2018
I feel the same way I use to just look at a record cover and I knew what was on there A and B side, but this is the evolution of DJing you have to adapt to the new way of doing what you've been doing for over 20 years

one thing I used to do was when I had records I used to sort my records into BPM Beats per Minute,
so I had a milk crate with records 95bpm to 100bpm etc.

and that's how I have my crates on serato I sort them into different bpms and it makes it easy for me to find music to mix into my set, cause my memory is not that good due to old age or Dementia :)

I could have a crate called "RNB Remixes" and have sub-crates of "95bpm" and another sub-crates of 95bpm 1 - 95bpm 2 - 95 bpm 3 etc.
M.adaM 7:11 AM - 8 November, 2018
Sorry, but I never made crates by bpm.
I use to make it like by artist, label or as matching songs.
DjSyndic8 10:38 AM - 8 November, 2018
Quote:
Sorry, but I never made crates by bpm.
I use to make it like by artist, label or as matching songs.

I know, just saying this is my way of transitioning from records but good luck with what your looking for.
novakone 10:56 AM - 8 November, 2018
Try making smart crates in ITunes then importing them over.
Helped me loads when I first started SSL

You gotta keep swimming or your gonna drown
DJ JulioYEG 6:46 PM - 8 November, 2018
virtul dj and cross dj does this, but the file needs to have the artwwork
DjSyndic8 10:49 PM - 8 November, 2018
Quote:
Try making smart crates in ITunes then importing them over.
Helped me loads when I first started SSL

You gotta keep swimming or your gonna drown

+1

all oldschool DJs have to adapt or just give it up.
M.adaM 4:14 AM - 13 November, 2018
Once there was a Google Doodle and you could play & scratch with it. It had a crate where you could select the records. Nothing special, just a box with artworks.
I wish I could have this in a DVS.

Ideally Serato should buy this project and make a fuc**ng serious music player for every platform and integrate into SDJ pro so DJ's can browse and select tracks on external screen(s) (Ipad maybe)

Watchwww.youtube.com

But I told this about a year ago also, nothing happened..... :(

Serato dev. team works crazy slow