Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Novation Twitch - late 2018 - possible??

reif99 9:57 PM - 26 September, 2018
Hi Serato legends,

Can u use a twitch with a brand new MacBook Pro (purchased within the last 3 months) with the latest serato DJ pro?

I have a mate who I have been teaching how to DJ (he has been barrowing my DDJSX) with Serato DJ. I have found a twitch in good condition at my local pawn shop for less than $100 USD. He has a new MacBook Pro (I think it’s a pro? Maybe not?) but I gotta assume it’s running the latest or almost latest Mac OS.

Anyone still rockin a Twitch??

My justification is that compared to other 2nd hand controllers around $100, it’s one of the few that unlocks serato DJ pro and the build quality looks pretty legit

Does it work on a modern Mac OS?

Still works with Serato?

A good little machine to learn on?

Any thoughts or suggestions?

BTW - he wants to play house/techno, so the lack of jog wheels is not really a issue
Mr Wilks 10:02 PM - 26 September, 2018
The Twitch is great but I've not powered mine up in years. It runs on a mid-2012 MBP fine. I find it works much better with Serato Itch due to the way the FX was changed in SDJ.
DJ Trice 9:50 AM - 27 September, 2018
Hello reif99,

I also sometimes use my twitch without any issue on MBP pro 13" mid-2014 and before i had a mbp pro 15" mid 2012.

There's also no issue on pc with win 7 & 10: the only recommandation is to use a 64 bits version for windows and it will run flawless :-)

I always use the Twitch with SDJ (latest version) on both platforms (last time was this summer for a wedding party).

Twitch is my "light setup" and it's very sure and stable.

I have to test again with SDJ PRO latest version because the first one was not good for me but twitch works. That's for me the best controller for this price as you said (i bought my one 4 years ago
jprime 10:45 PM - 27 September, 2018
I'm on a 2012 MBP on High Sierra and haven't had any issues with SDJ Pro.

Love my Twitch. If they made a MKII version with 4 channels, DVS support and a nice fader I'd be ecstatic.
Mutis Mayfield 11:18 PM - 27 September, 2018
Quote:

Love my Twitch. If they made a MKII version with 4 channels, DVS support and a nice fader I'd be ecstatic.

Another option could be akai amx 2xafx combo...
reif99 1:31 AM - 28 September, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Another option could be akai amx 2xafx combo...

I agree with the akai, great little units - but chances of getting 3x units for around $100 is impossible!
Mutis Mayfield 6:37 AM - 28 September, 2018
Similar but different of course...
Full DVS possibility, innofader and modularity make them expensive even these weren’t so succesful and usually are cheap on craiglist.
Also class compliant design make them useful for iOS against non class compliance from twitch...

Maybe it’s the inherent workflow of these units which make (us) users a nichey not enough worthfulbfor Djing devs. IDK but I loved my twitch back in the day...
reif99 12:33 PM - 28 September, 2018
Quote:
Hello reif99,

I also sometimes use my twitch without any issue on MBP pro 13" mid-2014 and before i had a mbp pro 15" mid 2012.

There's also no issue on pc with win 7 & 10: the only recommandation is to use a 64 bits version for windows and it will run flawless :-)

I always use the Twitch with SDJ (latest version) on both platforms (last time was this summer for a wedding party).

Twitch is my "light setup" and it's very sure and stable.

I have to test again with SDJ PRO latest version because the first one was not good for me but twitch works. That's for me the best controller for this price as you said (i bought my one 4 years ago

Cheers legend, good info to know
Usioures 1:48 PM - 31 January, 2019
cool
Usioures 1:49 PM - 31 January, 2019
I use serato with mac and It works perfectly well[url=au.edubirdie.com].[/url] I have no idea why some users complain, maybe it’s a bag of the app? And I like to use Twitch with the latest version of SDJ on both platforms.
Mr Mon 6:40 PM - 10 April, 2019
Hi
I'm trying to get a Twitch recognised on a 2018 MBP running High Sierra and can't get it recognised at all. The touch strips just pulse from the middle outwards. I've installed the USB drivers but am out of ideas... anyone help? It is still listed in the Serato hardware here: serato.com
jprime 9:52 PM - 11 April, 2019
Have you tried a different USB cable & port?
Mr Mon 7:40 AM - 12 April, 2019
Yep. And 3 different machines (2 OS X, 1 Win 10).
I now think the Twitch is faulty… unless there’s some way to reset or reinstall the firmware?
jprime 3:45 PM - 12 April, 2019
Sounds like it's faulty to me.

You could try re installing the latest USB drivers. (Mac 2.7 / Win 2.12)

customer.novationmusic.com
Mr Mon 4:30 PM - 12 April, 2019
Yeah, have the latest drivers and the latest Serato DJ Pro. Thanks though.
dj_soo 12:57 AM - 13 April, 2019
Could try rolling back to an old version of serato or even itch.
Mr Wilks 10:32 AM - 14 April, 2019
I think there was a problem with the USB drivers when I last used mine.

I downloaded the latest (was marked "beta" I think) and it worked.

On windows I had a problem with an old USB3 driver. Once that updated it worked.

I'm going back a few years now though.
Mr Mon 10:40 AM - 18 April, 2019
Yeah, should say I've tried quite a few different combinations now, Mac & PC, older versions of Serato (& Itch!) and different drivers. No luck so I've returned it. It's a shame, I always wanted to try one, intriguing form factor.
Thanks for the help and advice.
jprime 4:15 PM - 18 April, 2019
I'm having no problems on latest Mac OS and Twitch.

I'd wager something went wrong inside
Merka685 8:32 AM - 15 May, 2019
Quote:

@jprime are you using Mojave? Read somewhere Mojave was not comparable with the twitch
reif99 10:30 AM - 15 May, 2019
FYI, ending up buying a cheap 2nd hand twitch for $50 (curiosity got the better of me) in May 2019.

Using windows 10 (latest version)

Works perfect in the latest version of SDJ

The touch strips feel very intuitive in Serato DJ Pro, a lot better than in the last version of twitch.

Great little controller for practice or portable use in 2019 (on windows). Rugged construction, everything works!!

The only issue I had that it’s USB port was loose, bent the pins back out with a precision pair of tweezers, now hold the USB cable perfect. The loose port was causing serato to crash and twitch hang. All good now
art zag 3:31 PM - 23 June, 2019
Just to report, as of late June 2019 my Twitch controller still works fine on the latest 64-bit Windows 10 (1903) and latest Serato DJ Pro 2.1.2 on Novation Windows driver 2.12 and two legacy architecture laptops.
If Serato DJ crashes at opening, it is always the Novation Twitch driver not being recognized by Windows. Device Manager is your friend (or nemesis). After plugging your Twitch to USB, in Device Manager > Audio Inputs and Outputs, you should see Line In and Line Out of Twitch. If not, try different USB socket, different cable etc.
Your're not done yet though!.. Right-click on Line In (or Line Out) > Properties > Events. Read the Events. If you see "Device not Migrated" it likely means that latest update of Windows could not make sense of the old-school Novation Twitch driver.
What helped me is (before starting Serato DJ):
1. Running installation of original sound driver (Realtek for Windows 8.0 in my case).
2. Reinstalling latest Novation Twitch driver (2.12)
3. Opening Novation USB 1.1 Audio Control Panel app and nudging Latency slider to the right. This seems to be the "Aha.!" moment for Windows to recognize Novation driver as a valid functioning driver. Serato DJ opened normally and things worked as usual.
This may help you with any other old device drivers... Don't just install them, open them and nudge some settings to ensure the new iteration of Windows doesn't just ignore them.
I hope this helps someone.
jprime 6:20 PM - 24 June, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

@jprime are you using Mojave? Read somewhere Mojave was not comparable with the twitch

I am not on Mojave.
off-beat 10:21 AM - 27 November, 2019
Quote:
Just to report, as of late June 2019 my Twitch controller still works fine on the latest 64-bit Windows 10 (1903) and latest Serato DJ Pro 2.1.2 on Novation Windows driver 2.12 and two legacy architecture laptops.
If Serato DJ crashes at opening, it is always the Novation Twitch driver not being recognized by Windows. Device Manager is your friend (or nemesis). After plugging your Twitch to USB, in Device Manager > Audio Inputs and Outputs, you should see Line In and Line Out of Twitch. If not, try different USB socket, different cable etc.
Your're not done yet though!.. Right-click on Line In (or Line Out) > Properties > Events. Read the Events. If you see "Device not Migrated" it likely means that latest update of Windows could not make sense of the old-school Novation Twitch driver.
1. Running installation of original sound driver (Realtek for Windows 8.0 in my case).
3. Opening Novation USB 1.1 Audio Control Panel app and nudging Latency slider to the right. This seems to be the "Aha.!" moment for Windows to recognize Novation driver as a valid functioning driver. Serato DJ opened normally and things worked as usual.
This may help you with any other old device drivers... Don't just install them, open them and nudge some settings to ensure the new iteration of Windows doesn't just ignore them.

Thanks so much! Jogging the latency thing was all I needed - I was getting close to giving up on getting this working. You've made my day!
#KayCee 5:39 AM - 18 June, 2020
Quote:

Thank you!

Bumping this thread for those who may need the help. This advice absolutely worked for me, esp step three re: the latency slider within Novation's USB control app.

Prior to this, I've been searching the web for the past three days, trying to figure out why Serato kept crashing when I connected Twitch.

Came across this thread and I can confirm this def works! Im up and running with an Asus Vivobook 15 | Serato DJ Pro 2.3.0 and Twitch :)