Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

Switch from Djuiced to Seraoto --> Sync Problems

Chank 10:01 AM - 22 October, 2018
Hi community,

I have two problems regarding the sync function and by now couldn't find the answer. I'm a beginner DJ and new to the Serato Software. Before I used DJuiced and was kind of happy with it.
I use the Hercules Jogvision and Serato DJ lite.
I'll try to describe my sync-problem: I analysed my library. I load and play a track in A (e.g. 123bpm). I load a second track in B which has different BPM (e.g. 124).
I press sync on B which pitches it to 123bpm.
With my old "DJ Control Instinct" I was used that when pressing "sync" a second time the song will start playing in beat with the first track.
In Serato DJ lite nothing happens when pressing "sync" a second time. Instead I have to press "play" and the track starts (with 123bpm) but off beat to the first track. To fit them I have to press sync again when the song is already running.
You can imagine that this doesnt sound very professional ;-)
Second problem: Most of the time pressing "sync" when the songs are already playing doesn't sync them on the first hit but instead leads to a "jumping" of the track until it is syncronised with the other song. There seems to be no system behind, rather a random jumping until the software finds the right spot....
First I thought this comes from not having analysed the songs properly but the problem stays the same. Maybe it has something to do with simple and smart sync and any necessary beat grids.
When using DJuiced and Instinct I had to press sync a first time to fit the bpm and when pressing a second time the track started playing in beat with the other track. Pressing sync even more often didn't change anything (how It hink it is supposed to be) :-)
Thirdly: More a question than a problem: Is it correct that in Serato the maximum loop length is 8 bpm?? If this is true I'd like to switch back to DJuiced with which it was possible to loop at 16bpm and more.
Thank you very much in advance!
Cheers,
Chris
Chank 1:25 PM - 25 October, 2018
Doesn't anyone have any advice? :-)
It would really help me since these beginner problems are stopping me from using the device.
Thank you
Laz219 7:19 AM - 28 October, 2018
I think you'll find most of your answers here:
support.serato.com
DJ JulioYEG 5:34 PM - 5 November, 2018
Quote:
Hi community,

I have two problems regarding the sync function and by now couldn't find the answer. I'm a beginner DJ and new to the Serato Software. Before I used DJuiced and was kind of happy with it.
I use the Hercules Jogvision and Serato DJ lite.
I'll try to describe my sync-problem: I analysed my library. I load and play a track in A (e.g. 123bpm). I load a second track in B which has different BPM (e.g. 124).
I press sync on B which pitches it to 123bpm.
With my old "DJ Control Instinct" I was used that when pressing "sync" a second time the song will start playing in beat with the first track.
In Serato DJ lite nothing happens when pressing "sync" a second time. Instead I have to press "play" and the track starts (with 123bpm) but off beat to the first track. To fit them I have to press sync again when the song is already running.
You can imagine that this doesnt sound very professional ;-)
Second problem: Most of the time pressing "sync" when the songs are already playing doesn't sync them on the first hit but instead leads to a "jumping" of the track until it is syncronised with the other song. There seems to be no system behind, rather a random jumping until the software finds the right spot....
First I thought this comes from not having analysed the songs properly but the problem stays the same. Maybe it has something to do with simple and smart sync and any necessary beat grids.
When using DJuiced and Instinct I had to press sync a first time to fit the bpm and when pressing a second time the track started playing in beat with the other track. Pressing sync even more often didn't change anything (how It hink it is supposed to be) :-)
Thirdly: More a question than a problem: Is it correct that in Serato the maximum loop length is 8 bpm?? If this is true I'd like to switch back to DJuiced with which it was possible to loop at 16bpm and more.
Thank you very much in advance!
Cheers,
Chris

lol how hard is it to move track b down 1 percent?? anyways serato does not do the work for you it will pitch match but you stilll have to beatmix