DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

BPM tap button on Rane 72?

Aden 12:22 AM - 4 October, 2018
Anyone know how to manually tap in the tempo?
dj_soo 8:30 AM - 4 October, 2018
default, you have to hold down the shift button and tap the effects/tap button up top. It kind of sucks.

Go into the mixer settings and change the touch fx button into a tap button. That changes it to a straight bpm tap button and you have to use shift to access the touch fx and it's much better.
djaction 2:27 PM - 4 October, 2018
Quote:
default, you have to hold down the shift button and tap the effects/tap button up top. It kind of sucks.

Go into the mixer settings and change the touch fx button into a tap button. That changes it to a straight bpm tap button and you have to use shift to access the touch fx and it's much better.

when you say mixer settings what do you mean exactly?

for reprogramming button functions on the 72 I've gone into MIDI Settings and reprogrammed the buttons there.. is there a different/better way of doing this?
dj_soo 4:03 PM - 4 October, 2018
Hardware settings on the mixer - not in serato.

Make sure you have the latest firmware first of all.

Hold down the menu/view button until the Main Menu pops up.

Select Mixer Settings -> Touch FX Setup -> and change the button mode to tap.
djaction 4:07 PM - 4 October, 2018
Quote:
Hardware settings on the mixer - not in serato.

Make sure you have the latest firmware first of all.

Hold down the menu/view button until the Main Menu pops up.

Select Mixer Settings -> Touch FX Setup -> and change the button mode to tap.

ahh nice. I'll have to check this out. I'm guessing from Mixer settings that's really the only button that can be reprogrammed?
dj_soo 4:09 PM - 4 October, 2018
You can tweak some other controls, but nothing can really be “reprogrammed” to exactly what you want.
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 5:19 PM - 4 October, 2018
I have the tap tempo routed to a footswitch so I don't have to take the ole hands off my faders while cutting. its awesome.
Aden 1:45 AM - 5 October, 2018
Ah, I wasn't aware of that menu. Thanks!

Another question - I'm no longer able to load songs from my History folder by using the knob. It will only load from that folder if I manually load if from the computer. Any ideas?
dj_soo 1:57 AM - 5 October, 2018
I don’t think you can do that