Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Lunchtime @ inMusic Brand's headquarters...

Chino 2:40 PM - 27 September, 2018
First off, SHOUT OUT @ MARV! This is his original post from the Denon DJ forum. I could not stop laughing!! RESPECT!!!

At the InMusic cafeteria...

Rane guys: Hey we got a new shinny mixer

Denon guys: For real…

Rane: Yeah, it’s gonna shake things up in the DJ world. Its got new faders and a touch screen, works like a champ with the Twelves.

Denon: Wow! Thats impressive. Can you bring one over after lunch?

Rane: Sure see ya after lunch, we don’t do much around here anyways.

Denon: Ha ha, what about trying to fix some bugs for all the older stuff, like updating the drivers for the 62 and SL3

Rane: No we just want those things to die a natural death. To much hassle to be looking at the codes. And those Apple people keep changing OS yearly. Can’t keep up.

Denon: Fair enough. See you after lunch.

After lunch they meet in the development and testing area

Denon: let’s connect it all up, it’s Serato yeah?

Rane: Yes the new new Serato. Make sure you have the latest update.

Denon: That’s class. Smart thing will be to test it with all our Prime stuff. Let’s try with the SC5000 first…

They connect it up and its not working

Denon & Rane: Oh Snap, what’s going on? Doesn’t seem to be working together. What do we do?

Rane: Do you have the latest firmware on your players?

Denon: Yes

Rane: Are you running the latest Serato?

Denon: Yes indeed. You are right here why dont you check it yourself.

Rane: Are you using the correct USB cables?

Denon: Dude! you brought the Usb cables we are using!

Rane: Did you connect it directly to the laptop and not the USB hub on the 72?

Denon: Yes I did. This is the computer right in front of you! And if you ask me one more daft question I’m going to smash the mixer on your head!

Rane: No need to be upset, it works fine in our office just across the corridor.

Denon: Obviously it’s not working here. Let’s tell the guys that we need to sort this out.

They head on to the head of development office

HOD: Deadlines is deadline guys, let’s just launch the 72, most buyers won’t be combining it with the 5000s anyways. They all use Turntables and CDJs.

Denon & Rane: What if some weird user decides to buy the SC5000 and 72. Then realising it does not work?

HOD: You Rane will say It works You Denon will say It doesn’t work And to make things even more interesting I will send Serato a WhatsApp to say It works.

Denon & Rane: Hmmm Ok. Whatever you say boss.
DJ JulioYEG 2:54 PM - 27 September, 2018
lmao accurate
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 6:39 PM - 27 September, 2018
Actually lunch is usually had at Cumberland House of Pizza.
DJ JulioYEG 6:50 PM - 27 September, 2018
Quote:

not at the golden corral?
Chino 7:55 PM - 27 September, 2018
Marv's LITERARY WORK of ART has since been deleted off of the Denon DJ forum. SAD!!! The Denon DJ forum is back to their old tricks of censorship, "white washing" & their so called "democratic moderation".

The Denon DJ forum must live in the same reality where "alternate facts" are acceptable!

Once again, I'm extremely grateful for the way Serato handles this forum!!!
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 8:04 PM - 27 September, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

not at the golden corral?

There isn't one close to HQ. Its either the Pizza place or Kay's Restaurant- they have really good sandwiches.
Chino 1:08 PM - 2 October, 2018
Are there any DJs successfully using the Rane 72 with the Denon DJ Prime 5000s? I know some issues have been reported. I wonder if inMusic Brand is able to fix the bugs before the release of the 5000Ms?

The Rane 72 is primarily a scratch mixer. There may be many other mobile DJs who want to use the Rane 72 with a smaller updated motorized platter media controller instead of lugging around Rane Twelves or Technics 1200s.
DJ Marv the Maverick 1:31 PM - 2 October, 2018
Quote:
Are there any DJs successfully using the Rane 72 with the Denon DJ Prime 5000s? I know some issues have been reported. I wonder if inMusic Brand is able to fix the bugs before the release of the 5000Ms?

The Rane 72 is primarily a scratch mixer. There may be many other mobile DJs who want to use the Rane 72 with a smaller updated motorized platter media controller instead of lugging around Rane Twelves or Technics 1200s.

Last info I got

Serato: "it's working" they offered to assist. I don't have the 72 anymore. Still happy with the S9 and placed an order for the X1800 Prime.

Inmusic: "We are investigating further" so I suspect a fix is in the pipeline.
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 3:40 PM - 2 October, 2018
Quote:
I don't have the 72 anymore

that's a shame :-(
DJ Marv the Maverick 5:11 PM - 2 October, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Why is it a shame? Do you know something I don't? I have nothing against the unit. It just didn't work with my media players...perhaps when they sort that out I may rethink repurchasing.
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 5:49 PM - 2 October, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Why is it a shame? Do you know something I don't? I have nothing against the unit. It just didn't work with my media players...perhaps when they sort that out I may rethink repurchasing.

Oh ok cool, I just like the 72 that's all. To each their own!
DJ JulioYEG 7:00 PM - 2 October, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oh ok cool, I just like the 72 that's all. To each their own!

nice guy app
J.J. 9:57 PM - 2 October, 2018
Because I was the original poster, I got an email showing mufasa post and I thought it was hilarious. I went to the forums looking for this post and I couldn't find it. Why does DenonDJForum continue to delete posts?

They actually have guys on their saying they don't want support in Serato DJ. THEY LITERALLY GO OUT OF THEIR WAY TO MAKE THIS KNOWN. Before the DN-S3900 was released, they took a survey of who wanted Serato support. Mind you, most of this private survey was sent to European guys that only used Traktor. The results were heavily against it because they didn't want to pay an extra tax for something they would never use. The 3900 target audience wasn't DJ's who played EDM and preferred a static player.

DO YOU KNOW HOW FRUSTRATING IT WAS TO EXPLAIN TO PEOPLE HOW TO GET THE 3700/3900 HYBRID MODE WORKING? I've had hundreds of DJ's who downloaded my custom mapper. Denon could have knocked it out of the park with Serato support from day 1.
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 10:12 PM - 2 October, 2018
Quote:
Because I was the original poster, I got an email showing mufasa post and I thought it was hilarious. I went to the forums looking for this post and I couldn't find it. Why does DenonDJForum continue to delete posts?

They actually have guys on their saying they don't want support in Serato DJ. THEY LITERALLY GO OUT OF THEIR WAY TO MAKE THIS KNOWN. Before the DN-S3900 was released, they took a survey of who wanted Serato support. Mind you, most of this private survey was sent to European guys that only used Traktor. The results were heavily against it because they didn't want to pay an extra tax for something they would never use. The 3900 target audience wasn't DJ's who played EDM and preferred a static player.

DO YOU KNOW HOW FRUSTRATING IT WAS TO EXPLAIN TO PEOPLE HOW TO GET THE 3700/3900 HYBRID MODE WORKING? I've had hundreds of DJ's who downloaded my custom mapper. Denon could have knocked it out of the park with Serato support from day 1.

Sounds like Denon are some Anti First Amendment Social Justice Warrior progressive left wing liberal snow flakes that cant take any criticism. Maybe we should create those pussies a "safe space" forum and while we are at it to appease the lefties lets just go ahead and open up our borders so the towel heads can come in and destroy our country from the inside out.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:22 PM - 2 October, 2018
@TurtleFaceBrownNoser/Aptidda,

Racist/offensive terms will not be tolerated on this forum. This is your final warning for your new account, if you break the rules again you will be banned (again).
dj_soo 10:30 PM - 2 October, 2018
Should he really get one more chance considering he was already banned under his old account.

A term like “towel head” would be an instant ban in the forum I mod and that wouldn’t even take into account the previous ban.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:41 PM - 2 October, 2018
As a general rule of thumb we always warn first, ban second. You're right though, considering his past behavior it's worth taking that into account.

For now I'll let the warning stand, any further infringements will invoke a ban. If he rejoins again, it will be an insta-ban for any future infringements.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:42 PM - 2 October, 2018
I have to say, it baffles me as to why adult humans would waste their time trolling an internet forum :(
DJ Marv the Maverick 11:20 PM - 2 October, 2018
Quote:

I have a feeling most of the DJs who bought the 5000 are house/techno/dnb DJs

Yes saw the anti-serato posts there too.

If Denon doesn't want to return into the shadows of pioneer, they have to support every software whilst working on Engine
DJ Tecniq 11:57 PM - 2 October, 2018
Rane Corp be like “What about the driver issues with the 62 should we fix it or not”...”Nah fuck em they’ll spring for the 72 anyway” “They wanted rotating platters will give it to em and never update the drivers” “hahaha fucking idiots”
Chino 1:30 AM - 3 October, 2018
Quote:
I've had hundreds of DJ's who downloaded my custom mapper. Denon could have knocked it out of the park with Serato support from day 1.

I was one of those DJs. THANK YOU!!

I believe inMusic Brand may be marketing to a certain user demographic with the Denon DJ brand. They seem to want to go head to head with Pioneer DJ for the club/house & techno DJs.

Rane is their Flagship turntablist brand. I can see Rane releasing a mobile friendly 9" or 10" version of the 12. If not, there is always Numark. I previously owned a pair of Numark CDXs. I had to replace the CD drives on them a bunch of times. Unfortunately, the reliability of those decks were HORRIBLE!!!
Chino 1:41 AM - 3 October, 2018
Quote:

If Denon doesn't want to return to the shadows of pioneer, they have to support every software whilst working on Engine

Agreed. In general, I'm not a fan of the Denon DJ marketing strategy. It comes off as arrogant. A company can be competitive while still remaining humble. inMusic Brand seems to lack those graceful marketing skills.
Djkom 10:03 AM - 3 October, 2018
Quote:
towel head

Quote:
Quote:
I've had hundreds of DJ's who downloaded my custom mapper. Denon could have knocked it out of the park with Serato support from day 1.

I was one of those DJs. THANK YOU!!

I believe inMusic Brand may be marketing to a certain user demographic with the Denon DJ brand. They seem to want to go head to head with Pioneer DJ for the club/house & techno DJs.

Rane is their Flagship turntablist brand. I can see Rane releasing a mobile friendly 9" or 10" version of the 12. If not, there is always Numark. I previously owned a pair of Numark CDXs. I had to replace the CD drives on them a bunch of times. Unfortunately, the reliability of those decks were HORRIBLE!!!

There was recently a Numark survey for the next V7/NS7 version... in the survey, they asked many precise questions about what kind of player djs want: standalone player, rotative or not...etc

Let's hope, the audience was representative...Anyway, unfortunately this player will not appear anytime soon. But there are rumors on a very soon NS7 IV launch (which will for sure not integrate the survey feedbacks)
DJ Marv the Maverick 11:06 AM - 3 October, 2018
For their own sake I hope they get it right.

Prices of the 2000NXS2 is still high, they haven't changed their release cycle either.

A product like an XDJ2000 + performance pads with native Serato, Traktor, virtual DJ, Rekordbox and DJay support could be gameover for the SC5000.

Even if its more expensive than the denons
Chino 6:43 PM - 8 October, 2018
Quote:
Why does DenonDJForum continue to delete posts?

Maybe the Denon DJ forum prefers posts that only depict their products & company in a positive manner? Perhaps their products & company are perfect and we(consumers) are just unaware of this reality?

The are no areas of opportunity for improvement so critical user feedback &/or constructive criticism is not needed??!!
Chino 6:46 PM - 8 October, 2018
*There*

(For Christmas I'm asking Santa for an edit button for the Serato forum!) ; )