DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

opinions please: jbl 828sp vs rcf 8003

dj scottie b 6:14 PM - 6 November, 2018
i heard the single rcf hits harder and louder than the double 18 jbl.
they said the jbl sounded a bit cleaner.
any thoughts? thanks all
dj_soo 9:00 PM - 7 November, 2018
You might be thinking of the 8004.

On paper, the 8003 seems like a step down from the srx828
desmorider 4:47 AM - 8 November, 2018
Quote:
any thoughts? thanks all

not true
pdidy 8:42 AM - 8 November, 2018
I'd wager he got that allegation from this YouTube blogger Watchwww.youtube.com I would also wager that this YouTube blogger would never revise anyone to take his advice one speakers because it's not his expertise.
pdidy 8:47 AM - 8 November, 2018
Quote:

right, the 8004 would be a better Challenger against the SRX828.
pdidy 9:05 AM - 8 November, 2018
Quote:
any thoughts? thanks all

My advise.....get 2 X RCF HDP 45-A + 2 X RCF SUB 8004-AS the end......

You will be at the top of your speaker game with no need to upgrade and the chance of anyone comparing to you with 2 tops and 2 subs would be very very rare.
dj_soo 9:15 AM - 8 November, 2018
Why stop there? Why not grab a set of Bassboss DV12s over a pair of SSP118s or DJ18s and call it a system?
pdidy 9:19 AM - 8 November, 2018
Quote:
Why stop there? Why not grab a set of Bassboss DV12s over a pair of SSP118s or DJ18s and call it a system?

I checked his history and noticed that he's been looking at RCF. but I too am a fan of the Bassboss DV12s over a pair of SSP118s.
dj scottie b 2:16 PM - 9 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

I checked his history and noticed that he's been looking at RCF. but I too am a fan of the Bassboss DV12s over a pair of SSP118s.

ha!...just looking to replace some smaller stuff.
i got a pair of 835's i sometimes carry w a pair of yorkville 2100s...
was thinking of selling the yorkvliles and maybe getting the 828s....would u? advice appreciate your thoughts P, thanks (the 2100s are a bitch to get around
dj scottie b 2:17 PM - 9 November, 2018
Quote:
I'd wager he got that allegation from this YouTube blogger Watchwww.youtube.com I would also wager that this YouTube blogger would never revise anyone to take his advice one speakers because it's not his expertise.

u couldn't have been more right about the source!
lol
dj scottie b 2:19 PM - 9 November, 2018
Quote:

hey Too, is there much difference between 8003 - 8004? thanks
dj scottie b 2:28 PM - 9 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
any thoughts? thanks all

My advise.....get 2 X RCF HDP 45-A + 2 X RCF SUB 8004-AS the end......

You will be at the top of your speaker game with no need to upgrade and the chance of anyone comparing to you with 2 tops and 2 subs would be very very rare.

hey P..let me say that in a sub, I'm looking for that chest thump preferably over that low low end, if that helps. and brand isn't necessarily a guide, but familiar w the familiar ones,
dj_soo 6:43 PM - 9 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

ha!...just looking to replace some smaller stuff.
i got a pair of 835's i sometimes carry w a pair of yorkville 2100s...
was thinking of selling the yorkvliles and maybe getting the 828s....would u? advice appreciate your thoughts P, thanks (the 2100s are a bitch to get around

The srx aren’t much smaller although they are lighter and easier to load due to shape I’ve heard.

There’s also the newer yorkville ES18P which is a updated version of the ls801p. Much better sound quality and louder than the old 801ps in a more manageable shape.