Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Serato Video not working with Mojave and Serato 2.0.5

DJ Joe in Florida 1:56 AM - 6 November, 2018
I upgraded my MacBook Pro to Mojave and updated to Serato 2.0.5.
I've even allowed Serato to access mic as it was recommended.
Video preview and output does not work. I've tried making corrections IAW recommendations from Shawn Greenwood but no fix.
Although video using iTunes works perfectly, showing video in a separate screen.
Anyone else having this same issue?

DJ Joe in Florida
Ric R 1:57 AM - 12 November, 2018
I’m having the same issue. I have tried everything. After upgrading to Zmojave my. Ideos will not work on the clubs tv anymore. I tried st home on my tv and it worked fine i’m stumped
Culprit 1:49 AM - 13 November, 2018
I would recommend you downgrade to Yosemite
Ric R 2:13 AM - 13 November, 2018
Yah thsts what i was running before i switched thats prob best
screws 3:05 AM - 13 November, 2018
Quote:
I’m having the same issue. I have tried everything. After upgrading to Zmojave my. Ideos will not work on the clubs tv anymore. I tried st home on my tv and it worked fine i’m stumped

try allowing the serato full access to disk
djcrap 6:11 PM - 15 November, 2018
Switch to or buy mix emergency is the solution!

Mix emergency works with Mojave no issues at all
sappysport215 4:52 PM - 17 November, 2018
Quote:
Switch to or buy mix emergency is the solution!

Mix emergency works with Mojave no issues at all

i have the same set up.

i just switch to mojave and have audio drop out issues when the hdmi cord is plugged in

But when the hdmi cord is UNPLUGGED with serato dj pro & mix emergency running.... everything works fine. its freaking weird.

any ideas what's going on? can i adjust the latency to solve audio drop out problems? or adjust video outputs on my MacBook pro?
Culprit 8:24 PM - 17 November, 2018
What's your output set to and your buffer
sappysport215 11:36 PM - 17 November, 2018
Quote:
What's your output set to and your buffer

how would i be able to check this?

from the ME software or the Apple software?
Culprit 3:32 AM - 19 November, 2018
sappysport215 4:12 AM - 19 November, 2018
i just did some more test, problem ONLY occurs when the hdmi cord is plugged in.

i ran serato dj pro with the hdmi cord plugged in. and instantly started getting problems with audio drop outs and then eventually serato crashed on me..

it worked fine on High Sierra

any ideas?
DJ Tecniq 5:49 AM - 19 November, 2018
Should of just did a clean install of Mojave instead. Updating from a previous OS is never fail safe.
Culprit 6:44 AM - 19 November, 2018
Quote:
Should of just did a clean install of Mojave instead. Updating from a previous OS is never fail safe.

Try a dual boot or vmware system to test if possible
sappysport215 2:11 PM - 19 November, 2018
interesting. i've never knew this.

a fresh clean version of any OS is allways better?
Culprit 5:14 PM - 19 November, 2018
Quote:

Not always
DJ Tecniq 6:38 PM - 19 November, 2018
Quote:

I believe so i updated from Yosemite to High Sierra and had nothing but video issues and freezing video frames which has never happened. Did a clean install and the problem never occurred again. A fresh system is always best imo some have upgraded fine but you have to keep in mind you’re just moving system files to a new operating system and that’s where things can get buggy.
DJ Pacheco (GDL) 8:30 PM - 4 May, 2019
So the solution to video issues running Mojave is to downgrade to Yosemite?
I'm using Macbook pro late 2016 i7 2.6gb quad core
Pioneer DDJ-SX2.

When hdmi cable is plugged, video signal begins to slow to fully stop, and cpu bar turns red and totally freezes.

Have read some issues with sx2 and touchbar macbooks but issues remain. Can anyone help me?
Culprit 10:09 PM - 4 May, 2019
It's a strong suggestion currently
Ombija 8:32 PM - 5 May, 2019
I have nagging sound distortions and perpetual crashing upon plugging in the HDMI. I am currently on Mac OS Mojave and DJ Pro 2.0.5 (upgraded to 2.1.1 but reverted back to 2.0.5 due to constant disappearance of file tags and comments). The sound and video lag just won't go away despite ensuring that I have all the recommended set ups done eg Serato access to mic and latency at 10. I am wondering if I should just bolt out of Mojave as well and go back to the good old days- somebody help please
popnwave 3:11 PM - 6 May, 2019
Does this happen no matter WHAT you plug into via HDMI?
Ombija 3:28 PM - 6 May, 2019
@popnwave-I only have one 1x4 Splitter that I use for two of my screens, the Model is "INLAND". I also took my Mac Book Pro 13 inch 2017 back to the store for a check up and they found nothing wrong with it, they recommended an SSD drive which I immediately bought a 2TB SanDisk. I have tried and gone through all recommendations available but is still having this issue....
popnwave 3:58 PM - 6 May, 2019
If you bypass the splitter and plug directly into a display/tv/projector does it still lag still occur?
Ombija 4:23 PM - 6 May, 2019
@popnwave- Yes - which is not ideal because I always work from multiple screens. The direct plug limits me to only one screen but nonetheless am still experiencing the same issue
popnwave 4:56 PM - 6 May, 2019
Only thing else I can think is the USB-C to HDMI adapter or jumper cord. Unless you can recreate that issue at the store in front of the support it's a bit hard for them to narrow it down.

It could be just the way Mojave treats that adapter, is it an Apple one or 3rd party brand?
Culprit 9:50 PM - 6 May, 2019
Quote:
I have nagging sound distortions and perpetual crashing upon plugging in the HDMI. I am currently on Mac OS Mojave and DJ Pro 2.0.5 (upgraded to 2.1.1 but reverted back to 2.0.5 due to constant disappearance of file tags and comments). The sound and video lag just won't go away despite ensuring that I have all the recommended set ups done eg Serato access to mic and latency at 10. I am wondering if I should just bolt out of Mojave as well and go back to the good old days- somebody help please

i have similar issues with a venue i do once in a while and we determined it to be the splitter. I thought it was my pc, then the resident hit me up and said another friends laptop did the exact same thing and it was determined to be the splitter.
DJ Tecniq 6:59 AM - 7 May, 2019
It may or may not help. But if you recently updated from a previous OS i highly recommend a clean install of Mojave. When I updated from Yosemite to High Sierra Serato Video ran like shit...massive delay and video freezes however audio wasn’t affected. I figured a clean install of Sierra would fix it which in my favor everything was resolved and back to normal. Updating from a previous OS is never fail safe. You are basically just installing over a previous operating system which is not a fresh system in that regard things can go unexpected with system files or configuration. My main point is if you aren’t having luck then what else do you have to lose so maybe a fresh start is best just make sure to back up your data as you are basically wiping your system clean and starting from scratch. The sad reality is Mojave is a new operating system but Serato Video is the same 32 bit video addon that hasn’t been updated in years so with newer OS and greater technology it will consistently become unstable. Best of luck!
DJ Tecniq 7:04 AM - 7 May, 2019
If they don’t update Serato Video soon I see a lawsuit pending because they are still charging users for their product which is buggy and outdated. We’re all getting taken advantage of to put it bluntly.
popnwave 4:32 PM - 7 May, 2019
Quote:
If they don’t update Serato Video soon I see a lawsuit pending because they are still charging users for their product which is buggy and outdated. We’re all getting taken advantage of to put it bluntly.

Not sure you have a grasp of New Zealand law to make claims like that :)
Culprit 4:38 PM - 7 May, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Not sure you have a grasp of New Zealand law to make claims like that :)

Patience you must have
Deejay Saquo 7:40 AM - 24 May, 2019
MacBook pro 15"
Mid 14
2.2ghz CUP
16GB Ram
Mojave.14
Serato DJ 2.1.1

Pioneer DDJ XZ (mapped to Mixemergency)

but no Audio out when i record video i try using syphon recorder yet no audio
any help on this
Culprit 6:02 PM - 24 May, 2019
www.inklen.com

You need to make sure you set mix emergency to record the audio, it records the video and audio to two separate files, then you need to join them in a video editing software.

If you are serious about how your mixes come out, this is the best way to do it, more creative control.
Culprit 6:03 PM - 24 May, 2019
Deejay Saquo 7:39 AM - 26 May, 2019
with mix emergency 3.2.0 is the audio is not coming out
Culprit 8:02 PM - 26 May, 2019
you need to hit inklen and ask them for help. The instructions are on the website and the forums over there.