Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

NAMM 2019 Predictions?

Chino 11:01 PM - 26 September, 2018
I know it's early but I'd like to see a couple of new products for NAMM 2019 like...

1. Pioneer has been quiet as of late but a Pioneer S9 MKII would be very welcome.

2. Roland could release a DJ-808 MKII with moving jogs & and upgrade the TR-S on it.

3. Rane could release a 9" or 10" mobile friendly version of the 12s.

4. Roland & Serato could release a production oriented groove box incorporating Serato Sample, Pitch N' Time & the best of what Roland has to offer.

Any other suggestions? Please leave your comments & feedback below in this thread.
Chino 11:11 PM - 26 September, 2018
I forgot to mention one more thing...

5. Release Phase & then Phase MKII- mixers and or media players with Phase technology already built in!!
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 11:12 PM - 26 September, 2018
built in phase would be DOPE!
Chino 1:16 PM - 27 September, 2018
Here is another product idea...

A Serato DJ Pro embedded controller!
Mutis Mayfield 1:47 PM - 27 September, 2018
Good ideas that are not going to happen even in NAMM 2025...
Chino 2:16 PM - 27 September, 2018
Quote:

LOL! I'm more optimistic by nature. I'll settle for one or two of my NAMM predictions. ; )
DJ JulioYEG 2:58 PM - 27 September, 2018
do you think that pio will come out with a moving platter deck and no cd drive just hid enabled
Chino 3:10 PM - 27 September, 2018
Quote:
Do you think that pio will come out with a moving platter deck and no cd drive just hid enabled?

I asked a Pioneer rep this same question at the DJ Expo in AC and he flat out said "NO" & walked away. Personally, I'm not a Pioneer guy BUT I definitely would consider buying one if they did release one.

My experience with the Pioneer DJS-1000 sampler has been so positive that now I will consider buying other Pioneer DJ products.
DJ JulioYEG 3:16 PM - 27 September, 2018
lol the classic egotistical pioneer rep response
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 3:20 PM - 27 September, 2018
Pioneer is dead. Make way for the great new tech being embraced and released by the new top names in the industry.
DJ Marv the Maverick 4:35 PM - 27 September, 2018
Quote:
Pioneer is dead. Make way for the great new tech being embraced and released by the new top names in the industry.

Which brand are you speaking so highly off if I may ask?
DJ Marv the Maverick 4:37 PM - 27 September, 2018
Waiting for Denons follow up to the 8000.
popnwave 5:08 PM - 27 September, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Rane just like he did before he got banned.
benictrs 5:56 PM - 27 September, 2018
1. Denon MC 8000MK2
2. Pioneer DDJ-SZ3 ?
3. Rane Controler for Serato DJ With & Without motorized platers
4. Allen & Heat Controler with stand alone functionality like Denons MC8000.
5. Serato's own DMX box :)
Fingers crossed , i realy don't want the SZ3 yet , just purcahsed the SZ2 like a month ago :)))
gfella 6:02 PM - 27 September, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Rane just like he did before he got banned.

Just ignore this kid.
Chino 8:12 PM - 27 September, 2018
Quote:
Waiting for Denon's follow up to the 8000.

I would like to see this as well. As much as I poke fun at inMusic Brand, I really do want to see them succeed.

Denon DJ has GREAT INNOVATION (ideas) BUT poor execution (implementation).
Unfortunately, it seems like it will take a company like Roland or Pioneer to "borrow" these innovations, refine them & then package them into a finished, polished, professional product.
Mutis Mayfield 8:30 PM - 27 September, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

LOL! I'm more optimistic by nature. I'll settle for one or two of my NAMM predictions. ; )

I want to but since cdx arduino midi was done over 2011 (my mate started talking me about magnetical encoders like phase and people were messing with wiimotes also years ago) and this year Rane release the twelves go figure...
youtu.be

I don’t expect nothing really new from brands and NAMM (musikmesse too) are zombie parties being the true innovation on portablist communities and so. Said that there are few products possible but never expect them almost the same year people ask for at forums... count 3 years and maybe something similar spots on.

If we are talking about Santa then I want:
- Pioneer standalone digital turntable. They can do it but probably don’t want to so...
- Somekind of standalone dashboard box with HID/MIDI/DVS support (and usb hub with Host obviously)
- Djs1000 mk2, just to make the mk1 go cheaper :V
- Roland Rc808.
- Ableton embed hardware platform. Pro version with maxforlive patches support.
- Pioneer Djm2000 fx unit standalone. Take the touch screen with the fx and routing (includding parallel compression and eq mixing) and put it inside a box. Just to user with any mixer.
- Serato Flip timeline. Grossbeat but with automation from scratching maneuvers also known as The True Mixtape (TTM Did you saw what I’ve done?). Full editable so also suitable for learning scratches (in fact probably this will came before from Pioneer and Jazzy Jeff due its preset scratch box is nearest)

ficquotes.com
Chino 8:42 PM - 27 September, 2018
Quote:
Roland Rc808.

An upgrade to the Boss RC-505? If so, I'm in! I have a RC-505 that I absolutely love!!

Quote:
Ableton embedded hardware platform

^^^THIS! I'm all for embedded platforms especially if SERATO joins in & finally makes SDJ Pro embedded into a hardware device!!
Mutis Mayfield 9:21 PM - 27 September, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Roland Rc808.

An upgrade to the Boss RC-505? If so, I'm in! I have a RC-505 that I absolutely love!!

Quote:
Ableton embedded hardware platform

^^^THIS! I'm all for embedded platforms especially if SERATO joins in & finally makes SDJ Pro embedded into a hardware device!!

Yes Rc808 as rc505+djs1000

The serato embed is the dashboard standalone I mention. The nearest actual products could be Tourline or iPad with djplayer pro.
DJMIYAGI 10:09 PM - 27 September, 2018
Infinity Faders is releasing the 72 replacement fader at NAMM
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 10:10 PM - 27 September, 2018
Quote:
Infinity Faders is releasing the 72 replacement fader at NAMM

Wouldn't think the 72 needed such an upgrade.
DJMIYAGI 10:17 PM - 27 September, 2018
Quote:

Well you obviously never think about anything other than trolling people and wasting their time...so no shocker there.
jprime 10:41 PM - 27 September, 2018
Novation Twitch MKII.

Let a guy dream.
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 11:15 PM - 27 September, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Well you obviously never think about anything other than trolling people and wasting their time...so no shocker there.

your comment doesn't change the fact that the 72 doesn't need an "infinity fader" Mr. Miyagi.
Mutis Mayfield 11:16 PM - 27 September, 2018
Quote:
Novation Twitch MKII.

Let a guy dream.

It’s called S5 and it has been discontinued. The mk3 aka S8 is still living product but maybe not for too long...
Chino 2:37 PM - 28 September, 2018
Quote:
4. Allen & Heath Controller with stand alone functionality like Denons MCx8000.

Interesting. It will be the software that makes or breaks this. So far, no company has been able to refine their software enough to get me to completely move over to a Laptop-free workflow.

Rekordbox is close, Engine Prime is trying but for open format gigs, I still rely heavily on my laptop. This is why I always advocate for Serato to develop their embedded software.

Imagine a 9" motorized platter, media player with a 7" touch screen running on SDJ Pro embedded technology... It's Serato so you KNOW you can trust it!! Add dual CPUs- one to manage music library searches and the other to run the bulk of Serato operations & efxs.

I know Serato is a software company but perhaps one of their hardware partners would be willing to take the plunge with them? I feel Serato may need to diversify into the hardware game in order to stay competitive.
jprime 5:26 PM - 28 September, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Novation Twitch MKII.

Let a guy dream.

It’s called S5 and it has been discontinued. The mk3 aka S8 is still living product but maybe not for too long...

^All Traktor though. Don't think I feel comfortable moving there just yet
Mutis Mayfield 8:56 AM - 29 September, 2018
Yup the amx afx combo then ;)
YZ 3:51 AM - 1 October, 2018
Quote:

Rane Twelve
Dj cuervo 4:03 AM - 1 October, 2018
Phase will still be taking pre-orders!!!!!!!!!!
DJ Trice 12:26 PM - 1 October, 2018
Hi,

For me it will:
1> A new Reloop mixer: something like a RMX-90 dvs but with 3 channels and 16 pads
2> A new novation Twitch with a real soundcard and a real mic input (with dvs ready upgradable :-) )
TurtleFaceBrownNoser 5:45 PM - 1 October, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Rane Twelve

Ya I would take a 12 over phase anyday.
deejdave 10:19 PM - 1 October, 2018
My 2019 NAMM prediction is Chino will create a post for each and every hardware announced!! Just teasing bud hope all is well. FWIW I think this is going to be a year for N.I.
Chino 11:16 PM - 1 October, 2018
Quote:
My 2019 NAMM prediction is Chino will create a post for each and every hardware announced!! Just teasing bud hope all is well. FWIW I think this is going to be a year for N.I.

LOL! I admit it, I'm a DJ gear addict!!

My Denon MC 6000MK2 backup controller is stuck on THRU mode on channel 2 now. If it can't be fixed, then it will give me an excuse to buy a new controller!! : ) And so my gear hoarding continues...
deejdave 11:33 PM - 3 October, 2018
You are breaking your gear on purpose just to have an excuse and you KNOW it!! LOL
&Midge 9:55 AM - 5 October, 2018
would be great to see something new from Vestax that isnt aimed at the elitist audiophile end of the market!
Mutis Mayfield 11:48 AM - 5 October, 2018
Vestax?
StpVX?
Dj cuervo 2:42 PM - 5 October, 2018
Vestax Vci-500 would be nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mutis Mayfield 3:08 PM - 5 October, 2018
The nearest things are Rolands but not so “scratching focused” IMHO...
DJMIYAGI 7:13 PM - 5 October, 2018
Quote:
would be great to see something new from Vestax that isnt aimed at the elitist audiophile end of the market!

www.vestax.com
&Midge 7:54 PM - 5 October, 2018
Mutis Mayfield 4:03 PM - 24 October, 2018
Things that you can do when ttm is recorded and algorythed.
First step scratch presets by Jazzy Jeff powered by Serato Flip.
Second step Qbert AI scratcher powered by Steal them bits.

www.instagram.com

Third step: true mixtape.

The code is spread but Serato doesn’t hear...
Chino 1:35 AM - 8 January, 2019
Re-release of Technics SL-1200- confirmed
Akai APC (Ableton) controller/ standalone device- leaked
Denon Prime series controller- Rumor
Chino 5:42 PM - 9 January, 2019
2 weeks left until NAMM & 2 more RUMORED products...

1. Roland DJ-808 MKII
2. Roland/Serato remix groovebox

Two more CONFIRMED products...

1. Reloop RP8000MKII
2. Reloop Elite mixer
05spoof 5:04 PM - 10 January, 2019
Either an S9mkII or an R9 with a few more bells and whistles this year...but not at winter or summer NAMM.
Djkom 8:13 AM - 11 January, 2019
Very interesting:

www.instagram.com

Serato saying to Dj Craze they have something for him !!!

Craze is fully Traktor so it's kinda weird 🤔

Will Serato finally open SDJ to any soundcard so Craze could use his Traktor Z2 ?? Or something else ?
Djkom 8:17 AM - 11 January, 2019
Denon's also teasing an incredible year

www.instagram.com

2019 definetely looks promising !!!

Meanwhile Pioneer is still quiet...

Just 2 weeks to wait before NAMM I guess
Djkom 8:44 AM - 11 January, 2019
By the way does anyone notice Serato has finally fixes independent pad modes across connected controllers ?

By reading specs on Reloop RP 8000 mk2 and Reloop Elite, I realize it will be possible to have different pad mode actived on each controller.

Before, when a pad mode (let's say Loop Roll) was actived on any controller then this pad mode was also automatically activated on all other connected controllers.
It was annoying as hell !
Chino 1:35 PM - 11 January, 2019
Quote:
Meanwhile Pioneer is still quiet...

Almost TOO quiet. They gotta be working on something, maybe the s9MKII or R9?
Dj L-Biz 2:47 PM - 11 January, 2019
i'm still quietly hoping for an updated Akai Amx. I personally still feel there is a market for slim profile scratch mixers (in a similar vein to pmc06 or ecler nuo2 Rip Vestax & Ecler).
Djkom 3:08 PM - 11 January, 2019
Quote:
i'm still quietly hoping for an updated Akai Amx. I personally still feel there is a market for slim profile scratch mixers (in a similar vein to pmc06 or ecler nuo2 Rip Vestax & Ecler).

Exactly !!! I would love to see a compact Amx/Pmc06/Nuo2 Serato certified mixer as a backup or traveller mixer 😍😍😍

I like the Reloop Mixtour concept (transport controls, loops, cues, fx...).
Just make it :
- Serato compatible
- usable with usb powered or AC/DC powered with master and both outputs
- with innofaders,
- with a polyvalent touch strip (like in Traktor X1 mk2)

Then it will be a win so far !!!
Dj L-Biz 3:29 PM - 11 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Exactly !!! I would love to see a compact Amx/Pmc06/Nuo2 Serato certified mixer as a backup or traveller mixer 😍😍😍

I like the Reloop Mixtour concept (transport controls, loops, cues, fx...).
Just make it :
- Serato compatible
- usable with usb powered or AC/DC powered with master and both outputs
- with innofaders,
- with a polyvalent touch strip (like in Traktor X1 mk2)

Then it will be a win so far !!!

Glad i'm not the only one. i must admit it would be great to have completely portable solution. The ability to run it of usb power pack would be great allowing for stand alone with a portable turntable for example without having to necessarily include a laptop.

keep my fingers crossed Akai seem to have a few announcements on the horizon but not sure this will necessarily be one of them.
djworx.com
Chino 6:47 PM - 15 January, 2019
New Denon controller confirmed...

djworx.com

Hopefully, Denon DJ has learned from all the mishaps of the MCx8000!!
Chino 6:50 PM - 15 January, 2019
SHOUT OUT @djworx!!

You guys always have that good "shhhh, dont tell anyone just yet" info!!! LOL
dj_soo 6:57 PM - 15 January, 2019
My guess is it will be the first proper 4 channel standalone controller to the market. Pioneer seems content in only making 2 channel controllers for their xdj all in ones and typical of them, they like to lock out certain features (the rx2 doesn’t even allow you to use DVS).

This will probably be a 4 channel engine controller with serato and DVS support.
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:26 PM - 15 January, 2019
Quote:
My guess is it will be the first proper 4 channel standalone controller to the market. Pioneer seems content in only making 2 channel controllers for their xdj all in ones and typical of them, they like to lock out certain features (the rx2 doesn’t even allow you to use DVS).

This will probably be a 4 channel engine controller with serato and DVS support.

Just curious, do folks really use DVS on controllers?

I have 2 that support DVS and not once have I ever entertained the idea of plugging in decks.

If I'm doing DVS it's usually TTs.

CDJs I use HID

Controllers I use the controller as it is.
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:27 PM - 15 January, 2019
Quote:

djworx.com

Engine Prime is still the weak link.

Fancy Hardware alone isn't enough.
Despo 7:41 PM - 15 January, 2019
Quote:
<div class="quote pl pr pt pb bg-l" readability="10">

djworx.com

Isnt engine prime rekordbox compatible though? Couldnt you theoretically use rekordbox for management on the sc5000 since it converts everything?
Chino 7:44 PM - 15 January, 2019
Quote:

I'm glad you mentioned this. I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt this time around. Denon has had plenty of time to address bugs, implement missing features & focus on stability. If they haven't done it by now with Engine Prime then their success or failure is completely on them!!
dj_soo 7:48 PM - 15 January, 2019
It doesn’t convert rekordbox. It’ll read your playlists and that’s it. All tracks still have to be analyzed in Engine and all cues and loos still need to be set manually - or you can use an app like DJ Conversion tool.

Otherwise you’ll have to wait about 10-20 seconds for the player to analyze the tracks and you still won’t get cues unless you set them in Engine.

I do believe it does read serato cues tho if I’m not mistaken.
popnwave 8:06 PM - 15 January, 2019
I do like the taller feet for some reason..
Chino 8:10 PM - 15 January, 2019
Quote:

I have 2 that support DVS and not once have I ever entertained the idea of plugging in decks.

CDJs I use HID

Same here.
dj_soo 8:14 PM - 15 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

CDJs I use HID

I know a few - mainly for home use. Nice to have a fully functional unit that gives you the controls of a fully featured serato mixer. For the budget conscious and the bedroom djs who can’t afford or don’t see the point of a separate mixer for tts and a controller for mobile gigs, it’s a lot more cost effective as well.
DJ JulioYEG 8:15 PM - 15 January, 2019
I'm interested in seeing more companies come out w a 2 ch battle style mixer with pads. the market for those is huge rn.
Chino 9:30 PM - 15 January, 2019
Quote:
I'm interested in seeing more companies come out w a 2 ch battle style mixer with pads. the market for those is huge rn.

Vestax made really good two channel mixers in the past. Maybe Reloop or MIxars will fill that void now?
dj_soo 11:03 PM - 15 January, 2019
Reloop Elite has already been announced:

www.reloop.com
DJ Tecniq 11:35 PM - 15 January, 2019
Would like to see a 2 ch battle style controller. Everything you'd see in a dj mixer just on a controller w/dvs, LED playhead indicator. I think the 4 ch controller marker is over flooded and just beating a dead horse there's not much of a selection in the 2 ch marker for controllers and that's what I'd like to see. Mobile dj's need convenience and a 4 ch mixer is not one of them. If a company were to launch a 2 ch controller with features in most 4 channels I'm positive it would be a huge seller but unfortunately we just stay boxed in this 4 ch market. If it can be done with a 2 ch dj mixer it can be done with a 2 ch controller.
DJ Tecniq 11:36 PM - 15 January, 2019
market*
DJ JulioYEG 2:18 AM - 16 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Vestax made really good two channel mixers in the past. Maybe Reloop or MIxars will fill that void now?

mixars has the duo and the quattro but the workflows on them suck. I like the pads being symmetrical with the line faders. Reloop made theres but im disappointed in no flip to engage fx and the fucking fader for cue its not 2009 no wants a fader to cue.
Chino 4:47 PM - 16 January, 2019
*UPDATE*

My 'sources' are whispering about an "OMG" product to be released at NAMM!

More info to come once I confirm it...
DJ JulioYEG 5:29 PM - 16 January, 2019
Quote:
*UPDATE*

from whoooooooooo
DJ Stygma 6:50 PM - 16 January, 2019
Quote:
*UPDATE*

Don't do us like that, my heart can't take it
hersh20 7:08 PM - 16 January, 2019
pioneer s9 mkII w/built in phase.
DJ JulioYEG 7:17 PM - 16 January, 2019
Quote:

in ur dreams LOL
popnwave 7:28 PM - 16 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

in ur dreams LOL

Pioneer's DVS sucks bad enough, the might actually be a good move for them :D
dj_soo 11:00 PM - 16 January, 2019
has rekordbox finally at least added a switch to internal mode when you run out of record?
deejdave 11:22 PM - 16 January, 2019
Quote:

Wouldn't work. Pioneer likes to actually release their products when they say they will..........
SG SOUNDS 11:54 AM - 17 January, 2019
Quote:

djworx.com

www.bhphotovideo.com
Chino 3:06 PM - 17 January, 2019

Good Morning, Serato Fam!

Well, I woke up this morning to the above link with detailed info on inMusic Brand's latest Engine Prime offering so let's talk...

First of, I have to give Denon DJ props for being brave enough to come out with an Engine Prime embedded 4 channel completely standalone controller. Like it or not, the Age of Embedded Technology is officially here! Yes, Pioneer was first with the two channel XDJ series. Gemini has also teased a SDJ-4000 standalone controller. Now that Denon DJ is in the mix (so to speak) things should get interesting because Pioneer has a direct competitor.

What are my thought on all this? The bottom line is that no matter how pretty the hardware looks on the surface, what will make or break embedded technology is the software. Pioneer's Rekordbox is close, Denon DJ is trying really hard with Engine Prime & Gemini(cough) yea ok...

That leaves me with a microphone in my hand (this forum) speaking into a 100,000 watt PA system (the internet) once again looking DIRECTLY at Serato!!! The ONLY company I completely trust to do embedded technology RIGHT is Serato. Yes I KNOW they are a software company BUT Serato has MANY hardware partners (Roland & Technics for example). Serato it is time. Please make that announcement!!!

Personally, I'm not getting into embedded Technology UNTIL there is a SERATO DJ PRO embedded controller, mixer and/or media player. With that said, please comment, share & discuss on this thread.

Btw, this Engine Prime embedded controller is NOT the "OMG" product I was hinting to earlier so more to come...
Dj cuervo 3:28 PM - 17 January, 2019
Quote:

Good Morning, Serato Fam!

Well, I woke up this morning to the above link with detailed info on inMusic Brand's latest Engine Prime offering so let's talk...

First of, I have to give Denon DJ props for being brave enough to come out with an Engine Prime embedded 4 channel completely standalone controller. Like it or not, the Age of Embedded Technology is officially here! Yes, Pioneer was first with the two channel XDJ series. Gemini has also teased a SDJ-4000 standalone controller. Now that Denon DJ is in the mix (so to speak) things should get interesting because Pioneer has a direct competitor.

What are my thought on all this? The bottom line is that no matter how pretty the hardware looks on the surface, what will make or break embedded technology is the software. Pioneer's Rekordbox is close, Denon DJ is trying really hard with Engine Prime & Gemini(cough) yea ok...

That leaves me with a microphone in my hand (this forum) speaking into a 100,000 watt PA system (the internet) once again looking DIRECTLY at Serato!!! The ONLY company I completely trust to do embedded technology RIGHT is Serato. Yes I KNOW they are a software company BUT Serato has MANY hardware partners (Roland & Technics for example). Serato it is time. Please make that announcement!!!

Personally, I'm not getting into embedded Technology UNTIL there is a SERATO DJ PRO embedded controller, mixer and/or media player. With that said, please comment, share & discuss on this thread.

Btw, this Engine Prime embedded controller is NOT the "OMG" product I was hinting to earlier so more to come...

The question is Engine ready for Primetime!!!
Chino 3:45 PM - 17 January, 2019
Quote:

The reviews are very mixed. I tried to give 'Engine' a chance with the MCx8000 using version 1.5. It's NOT for me! Engine Prime may be an improvement but after reading the many comments on Denon DJ's own forum- I am skeptical. This time around I will NOT pay for a product that essentially I will still need to Beta test. I refuse to be Denon DJ's guinea pig while they work to improve their Engine Prime software.
popnwave 4:20 PM - 17 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

The reviews are very mixed. I tried to give 'Engine' a chance with the MCx8000 using version 1.5. It's NOT for me! Engine Prime may be an improvement but after reading the many comments on Denon DJ's own forum- I am skeptical. This time around I will NOT pay for a product that essentially I will still need to Beta test. I refuse to be Denon DJ's guinea pig while they work to improve their Engine Prime software.

That's the bummer of the way so much development for hardware in these days of indiegogo/kickstarter/et al is we get to either front the money or work out the bugs :(

I do think that hardware like this and the stuff from Pioneer shows a growing need to move to beefier USB 3.1 and TB3 connections, then you can push robust waveform displays to these things. The more I play with the Rane 72 the more I feel like that old USB 2.0 is just barely hanging on for that type of info movement.
Chino 4:34 PM - 17 January, 2019
Quote:
The more I play with the Rane 72 the more I feel like that old USB 2.0 is just barely hanging on for that type of info movement.

Why haven't DJ hardware manufacturers moved to USB 3.1 yet? Is it a stability issue or is it just more cost effective to still use USB 2.0?

I would think that having USB 3.1 ports would future proof their products. Maybe DJ hardware manufacturers don't want to future proof their products? Perhaps they prefer the cash grab opportunity that built-in obsoleteness provides??!!
DJ Marv the Maverick 4:59 PM - 17 January, 2019
Well said Chino

I feel the same way too...like a paying beta tester.

I owned the SC5000s which I traded in for SC5000M and the X1800. I previously owned the MCX8000 as well...which is the worst piece of kit I've ever owned.

The current prime hardware is dope but the software is just pants right now.

The basics are still behind the competition...try analysing any thing that is not techno or house and you get a BPM that is useless with no easy way to correct the wrong BPM.

They are promising to improve this ...and I hope they do soon.

Besides the BPM issue i also want them to do something about the time it takes to update the libraries especially if one is not using Engine Prime primarily for library management.

It's all or none currently ie if you refresh Serato library in Engine Prime it purges and starts afresh and can take up to 2 hours. E.g. when you add new tracks to your Serato or Traktor library.

It's quicker compared to when they initially launched .
Dj_Roger 5:25 PM - 17 January, 2019
Seems like the Denon Prime 4 is Serato Dj enabled. Check out at 13.30 in the video.
www.youtube.com
DJ Marv the Maverick 5:54 PM - 17 January, 2019
Quote:
Seems like the Denon Prime 4 is Serato Dj enabled. Check out at 13.30 in the video.
www.youtube.com

Planned support for SDJ.

I'm still waiting for SDJ support for the SC5000M...months after release.

I wonder how the fluid the screens will be with Serato as It's packing a USB 3.0 PC connection point.
popnwave 6:44 PM - 17 January, 2019
Quote:

I would think that having USB 3.1 ports would future proof their products. Maybe DJ hardware manufacturers don't want to future proof their products? Perhaps they prefer the cash grab opportunity that built-in obsoleteness provides??!!

Hey, now that I look at it, the port on the back looks like 3.1!!!! The blue, beefier style used by that type of B connector:

prime4.denondj.com

So.. question is, will it use it to the it's full potential?
DJ JulioYEG 7:11 PM - 17 January, 2019
Quote:
I'm still waiting for SDJ support for the SC5000M...months after release.

should be in the next version when they support the prime 4
Chino 7:38 PM - 17 January, 2019
Quote:
Well said Chino

I feel the same way too...like a paying beta tester.

Thank you. I'm really just pointing out the obvious. A lot of companies try to be slick & pull a fast one over the average consumer.
Chino 7:40 PM - 17 January, 2019
Quote:

Hey, now that I look at it, the port on the back looks like 3.1!!!! The blue, beefier style used by that type of B connector:

prime4.denondj.com

So.. question is, will it use it to the it's full potential?

It def should help IF used to it's full potential! I do wish the Rane 72 had made use of USB 3.1 ports too.
Djkom 7:57 PM - 17 January, 2019
Quote:

@Chino, Please tell us a bit more !!!

Knowing your style of dj gear, I'm more interested by your "OMG" product than this prime4 😒

At least, some hint: compagny, type of hardware...etc
Chino 8:11 PM - 17 January, 2019
Quote:

Knowing your style of dj gear, I'm more interested by your "OMG" product than this prime4 😒

I still need to confirm the whispers. Its all just rumors until I see an actual pic and/or link with specifications, supporting product details etc.

I will say that its really not hard to guess what is coming if you look at what is being released now...
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:13 PM - 17 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

I still need to confirm the whispers. Its all just rumors until I see an actual pic and/or link with specifications, supporting product details etc.

I will say that its really not hard to guess what is coming if you look at what is being released now...

Roland?
The Return of Dj Sparky 8:17 PM - 17 January, 2019
The 72 screen probably has nothing so do with t
The limitation of bamdwith and just bad programming by serato
The Return of Dj Sparky 8:18 PM - 17 January, 2019
Same way they can't get the waveforms smooth in the software
DJ Tecniq 8:19 PM - 17 January, 2019
Hopefully a 2 ch controller with LED playhead on the jogwheels. Signed..”every 2 ch mobile DJ”✌🏼
Chino 8:20 PM - 17 January, 2019
Here is ANOTHER embedded technology standalone product released by inMusic Brand. This time it's geared towards blurring the lines between a DJ & music production. The link is below...

www.musicradar.com
Chino 8:21 PM - 17 January, 2019
Hmmm, I wonder if there is a common theme here...
Chino 8:23 PM - 17 January, 2019
Quote:
Hopefully a 2 ch controller with LED playhead on the jogwheels. Signed..”every 2 ch mobile DJ”✌🏼

LOL! You push for this type of product as much as I advocate for embedded technology!! ; )
Djkom 8:28 PM - 17 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Seriously I don't see...

Another standalone product from inMusic ???
DJ Tecniq 8:41 PM - 17 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

LOL! You push for this type of product as much as I advocate for embedded technology!! ; )
Gotta get the word out somehow. The 4 ch market is drowning there are many djs that could use these features in a 2 ch environment...
dj_soo 12:12 AM - 18 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Prime is way better
Chino 12:31 AM - 18 January, 2019
Quote:
Prime is way better

Just curious...Is the Prime 4 controller an instant buy for you with the current Engine Prime software?

The reason I ask is that for me personally, if the hardware was exactly the same but instead ran an embedded version of SDJ Pro- I would buy it right now without hesitation!!

I think THAT is the major difference & ultimately, the deciding factor of whether or not embedded technology is going to succeed. In order for the majority of the DJ community to adopt this technology, we really do need Serato software to ensure that it will work reliably.
dj_soo 12:41 AM - 18 January, 2019
I don’t really use standalone so no, it wouldn’t.

I have used the 5000s a couple times and they were great and easy to use albeit I was djing very basically with it since I hadn’t scanned anything in Engine. I’ve heard complaints about the x1800 mixer, but it seemed fine to me.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 12:55 AM - 18 January, 2019
From what I have in the videos it only shows 5 tracks at a time??

Someone tell me this wrong and it shows more then that 🤔
Chino 12:58 AM - 18 January, 2019
Quote:
I don’t really use standalone so no, it wouldn’t.

That makes sense.
DJ JulioYEG 3:07 AM - 18 January, 2019
Quote:
Prime is way better

pads are smaller :-//
DJ JulioYEG 3:09 AM - 18 January, 2019
pioneer better be coming out with a s9 nexus and physical cue buttons lol
DJ Stygma 3:29 PM - 18 January, 2019
What will suck is if people buy the Prime 4 do the work to convert their collection from Serato to Prime, then a Serato standalone comes out.
popnwave 4:03 PM - 18 January, 2019
Quote:
What will suck is if people buy the Prime 4 do the work to convert their collection from Serato to Prime, then a Serato standalone comes out.

Why not use the same library, you don't have to convert just like you can use Rekordbox and Serato on lots of Pioneer hardware with no issues.

A Serato standalone is going to be so basic and stripped down in its first form people are going to cry about it non stop. Branching off a dev team into making a system for SOC style setups with ARM/Snapdragon type CPUs is no small undertaking. Look at the baby steps Denon is making with the Prime/Engine stuff.
Chino 4:05 PM - 18 January, 2019
Quote:

: )
Djkom 4:13 PM - 18 January, 2019
@Chino tell us more !!!!!!!

Let rumors revive this discussion 😂
DJ Stygma 6:20 PM - 18 January, 2019
Quote:
Why not use the same library, you don't have to convert just like you can use Rekordbox and Serato on lots of Pioneer hardware with no issues.

A Serato standalone is going to be so basic and stripped down in its first form people are going to cry about it non stop. Branching off a dev team into making a system for SOC style setups with ARM/Snapdragon type CPUs is no small undertaking. Look at the baby steps Denon is making with the Prime/Engine stuff.

It only transfers over cues and loops, not beatgrids, so if you want those loops to work correctly, you either have to adjust them or adjust the beatgrids.
Djkom 9:25 PM - 19 January, 2019
serato.com

Have a look guyz 😉
&Midge 5:37 PM - 20 January, 2019
nothing else over the weekend then? :(
Djkom 7:16 PM - 21 January, 2019
Ok so currently only 5 or 6 new products to be showed at NAMM:
- Reloop RP8000 MKII
- Reloop ELITE
- Denon Prime4
- Technics SL1200 MK7
- Akai Force
- Mixars Primo ???

What about Pioneer, Rane and Numark ???
&Midge 7:29 PM - 21 January, 2019
Roland?
dj_soo 7:29 PM - 21 January, 2019
Pioneer announced their $600 headphones.

Woo?
Chino 7:32 AM - 22 January, 2019
Quote:
What about Pioneer, Rane and Numark ???

I was wondering the same.

Quote:
Roland?

Im hoping to hear an announcement soon.

Maybe Panasonic has something else new to unveil with their Technics product line?

There is no news YET of the product I want released?! Either it is not ready in time for NAMM or I got my hopes up for nothing????!!!!

Maybe something NEW coming from Serato?
dj_soo 8:21 AM - 22 January, 2019
Pioneer has a pretty big booth from what it seems - they gotta have something big to show at this point. Maybe they're just good at plugging any leaks?

Probably due a new Nexus lineup, but to me it hasn't felt like the NXS2 stuff has been as ubiquitous as the last one. Lotta venues I go to are still sporting the original NXS cdjs with some still using the old 2000s.

I wonder if they're going to radically alter the design - maybe something akin to controls on the RX2?

I'd love to see a proper Serato branded controller. Maybe do something like what Google does with the Pixel phone and just partner with a different company for each release? I'd like to see what Serato could come up with being more hands-on with hardware design.
MixMasterGnl 9:53 AM - 22 January, 2019
Quote:
or you can use an app like DJ Conversion tool.

@dj_soo I much appreciate the mention but let me rectify a few things to avoid confusion.

The Denon Conversion Utility i(DeCU) s what you need to convert Rekordbox to Engine Prime (EP)
The DJ Conversion Utility (DJCU) is what you need to convert from Serato to Rekordbox

You can use both apps daisy-chained without using Rekordbox at all to go from Either Serato or Traktor to Engine Prime. For conversion from Rekordbox only the Denon Conversion Utility is required.

here is a list of what the Prime ecosystem does and does not convert:

CDJ USB's can be read by the player most is converted but NOT the memory cues and beat grid=BPM (more about that later).

Rekordbox collections can NOT be read by EP

Traktor and Serato collections can be read by EP with ta few major drawbacks:

No grid/BPM data is converted to Prime. Tracks (bpm) are always analyzed by Prime even if it looks like the BPM was converted. This is also true for CDJ USB conversion in the player and very confusing.

Not all storage locations for tracks are supported (e.g. tracks on fileservers won't work)

The conversion is entire collection at once or nothing. Overwriting any tweaking you may have made to tracks in Engine Prime previously. This makes updating the EP collection with modifications you made to your Serato/Traktor collection a nightmare.

All these limitations are avoided by using my apps for the conversion from all those platforms.

The problem most have is with the beatgrids and the fact that these are not converted. I've written an article about how this works here:
www.reddit.com

Tip:
The beauty of the Prime Ecosystem is that once tracks are on an external drive that can be read by the player, there is no distinciton between the drive that holds your collection and the drive you connect to the player. The same drive can be used and things will look exactly the same. (similar to how this works for Serato with externally stored tracks).

You can try how well all this works even before you've bought the player/controller.
Download Engine Prime (it's free) denondj.com
See how well it suits your workflow (don't forget to try to add a few tracks to your Traktor collection after you did the initial run).
And if you're not satisfied with the results you can use my tools (links are in the beatgrid article, I don't want to spam them all over).
Chino 1:26 PM - 22 January, 2019
Quote:
Pioneer has a pretty big booth from what it seems - they gotta have something big to show at this point. Maybe they're just good at plugging any leaks?

Pioneer is REALLY good at plugging the leaks! I hear about most products before hand but usually not Pioneer's.

Another thing I noticed is that when you do find out about a product its because Pioneer wants you to. Their products are usually ready to ship out global soon after a product launch too.
Illiment 4:06 PM - 22 January, 2019
Quote:

+1 these other companies are too new to software. Serato been around since the beginning of dvs, they really are the only ones that can do it right at this point.
Djkom 4:40 PM - 22 January, 2019
Embedded technology and computer base technology is clearly not the same thing.
In Embedded world, you have to optimize almost everything with a specific processor. This needs strong hardware skills.

In computer world, you have frameworks, communities, strong supports ... that helps to deliver faster and better.

I'm sorry but I can't see Serato involved into this embedded business...too much investments !
Chino 6:21 PM - 22 January, 2019
Quote:

I'm sorry but I can't see Serato involved into this embedded business...too much investments !

IMHO, IF Serato begins to loose market share due to Pioneer or Denon DJ's embedded platforms- then we will see an embedded version from Serato.

Serato has plenty of hardware partners to choose from who could possibly share in the investment. Roland comes to mind... Maybe Panasonic (Technics)? Panasonic definitely has the cash to cover the investment expenses! ; )
deejdave 1:37 AM - 23 January, 2019
Niche. That is all this is. Everyone wants embedded just like they wanted spinning platters. Ask Denon how their motorized Primes are doing? They want this because they hear other DJ's say the same thing etc. In the end it is just another hardware set, with another OS, with another SW version. Yet being an all in one it more or less locks all these elements into one direction with one attempt at layout, GUI, and not much room for future additions/improvements.

For instance the next big thing is streaming. Guess what kind of HW won't be offering this........
Chino 2:28 AM - 23 January, 2019
Quote:
Everyone wants embedded just like they wanted spinning platters.

Im a fan of spinning platters & embedded technology as long as its done right.
Chino 11:27 PM - 23 January, 2019
There is talk of a redesigned exterior of the Rane 12. Does this just means that all Rane 12s going forward will have the updated recessed bottom from the recall?

Or does this mean that Rane actually put some additional thought into it & totally redesigned where the recessed connections are located???
DJ Eighty 8 12:18 AM - 24 January, 2019
Already Official: dj.rane.com
GusGomez 12:36 AM - 24 January, 2019
Quote:

Hmmm not drilled about that design
GusGomez 12:37 AM - 24 January, 2019
*Thrilled
Ollieboy 6:12 AM - 24 January, 2019
I predict an upset crowd at the Phase Booth and Phase having to to present their case over and over and over again.
Djkom 7:56 AM - 24 January, 2019
Quote:

The quick release spindle adapter is dope !! Just click on a little button to fix/release quickly the control vynil.

Do you realize they can now produce a real hybrid turntable ! A mix between the RP8000 mk2 and the Rane 12. The switch between regular vinyl mixing and controller mode will be made in seconds.
RIP phase !
GusGomez 8:00 AM - 24 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

The quick release spindle adapter is dope !! Just click on a little button to fix/release quickly the control vynil.

Do you realize they can now produce a real hybrid turntable ! A mix between the RP8000 mk2 and the Rane 12. The switch between regular vinyl mixing and controller mode will be made in seconds.
RIP phase !

I might send mine back just to get these new ones just because of that
Despo 2:19 PM - 24 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

RIP phase !

Yeah. But they probably won't. I've been telling people for years to make a hybrid turntable nobody seems to listen
Djkom 3:01 PM - 24 January, 2019
www.digitaldjtips.com

While Serato adds Serato Play extension pack, NI is bringing Traktor DJ 2 on the table !!! The first cross-platform IOS/MacOs/PC dj app with stacked waveforms !!!
popnwave 3:44 PM - 24 January, 2019
Quote:
www.digitaldjtips.com

While Serato adds Serato Play extension pack, NI is bringing Traktor DJ 2 on the table !!! The first cross-platform IOS/MacOs/PC dj app with stacked waveforms !!!

Looks like a nice alternative to DJay Pro more than anything else, without Spotify of course.
Chino 4:28 PM - 24 January, 2019
Quote:
Looks like a nice alternative to DJay Pro more than anything else, without Spotify of course

^This. I do use DJay Pro on an iPad for wedding ceremonies & cocktail hour. Traktor DJ 2 looks cool for those types of applications too.
Djkom 5:15 PM - 24 January, 2019
Def a smart move from both Traktor DJ and DJay Pro. Unifying platforms is THE user friendly solution.
I like the idea of having a laptop AND a mobile device solution on the same platform for different type of gigs.
Just miss an embedded device to complete the whole offering !
For now, only NI can do that...and maybe Pioneer...
Chino 6:07 PM - 24 January, 2019
Pioneer is ULTRA quiet this year. I was hoping for a surprise new release from them, Roland, Numark and/or maybe Technics....

I know its still early so hopefully something new is coming from one of those companies. On the music production tip, I really do like the Akai Force. I just hope that the software is stable by now.

No new Serato partnership/announcement, yet??
dj_soo 6:56 PM - 24 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

RIP phase !

Yeah. But they probably won't. I've been telling people for years to make a hybrid turntable nobody seems to listen

There were a handful of hybrid turntables in the late 00s - unfortunately, they were primarily made by companies like Gemini, Numark, and Stanton and were released when serato was just hitting its peak in terms of club installs so they never caught on.
dj_soo 7:00 PM - 24 January, 2019
Quote:

No new Serato partnership/announcement, yet??

I mean, who’s left for them to partner with? The only major company they aren’t working with now is Allen & Heath, and they’ve already made it clear they won’t be supporting the xone 96

Stanton maybe, but they’ve been dead in the water for a while now.

They’ve got pioneer, all the major InMusic brands, Reloop, Roland, and Mixars along with partnerships with cheap brands like Hercules and Gemini.

Really, who’s left these days?
GusGomez 7:09 PM - 24 January, 2019
This feels like the slowest NAMM in years really nothing new everything except for the Denon Prime 4 that has been announce is meodicre at best.
dj_soo 7:18 PM - 24 January, 2019
Last year’s was also super underwhelming.

The biggest surprise to come out of NAMM 2018 was the Phase (which we’re still waiting for), and the biggest demo was the Rane gear which had already been announced for a while.
GusGomez 7:24 PM - 24 January, 2019
Quote:
Last year’s was also super underwhelming.

The biggest surprise to come out of NAMM 2018 was the Phase (which we’re still waiting for), and the biggest demo was the Rane gear which had already been announced for a while.

I think the difference was that atleast last year with the RANE and Phase we had something to look forward to but this year we really have nothing...I like that PRIME4 but i need rotating platters had it come with rotating platters i would've been all over that... I'm sick of carrying a laptop
&Midge 8:33 PM - 24 January, 2019
The thing that has my interest the most is the new S4 MKIII (but that came out before NAMM)
dj_soo 8:53 PM - 24 January, 2019
Reloop Elite mixer looks nice. Nothing I need, but if I were in the market for a 2 channel serato scratch mixer, I’d probably get that over the S9 at this point.
GusGomez 9:00 PM - 24 January, 2019
Quote:
Reloop Elite mixer looks nice. Nothing I need, but if I were in the market for a 2 channel serato scratch mixer, I’d probably get that over the S9 at this point.

I would need a review before making that move the S9 has proven its worth now the 72 is doing the same that’s a Reloop needs some kind of confirmation for me to have confidence in it
YZ 9:23 PM - 24 January, 2019
... for those talking about not seeing integrated hardware\software gear. Gemini said suck it.

djworx.com
GusGomez 9:25 PM - 24 January, 2019
Quote:
... for those talking about not seeing integrated hardware\software gear. Gemini said suck it.

djworx.com

Lol been trying to figure out what the hell is that 😂 big tank reminds me of the first hummer
YZ 9:29 PM - 24 January, 2019
Ain't nothing Gemini makes is a $1,000 either so this my be some bootleg budget tech. Wonder if they'll give me my 8-bit 12 sec sampler back???
Chino 10:00 PM - 24 January, 2019
Quote:

Really, who’s left these days?

Technics : )
Chino 10:03 PM - 24 January, 2019
Quote:

djworx.com

LOL! WOW!! If it had a RANE or Technics logo with Serato embedded then maybe...
dj_soo 10:05 PM - 24 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

I would need a review before making that move the S9 has proven its worth now the 72 is doing the same that’s a Reloop needs some kind of confirmation for me to have confidence in it

Yea, definitely would want to hear reviews and real world experiences, but it’s not like Reloop is a brand new company or makes crap. The turntables are highly rated, the controllers are competent at the very least and their mixers are generally well reviewed and considered quality for their price range.
GusGomez 10:08 PM - 24 January, 2019
Well here it is in action
www.instagram.com
YZ 10:31 PM - 24 January, 2019
The Reloop mixer is nothing ground breaking... Just another mixer at NAMM this year imo and it's still not as good as the other guys so...

So wait, Phase has a booth? Kidding me they're still pushing that crap?
deejdave 10:43 PM - 24 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

djworx.com

LOL! WOW!! If it had a RANE or Technics logo with Serato embedded then maybe...

I thought we knew of this prototype thing long ago. I believe Gemini will do just that too.
deejdave 1:02 AM - 25 January, 2019
BTW

NAMM 2015 Gemini Standalone Player djworx.com

NAMM 2016 Genimi Standalone Controller djworx.com

NAMM 2017 Gemini Standalone Controller djworx.com

I suppose this is the year they will nail it..........
DJ Merci 1:21 AM - 25 January, 2019
Serato Video is @Namm 2019 Any ideas??
DJ Merci 1:23 AM - 25 January, 2019
Numark as well any idea Chino to both questions?
Dj Ricky Redz 1:26 AM - 25 January, 2019
The biggest announcement I've seen so far is from Yorkville

yorkville.com
Chino 1:37 AM - 25 January, 2019
Quote:
Numark as well any idea Chino to both questions?

Numark MAY be the company to release a portable 9" version of the Rane 12...

Quote:
Serato Video is @Namm 2019 Any ideas??

A Serato Video update is LOOOOOG overdue. That is GOOD news!!
Chino 1:38 AM - 25 January, 2019
Quote:
The biggest announcement I've seen so far is from Yorkville

yorkville.com

DOPE!!
Chino 1:42 AM - 25 January, 2019
Quote:
BTW

NAMM 2015 Gemini Standalone Player djworx.com

NAMM 2016 Genimi Standalone Controller djworx.com

NAMM 2017 Gemini Standalone Controller djworx.com

I suppose this is the year they will nail it..........

*SIGH* I have a soft spot for embedded technology in general but at this rate I will be retired from DJing before I see a Serato embedded device?! I mean if GEMINI can't do it after all these years no one can!! LMAO!!!
deejdave 2:04 AM - 25 January, 2019
LMAO You bring up a good point as Gemini will obviously not be the one parting the red sea here. Denon will MOST DEF have more success but I am being sincere when I say people just think they want it. This is from human nature of familiarity and nostalgia IMO. In other words a comfort thing. I still rock out with just my CDJ's every now and then BUT when I need features and NEED to be ready for anything laptop is a must. If I have HW issue. Laptop still works. If I want to DL a song on the fly Laptop BOOM. If I want to use streaming option LAPTOP. Want to have choice of platform (RBDJ, SDJPro, TP3, etc) Laptop and once more even IF I do have a standalone option is it really standalone if I depend on track management SW and the same machine to source the content from? No it will just be standalone when I may potentially need it most. I mean you never NEED anything until you need it. No worries the customer will understand that you put all your trust into your all-in-one............... LOL I am being dramatic I know but point remains.

I do have a bit of insider info for the masses though. This year will be the year of cross platform applications. You have heard of some (Traktod DJ 2, Djay, etc.) which bridge the hardware/mobile/laptop gap BUT you will soon be learning of other SW that you may not have though of as key players that will soon be joining the big boys.
Despo 2:18 AM - 25 January, 2019
I dunno man, I just want a hybrid turntable, one that can do hid like a rane 12 and normal vinyl. And I don't only think that I want it, I'll go out and buy a pair as soon as someone has enoguh sense to make some
DJ Merci 2:31 AM - 25 January, 2019
Pioneer has 4 booths very quiet tonight, might see some action Friday / mid Sat afternoon
GusGomez 2:37 AM - 25 January, 2019
I’m actually considering trading my Twelves in for the SC5000M’s I think that’s as close as we getting to stand alone rotating platters
dj_soo 3:10 AM - 25 January, 2019
They aren’t “close,” they are literally standalone players with spinning platters.

Only downsides are there’s no serato his support (yet) and the scratching algorithm isn’t the greatest.
GusGomez 4:01 AM - 25 January, 2019
Quote:
They aren’t “close,” they are literally standalone players with spinning platters.

Only downsides are there’s no serato his support (yet) and the scratching algorithm isn’t the greatest.

Agreed if they fix that scratching algorithm man that would be sweet
YZ 4:29 AM - 25 January, 2019
The Gemini platter things... rofl.
DJ Tecniq 4:53 AM - 25 January, 2019
This shits all over the Prime 4...🤣 kidding
But for real I’m impressed w/Gemini looks decent for the budget DJ. $1000 or below🤔

youtu.be
DJ JulioYEG 5:28 AM - 25 January, 2019
Quote:

care to elaborate?
DJ JulioYEG 5:38 AM - 25 January, 2019
Quote:
But for real I’m impressed w/Gemini looks decent for the budget DJ. $1000 or below🤔

youtu.be

lol gemini gets shit on but they make products that are borderline illegal replicas of the industry standard equipment which helps newbies get familiarized with the "pro" eco system
dj_soo 7:13 AM - 25 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

care to elaborate?

Just featureset. Lot of dealbreakers on the S9 - which is why I never got it and waited for the 72 - mainly things like the lack of seperate pad modes, the cheap faders for the upfaders, the general pioneer sound quality (although I do think the S9 sounded better than the old 900NXS), and a few other nitpicks.

I like the S9 a decent amount and especially love the Magvel Pro crossfader, but there were just too many dealbreakers for me.

This Elite doesn't have the hardware effects or the effect paddles, but everything else seems on point in terms of layout and controls (although I could do without the cue fader).
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:52 AM - 25 January, 2019
Quote:
I’m actually considering trading my Twelves in for the SC5000M’s I think that’s as close as we getting to stand alone rotating platters

Quote:
Quote:

I have the Ms and have zero complaints so far with the hardware.

Try scratching with the key lock off.

And I ported my whole Serato library over using a 4TB external drive. It handles every file type even MP4 videos (obviously it plays just the audio)

IMO Engine Prime still needs just a few more basic tweaks from the developers...namely

1 improved bpm detection algorithm...there is an issue with some tracks mostly hip hop getting a BPM that is 33% higher or lower.

2. A "none" range for bpm, just like serato. The current range is a bit restrictive. It leads to half time or double time BPM easily. But it's quickly fixable even mid set.

3. Import Serato library and crates structure.
DJ JulioYEG 4:26 PM - 25 January, 2019
Quote:
(although I could do without the cue fader).

lol +1
GusGomez 4:35 PM - 25 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

And I ported my whole Serato library over using a 4TB external drive. It handles every file type even MP4 videos (obviously it plays just the audio)

what kind of Hard drive are you using because i had SC5000's originals and I used a samsung 256gb SSD and it was super slow reading it
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:58 PM - 25 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

what kind of Hard drive are you using because i had SC5000's originals and I used a samsung 256gb SSD and it was super slow reading it

Seagate Expansion 4TB formatted in ExFat.

Besides the initial load time, it runs like a champ with the Ms. Even pulling tracks from the networked player is no issue. Searching fast. I have my eye on a 4TB Samsung SSD and I reckon that will even quicking the initial load time.

I have a 256gb SanDisk ultra SSD as well...I was initially going to use this, But I like the convenience of having my entire library at hand.

My work flow

I Do all library updating and crate management in Serato. I use a 4TB SSD which is formatted in HFS for this.

Then I refresh Serato library in Engine Prime.

Carbon Copy Clone the SSD to the Seagate.

It's the Seagate that I use with the Primes

For exporting just a few crates from my original SSD (HFS formatted) to the 256gb SanDisk I use Mixmaster Gs/ATGR DJ Conversion Utility.

Engine Prime will not imports to its collection it will import the tracks, cues and loops. Crates have to be redone. Whereas DJCU imports crates as well as helps maintain the BPM that the track has.

Engine Prime always analyse everything you add whether you like it or not. And it's BPM algorithm is horrible.
Chino 9:14 PM - 25 January, 2019
sonicstate.com

Maybe Serato & Roland are 'testing the waters' for a possible future groove box partnership??
Chino 9:29 PM - 25 January, 2019
Watchm.youtube.com

Reloop has that same innovative spirit that Vestax had. Hopefully some of that innovative spirit will rub off on Technics with future product launches!
YZ 5:22 AM - 26 January, 2019
Won't happen, Technics is an old school company with old school feel and design. The won't do anything with pink and baby blue buttons all over it. Nope.
Ves 9:00 AM - 26 January, 2019
I expected a few software announcements from Denon, Pioneer and Serato but nothing (yet).

Almost feels like they're playing the waiting game to see who will draw first
dj_soo 9:59 AM - 26 January, 2019
The Denon/Resolume video is pretty cool:

Watchwww.youtube.com
Chino 5:21 PM - 26 January, 2019
For those of you into music production, Arturia has a new audio interface line...

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ Tecniq 11:08 PM - 26 January, 2019
Mixars Primo in action.

youtu.be
Ollieboy 6:26 AM - 27 January, 2019
NAMM 2019 Along with some dope new gear alot of heavy hitters came through the DJ area showcasing at the different booths. DJ's flexing skillz and there's a lot of good ones, old, new and some you didn't know had skills. If there's at least one thing to take away from this year's NAMM it's "Stay on Top of Your Game." Cause you can have the dopest equipment but it don't mean shit if you ain't got the skills to go with it.
HighTopFade 7:04 AM - 27 January, 2019
I guess no replacement for the S9. Pretty sure BrianSRedd would have covered it.

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ Tecniq 7:07 AM - 27 January, 2019
Quote:
I guess no replacement for the S9. Pretty sure BrianSRedd would have covered it.

Watchwww.youtube.com
Nope they are really pushing Rekordbox right now and they released a few controllers before NAMM. Guess they didn’t want to compete but i have a feeling they are gonna drop new equipment after NAMM that’s only my guess.
DJ Merci 2:31 PM - 27 January, 2019
djtechtools.com

what about these??? dammmmmnnnn
Ollieboy 3:44 PM - 27 January, 2019
Quote:
djtechtools.com

This truely meant for the scratch dj. Apparently this is the closest you'll get to a real vinyl response. More responsive than Tracktor from what the Thud Rumble crew said. Since you don't have a separate laptop, you avoid having to send the signal through another channel hence the quicker response.
Djkom 3:55 PM - 27 January, 2019
Quote:
djtechtools.com

Interesting concept, but this one is ugly and poorly designed.
I mean why they're saying no laptop needed when inside this mixer it's a real computer with a full desktop class dj software...so completely not designed for that use.

A combo Rane 12 with standalone mode like the sc5000m and a rane 72 with standalone mode too and a bigger screen, makes more sense.
deejdave 1:51 AM - 28 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
djtechtools.com

This truely meant for the scratch dj. Apparently this is the closest you'll get to a real vinyl response. More responsive than Tracktor from what the Thud Rumble crew said. Since you don't have a separate laptop, you avoid having to send the signal through another channel hence the quicker response.

This is a mixer that has an OS, SW and circuit board all in one. I am assuming it has some sort of internal mass storage as well (or external via SD card or USB drive).............. unless Q has discovered some sort of new way to send signals and energy it uses the same copper, silicon and connections that every other laptop uses so faster with less latency by default? Not a chance especially if it is in fact just an embedded version of Traktor.
Ollieboy 6:13 AM - 28 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
djtechtools.com

This is a mixer that has an OS, SW and circuit board all in one. I am assuming it has some sort of internal mass storage as well (or external via SD card or USB drive).............. unless Q has discovered some sort of new way to send signals and energy it uses the same copper, silicon and connections that every other laptop uses so faster with less latency by default? Not a chance especially if it is in fact just an embedded version of Traktor.

It's coming from thudrumble. The latency, I'm sure, is one of the main things that Qbert always trys to keep at a minimum and probably the most important thing to QBert. His scratch is so fast that there's got to be almost 0 latency. It's one of the key selling points.
&Midge 10:00 AM - 28 January, 2019
Ships with Windows 10, Traktor and Serato
Chino 3:59 PM - 28 January, 2019
Quote:
"Stay on Top of Your Game." cause you can have the dopest equipment but it don't mean shit if you ain't got the skills to go with it.

This has always been the case especially at an event like NAMM or a DJ battle. The difference now-a-days is that most people could care less about what equipment you are using, the # of years you have been DJing OR how skilled you are. These days most people just want the DJ to play the music that THEY want to hear when they want to hear it.

I have to admit that I expected a lot more revolutionary/evolutionary DJ products to be released this year. Well, there is always next year...
DJ JulioYEG 8:16 PM - 28 January, 2019
Quote:
These days most people just want the DJ to play the music that THEY want to hear when they want to hear it.

or how many people they know leading to how many people they can pick into the club
Gio Alex 9:14 PM - 28 January, 2019
Quote:
Won't happen, Technics is an old school company with old school feel and design. The won't do anything with pink and baby blue buttons all over it. Nope.

Facts. It's a company of old school boy's club. They never even planned on being in the dj business to begin with.
Gio Alex 9:17 PM - 28 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

youtu.be

lol gemini gets shit on but they make products that are borderline illegal replicas of the industry standard equipment which helps newbies get familiarized with the "pro" eco system

But who's buying gemini today though? How have they managed to still be around?
DJ JulioYEG 11:34 PM - 28 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

youtu.be

But who's buying gemini today though? How have they managed to still be around?

beginners lol
dj_soo 2:07 AM - 29 January, 2019
While the quality of their product has always been pretty shitty, they have had some innovative designs over the years.

The PDT 6000 was the first and only turntable that I know of which had a separate fader to adjust the pitch without adjusting the tempo.

Too bad the build and longevity was so shit.
deejdave 3:53 AM - 29 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
djtechtools.com

It's coming from thudrumble. The latency, I'm sure, is one of the main things that Qbert always trys to keep at a minimum and probably the most important thing to QBert. His scratch is so fast that there's got to be almost 0 latency. It's one of the key selling points.

Trust I get it and I know his credentials BUT wanting and hoping don't get you far in the world of technology when you are limited by what is available. IF they had Intel working on this for real and not just promotionally new boundaries could have been crossed but trust this is same old in new (somewhat) package. IMO he should have gone the iOS route as this is truly where the almost zero latency exists. I don't want to slam anything before it is even out but I am just saying keep the expectations realistic and in line with what could actually exist. There is zero chance of propitiatory tech in this thing thus there can be no real improvements. The HD will still be connected the same way and the input devices (TT's, buttons, faders) will still be circuits of some kind. A USB cable (or whatever way you connect) is not the true enemy here. Keep in mind the DDJ-SX used USB 1.1 technology and never had any REAL latency issues so bumping it to USB-C or what have you would/could of only helped so much. Am I making any sense? Not saying it won't be great just not for reasons of spec accomplishments and benchmarks never before witnessed by mankind is all.
dj_soo 6:06 AM - 29 January, 2019
ios would severely limit what software could be used with DVS tho.

afiak, only a handful of smaller and lesser known software supports DVS via an ipad or iphone.

With a windows machine, you basically get all the major and minor software that's available on windows outside of Serato - which would require a box built into the mixer.
05spoof 6:16 AM - 29 January, 2019
Watchwww.youtube.com
Invader mixer in action...latency?
deejdave 1:51 AM - 30 January, 2019
Keep in mind this is about development and who says anyone has to be tied to any given SW just because it has not yet been made. The available options are smaller yes but regarding latency and such you could NEVER get the same performance from a laptop.

If it is about flat out available SW options then Mac is the only way to go as you can pretty much use anything.

As far as the latency issue goes as I said it hasn't been an issue with Serato (with Mac) since the beginning and this was with the SX which used USB 1.1

Crazy they went with an i5 intel though. I haven't had anything less than i7 since 2012 then again this thing isn't exactly getting the payload one of my laptops do. This is great to see it all come together indeed but if I am being honest I feel like this is all wasted energy as the juice is not worth the squeeze.
HK1200 8:02 PM - 30 January, 2019
Assuming all goes well, I'd pick it over the 72.
dj_soo 8:26 PM - 30 January, 2019
I wouldn’t personally. If it’s just a serato box hacked into the mixer, you get no post fader effects, and a major lack of some of the more advanced controls. Even if they hack together a custom midi XML to make it more robust, there are certain features serato locks away, and the control scheme doesn’t look robust enough to cover the more comprehensive scheme you’d see in the 72, Elite, or even the S9.
DJ JulioYEG 9:12 PM - 30 January, 2019
Quote:

too bad it runs on windows LOL
HK1200 9:28 PM - 30 January, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

too bad it runs on windows LOL

I'd be right at home then. :D

Quote:
I wouldn’t personally. If it’s just a serato box hacked into the mixer, you get no post fader effects, and a major lack of some of the more advanced controls. Even if they hack together a custom midi XML to make it more robust, there are certain features serato locks away, and the control scheme doesn’t look robust enough to cover the more comprehensive scheme you’d see in the 72, Elite, or even the S9.

I doubt the final rendition will just be an sl box crammed into a mixer enclosure though, but who knows at this point.

Either way though, 'Bert didn't seem to mind. Don't think I would either, for the most part. My external fx processor just collects dust, and I rarely if ever use the built in Serato FX. That's just me though.
dj_soo 9:39 PM - 30 January, 2019
the only way they can make it function with Serato in any other way would be to officially license the mixer - considering the first run is only going to be 33 units, that's not going to happen - and the only way to make it work without official licensing is to throw a box - or at least the internals in there which will automatically bypass any chance of post fader effects.

And while it seems like there haven't been any pics of the back, I highly doubt there's going to be a dedicated send-return. And it doesn't look like there's any controls to affect a send/return so your external unit won't really work either.
HK1200 9:57 PM - 30 January, 2019
Nope, no send/return on the back that I could see in the above vid, at least in this iteration. I haven't kept up with the project much, but an initial release of 33 units is definitely not mass market enough for a licensing deal. That sounds more like a public beta than actual release. Hopefully they can hammer out a deal with Serato and add some more outs and in's once they're ready for the big time. It's a glimpse at the future though, and I kinda dig it.
dj_soo 10:05 PM - 30 January, 2019
I think this is going to be more of a boutique, made-to-order type mixer than anything that's going to be mass produced - similar to some of the new rotary companies out there that build by the order rather than producing a few hundred units unless the demand is super high.

If anything this is pretty much a DIY kit that they're trying to put on the market.

A little like this thing: djtechtools.com
Gio Alex 10:12 PM - 30 January, 2019
I thought it was agreed that the xfader section should be clear and no pads. Did we go back to putting them around the cross fader section and potentially/accidentally hitting cue points?
YZ 10:16 PM - 30 January, 2019
Cool but I recommend nobody buy this thing. What's the lifecycle of it, will the cpu overheat in that thing, who's supporting it, 33 units huh, how stable is the OS, what is the OS, what's the warranty. Sorry, it's too alpha/beta for a mainstream reliable product at the moment.
DJMIYAGI 11:26 PM - 30 January, 2019
Quote:
how stable is the OS, what is the OS.

Watchwww.youtube.com
CMOS 11:32 PM - 30 January, 2019
This is literally an Intel NUC, an SL3, and a cheap touchscreen taken out of their cases and shoehorned into a mixer.

Not really much different than when Akiem frankensteined his 56 back in the day and put the SL box inside the mixer, if i remember he even attached a screen.

This is not groundbreaking to me.
DJMIYAGI 11:39 PM - 30 January, 2019
Quote:
This is literally an Intel NUC, an SL3, and a cheap touchscreen taken out of their cases and shoehorned into a mixer.

I was thinking it might be the Denon DS-1 since it's so compact in size. More room for other internal components. You may be right
dj_soo 11:48 PM - 30 January, 2019
I remember Jazzy Jeff installed an SL3 in his DJM 909 a while back too.
popnwave 11:49 PM - 30 January, 2019
If you have competent soldering skills it wouldn't be -that- hard to include that interface.
deejdave 2:21 AM - 31 January, 2019
Safe to say the DJ's this would be marketed toward are smart enough to see right through it.
jprime 6:48 PM - 31 January, 2019
:chinstroke: I wonder if I could shoehorn a Denon DS1 into my TTM57-SL
popnwave 4:11 PM - 1 February, 2019
Quote:
:chinstroke: I wonder if I could shoehorn a Denon DS1 into my TTM57-SL

I mean, the audio leads should be no big deal, just keep that power isolated well so you don't have any issues with that.
YZ 7:23 PM - 1 February, 2019
Quote:
I remember Jazzy Jeff installed an SL3 in his DJM 909 a while back too.

No, you mean someone installed an SL3 into Jazzy Jeff's mixer.
Phatboy 6:55 PM - 27 February, 2019
I bought the DDj SZ2 a couple months ago. Not really happy, I thought the jog wheels/scratching would be a lot better.. also serato somtimes freezes during playback just for 1-2 seconds. the screen will freeze and music will stop.. My computer is well above Min. Requirements.. What i'm wondering is the DDJ sz2 scratching really that bad or do you think its in my computer and do you think Pioneer will be coming out with a newer version soon??

Thanks
popnwave 7:58 PM - 27 February, 2019
Your specs are probably fine, but it will probably come down to chipsets (USB and AUDIO) as well as software (OS and version of SDJ being used). Plenty of folks use the SZ2 with no problems.
Phatboy 8:22 PM - 27 February, 2019
Unfortunately im using Windoes 10... any thoughts if Pioneer will come out with new Controller?
DJMIYAGI 10:45 PM - 27 February, 2019
Quote:
any thoughts if Pioneer will come out with new Controller?

Hard to tell. Their focus shifted heavily to their own line of rekordbox controllers and a lot of folks assumed the Serato partnership was coming to an end...but then the SZ2 came out followed by the SR2, then the SB3 and SX3. An SZ3 might be a possibility but no telling at this stage.
Phatboy 10:54 PM - 27 February, 2019
From what I've read Recordbox is not nearly as advanced yet.. I like the thumb drive plug and play capability but not worth spending 6,000.00 for Cdj's to dj small parties and clubs.. I like the dennon controller I guess will wait and see..