Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

Beatmatching through headphones

GC Blender 10:16 AM - 4 October, 2018
music through headphones is slightly faster (maybe 1-2 beats quicker) than through speaker making beat matching difficult, using ddj ergo with sony speaker connected by rca cables into my controller, not sure if that matters, but this latency is frustrating me.
Any help or suggestions would be grateful
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 4:35 PM - 8 October, 2018
what kind of controller do you have? you should not be experiencing any latency my guy.
GC Blender 8:43 PM - 8 October, 2018
Pioneer DDJ Ergo-V
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 9:00 PM - 8 October, 2018
Ah, yes. Of course it's a Pioneer. At this point, I would say report your Pioneer issue to the fine folks at Pioneer. They will add it to their enormous heaping pile of issues associated with every other controller that they manufacture.

Perhaps it will be resolved over the next fiscal year or two.
GC Blender 9:02 PM - 8 October, 2018
ok TurtleFaceBrownNoser, if this is common occurrence what are your suggestions for a more stable controller? Keen to know
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 9:22 PM - 8 October, 2018
Quote:
ok TurtleFaceBrownNoser, if this is common occurrence what are your suggestions for a more stable controller? Keen to know

My guy, its all personal preference. I'm def leaning hard in one direction and you could even call me a fan boy, a sheep, or whatever makes ya smiles ya diggs fam?

Trust I have had my fair share of Pioneer gear. The only remaining unit I have from Pio now is the RMX 500 collecting hella dust in my stiznudio. Reason being, every piece of Pio hardware I ever owned failed miserably. One piece of kit even caught fire.
GC Blender 12:30 AM - 9 October, 2018
Cheers mate, will def look for another controller. Any help given is always appreciated.
DJ JulioYEG 2:56 PM - 18 October, 2018
Quote:
Cheers mate, will def look for another controller. Any help given is always appreciated.

whats your budget
Laz219 7:25 AM - 28 October, 2018
Actually, it's most likely nothing to do with the controller....

It's probably going to be latency introduced by the speaker you're using, applying its own processing to the signal.
You mentioned it's a Sony speaker, what is it exactly?
I know their big portable speakers are really bad for this, but you'll find a lot of home hifi systems are too slow between input/output for beatmatching.

Do you have any other speakers you can connect to? Studio monitors or PA speakers preferably.