Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

First gig with Serato Video and Windows

DJ Marv the Maverick 6:51 PM - 30 September, 2018
The anxiety last night was unreal. My first time DJing with a Windows PC, Serato and Roland DJ 808.

Had to send my MBP 2017 for a keyboard replacement, planned to use my back up 13 MBP but on getting home there was a coffee accident with it. 2 Macs out of commission.

So the honors fell to my basic Dell XPS13, no dedicated GPU, 8gb RAM, i7 till I get the Macs back.

Serato video crashed three times during the night. Just the video plug in, audio kept going

I also experienced 3 audio dropouts in about 4 hours.

I had to keep it simple, No scratching, just simple mixing, hardware FX only, no PNT.

I also noticed a massive drop in the video quality especially with older stuff and videos from bpmsupreme. Video quality was intially set to medium to accommodate the lack of dedicated GPU but I upped it to High as medium wasn't cutting it. The bar has a massive screen wall.

The anxiety made it challenging night. But I suppose since I didn't experience any catastrophic malfunction it won't be as bad next weekend.

Just sharing.
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:55 PM - 30 September, 2018
I had no issues with HD videos from smashvision and xtendamix

I remember a crash was caused when I wanted to load a 1080 video. I only have a few of those anyways. 720 is what I download mostly