Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

SDJ Pro 2.1..

popnwave 1:08 AM - 25 October, 2018
twitter.com

Serato Play looks interesting, wonder if some of the stuff people complained that practice/offline mode didn't give them will now be available.
slimmjimm 2:02 AM - 25 October, 2018
Quote:
twitter.com

Serato Play looks interesting, wonder if some of the stuff people complained that practice/offline mode didn't give them will now be available.

Play is the only thing that caught my eye, maybe this will be the beginning of opening up to all hardware?
DjSyndic8 3:09 AM - 25 October, 2018
Quote:
twitter.com

serato must be getting money from tidal because not a lot of DJs like this Idea,
Id prefer apple music or spotify or even you tube music
Caley Martin 4:23 AM - 25 October, 2018
Fingers crossed for xone:96 club kit support.
novakone 6:34 AM - 25 October, 2018
Post fader for the 72 aside.
Who has asked for any of this? No D.J. I know even wants to turn WiFi on during a set let alone stream through their kit..

Just give stability and forget all this fluff ffs
DjSyndic8 6:57 AM - 25 October, 2018
Quote:
Who has asked for any of this? No D.J. I know even wants to turn WiFi on during a set let alone stream through their kit..

+1
Telony Ex 2:54 AM - 26 October, 2018
I believe serato realize to be competive amongs big players like pioneer who is making and keeping the best hardware for their rbdj software. They have to pretty much make sdj open up to those hardware too
mixgoonie 10:21 AM - 26 October, 2018
Does anyone know the TIDAL service ? How much artists does it have compared to Spotify ?
Dj cuervo 9:24 PM - 26 October, 2018
Where is the Serato Video update!!! Laptop djing WTF who care about that !!!!!
popnwave 10:01 PM - 26 October, 2018
Quote:
Does anyone know the TIDAL service ? How much artists does it have compared to Spotify ?

"This year, The Trichordist found that the platform paid $0.01284 per stream. It had a 1.76% market share in the US."

That ranks in the top 3 of streaming platforms. For reference Apple Music is $0.00735 per stream which is better than the $.00437 Spotify pays.
Rebelguy 7:34 AM - 27 October, 2018
Quote:

It’s not happening. They’ve already stated that.
Caley Martin 7:55 AM - 27 October, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Ah, fuck. I must have missed that... :-(

Do you mind citing the source where they said that?
Rebelguy 9:25 AM - 28 October, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ah, fuck. I must have missed that... :-(

Do you mind citing the source where they said that?

In the Serato Beta forums.
novakone 11:54 AM - 29 October, 2018
Anyone know when public release is?
DjSyndic8 11:59 AM - 29 October, 2018
according to serato FB page its suppose to be dropping this week
Bornd Fono 12:09 PM - 29 October, 2018
Quote:
according to serato FB page its suppose to be dropping this week

No. You misread that. The BETA starts this week and will run for an indefinite time before they drop the public relase. greetz
Bornd Fono 12:14 PM - 29 October, 2018
I checked the Serato post again and saw that the BETA will be public (I thought they would make it invite-only like they did with 2.0).

So you were right: it's coming this week for everyone (but still a BETA release).
djgoldberg 12:39 PM - 29 October, 2018
Serato, will the Denon SC5000M be supported with the new Update 2.1?
popnwave 2:30 PM - 29 October, 2018
Quote:
I checked the Serato post again and saw that the BETA will be public (I thought they would make it invite-only like they did with 2.0).

So you were right: it's coming this week for everyone (but still a BETA release).

The beta has been private up until this announcement.
Dj Dmoney513 9:43 PM - 29 October, 2018
I can'teven find this 2.1 version its only giving me a 2.05 saying its the latest download am I
missing something
Mr. Goodkat 9:48 PM - 29 October, 2018
Quote:

i do, just play a mix and watch hoops or twitter sometime, works fine, its not 2007 anymore

Tidal has better sound quality btw
popnwave 10:13 PM - 29 October, 2018
Quote:
I can'teven find this 2.1 version its only giving me a 2.05 saying its the latest download am I
missing something

Email just went out about the public beta..
popnwave 10:14 PM - 29 October, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

i do, just play a mix and watch hoops or twitter sometime, works fine, its not 2007 anymore

No arguing that, Tidal is one of the best artist compensating platforms as well.
DJMIYAGI 10:49 PM - 29 October, 2018
2.1 beta is working great! Especially the new Rane 72 features.
popnwave 10:53 PM - 29 October, 2018
Quote:
2.1 beta is working great! Especially the new Rane 72 features.

I want to try the Serato Play function, but goddamn activating that shit is a headache when I only use it with my Pro enabling hardware. Can't get the trial to show up even disconnected, nor does Play show up as one of the packs for me either.
DjSyndic8 10:53 PM - 29 October, 2018
Quote:
No arguing that, Tidal is one of the best artist compensating platforms as well.

came across this digital dj tips video where you can convert your spotify playlist over to tidal then play it through Serato dj using "sound deez"
Watchwww.youtube.com

still not the same as streaming directly from spotify or apple music, I guess some will use it to save time,

maybe it will be possible to stream music from other platforms if someone creates a third party software... I guess the same way mixemergency has done it, who knows.
DjSyndic8 11:25 PM - 29 October, 2018
well just in case you guys don't know where to download the SDJPro 2.1 Beta

serato.com
skinnyguy 1:57 AM - 30 October, 2018
what is serato play? is that a pack to give crossfading to automix? that would really suck if it is.
Mr. Goodkat 2:51 AM - 30 October, 2018
Quote:
what is serato play? is that a pack to give crossfading to automix? that would really suck if it is.

is it available in the beta? not sure if im missing it or not
Rebelguy 4:38 AM - 30 October, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It doesn’t seem like they are taking care of their artists that well.

www.google.com
novakone 10:20 AM - 30 October, 2018
Is it possibly to have 2.1 and 2.0 installed simultaneously?
Without having to partition the drive?
DjSyndic8 10:37 AM - 30 October, 2018
Quote:

you could try but Im having no luck installing 2 pro versions
G.REKKAS 11:20 AM - 30 October, 2018
i fell like an idiot by completing all serato forms and keep asking for simple features even in the forum like day mode and headphone auto cue on load and never see them happening. a lot of simple features are needed by many djs and we still get nothing. Probably i should buy a big tent like the ones the have in Sahara desert to keep their camels safe cause i come from Greece and i usually work under very bright sun , so if serato doesn't want to help the djs all over the MED , a solution like this is the only way.
Robb Royale 3:10 PM - 30 October, 2018
Quote:

Rename it to something like Serato DJ Pro 2.1 Beta. I have 4 different versions of Pro on my MBP, all named differently.
acemc 3:37 PM - 30 October, 2018
I honestly believe Serato have completely lost the plot. NI release TP3 & new hardware, Rekordbox is making feature requests happen & getting better all the time, then here comes Serato & wants to charge for something that the competition has had all along & that none of their customers asked for!!! This is really sad. Give us day mode, the ability to have our library on a 2nd screen, proper documented midi mapping with shift keys FFS! How many of us are going to do a gig with a splitter cable! Serato recommend turning wifi off for stability & then implement streaming! What the hell is going on??
Mutis Mayfield 3:41 PM - 30 October, 2018
Quote:
I honestly believe Serato have completely lost the plot. NI release TP3 & new hardware, Rekordbox is making feature requests happen & getting better all the time, then here comes Serato & wants to charge for something that the competition has had all along & that none of their customers asked for!!! This is really sad. Give us day mode, the ability to have our library on a 2nd screen, proper documented midi mapping with shift keys FFS! How many of us are going to do a gig with a splitter cable! Serato recommend turning wifi off for stability & then implement streaming! What the hell is going on??

You can find the same kind of post at traktor forums asking for Sersto features. I suspect is a matter of POV...
acemc 3:43 PM - 30 October, 2018
Quote:
I suspect is a matter of POV...

You're 100% right, that is just my POV, but can you honestly say there aren't other features you'd much rather have than 'play' mode?
popnwave 3:54 PM - 30 October, 2018
Quote:

Uhhhh I use Rekordbox a lot and am in those forums daily, they have shit loads of people bitching about features as well.

This is your typical "grass is greener" attitude. None of these platforms does 100% of what most DJs need.
acemc 4:06 PM - 30 October, 2018
Quote:
This is your typical "grass is greener" attitude

Yes, It is. But in my own defence I rarely go this route. I'm just totally dumbstruck at why things like 'play mode' get preference over features that have been asked for, for the longest time & are really needed by many. Who is this feature for?
novakone 9:30 PM - 30 October, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, It is. But in my own defence I rarely go this route. I'm just totally dumbstruck at why things like 'play mode' get preference over features that have been asked for, for the longest time & are really needed by many. Who is this feature for?

Most sense I've read on here all month
Mr. Goodkat 9:34 PM - 30 October, 2018
has anyone demo'd 'play' yet?
popnwave 9:36 PM - 30 October, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Personally, I think it's a step in the direction of allowing you to eventually use SDJ with MIDI devices and soundcards that aren't in lock step with what we have now. Support has already said that you cannot assign things in Play to midi at all, but this is the groundwork for that type of thing. So think of VDJ/Traktor type flexibility, but honestly it's like any tool: whatever lets you get your work done is the best one for you.
popnwave 9:37 PM - 30 October, 2018
Quote:
has anyone demo'd 'play' yet?

I am gonna mess with it this weekend. I was was hoping to play around with it at work but I am in activation hell without my hardware handy.
Mr. Goodkat 9:39 PM - 30 October, 2018
i didnt see it in the beta, where is it?
novakone 9:42 PM - 30 October, 2018
im gonna give it a go as soon as I've backed up this evening... can't wait to be booted off in 14 days cause i don't wanna pay for a product i already own though :(
popnwave 9:45 PM - 30 October, 2018
Quote:

That was my stumbling block as well. It's part of the bigger Club Kit and you have to do the trial to get in to it.

Hell I will probably buy Play as a tool when it is final, I just hate jumping through hoops on my account to mess with it.
DjSyndic8 9:46 PM - 30 October, 2018
Quote:

you activate it within serato dj beta heres the info support.serato.com[quote

]im gonna give it a go as soon as I've backed up this evening... can't wait to be booted off in 14 days cause i don't wanna pay for a product i already own though :(

I agree its all about monitising every feature , Serato play should've been included for free like a off line player,
acemc 9:49 PM - 30 October, 2018
Perhaps Im missing something, what exactly is there to test that you haven't already had in 2-deck offline mode? From what I can see, it's the ability to adjust the eq & a splitter cable output option. I really don't get it.
Mr. Goodkat 10:00 PM - 30 October, 2018
im trying to wrap my head around how this isnt gonna suck.

and i'd never buy the club kit, well i dont plan on it for any reason, guess i can demo it though
Laz219 10:50 PM - 30 October, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

I wouldn't really use it, but the feature suggestions Forum has been full of people requesting this for years
Mr. Goodkat 11:14 PM - 30 October, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I wouldn't really use it, but the feature suggestions Forum has been full of people requesting this for years

what he said
Mr. Goodkat 11:16 PM - 30 October, 2018
i guess we thought it could be a normal feature like traktor/vdj and not 170$ though

its laughable but its serato AND 2018 so basically everything is laughable
novakone 11:28 PM - 30 October, 2018
It’s laughable that the majority of Pro DJs won’t even touch this feature, but that’s not who Serato are making it for are they
Mr. Goodkat 11:57 PM - 30 October, 2018
good for setting up sets on the couch or hotel or plane, i guess the new offline player with 2 decks kinda did that already but ....
DjSyndic8 3:28 AM - 31 October, 2018
Quote:
good for setting up sets on the couch or hotel or plane, i guess the new offline player with 2 decks kinda did that already but ....

another words serato is catching up to virtual dj where this serato play feature is standard... how many years did it take :)
HellNegative1 6:49 PM - 31 October, 2018
Quote:

When I do corporate gigs and weddings, I am constantly buying tunes then importing them for random requests I do not have. I for one welcome the integration and will be giving it a try.
mixgoonie 8:37 PM - 31 October, 2018
I completely agree, you cannot have all tunes and just for one or two request on a hole night, having that solution is clearly a added value.

I just hope that most of the tracks are on this online platform ;)
Mutis Mayfield 9:20 PM - 31 October, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
I suspect is a matter of POV...

You're 100% right, that is just my POV, but can you honestly say there aren't other features you'd much rather have than 'play' mode?

I not was pointing to you as individual more than Serato users as a whole vs any other dj software user base as a whole. It seems the software one choose is outdated against the others but in fact Traktor 3 still not has retina support (being that one of the rants in the traktor forum about how outdated the software is vs Serato...)

That was the point I tried to make. Nothing pesonal against any POV.
Mutis Mayfield 9:23 PM - 31 October, 2018
I wasn’t sorry for the typo. My head is burning today with latest Apple hardware update and forums xD
Mutis Mayfield 9:25 PM - 31 October, 2018
“I wasn’t” lol... trying to correct I go even more wrong muahahahaha fuckd myself
booom brain bye

lololol
DjSyndic8 10:55 PM - 31 October, 2018
Quote:
“I wasn’t” lol... trying to correct I go even more wrong muahahahaha fuckd myself
booom brain bye

lololol

take advice from ma man Big Shaq "Mans Not Hot" 😂😂😂
Dj cuervo 12:27 AM - 1 November, 2018
Serato Play would have been dope if they were opening up the sound card access!!!! That is what we will pay for!!! Product management team has to do a better job of listening to their consumers. Most Pro DJs just used their Mixer in internal mode for small events like wedding ceremony.
Dj Ricky Redz 2:41 AM - 1 November, 2018
if you already have a Serato suite license you will not be able to activate Serato play... thats sad ;(
Mutis Mayfield 10:43 AM - 1 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
booom brain bye

lololol

take advice from ma man Big Shaq "Mans Not Hot" 😂😂😂

Halloween spirit made me braindead
loool
popnwave 3:17 PM - 1 November, 2018
Quote:
if you already have a Serato suite license you will not be able to activate Serato play... thats sad ;(

During the beta... otherwise you'll have it once it launches.
DJ JulioYEG 5:35 PM - 1 November, 2018
Quote:

dont they suggest to have wifi disabled? isnt this contradictory?
HellNegative1 5:57 PM - 1 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

You only need to have wifi disable if your computer is a dinosaur and cant keep up. :-p
DJ JulioYEG 6:03 PM - 1 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You only need to have wifi disable if your computer is a dinosaur and cant keep up. :-p

I see, I myself dont have issues but its just in the stabillity n software troubleshooting part of the website
Mr. Goodkat 7:26 PM - 1 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I see, I myself dont have issues but its just in the stabillity n software troubleshooting part of the website

it was back in the old days when lappys werent as powerful, like 2010ish when ppl were running 05 laptops and it would cause crashes. i can read twitter, download from itunes/record pools and use serato dj on my old ass 2012 mbp