Unable to record video

BreauxS 3:58 AM - 11 October, 2018
I have a brand new MacBook Pro

2.6GHz 6-core 8th-generation Intel Core i7 processor
Turbo Boost up to 4.3GHz
Radeon Pro 560X with 4GB of GDDR5 memory
32GB 2400MHz DDR4 memory
512GB SSD storage

I am using the latest version of Serato Pro with a Pioneer DDJ-SB3.

I have my music videos on an external drive and I am recording to my internal drive.

I am getting the “Not receiving video frames for video recording..” message and the “5% frame” message on pretty much all setting at 1080p and 720p. I tried increasing the buffer size with no success.

I’m open to using MixEmergency however, I can’t get the laptop to recognize an audio input channel. Do I have to run the audio out of the RCA’s on the controller into an input port on the laptop?
popnwave 3:21 PM - 11 October, 2018
Quote:
I have a brand new MacBook Pro

2.6GHz 6-core 8th-generation Intel Core i7 processor
Turbo Boost up to 4.3GHz
Radeon Pro 560X with 4GB of GDDR5 memory
32GB 2400MHz DDR4 memory
512GB SSD storage

I am using the latest version of Serato Pro with a Pioneer DDJ-SB3.

I have my music videos on an external drive and I am recording to my internal drive.

I am getting the “Not receiving video frames for video recording..” message and the “5% frame” message on pretty much all setting at 1080p and 720p. I tried increasing the buffer size with no success.

I’m open to using MixEmergency however, I can’t get the laptop to recognize an audio input channel. Do I have to run the audio out of the RCA’s on the controller into an input port on the laptop?

Ah the old SV recording bug, there is not magic fix for it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it wont. On a new MacBook Pro your specs are way above what is needed.

I have MixEmergency as well, and while it does WORK, if you do a long set it will take a while to render. A lot of us are using OBS now to record sets because it is so light weight in resources (10% CPU on my old 2012) and I know I already use it for streaming sets to Twitch and other sites.

To get ME to work on a newer MacBook Pro that doesn't have line-in anymore you usually need a separate USB soundcard (any cheap one will do) and feed that from your SB3.

Using OBS, it will detect that SB3 and record directly from it, which to me is way easier at this point.
BreauxS 11:17 PM - 11 October, 2018
Thanks for the response. It was very helpful. I installed OBS, however the program is not detecting the controller. Is there any setup I have to do? Thanks again.
DJ Tecniq 7:30 PM - 14 October, 2018
Quote:
Thanks for the response. It was very helpful. I installed OBS, however the program is not detecting the controller. Is there any setup I have to do? Thanks again.
SB3 and OBS won’t work meaning you can’t use the device as a soundcard. And it only has 1 master rca output. However you can DL Screenflow or syphon recorder to record your video set.